Bugs seed room

Bugman

Guest 3rdCoaster

Definitely an ant on the right.

Fungas gnats larva do have a dark dot of a face.  Its hard to tell from the angle of the photo if this one does.     One thing FG don't have is little antennas, and that critter has got little antennas sprouting from its head.   My money is on an early instar of thrips.  Those crawlers on the photo of the stake look the same as the one in the cup, to me at least.    Bring on the Dr. Deadbug I.e. Spinosad,  and give them plants some calcium.

Fingers crossed you can get it sorted quickly.  Nobody likes wasted time and effort.  

the darker one i think is an ant , but no eggs or ant lava was found , the white lava one  has legs all the way down  an antennas so im still thinking a centipede ,not seeing any flyers/jumper either

either way its soil bound, an i got 2 care packages one with Nematodes which i think ill use in my flower rooms an my mom veg room , an the other care package is AzaMax which ill use in my main veg room. at least i can start treatment now, i fill i can knock them down with out too much loss

thanks every one for all the input an help, i know ide never would have gotten  the input at the mag

• Like 1

My final conclusion is Thrips as previously mentioned.  I can't get past those antennae on the wormy thing.  Typically thrips

are a bit more pointed in the bottom end... but those antennae, yeah.. thrips.

I've been studying pix of insects that are harmful in our garden and even the root aphids are too plump compared to your pix

of what's infesting your soil. 

I don't think those are centipede babies centipedes eat other insects, spiders and some vertebrates.  Millipedes eat composting

matter (good for plants).  Your critters are not either of these.

Stop using bamboo stakes!!! 

I may not be experienced in growing weed but... I am kind of a bug geek 🙂

the only reasion i say centipede is up till about 2-3 weeks ago they were all over everything , now i cant fined not 1

but yea it kinda looks  like a thrip lava other than the shape  an alot more legs, but ha if i knew for sure i wouldent be asking yaw, no mate what they are im gona start treating to get rid of them.

• Nice Job 1
4 hours ago, Bugman said:

i got 2 care packages one with Nematodes which i think ill use in my flower rooms an my mom veg room , an the other care package is AzaMax which ill use in my main veg room. at least i can start treatment now, 

i watered the nematodes in the flower rooms an moms room , then used AzaMax in veg room.

ive culled anything that looked affaced so maybe this want be so bad

• Like 1

Got them here looks like in the ant family they start coming in b4 it gets cold wont hurt plants right now ( precaution) ant baits looks also maybe pincher bug same ant bait........peace.......

Boric acid

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bugman said:

i watered the nematodes in the flower rooms an moms room , then used AzaMax in veg room.

ive culled anything that looked affaced so maybe this want be so bad

Heck yeah.  Good luck.

9 hours ago, Tonygreen said:

Yo bug. Not a gnat to be found ha

A champion appears...

20190927_230816.jpg

That's one heck of a web there 😮  I leave spiders in my room too.  Currently they are quite small and don't get too large.

They sit in the corners and eat the gnats, dig it haha.  There is a nice little pile of dead gnat carcasses in two corners of

the room atm 🙂

As a new weed gardener, I had a pretty heavy hand when watering and also had issues with unwanted insects as a result.

I began lining the bottom of my pots with course perlite to help with drainage.  It works great too.  I discovered also

that I didn't have much of an insect issue and when I up potted I found that the perlite assisted in air pruning the roots.

I was short on the chunky perlite this round and didn't feel like running to the nursery so I just tossed in the soil and plants.

My garden has now blown up with fugging gnats.  I topped dressed my pots with diatomaceous earth but I notice that all

the flyers are now around the bottom of the pots.  I'll not skip the layer of perlite in the bottom of my pots ever again.

9 hours ago, Tonygreen said:

Yo bug. Not a gnat to be found ha

A champion appears...

20190927_230816.jpg

nature at work

yea i like to use naturan  preteor bugs to help get riid of unwanted bugs when i can, the spyders in my rooms do keep down some bugs

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OK back to my seed room.

as i mention a hand full of post back , i got PM [powder mold]  everything is still in veg  but looks liks dodo , my question is weather i scrap the seed run or try an treat an save it , i got pleany of seeds i can start again , or  maybe just fill up the room with clones  to speed up the grow???

Guest Mountain Wizard

I just got it a couple weeks ago myself, for the first time. Did a bunch of reading. Tried the baking soda/soap solution first and it seemed ineffective. Then tried the hydrogen peroxide ( they said 5 tbsp per 16 oz of 3%-9% h2o2) so I'm usually always on the max side of everything in life, I do 5 tbsp in 1 cup water of 3%. I have to say it has knocked bit down pretty good. I still had to trim off the leaves that were more spotted, as it seemed to be spreading it. Good luck bro.

Edit: I should say it has eliminated all of it except a few little spots starting here and there that this keeps from continuing. 

Edited by Mountain Wizard

yea i get pm this time of the year in that room, it just because i cant controll the envirement in there . ive ues h202, baking soda, citrics acid,they all work to some extent but the pm still come back , ive treated this room about 3-4 weeks ago an how it looks like dodo again[it want let me say sh -t lol]

• Like 1

get a sulphur burner and keep humidity below 40% are your best options if you want to keep the run.

Haven't had to deal with PM for many years but those measures were always applied when we grew indoors down on the wet coast.

• Like 1
  • Great Advice 1
Guest Mountain Wizard

I've got an interesting question. I have a sun tan lamp from years ago ( not cheap) that is basically total uvb and you get a whole days worth in 20 mins.  It's not a blue color, it's incredibly bright and white in color. I realize it's kind of unusual, but I  already have it so what do you think? It happened very early in flower so only a few leaves got affected and didn't seem to spread quickly or heavily, just want to get rid of it obviously.

Guest Morcheeba*

bugman,

ive never had pm but started a thread on a diff forum a bit ago asking about a product used in commercial applications to eradicate mold / mildew.  no one knew anything about it but its Pro-Kure https://www.prokuresolutions.com/cultivation/

here are suggestions by others in the thread.

Pro-Kure https://www.prokuresolutions.com/cultivation/

serenade...supposedly being used by some in the legal Cannabis industry

bonide wettable sulfer , .3 microns is best but .4-.5 works too. Also is being used for broad mite control.

high temps work. 100+ for 4 hours or more.
I did a high temp this round in my sealed room 95d for 3 days ... seems to work

Green Cleaner works great

here is a link to a blog by Medicinal Genmomics -- Is Powdery Mildew Systemic?

https://www.medicinalgenomics.com/powdery-mildew-systemic/

I have not tried any of these so i cant vouch for the effectiveness but i wanted to share this w/you in hopes something may be helpful.

Guest Mountain Wizard

Bugman, just saw this and Amazon reviews look great. Statement was from Hammerhead.

use GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide for plants. This is safe to use around pets and Bee's.

• Unique formulation made of a proprietary blend of organic food grade ingredients that effectively eliminate, protect & repel large variety of insects and diseases at all stages (adults, larvae&eggs). Natural emulsion with two mechanism of actions: Physical-Coating / Phyto- Chemical.
  • Product developed since 2008 and sold over 65,000 gallon over the world for home and garden and agriculture market
  • KILLS ON CONTACT- Spider mite killer. Control powdery mildew, Aphids, Mealybugs and Whitefly.
  • Better and safer than other oils for plants, pesticide, spinosad and insecticidal soap.Safe for BEES and many beneficial predators, pets and the environment.

i scraped the seed room an bough a sulfer buner it just came in today.

the only seed plants that DIDNOT show any sighn of PM  was Bugmans sour power x lime gorilla bubble an MKPN

100_6997.JPG

Edited by Bugman
  • Like 1

some pic of some fungi that r starting to pop up  an a turtle lol

between now an the next couple mounths ill be snaping pic of the diffrent fungi i see growing.

these pic were from the land i hunt on.

100_6987.JPG

100_6989.JPG

100_6990.JPG

100_6988.JPG

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1

@Bugman you not going burn that sulfer in your house right? Unless have a sealed room with exhust dont mean a closed room either sealed room is not a closed room. You cant just use a sulfer burning in an open closed area. Just giving heads up if wasnt aware it can kill ya whole house and would never know it happen. Be safe brutha.... ,👍👌

57 minutes ago, Twisted said:

@Bugman you not going burn that sulfer in your house right? Unless have a sealed room with exhust dont mean a closed room either sealed room is not a closed room. You cant just use a sulfer burning in an open closed area. Just giving heads up if wasnt aware it can kill ya whole house and would never know it happen. Be safe brutha.... ,👍👌

LMFAO all my grow rooms R outside except my closet grow & i can clean it with iso an water

• Like 1