Death Star x 3 headed Dragon

Guest Blake

Guest Blake

These are in 11th week since going to 12/12. Buds are still building, very few brown stiles. Took photos in room as moving the plants now probably would not be smart as the buds are getting heavier. 3/3 on for females. :). Went with three gallon mesh pots and these have been using more water on a regular basis than their four roommates which are all Strawberry Hill varieties. Just left the main cola on the young lady in the back corner to see how it would affect overall yield. At this point looks I should have left them on judging by her adjacent sister ??? Very healthy plants start to finish. Just a bit of nutrients, had some calcium/ mag problems but managed to get ahead of it as far as these three were concerned. (lost a really nice Black Scratch) These plants are producers. Soil grow, germinate, solo cup and then three gallon mesh pots and here we are. Any guesses on when these will mature??? 

IMGP3903.thumb.jpg.d2b772d8de5ea061038a5b50b0c5145c.jpgIMGP3905.thumb.jpg.eb1fd2a0620b5ced1cf8db57acd6907b.jpg

Some plants will try to keep going.. you can lower the light hrs to 11 then 10, and try shocking them a bit with cooler temperatures and cold water..

I have 1 BK Dragon that went 11 weeks. I just pulled here down.

I would say it is the Dragons Blood in there. Mine did finish nice.

But has a totally different smell than the other 3. Smells like weird fruity.

I'll let you know how the taste comes out and look forward to seeing how yours does. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Knocked them down yesterday morning. Smells very strong in the drying tent. Lots of trichome development and very interested in a puff or two. That is three plants worth hanging right after harvest. Be very interested to see what the dry weight is.

IMGP3992.thumb.jpg.e4f948aad2b6bd0671779dcf2352187e.jpgIMGP3995.thumb.jpg.5c90530656d621a170836f01d0ed2698.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Removed them from the drying room and place the dried bud in Mason jars for the curing phase yesterday. 90 gms (3.2 oz) from three plants. Just doing a preliminary test smoke as this is being written. Fishing has been good. Picked this up yesterday (5lbs), excellent smoker.  

IMGP4017.thumb.jpg.fb86c41f3eae8259abbfbdd2fe3e1faa.jpg

Buds have a healthy, pleasant but slightly diesel aroma. Pleasant and smooth smoke even before curing. And it works, took a single puff when beginning this post and the jury is now in. Heading out fishing so no wake and bake to follow :). One plant was trimmed of all auxiliary colas, she produced the least at 22 grams. One that was not trimmed and left to grow as desired produced 37gms. Substantial difference. The photos in the above post show the 37 gm plant and the largest cola in the hanging buds was the trimmed plant.These were very healthy plants with no problems start to finish. BTW really like the sock dryer for hanging the plants. Very handy to place and move around, would recommend for small time growers.

Archived