Tynehead Tom

OTLB official testers thread

Tynehead Tom

Figured I'd start this thread as the official thread to post your grows and comments on the OTLB Seed Collective testers. Please post your pics and comments/reports here. I will not use or copy anyone's pics without explicit permision and adequate compensation (free beans ;) )

I will also use this thread to call for testers when required. So how about now?? :rasta.nana:

Up for immediate testing :

Bubba Royale = Verdant Green pre 98 bubba kush S1 x Aficionado/BakedBeanz Long Valley Royal Kush F10 male

Swordfish F2 = Clone only Black Tuna x Shiskaberry 3 male produced Swordfish(availlable at GLG) and this rendition is the F2 following the traits of Black Tuna for selection.

everyone who does a grow n show tester thread for one or both of these varieties will receive a nice gift at the end of thier grow, which will remain a surprise but will be oh so worth it I promise :D

so that it's, show em if ya got em, I'll post my pics in my various threads but leave this one for test growers. 

If you want to be a tester, shoot me a private message.... deadline is Oct 15 for this round of tester beans.

***for those I've already talked to that are expecting something, I gonna be hitting the postal orifice tomorrow I promise hehehe

:monkey-with-glasses-smoking-smiley-emoticon:

Edited by Tynehead Tom

dawn patrol

Tom was kind enough to send me some testers so here goes.  First off, I gotta say these were some beautiful seeds.  The Swordfish beans had nice striations to them and the BR seeds were uniformly unstriped and light brown.  But all seeds were plump and looked awesome - I've received much crappier looking seeds that I've paid for in the past.

All seeds easily passed the pinch test so I scuffed them, sterilized them and sent them for a swim.  36 hours later 15 of 16 had popped and were showing healthy tails so into the cups they went and now we wait.  once I have a head count I'll post up a pic or two.

Tynehead Tom

Got news today that the in country testers are starting to arrive at thier destinations. Should be a few more days yet for anyone south of the 49 to get thiers.

keep me posted :D

Ganja Ken

mine get new shoes tomorrow... just the two still 😎 but they're going.

Tynehead Tom

right on man!!

looks like strong germination too, awesome :rasta.nana:

dawn patrol

Bubba Royale and Swordfish younguns right before transplant.  Daytime highs are 82-83 right now, shit's about to blow up!

DSC_3161.JPG

Ilynnboy

This is gonna blow up.

cant wait to see them grow and develop.

I hope you get the info your looking for @Tynehead Tom.

Should be a good showing.

You’ll have a few to look through.

Tynehead Tom

right on, looking good guys. I really appreciate how fast you guys are getting those going ;)

gorilla ganja

Got the  Bubba Royale testers over to my bud's. 80% are popping above soil today. So day 1 for me.  Really stubborn helmets on a few, I think we got them off with no damage.

Best of luck to all the testers. Bound to be some gems in these.

Peace GG

Edited by gorilla ganja

dawn patrol

So Tom - to top these or let them be?????  Any difference between the Bubba and Swordfish?

I've grown some stains that were apical dominant and did not react well to topping, but thats a dangerous strategy down here.  Would love to hear your thoughts, need to make a move soon one way or the other.

Tynehead Tom

The Swordfish I would run untopped myself but the Bubba Royale might benefit from creating some tops. I usually run my seed hunts untopped to watch for certain traits but hard to say. Swordfish should produce solid yields without the need for topping , I'm pretty confident about that. 

dawn patrol

my P98 Bubba cut does just fine with being topped, but I didn't know what the LVRK would do to the cross.  

The ACE PCK I've played with was much more impressive without topping , but down here you can lose the entire spear if things go sideways so topping and creating multiple heads usually works best if the genetics are willing.  Really appreciate your input.

Tynehead Tom

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Swordfish. I sent you guys the F2's so it's going to be a mystery ;) I am hoping that there is a tight pheno spread and that the gene pool doesn't open right up in these beans..... but ya never know. Swordfish , as an F1, seems to be a very stable cross thoughout the plants that I grew and saw a few others grow. Subtle differences and a generally similar structure/vigor. The smells and flavor profiles similar as well with a few standouts and a few real colorful ones. I dunno what to expect ..... you guys will have to let me know :D

boyd crowder

MY package came in a couple weeks ago, but i was able to go pick them up today Tom

I Have ...

Up for immediate testing :

Bubba Royale = Verdant Green pre 98 bubba kush S1 x Aficionado/BakedBeanz Long Valley Royal Kush F10 male

Swordfish F2 = Clone only Black Tuna x Shiskaberry 3 male produced Swordfish(availlable at GLG) and this rendition is the F2 following the traits of Black Tuna for selection.

Cant Wait to test em out, think ima pop abut 5 each next week once i pull down these bikers

Ill do some sexing and run out some from seed first early next year , so theyll be ready when this next run comes down 

Thank You for the Blessings @Tynehead Tom

looks like we all gone have some fun with these this winter!

Sometimes, you just get lucky

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

Tynehead Tom

Right on @boyd crowder , I think that covers everyone ?

if I missed anyone..... now's the time to let me know hehehe

I'm gonna be running some testers I comitted to of some Karma gear, some ninefold and bodhi and also some chunky's bagseeds I have been wanting to get too. So right about christmas time I'll be popping all y personal OTLB gear to join in with you guys in the testing.

Plan is to pop LMZ, Shiskabah, Swordfish F2 and Bubba Royale on Christmas day annual seed pop and get on working those lines. 

I'll be lurking the other sites too so as mentioned before, don't be afraid to post the test grows else where too if you have time ;)

I should also mention that the original Swordfish F1 beans are still availlable at GLG and all proceeds go to support z-labs server fund..

Usstoner

Well mine are doing good...i got one runt of the bubba..ill let him go a few more days see how he does...the swordfish look like there gonna be thick there standing tall...

Swordfish

20171113_164319.thumb.jpg.f9ede6b9ddacdff4813014f43c2b1e1c.jpg

Bubba royale

20171113_164326.thumb.jpg.c58092af3c9f9095b1afa5d4731e9ff6.jpg

Usstoner

I got mine uppotted to one gallon pots and put under a 400wmh...there doing good...i did lose one bubba to being a runt...pics coming soon.

Usstoner

I figured is throw some pics up..im happy so far there growing good...had a pretty good rootball.on them when I transplanted...theres one more bubba I missed it...lol.

Bubba royal.

20171121_164406.thumb.jpg.0d1b9c303d0e7504c97a3ce7b2245832.jpg

Swordfish..

20171121_164516.thumb.jpg.938faf8c6bc32d19f729666515f0ba19.jpg

Edited by Usstoner

dawn patrol

Topped the Bubba's, will up pot them next week.  Swordfish got up potted already and I culled an early male.  Gonna be a busy winter for me.

Bubba Royale topped.jpg

Swordfish_xplant.jpg

Garden_fall_2017.jpg

gorilla ganja

Looks like everyone's are off to a good start. I had 83% of the seeds  break soil with the Bubba Royale. :D

A few runts that I will keep an eye on. Overall they look great and I will post up pics when they get going.

@dawn patrol it looks like yours are in a green house. Will be interesting to watch the difference between indoor and sun power. You said you found a male already? How old are they?  Aprox. how many hrs of daylight are you getting?

peace GG

dawn patrol

@gorilla ganja no brother, they are just out side, no greenhouse.  They are getting direct sun from about 9-3 everyday, sunrise today was at 7 and sunset at 5:30.  The stuff in veg gets supplemental lighting all night to keep it in veg.

Daylight hours will shorten up a bit in the next month, but down here we get lots of nice sunny days in the high 70's and low 80's in the winter.  Plant growth slows in late Dec and January but cranks back up in February and I can flower until May, although I prefer to quit in April.