Afghani Bullrider

Coastal

Not sure this is the right spot for this.. but this is the "Mythical" cut for me.lol never even tried it... but everyone I know that tried it says I should too!... problem is is that no one has it.. seems 3-4 people made crosses but they all sold out and where never re made... 

anyone with cuts ,seeds, pictures,smoke reports or tall stories is welcome to share!

thanks

was it a BC cut @Coastal ?

I'll ask the old boys and see if it leads anywhere. I heard rumour in recent weeks that some dude in rupert is holding the lizard HP still so my buddy is trying to hook that up. I'll ask about the afghani bullrider.

Interior clone houses got fucked over big time this summer with all the fires and mass power shut downs in the outlying regions affected. Hopefully "many" clone only's are rediscovered as everyone is busy networking to get the BC interior weed communities growing again.

Was brought to and held in BC (Maple Ridge) by Michelle Rainey , she passed, but it was her second partner Jeff Tek that made it popular here.he's been tight with the cut but has given it out a bit back in the day.

story is real bull rider is from Cali, and afghani bull rider is a cross... 

been told old it is some of the best though by people I trust.

been on the hunt for that lizard for so long I've almost given up, but at least I smoked a bunch of those ones!

thanks for looking for me though! 

It's are held tight I knw ex had it an made bullfighter I will ask my circle an c I had it about 8 years ago wish I would of held on to it myself she did great outside and finish by end sept 

Yeah that bullfighter looked amazing! Seems like exotic ,red eye,and canna venture  did crosses around the same time.. ocean grown made wizards potion too with the original bull rider it seems.. but all are now discontinued and I don't see as many cuts going around. Figured I should ask now or shut the fuc up , lol.

• 10 months later...
Guest OG1969
On 9/25/2017 at 11:17 AM, Coastal said:

seems 3-4 people made crosses but they all sold out and where never re made... 

Redeyed genetics used it a cross call Bodacioius, believe I have a pack. Peace OG

Hell yeah man! Impeccable timing as I have received a cut off a S1 seed of some original bull rider plants a local trimmer brought back from a fall shift in Cali... was going to do a king John kush line male to her but if you do have those I would love to do a bx!

got anything your looking for? Got some decent trade bait..

Guest OG1969
40 minutes ago, Coastal said:

Hell yeah man! Impeccable timing as I have received a cut off a S1 seed of some original bull rider plants a local trimmer brought back from a fall shift in Cali... was going to do a king John kush line male to her but if you do have those I would love to do a bx!

got anything your looking for? Got some decent trade bait..

Let me pull the pack and I will shoot you a pm brother.

OG

Guest OG1969
On 9/25/2017 at 11:17 AM, Coastal said:

seems 3-4 people made crosses but they all sold out and where never re made... 

Redeyed genetics used it a cross call Bodacioius, believe I have a pack. Peace OG

DSCN1591_1024x768.JPG

Sweet my sorry for the bad bad humor sometimes I write the first thing that pops into my head!I really was hoping to score this cut again one day it did great outside here

• 3 months later...

image.thumb.jpg.2741bc6375bd500004202372c67212b0.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.e244cb01332bb09af914918923a3ef3a.jpgFound the clone I think, going to run it asflower and make sure, then start to do the Bx( also found some seeds). The leaves on the S1 look fatter and aren’t as long fingered but the serrations are close .. hard to say.. so I will be doing a Bx pretty quick if either cut or these seeds seem legit.

will keep you guys updated as I go here.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m sure you are well on your way with The Bull Rider @Coastal and hopefully all set. Just a heads up if you have any interest in Wizard’s Potion by Ocean Grown for a potential bx? I have some buddies that are way into the Ocean Grown beans, basically their preferred breeders. They gave me a really nice Wizard’s Potion male last Summer that unfortunately got mauled by a Rat. He was most certainly a stinky lil’ bastard with great potential IMO. I can always inquire as they seem to have a decent stash of the Ocean Grown gear regardless of current listings. This cross has kind of it’s own thing going on, definitely a l👀ker though. 

EF266C68-954A-48FB-8094-520D3BE7599F.jpeg

@Kingfish I just popped those stanky dank beans about 2 weeks ago... would definitely be into having a second option though!

if you could inquire and get back to me I would be super stoked! 

• 1 month later...

Sorry it’s been so long @Coastal, no luck yet finding the Wizard’s Potion seeds. They have Ocean Grown seeds and cuts, but nothing with Bullrider. I even checked Lumberjack Seeds that carry Ocean Grown and they’re out as well. I’ll keep inquiring with my peeps and see if anything turns up. 

I think the aff bullrider cut I got was fake.. it’s a really fast narrow leaf that gets big bud and reeks of pine... getting a bit more complex now at day 45.. but not real bullrider imo... we will see .. 

the S1 smelled really crazy, I put one at a friends shop so I’m going to flower a few of those with the seeds I have... 

thanks for the effort @Kingfish, hopefully I can get something good here made!

Yeah I’m still going to use the cut for something, don’t worry.. it looks really cool the way the bugs are finishing.. kinda ropey like haze x’s or something 

• 11 months later...
Guest Stoned Cold Bulldog

i was after the original bullrider and then thought i would have to settle for the affie cross. i recall HT/some pot mag article showing it grown outside in cali years ago.

as i started to think about them last year and did some snooping i decided i'll just stop my hunt. it was a reason folks moved on from growing her even though it was a strain many seemed to love. i only recall tidbits of info now as my encyclopedic hard drive = brain no longer functions like it used to or even close. 

at RIU hyroot Well-Known Member SAID MARCH /2016

I grew afghani bull rider years ago.There's so many strains that are far superior. It's just a small yielder. It's lanky. With small indica buds. Tastes kind of astringent like. Almost pine sol -ish. It's pretty frosty though.

These are from 6 years ago. I no longer have the strain.

So, if legit you can at least judge the looks to a certain degree. hell i still didn't find the original info i saw on it but it had something to do with grow difficulty/sensitivities and low/low yield. 

NOTE : apparently i made a mistake the low yielder was the  original bullrider

WEED AFGANII BULLRIDER via RIU 2.jpg

WEED AFGHANI BULLRIDER via RIU 1.jpg

I ended up getting 2 cuts of "bullrider" that are similar... I believe these are the cuts Jeff Tek sent out to the community... very frosty, long hairs, piney hash smell and nice hybrid high..

But the cut he held tight is much broader leaved and more on the berry hash spectrum and gets huge top flowers!

I bred the one cut I had too males from seeds of bullrider x (sour best shit ever x 78 affie) from stanky dank genetics.. going to cross those to the other cut I have and Bx to the one I used, but I'm not sure how it will come out as the SBSE seemed really dominant in those seeds.

I have a lead on the bull rider from a friend in Colorado The cut I had finished fast you could pick it in 6 weeks if need an made huge buds an basically grew inside so hopefully I can find it again

Archived