Tynehead Tom

OTLB official testers thread

dawn patrol

Here are the remaining Bubba Royales, just like the P98 their slow growth will make you doubt your skills.

Bubba_Royale_1217.jpg

dawn patrol

And the Swordfish plants one by one. A couple of these have been chewed on by rats or grass hoppers.  Got rat poison all around and I haven't seen any grass hoppers for a couple months but who know what's causing the damage.

Planning on flipping these to flower in 2-4 weeks and may stagger to let the chewed plants catch up a little.

Swordfish_A_121517.jpg

Swordfish_B_121517.jpg

Swordfish_C_121517.jpg

Swordfish_D_121517.jpg

Swordfish_E_121517.jpg

Swordfish_F_121517.jpg

Tynehead Tom

How's things everyone? 

Been a bit busy over here but getting ready for my annual seed pop on Christmas day. Not gonna throw many down as I've got near a full room right now but I have to get some Bubba Royal and Shiskabah going asap to start the next round of selection.

Hope everyone is doing well as we slide into the holiday season. I got news that there is a 5 inches of good ice on my favorite lake and the fish be bitin hard..... I know what I'm doing on Boxing Day :rasta.nana::reindeer-antlers:

105 - Copy.JPG

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Nice Job 1

dawn patrol

I adjusted the feed on the Bubbas and they made some nice progress, the Swordfish have too.  I have so many strains going right now I have to find time to sit down and figure out a flowering schedule so I don't take things too far into April if I can help it.

Bugman
22 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

How's things everyone? 

Been a bit busy over here but getting ready for my annual seed pop on Christmas day. Not gonna throw many down as I've got near a full room right now but I have to get some Bubba Royal and Shiskabah going asap to start the next round of selection.

Hope everyone is doing well as we slide into the holiday season. I got news that there is a 5 inches of good ice on my favorite lake and the fish be bitin hard..... I know what I'm doing on Boxing Day :rasta.nana::reindeer-antlers:

105 - Copy.JPG

ive always wanted to go ice fishing, we dont get much ice down here,  + yaw got  some diffrent kinds of fish to fish for up there.

Edited by Bugman

gorilla ganja

Sorry with the delay on pics @Tynehead Tom My buddy has rebuild his grow room and they were kept a little long in solo cups.But they were transplanted this last weekend into 5 gallon hempy pails and should take off now.

I'll try and get pics this weekend or next week after Christmas. Good luck with the fishing.

@dawn patrol How did you adjust the feed on the Bubba royale? Up or down? Also how do you think they handled the topping, are they responding as hoped?

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom
2 hours ago, Bugman said:

ive always wanted to go ice fishing, we dont get much ice down here,  + yaw got  some diffrent kinds of fish to fish for up there.

ice fishin is a hoot man ..... well when the fish are bitin anyways haha. 

I go after Kokanee and burbot mostly .... freshwater salmon and burbot is a lot like Ling cod but i think unrelated.

dawn patrol
6 hours ago, gorilla ganja said:

How did you adjust the feed on the Bubba royale? Up or down? Also how do you think they handled the topping, are they responding as hoped?

Peace GG

@gorilla ganja  I'm using jacks classic 20-20-20 in veg and upped the food to 3 tablespoons in 5 gallons - still well under the recommended 1 Tbsp/gal for out door plants.

Topping the Bubbas is the way to go I think, they appear to do nicely when topped and I think they could be easily trained if needed.

One advantage of moving to jacks from organic soil is that I may get some significant growth in the next month.  Normally mid Dec to mid Jan I see little growth due to clouds and the short light cycle, but a little more food and these plants showed some nice new growth.

boyd crowder

hey tom - didnt forget about you 

heres my update

7/7 BubbaRoyales are going strong - these were dunked full moon 12/3

5/6 swordfish popped and are going strong 

despite my switching to coco and forgetting to check ph before watering

theseuns will be ready for a new pot im thinking latest mid next week

P1100778.JPG

Sometimes, you just get lucky

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

Usstoner

Here's some bad picks...lol..i went ahead and started flowering them a couple days ago...hopefully they'll show there sex here soon..ill take the females and put them in bigger pots...if I get any haha...there all pretty tall..the sword fish have a real good sweet stem rub..the bubba royales smell strong..its weird they smell like a stinkbug..but I've had weed before with that smell before and they always ended up smelling really good...

Bubba royales 

20171221_174917.thumb.jpg.90a4707fcbd0480f4ee3209b542350d4.jpg20171221_174946.thumb.jpg.d5e0ebbad067366b5c792f7f6223ec46.jpg20171221_174951.thumb.jpg.f48ae2198d0ad3048c75395a72a11bc3.jpg20171221_175000.thumb.jpg.5862abcecd5ebd95da75bcaa289b5e8c.jpg

20171221_175028.jpg

Slick rick

Looking good bro will be hanging out as I have a half pack  of the swordfish still to run lost a few outside this year most were short

Edited by Slick rick

Tynehead Tom
1 hour ago, Slick rick said:

Looking good bro will be hanging out as I have a half pack  of the swordfish still to run lost a few outside this year most were short

You've got Swordfish F1 from the first round i sent out and same ones listed at GLG. These fellas are running the F2's..... and yours will get to you some time after the new year..... I haven't forgotten you hehehe

Tynehead Tom
2 hours ago, Usstoner said:

Here's some bad picks...lol..i went ahead and started flowering them a couple days ago...hopefully they'll show there sex here soon..ill take the females and put them in bigger pots...if I get any haha...there all pretty tall..the sword fish have a real good sweet stem rub..the bubba royales smell strong..its weird they smell like a stinkbug..but I've had weed before with that smell before and they always ended up smelling really good...

Bubba royales 

20171221_174917.thumb.jpg.90a4707fcbd0480f4ee3209b542350d4.jpg20171221_174946.thumb.jpg.d5e0ebbad067366b5c792f7f6223ec46.jpg20171221_174951.thumb.jpg.f48ae2198d0ad3048c75395a72a11bc3.jpg20171221_175000.thumb.jpg.5862abcecd5ebd95da75bcaa289b5e8c.jpg

20171221_175028.jpg

My keeper female reeks of fresh molded tire rubber, something burnt, something roadkilled and a OG sweetness along with it. She's very complex on the odor side and the male had real strong stanky lavenderish stem rubs. Should a neat cross with the pre 98 bubba S1 , can't wait to see what becomes of these ;)

2 hours ago, Usstoner said:

Here's the swordfish...

20171221_174433.thumb.jpg.2f4ebd1f9155a539c818e283541465b6.jpg

For an F2 they sure look very similar to each other, hoping the Black Tuna remains strong in these. Either way I think you are in for a real treat ;)

shaggy

This grow is just getting going but has my interest already.

The swordfish looks like a exceptional plant, I love the story behind it.

Bubba royal, sound like a winner and those huge leaves are impressive.

I will be watching these I think when the flower cycle begins the show is gonna get real good. :popcorn:

Nice work @Tynehead Tom

Looks like the folks testing the new F2's are doing a bang up job too.

Good thread.

Thanks for sharing.

:5899aa396ca33_weedteddy: Shag

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

shaggy

gorilla ganja

Well as promised some pics of Bubba Royale testers. They are a little hurting, I don't think my buddy pre-charged the cocco enough and looks like the right balance has not been found yet. We adjusted the feeding and they should be good to go in a few days.

They were kept for way to long under CFL's as the grow room was rebuilt so they are short but have a lot of nodes and once he works out the feed and begins training they will bush out nicely.

Sorry for crappy pics. A few random plants.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season and may the new year bring health ,happiness and huge buds to everyone's garden.

Peace GG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

Tynehead Tom

They look okay man, those will bounce back real nice ;)

1,3 and 4 I can see the dad's leaves for sure.

Thanx for the updates folks, much appreciated and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!!!!

Popping my Bubba Royales and Swordfish F2 tomorrow for the annual christmas seed pop. Need to get some new antenna gear going as well :beavisnbutthead:

:reindeer-antlers::582bb023f3941_Santabell::582bb02044f14_cuttingtrukey::beer::5899aa396ca33_weedteddy:

gorilla ganja

@Tynehead Tom   The leaves are probably not the best representation of the cross because of the nutrient problems and low light they started under. They are under sized  and color is off. Just curious what you see that makes you think they are leaning to either parent?  I've never seen either strain grown so any traits to look for to help with selection would be great. 

cheers GG

Usstoner
On 12/21/2017 at 8:50 PM, Tynehead Tom said:

My keeper female reeks of fresh molded tire rubber, something burnt, something roadkilled and a OG sweetness along with it. She's very complex on the odor side and the male had real strong stanky lavenderish stem rubs. Should a neat cross with the pre 98 bubba S1 , can't wait to see what becomes of these ;)

For an F2 they sure look very similar to each other, hoping the Black Tuna remains strong in these. Either way I think you are in for a real treat ;)

Yea they look pretty similar..they look better in person..lol...and they smell really good...

Tynehead Tom

The indicators are the general leaf appearance and length of center blade. Also the LVRK seedlings I've grown all seem to go thru a phase where they go pale like they aren't getting enuff nitrogen. To be honest, it took me 3 seed pops to get a handle on the LVRK in my grow method. 

gorilla ganja

Some pics of some Bonsai Bubba Royale testers. Didn't have room to transplant all testers so some were left behind in solo cups till we could sex the others and make room in the grow room.

kept back the tallest with the least amount of side growth thinking these were probably male. Well 2 turned out to be female. They had nutrient problems they worked through and were kept in the cups for  7 weeks. Root bound  they are, in fact if you look close in one of the pics you can see the roots growing out and air pruning on the top of the cocco/peat blend. They were also kept under low light just T5's.

They were trained on their sides for last week or so to help with the branches. They may not be tall, the first only about 8 Inches/ 20 cm but it has 7 nodes or 14 branches ready to take off. The second , It's hard to tell from pics has 10 side branches and is only 6 inches/ 15cm  tall. The fans were all taken off  before the pics and both have been topped.

Needless to say they have been tested for stress and will be watched closely after transplant for any intersex issues. Will update with pics to see how they respond after a week or so.

Peace GG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

Tynehead Tom

excellent ;) a proper torture test is great man. Let's hope they stay stable but no matter what you guys find, let me know. The mum was a verdant green bubba kush s1 and she is a real nice plant and no intersex traits observed by me or the guy holding the cut for me.