Ethnobotanical plants!

Guest Oldproseeds

Guest Oldproseeds

Hello friends!

Just though id make a section for the Ethnobotanical plants here... ;)

Have a few,,done lots in the past and getting going again since i have the time!

What they are,,is plants that get you a buzz besides weed plants!!!

Believe me their is plenty out there too,,like even mushrooms and my favorite=Kratom powder!

Have been growing Kratom for a bit...just harvested my first home grown powder lately,,i have 8 trees,,and 3 types in all going...

Green Malayan,,Pink Thai,,and red krater trees!!!

Will be showing many ways to GET BUZZED using other plants from mother earth ok folks,,lemme start with those trees now.

KRATOM TEA is a very cool thing folks,,it does get you either energy or relaxation and it works too!

Making a tea is what i do....ALL DAY  n NIGHT LONG haha,,,drinking now matter of fact friends,,goes great with weed....

:)

Besides that,,i have poppies,,and 2 kinds of cacti..

Home made opium is great too,,will show how to do ok!

My first harvest here of leaves that i grinder up in a coffee grinder to powder..

OP

kratom trees 17.1.JPG

my kratom powder.1.JPG

my kratom powder.2.JPG

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff there @Oldproseeds.

Lots of ways to catch a buzz.

Pretty cool keep it coming.

How are the Kratom plants different?

Different doses and effects?

Are they like Cannabis ?

being that each individual plant gives its Own signature effects?

Thanks for sharing

Guest Oldproseeds
6 hours ago, Ilynnboy said:

Good stuff there @Oldproseeds.

Lots of ways to catch a buzz.

Pretty cool keep it coming.

How are the Kratom plants different?

Different doses and effects?

Are they like Cannabis ?

being that each individual plant gives its Own signature effects?

Thanks for sharing

Yes my man,,these Kratom trees/leaf have all different effects and much like WEED!!!

Here is how it goes,

RED VIEN TYPES=they are relaxing,,and work very good just like an indica.... ;)

GREEN VIEN TYPES= a more energetic mix,,but also relaxing and mind clearing!

WHITE VEIN TYPES=these are the energetic ones,,start you up in the morning just like coffee folks...

NOT JOKE MEDS!!

if you all wanna try it,,go to Kratoma.com

they do the wholesale and are my place to buy as i get 2 big bags or so every few months people!

You all like the buzz weed gives right,,well this is another one you will enjoy friends,,Google Kratom and learn lots....

i have 3 types and 8 trees going plus cuttings....

1. is the RED type,,have mostly those because they are a bit hardier for my harsh climates..

2. is a Pink Thai type,,much like the RED one and may be?

3. is the Green Malayan type,,a very sensitive one,,can't take to much heat,,and will die around 45-50 degrees,

i NEED a WHITE dang it....?....i south them rooted right before the DEA was gonna make it illegal huh last spring?

Now the FDA wants to fuck with it folks....this country is vastly turning into RUSSIA#2,,,believe me we are losing our rights every day.

Lots of people that are getting OFF pain pills are using Kratom ok,,it is NOT an opiate so no fear friends,,just acts like it...

Never getting you ALL FUCKED UP SICK like opiates used wrong for to long,,,ask me,,,i just got off pills n shit!!!

;)

Takes that pill sick RIGHT AWAY OK....if anybody needs help THERE IT IS=ORDER IT AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT QUITTING PILLS!!!

a great Natural product,,from the jungles of the Indonesian islands and Thai land where now very illegal?

Sumatra,,Borneo,,and those places very tropical..usually,,but they WILL DO WELL here in my jungle!

SO,any questions i can help you with just ask....more good things coming up like my poppies!!!!!

got 5 types going hehehe... :)

Op

Guest Oldproseeds

Harvesting and drying Kratom Leaf!!!

Hello again friends,,just a pic of how i dry my leaf at the end of season.... ;)

Throw a clean sheet over a bed not used and then after dry,,place is big plastic bag to crush up a bit,

then from there i place into coffee grinder an powder it the rest of the way into nice dust!

Pretty simple if you can actually grow Kratom right haha,,,i am lucky here for that way down here.................

Also i have a pic of my poppies and boy huh,,you wanna try that indoors you must baby then lots before going outside in my climate,

today however it is a dream weather for me so cool and dry finally,,it does take until DECEMBER to get a tad of cool air????

OP

kratom leaf dry.JPG

poppies 17.1.JPG

Man am interested in kratom as i hurd its good for depression and i read its a mood stabilizator,you feel nice from it..

from what i reading here i will love those red that kicks as indy.. problem is our country forbidd kratom and they

treat it like a drugs.. so for now i dont know a way to aquire this grounded plant leafes..

Ready to learn more so i will keep mine eye on this thread..

Wish best OldPro,kind regards

Guest Oldproseeds
On 12/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, Ilynnboy said:

Heya @Oldproseeds.

can seeds be acquired of that white?

Can I grow it indoors?

like an annual flower?

I would like to try the white version...

I am sedate enough already..

Hey my man,,welp seeds are a hard one to get?

The seeds of kratom have to be very very fresh to germinate,,i never had a chance to get any myself?

Will try and grow these out and get them suckers one day,,since i have so many trees a few will be in the ground to test that...

Your best bet is to grab a pound at that site i mentioned before it gets put on a ban!

A way to get it is in cuttings,,i may be doing that,,but my mailing sucks,,they do sell cuts online still though@!

Love the way the WHITE VIEN gets my right into things like a great sativa and you will too,,@illynnboy

Op

Guest Oldproseeds
22 hours ago, Words said:

Hey Oldpro, you ever tried "mad honey" honey made from rhododendrons. I want to try some of that stuff.

Yo my man...mad honey?

Never heard of that shit,,nope never tried it...

Op

I found this:

All kratom trees seem to produce a variety of vein colors throughout the year. Our experience in South Florida has shown that the hotter months bring forth more of the Red Veins and the cooler months produce more White & Green Veins (we could be wrong, the stimuli could be unrelated to weather or temperature altogether). This is purely anecdotal, please conduct your own research on kratom trees and proper care as well as how they would thrive in your climate.

@Oldproseeds

What say you?

Edit:

This (Mitragyna speciosa) is Wild harvested from Borneo Island. It's related to the Coffee tree family. This plant contains many of the same alkaloids found in Chocolate and a series of alkaloids that effect the human opioid receptors.

I found that statement very interesting.

Buy Kratom

Why not grow from seed? 

The kratom seed only lasts a few days after leaving the parent tree. So, the seeds would be dead by the time you get them. The soil has to have a lot of nitrogen, and the area must have a lot of sunlight—but not all direct since the plant also likes the warm shade. It also takes a year of fertilizing, watering, and nurturing seeds in order to give them a chance to grow. That’s why it could take up to ten years for a tree to be completely mature.

I found this also:

The following is a cloning guide for Kratom Plants

Over the last couple of years I have seen the subject of cloning kratom brought up in many discussions. Most of those who knew how weren't talking, some even went as far as calling it a trade secret LOL. So I decided to try it using methods I had used to root other plants, how hard could it be, its just a tree after all. I thought I would share what I learned with those that might find it useful, the more kratom trees we have in the states the better imo.

Supplies Needed: 
Gallon Ziplocks
Plastic Drinking Cups
Isopropyl Alcohol 
A Sharp Blade
Potting Soil 
Distilled Water (I've also used my well water) Spray Bottle 
A Clear Gallon Jug and a Pot 

I've used Miracle Grow potting soil, and later Jiffy seed starting mix for this, Miracle Grow is pretty lame stuff, all things considered, its just the cheapest acceptable potting mix available around here. I have not noticed any difference between either mix I've used, as far as rooting success is concerned anyway, pure peat moss would probably work just as well. 

I normally use clear or translucent drinking cups, the size is not not that important, the smaller the cup, the sooner you have to repot. 
I like clear so I can see the roots sooner, this helps me start getting them adjusted to a lower humidity as soon as possible, which in turn lessens the possibility of fungus problems. You should keep them bunched together so the cups are shaded, and repot once they have roots showing. I have read its not good for the roots to get much light exposure, after some testing I tend to agree. One could use solid cups to avoid this, just check the drainage holes for roots. 
Drill or poke holes in the bottom of your cups, and fill with your potting mix. 
Water the potting mix till it is saturated, its best not to have pockets of dry peat moss as it can cause your cutting to fail. 

Clean your blade with alcohol and take a four node cutting, then remove all but the two top sets of leaves. A three node cutting may work as well, I can't really say as all I have tried have been four node cuttings. I will be trying a few three node cuttings in the future to see how well that works. I used rooting hormone on about half of the cuttings, and then inserted them into the potting mix between 1-2" deep. There was no noticeable difference between those I used the rooting powder on and those I didn't. If you end up having a fungus problem try the rooting powder and see what happens, it may help. 

Put the cup in a gallon size ziplock, and zip it closed, don't put more than one cutting in a bag, because if one fails it can contaminate the others. Don't water it again until there is no longer condensation actively forming in the bag, don't let it dry out though, the potting mix must remain moist. The fastest way to kill a cutting is by rotting it from being too wet, on the other hand it can't dry out much till it has roots or the cutting will die. 
Just keep an eye on it, mine have always had roots forming long before it was time to water. 

When you see a good root system is developing, unzip the bag and pay close attention because this is the tricky part. If your plant starts to wilt close the bag until it recovers and start again, this will more than likely happen. Try to remember how long it took to wilt and mist it before that time next try. 
Once it gets to the point it can handle this lower humidity pot it up and make a humidity dome. 
I like to use the clear gallon jugs I bought my distilled water in, I just cut the bottom off. 
You can skip the bag/cup and just use the dome from the beginning as well. but in most cases its better to pot up as you need to.
Another problem with not using cups first is that you won't be able to see root growth for a long time, that is unless you disturb the plants growing mix, which can stress a freshly rooted cutting, and cause other problems as well. 

Start out by leaving the cap on the dome, then after a couple days take it off, in a few more days cut a small hole in the water jug, about 2" in diameter will do, you can use tape to adjust the air circulation if its too big at first. 
From here you can keep cutting holes or start taking off the dome for short periods of time until the plant can deal with outside humidity levels without wilting. Try misting it with the spray bottle at the first sign of it wilting during this process, if it doesn't work cover holes, or put the dome back on, depending on where your at in its humidity adjustment. 
Getting your plant use to being outside of the humidity dome is the most difficult step in the entire process. I have lost several by forgetting to put the dome back on soon enough. 
If you do happen to forget to put the dome back on and your plant looks dead don't give up on it, just put the dome back on and mist it. I've had my best luck saving them when they get badly wilted by removing all but the two top leaves before placing them back under the dome, a little trick I learned from growing brugmansia trees. For best results take your cuttings from actively growing, disease and insect free plants. 
As far as lighting goes, I've had luck starting the cuttings in total shade outside, by using grow lights set on 16 hour cycles, and some I started under grow lights I turn on and off at different times every day. I did get a better growth rate from the ones under timed lights. If you opt for growing outside in the shade make certain direct sunlight never hits the bag/dome, if it does it may kill you plant by superheating it. 
Like all plants kratom will have an optimal temperature in which it will root best, more than likely it will be variable, with a high and a low during a 24 hour period. 
What this ideal temperature range is I do not know, if anybody does I would be interested in the information. 
One can use heating pad or propagation mat for bottom heat when its cool out, but I didn't. The temperature at which I rooted half of these cuttings at was pretty much the same as the air temperature the mother plants where being exposed to, approx 65-100 degrees.
This is a pretty extreme when it comes to rooting many plants, but it seemed to work well for these kratom cuttings. 
However, the cuttings did not receive any direct sun like the mother plants did, just bright indirect light. 
The other half were done inside at room temperature under grow lights, which was slightly cooler than the outside temperature. 

How To Make Kratom Tea

kratom-tea.jpgA very enjoyable and super effective way to use Kratom is to prepare Kratom Tea. This is the preferred method of many Kratom users throughout the world. Tea is usually prepared with crushed or powdered leaf, but can also be prepared from concentrated extracts and resins. Warm Kratom Tea helps to bring on Kratom effects far quicker than other forms of use. We feel a warm drink sets the scene for the bliss your about to encounter. Remember that Kratom tea drank on an empty stomach brings on the effects much quicker.

Like any tea, the flavor depends on the water to plant material ratio whilst the strength depends on how much plant material is used per cup. Many Kratom Tea users ad things like honey, sugar, or extra water to help create the perfect balance, strength and flavor.

We have seen various Recipes for Kratom Tea. We only include the best Kratom Tea Recipes on this site. Kratom resin provides a very fast convenient way to make a tea. If you have a Kratom Tea Recipe - please email the host of this site.

Basic Kratom Tea Recipe:

The following is a basic recipe for making kratom tea. This recipe makes enough tea for 2 medium-strength doses.

1.) Take 15 grams (1/2 ounce) of dried, crushed kratom leaves (or powder) and put into a pot. To this add 1/2 liter of water.

2.) Boil very gently for 15 minutes. (if you boil on a very high heat, you will bring out the bitterness of the leaf).

3.) Pour the tea through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the liquid.

(squeeze the leaves in the strainer to get most of the liquid out).

4.) Put the leaves back in the pot and add another liter of fresh water. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

(after the leaves have been strained a second time, they can be discarded, or you can eat them to ensure you don't miss out of any vital alkaloids.)

5.) Put the combined liquid from both boiling's back into the pot and boil until the volume is reduced to about 100ml - enough for 2 medium strength servings.

If you don't like the taste of the kratom tea, boil it down to a very small volume, then gulp quickly and follow with some of your favorite juice (we prefer grapefruit juice). If you want to give this a little extra kick, add a couple of grams of Kratom 15x to the final boil.

Your Kratom Tea can be refrigerated for 5-7 days, You can freeze or add alcohol to store large batches for longer periods. When freezing, store in large plastic bottles (not glass) and close with a cap. We recommend freezing kratom tea in small plastic bottle (recycle your water bottles) and then removing from the freezer as and when you need them. If you freeze large containers of tea, you will need to de-frost the entire container prior to drinking. If you prefer to add alcohol (80 proof such as Vodka or Rum) add 1 part Alcohol to 3 parts Kratom Tea.

Fast Kratom Tea Recipe

The following is a faster recipe for making kratom tea. This recipe makes enough tea for 1 medium-strength doses.

1.) Take 7 grams (1/4 ounce) of dried, crushed kratom leaves (or powder) and put into a pot. To this add around 2.5 cups of water.

2.) Boil very gently for 15 minutes or until you have about 1 cup.

3.) Empty the pan into a cup and let cool for a few minutes.

4.) Stir with a spoon to suspend the kratom material and drink.

5.) You will have some powder residue or wet leaf still in the bottom of the cup. Add some cold water or fruit juice, stir it up, and try to consume as much of the remaining kratom as possible.

Maeng Da Kratom Tea Recipe

Being the strongest kratom strain on the market, the main benefit of Maeng Da Tea is that less material is required to make a brew. The result is a strong cup, without the bitter taste - a real plus if you dislike the flavor.

1.) Take 2-4 grams of crushed maeng da leaf (powder can also be used) and put into a pan. To this add around 2.5 cups of water.

2.) Boil very gently until over half the water has evaporated (usually around 10-15 minutes).

3.) Strain the remaining liquid into a cup and let cool for a few minutes.

4.) Add sugar or honey to sweeten and drink.

5.) The remaining material in the pan can still be consumed.

Kratom Resin Tea Recipe

The easiest way to make a tea is buy kratom resin, which can be dropped into boiling water and drank once the solid has dissolved. About 5 - 7.5 grams will be ample for a great cup of Kratom Resin tea. N-Joy !

The above are a guideline basis only. Everyone likes to perfect their own strength, flavor, sweetness etc

Kratom Chemistry

kratom-chemistry.jpgKratom alkaloids are structurally similar to psychedelics however psychedelic activity has never been reported. Kratom effects are opiate like and have been reported to be similar to Codeine and Vicodin. Interestingly Codeine and Vicodin are also used to help with Heroin addiction. Vicodin is currently the most popular drug in the United States with approximately 100 million people receiving a prescription last year.

Even through Mitragynine is an opiate withdrawal suppressant, its effect are not reversed by the opiate antagonist nalorphine. The opiate effects from Kratom are mediated by the delta and mu opiod receptors. Mitragynine in low doses produces a yohimbine-like attaching to alpha-adrenergic receptors(and partial attaching to the delta opioid receptors) - hence the stimulating effects at low doses. At higher doses, attachment to the delta opiod receptors increases and in very high doses we see attachment to the mu receptors - hence the sedative effects. Mu crossover is reportedly increased if opiate drugs are present.

Although delta receptor selective opiate drugs show almost no abuse potential, they can be used as a primer allowing mitragynine to more effectively attach to the mu receptor, which mediates the euphoric high produced by morphine.

Other effects of mitragynine are a reduction in smooth muscle tone, central nervous system depression and local anesthesia. Acute side effects include increased urination, dry mouth, loss of appetite, and constipation coupled with small, very dark stools. As with opiates, kratom in large doses can cause nausea and vomiting. Heavy use can also result in a prolonged sleep - that being said, some find Kratom stimulating and have trouble sleeping.

Thought to be the primary alkaloid in Kratom, 7-hydroxymitragynine, interacts with the three major opiod sites: Kappa, Delta and Mu. 7-hydroxymitragynine binds preferably to Mu's with a pKi value of 8.01+/- 0.02. Its only recently that 7-hydroxymitragynine has been thought to be the primary active. Previously, the majority of research has focused on the whole kratom plant and mitragynine. Subsequently, less is know of 7-hydroxymitragynine and research continues.

One last chemical in Kratom worth a shout is (-)-epicatechin. This is the chemical found in Dark Chocolate, Green Tea and Cranberry juice.(-)-Epicatechin has a wide range of benefits from reducing cancer risks, reducing the effects of free radicals on the body , and is a very powerful antioxidant - helping to prevent fat cells from oxidizing and blocking arteries. It helps with urinary infections and is beneficial to diabetics because it mimics insulin. It helps with blood sugar levels, inhibits alpha-amylase and prevents growth of bacteria such as E-Coli.

7-Hydroxymitragynine

7-Hydroxymitragynine is an active alkaloid in Kratom. It has opioid agonistic activity. "The potency, calculated using pD (2) values, was 30- and 17-fold higher than that of mitragynine and morphine, respectively. Antagonism of naloxone on concentration-response curves for 7-hydroxymitragynine confirmed its opioid effect. These results suggest that the opioid effect of M. speciosa is mostly based on the activity of 7-hydroxymitragynine. If your looking to buy 7-Hydroxymitragynine, look here. This alkaloid is the main asspect addeded to Kratom Tincture.

buy_kratom

Mitragynine

Mitragynine is the most abundant active alkaloid in the Kratom plant. In small doses its activity is reported to be stimulant like, while in higher doses more opiate like. These effects agree with the profile of mitragynine's actions developed by study of its action on the brain. It has been shown to be adrenergic (like some related alkaloids from yohimbe) at lower doses while at higher doses mitragynine acts on the mu and delta opiate receptors. The mu opiate receptors are responsible for the enjoyable effects of the opiates, analgesia, and physical dependence. Its potential for treating drug addiction, perhaps in combination with ibogaine, is being investigated. It is orally active.

Mitragynine was isolated in 1907 by D. Hooper, a process repeated in 1921 by E. Field who gave the alkaloid its name. Its structure was first fully determined in 1964 by D. Zacharias, R. Rosenstein and E. Jeffrey.

It is structurally related to both the yohimbe alkaloids and, more distantly, voacangine. It is even more distantly related to other tryptamine-based psychedelic drugs such as psilocybin or LSD. Chemically, mitragynine is 9-methoxy-corynantheidine.

Mitragynine itself acts primarily via μ-opioid receptors, although its oxidation product mitragynine-pseudoindoxyl, which is likely to be a major component of kratom that has been aged or stored for extended periods, acts as a fairly selective δ-opioid agonist with little affinity for μ or κ receptors. Another alkaloid with a major contribution to the μ-opioid activity of the kratom plant is the related compound 7-hydroxymitragynine (above), which while present in the plant in much smaller quantities than mitragynine, is a much more potent μ-opioid agonist.

buy_kratom

Kratom Effects / Kratom High / Kratom Buzz / Kratom Feelings

kratom-effects.jpg

I was one of the individuals that questioned if kratom would actually work. After my first experience of the kratom high many years ago, I was instantly a massive fan. The Kratom high is a result of a rather unique drug in that a low to moderate dose will usually (but not always) have stimulating effects, while a high dose provides a sedated feeling. This is apparently because the active alkaloids have both stimulant and sedative effects. This probably depends both on blood level and individual differences between users. I layed a kroad map of kratom effects below.

The stimulant buzz level: At the stimulant level the mind is more alert, physical energy and sometimes sexual energy is increased, ability to do hard monotonous physical work may be improved, one is more talkative, friendly, and sociable. Some people find this feeling edgy rather than pleasant & some people love it.

The sedative-euphoric-analgesic level: At this dosage you will be less sensitive to physical or emotional pain, feel and look calm, have a general feeling of comfortable pleasure, and may enter a pleasant dreamy reverie. You may experience some itching or sweating. Your pupils may be constricted (small). It is possible you may feel nauseated, but if you lie down and relax the nausea should quickly cease. You may find your appreciation of music is increased. It will be very pleasant to lie down on your back in a semi-darkened room, with eyes closed, and just listen to your favorite music. If you do this you may be fortunate enough to enter the delightful mixed-state of "waking-dreaming" where you have one foot in dreamland and the other foot in the real world. This state was much prized by the 19th century Romantic writers, who, lacking knowledge of kratom, resorted to the much more habit-forming narcotic, opium, to achieve it. Kratom effects usually last about six hours. The higher the dose, the stronger the effects, and the longer they last. Many people report a positive "afterglow" the next day.

What kratom effects are associated with different doses?

(dosage guidelines - based on Thai Kratom Powder)
2-5 grams = mild effects / feelings (typically the kratom effects are stimulant-like)
6-10 grams = medium strength effects / feelings (the kratom effects can be stimulant-like or sedative-euphoric-analgesic)
11-20 grams = strong effects / feelings (sedative-euphoric-analgesic effects; too strong for highly sensitive people)
21-50 grams = very strong effects/feelings (sedative-euphoric-analgesic effects; TOO HIGH FOR MOST PEOPLE)

Caution: These dosage guidelines apply to kratom leaves (not extracts). People vary in sensitivity to kratom, and different batches of kratom vary in potency (sometimes quite a lot), so these dosage estimates should be regarded as loose approximations. One should always start with a low dose when experimenting with a new batch of kratom. One can then increase the dose gradually with subsequent experiments until one obtains the desired level of effects. DO NOT take a strong, or very strong dose, the first time you are sampling a new batch of kratom. Most people experience nausea when using doses above 25 grams. Sensitive individuals may experience nausea at lower doses, but usually not at doses below 10 grams. For this reason, it is best to take kratom on an empty stomach when using strong doses (i.e. wait about 3 hours after eating). Some people are hypersensitive to kratom effects, and may experience adverse reactions (such as severe and prolonged vomiting) when using strong doses.

What are the risks? How safe is it?

When kratom is taken by itself (without mixing it with other drugs), the greatest risk is falling asleep while engaged in hazardous activities. NEVER drive while under the influence of a kratom high, even if you feel stimulated, rather than sleepy, for sleepiness may come on you without warning. Use common sense. Do not use power tools or climb ladders while under the influence of a kratom buzz. Be careful not to leave a pot on a lit stove and then fall asleep.

Pregnant women should not take any drug or medication except on medical advice. Since there have been no studies of the risks of kratom use by pregnant women, it is not known whether it could cause birth defects or fetal death. We strongly recommend that any woman who could possibly be pregnant NOT use kratom.

If you have any more information or personal experiences relating to kratom effects, please contact us. We can get you a discount coupon for the vendors we trust here. As we love hearing feedback from people across the world, please send us details of your kratom effects to the email here: ethnowebhost@yahoo.com

Experience Report 1:

I took 3 grams of kratom 15x extract mixed in with a warm glass of milk and honey. The taste was not bad. After taking down the kratom the effects set in
after about 30 minutes. I was in a state of complete relax mode. It put my entire body in a very chill mode. I sat in my chair for about 1 hr and didnt want to move. It was completely relaxing and I had very small waves that sent throughout my body, very settle but nice. The Kratom 15x effects lasted for about 3 hours. When the effects wore off, I drove home and noticed that I thorougly enjoyed music. It seemed as if the kratom heightened my hearing senses, as I wanted to hear music the entire way home. I was listening to melodic trance and felt i was in a state of trance, so intuned with the music.

My overall kratom 15x experience was great. I zoned out in my chair, and became in touch with my musical senses. The kratom almost felt as if it was a pain killer, but without the side effects of being drowsy afterwards. I also slept like a champ with no such hangover. I'm recommending this leaf to all my friends.

-Mr Prep

Experience Report 2

My experience with kratom has been mostly positive. I learned the best methods through trial and error i.e., best taken on an empty stomach. The buzz begins 30-60 minutes after ingestion (15x in a fruit smoothie). The first thing I notice is a marked improvement in my mood. It increases my motivation and stimulates my thought processing. After a while I feel friendly and content. Exercise feels effortless and the pain in my right foot diminishes. On several occasions I have found it prevents me falling asleep or it disrupts my sleep. It blunts my hunger for up to 6 hours, but upon eating, my hunger rapidly increases. However, it increases my desire for healthy food.

It shocked me to see the recommendation of limiting kratom to 1 or 2 times per week. I have been using on a daily basis. This new knowledge disturbs me because I am quite health conscious.

- Nicole

This is just my experience. Hopefully other longer term users can add their experience. Even if you're new to kratom, if you've been reading this sub you've seen a ton of posts about tolerance. It can easily be managed and you can avoid some of the pitfalls of letting tolerance get away from you.

Edited to Add: A commenter made a valid point about my usage levels in this post. I started @ 6-8g in 2 doses and have increased to 10-12g. This is just my experience and could easily be way to high or too low compared to others. My threshold dose was always 2.5-3g. When I was new to kratom I could barely feel or not feel anything from less than 2.5g. The first thing I did was determine my lowest threshold dose and that is good advice to everyone. We are not created equal at all in the area. Some can get great results from 1g and others (like my wife) need a minimum of 5-6g to feel anything at all and she takes kratom far less often than I do. The important point in general is to ALWAYS try to use the minimum amount to get desired effects. This applies to new folks and vets. Since tolerance is driven by total consumption, sticking with the least amount necessary is sound practice.

Almost all psychoactive substances build tolerance in frequent users. Since kratom works on opiod receptors, it is prone to the same type of tolerance problems that people in pain management face. Opiates are long known to be poor long term treatments for pain. Patients build a tolerance to the point where the drugs are ineffective without requiring dangerously high doses. In a medical environment, this raises some big problems with things like treating pain during surgery with a chronic pain management patient. Kratom isn't an opiate, but it does have similar tolerance building issues that will arise with nearly all regular users.

Studies on opiates have shown that once a person builds a tolerance to opiates it can take months or even years to go away. There is some data starting to show that the tolerance from opiates can be permanent even after long term abstinence. Luckily, I don't think kratom falls in the same category completely but I do think you can build a "life tolerance" to kratom just like many other things. I have a high "life tolerance" to alcohol. I think a lot of chronic drinkers end up in the same place. After I had a year away from drinking, my lower tolerance lasted a total of 1 week during my relapse. I was right back up to where I was a year prior in a blink of an eye. I think the same thing happens to many other substances. Including kratom. Kratom seems to be much more forgiving than other things. I've read many posts of long term users cutting large daily doses in half or more and maintaining a relationship. I've also real plenty of posts from long term users who can never find the willpower to back it down. I don't want to be one of those and I work hard at keeping things where I feel comfortable.

What are the early signs of tolerance?

Well, the honeymoon period is great. Every dose and practically every strain feels great. Small doses last a long time and every dose hits pretty good. Peak effects during the honeymoon period are great but not sustainable. The first sign of building tolerance is diminished peak effects. Sure, kratom still works great but it's not hitting the same level as it used to. Some report being able to maintain the honeymoon phase forever. That definitely didn't happen with me and it doesn't seem like it happens to many at all. When peak effects start to wane, you are exiting the honeymoon and entering tolerance-land. It's a normal progression and there really is little you can do about it.

When I exited the honeymoon phase (somewhere between months 2-3), I did have to up my dose ranges. My initial total daily was 6-8g total in 2 doses and I ended up going 10-12g total in 2 doses. That fixed it for another month or 2 but again, tolerance caught up to me. I started having random doses that barely worked. Sometimes it would just be a one off and other times it would last several days or more. This is a proverbial crossroads for many users. Sure, I could up the dose again but when tolerance builds again (which it will)....then what? For me, this is where managing tolerance became a priority.

I do believe you can hit and maintain a tolerance plateau. I've seen many multi-year kratom users do it. I've been doing it but on a much shorter timescale. To properly manage tolerance, you have to be willing to give to get. There are tradeoffs. Some of which are hard to let go of (strong effects every time and long duration). If you can't let go of these then you are ripe for chasing an escalating dose ladder. That seems to be a common theme for people who run into bigger problems down the line. I'm committed to avoiding that. It's not easy all the time but I have unbreakable rules I have to follow or risk losing the benefits of the plant over the long term in exchange for short term rewards.

How do you manage tolerance?

There are multiple ways. The most effective is taking regular clean breaks for 3-7 days (or longer). That's easier said than done sometimes. Another way that I use on the regular is a rapid taper. I'll cut my daily in half over a period of 5 days and then hold there for a few more. There is some discomfort doing this but not as much as a clean break. When I return back to my old schedule everything works great. I do believe the 3 most important methods of maintaining a tolerance plateau is regular breaks, rapid tapers, and unbreakable personal usage rules.

Potentiators. Personally, I've had no luck with any of them. I've done agmatine, freezing, lemon juice, BSO, WGFJ, and many other things and honestly, they just weren't worth it for me. Others have better experiences but for me the results weren't worth the effort or extra expense. Freezing and lemon juice do seem to add some punch but it was temporary. I didn't want to end up in a cycle where I HAD to use these methods to get my desired effects so I backed away from them completely.

Sacrifices. If you can't find the willpower, time, or energy to make sacrifices then you're going to have a hard time managing tolerance. Sometimes doses are going to suck. There's no two ways around it. Being satisfied with so-so effects is hard to do but important. Rapid tapering and clean breaks are sacrifices too. No pain no gain.

Less is more. You see this all the time. It works for some but it doesn't work for others. I look at it a little different. I take notes on strains so I know the least amount I need to get where I want to be. There can literally be zero difference in effects between 5g and 6 or 7g of a strain. In some cases the higher amount is worse but the point I'm trying to make is if 5g does the job perfectly then doing 6 or 7g just cuz is a net negative in tolerance control. Why let your body get used to 6-7g as normal when 5g already does the job? Make sense?

Avoiding compulsion. We've all been there. Feeling great and wanting it to continue forever so you compulsively redose or take larger doses in the future just cuz. This is bad practice over the long term. Give into compulsion once and you'll give in every time. If you feel a compulsion to "pile on", give yourself 10-15 minutes to think it through. Compulsive redosing is an early sign of running the ladder and getting into problems.

Dose spacing. This is a big one. Bodies build tolerance and dependency based on plasma levels. If you're constantly upping your plasma levels throughout a day you are training your body to want (or need) to do this every day. You can't trick or defeat chemistry. Closely spaced doses all day every day is a recipe for inter-dose withdrawal. It is good practice to wait at least 6 hours between doses (longer the better). I've managed to completely avoid inter-dose withdrawal with my schedule. I dose at noon and 6-7pm. I go 18 hours between doses every single day. I experience little if any inter-dose withdrawal and this is with an 18 hour gap every day and I've been a daily user for over 9 months. It doesn't affect my sleep at all and I don't wake up in withdrawal. The only reason I can do this is because I trained my body that this is normal. My mornings are productive and "normal" and days that I don't feel I need a noon dose I just skip it. I do this probably 1-2 times per week.

Lifestyle and health. This one isn't talked about often but I personally believe that it should be near the top of the list. Kratom is a tool and not a miracle cure. When I got away from my long term drinking habit I went on a mission of sorts. I didn't just quit drinking, I quit being a lazy out of shape drunk with a bad diet. I've lost 35 pounds, exercise regularly, and eat a very healthy diet. I'm not a health nut and I'll eat pizza or whatever when I want to but I live by the 80/20 rule meaning 80% of what I eat every day is healthy. I eat dessert every single night (one of my favorite parts of not drinking. lol) but day to day my diet is rich in fiber, veggies, fruits, nuts, and whatever else is in the fridge that is good for me. I also take a standard "stack" every day that has all the goodies (multi, d3, b complex, mag, fish oil, milk thistle, calcium (I'm getting old.lol), and coq10). One thing my body is not lacking is basic nutrition. It makes a difference. Big difference.

Bodies are machines. Keep the machine tuned up and healthy and EVERYTHING is better. Including kratom. My best doses are after a cardio workout. I always exercise before I take any kratom. I like to know my unaltered baseline with cardio and weights. After a weight routine and 30 minute ride on the cycle I feel like a champ. Then add some kratom on top after a shower I can take on the damn world. There are countless ways to improve your physical and mental health. Add as many techniques as possible in your routine and you can rely less on kratom to fix what ails you. By default, this allows kratom to have stronger effects. Since you feel good already, kratom makes you feel even better. It's a win win.

As a side note to health and nutrition, I was on rx blood pressure meds for 2 years. My doc said it was genetic. My blood pressure climbed from high normal to 160/100 during my 40's. I was told I would be on BP meds for life. After I quit drinking and literally reshaped my body, I stopped taking blood pressure meds completely. My BP is normal for the first time in 10 years without medication. Something I was told would NEVER happen. It was a complete surprise to my doctor. It's also a testament to the power of practicing good health and nutrition. If my old fat drunk ass can turn things around in just 2 years, ANYBODY can do it. It's hard as fuck at times and it will test you on every level during the beginning but the long term payoff is HUGE. Now I'm on cruise control. My routine is ingrained in my life and it all comes easy. Make a commitment to your body and mind that you are going to do whatever it takes to fix your problems. Kratom is a great augmenter for this but not a standalone solution or a cure. That comes from within by practicing multiple methods of self improvement.

Guest Oldproseeds

COOL STUFF SHAG!!!

Yes sir,,it can be like pain pills in a way,,but all natural and way better than that ugly SHIT!!!

After my coffee in the mornings,,i hit the WHITE KRATOM and get a good boost to take care of work.... ;)

THEN,,i hit the RED KRATOM at around 2:30 to 3:00 after lunch to get that relaxing going for the night!

i love it friends,,made getting off pain pills EASY hahahaha......fuck that life.

OP

MERRY XMAS FRIENDS,,,carry on in here all posts are welcome!

• 1 month later...
Guest Oldproseeds

WOW this weather SUCKS BAD this season???

We are going from 85 to 35 degrees in 1 day....;(

ANYHOW it is time for the transplanting of my poppies!

After a month or more of intensive care,,babying them under the T5,,,using half the bulbs 4 for 200 watts vegetive growth,

they reach about 1 to 3 inches tall,,allowing them to root and stiffen up for the bigger pots,,i feed lightly using Miracle GRO!

My all time favorite fertilizer folks,,is simply the BEST for less...;)

Here they are now,,as i take them over to the green house were they will grow out to mature bulbs!!!

poppies 18.1.JPG

Do you made tea from poppie heads??

Me and friends was one time cooking tea from heads and i was sleep 2 days from that tea..  it was hard couchlock,no moving much..

7 hours ago, Dog Star said:

Me and friends was one time cooking tea from heads and i was sleep 2 days from that tea..  it was hard couchlock,no moving much..

Eww, no bueno

Guest Oldproseeds
11 hours ago, Dog Star said:

Hello DOG!

Well i know you had that drug effect good from the sound of that buzz hahaha... ;)

Actually i HATE  poppy teas,,one of the worst tasting teas you can ever make so never again that way?

What i do is after the poppies have grown all the flower peddles fall off and you are left with the pods,

i may or may not scar the pods,,using a razor blade it is a method to get the sap from the pods to bleed out a bit!!

Most heroin or poppy fields are done that way and the sap hardens a bit then is scraped off the pods collected....

However,,you do not have to do that it is tricky because the pods are very thin and you must not cut threw into the pods to bleed correctly,

you can just grow the poppies good and mature,,collect the pods and dry them,,taking the seeds out by cutting the top of the pods off then,

break them up and place into a coffee grinder to powder,,then place that powder into a canning jar or glass jar with lid and fill using rubbing alcohol....

You can get the 90% or the 70% and it works the same as poppy resin is also water soluble meaning it will extract well into even water,,but alcohol,

will dry way way faster!

After you have had the jars sitting a few days shake them hard and let sit a few more days,,after about a week all the opiates will be in the liquid,

then i take a flat square glass pyrex dish and a tea strainer,,pouring the liquid out threw the screen into the dish below for the drying..... ;)

You can just set the dish on top of a warm tv cable box,,or just let it sit a few days to evaporate down to a sticky resin in the dish,,the trick is also,

to not totally dry it hard,,you can not scrape it up when to dry ok,,just leave it like a resiny sticky tacky goop!

Now i just take a tiny container with lid to store it in,,another good trick is to use a plier or vice grip to clamp a razor blade onto it for scraping up the opiate resin!

Works great,,smokes great,,feels great,,and much like weed in a way,,plus you will never get sick or addicted using opium folks... ;)

SO really teas suck compared to a smokable opiate resin...i LOVE the taste also as it reminds me of flowers and raisins hahaha,,,very nice buzz,

both uplifting and relaxing at same time friends.....you gotta try it if your able to grow poppies!!!!!

Hope that helps,

and thanks for the interest my good people....lets see your poppy gardens this season 2018,,,i just transplanted all mine today!

OP

Bro,here if they catch you with poppies are hard time jail...  tough i love to see how you enjoying growing different plants and i belive

all plants are given to humans to use them free and whithouth governmental control..

Once tried real opium and it was even worst than tea.. i think more intensive feeling,me and friends tryed to smoke it and it was somehow bland..

so we taked razor blade,cutted small stripes as it was look like brown hashish and then we cutted this small stripes in little chunks that we

snorted on nose..  after some short time we all layed on a floor,it was dream like state where you could not have open eyes constantly

and we didnt move much..  must addmit i didnt like effects,too much devastating and was feel  like i dont want to speak to others,

too much personal ego trip and like other people are not worthy to even talk with them...  LOL

thats why i was never in opiates,dont made me better or social person like weed or schrooms does..

Thanx for share @Oldproseeds

Guest Oldproseeds

YUP,,i hear you  @Dog Star it is a hard drug to control with most folks?...didn't mean to stir up bad memories man!

This opium however is not a cooked down concentrated type(a real opium) it is a low grade type!

Thats why i said never get sick an all,,but really the way i make it the stuff lasts more than decade long easy,

i only smoke it when i need a body rest....

i still LOVE LOVE the flavor of the flower like tasting and raisins mix opium i make,,so if you try this anybody do not worry!

if MAN just left the poppy alone and not try to concentrate it into a HARD DRUG folks would see the better side of poppies... ;)

What i do is mainly get the juices into the alcohol from whole poppies getting all the drugs present for a cool mild buzz i say.

Some folks can not take an opiate buzz as it may make them nauseated an shit,,,uncomfortable and edgy as it is what i call,

a wanna buzz like cocaine,,the type drug that will make you want more and more never getting enough again if strong concentrated.

Even coca leaf left alone will never get anybody addicted right,,it is what MAN does to make it an  evil drug with power to control......

SO,just doing my thang here,,and i only do this every 5 to 10 years making it last long!

Pain pills and heroin are the ones to stay away from using... ;)

Anyway i have 5 types of poppies i get off Amazon huh,,some came from china...

China Whites

Gigantium 

Himalayan Blue

Afghan Blue

Peruvian Blue

This is always a hard task here in the deep south,,but under the G house they may do better this year!

i am also trying to get my 2 types of mescaline cacti going again,,another drug that gives a good buzz from natural plants on earth..

never tried them yet,,but i love that drug happy happy long time buzz........... ;)

Op

Nice..i love drugs..lol..in moderation ofcource...i love all psychedelics I did try some opium once in San Francisco in 2000 when I was out there working...and Wow is was really nice..good times in cali..lol.

Hey all, this may be the place to ask this(very interesting thread!)....I haven’t done shrooms in 35 years or so...liked them then.

Fast forward to now....want to try micro-dosing as well as growing my own just like I do with cannabis and need advice on a mild strain to start out with. Syringes from one of the main and reputable mail order folks. 

Any advice and thanks in advance.

Archived