My indoor grows here!

Guest Oldproseeds

Guest Oldproseeds

Hello folks!

Just wanted to have a spot for the indoor growing i do here,

you can make your own threads if growing my strains if you please!

Will be using these new little LED's made for home lighting,,no joke friends haha,,really they work great on all testings i have done.....

The LED's have come a very long way in power and depth penetrations into canopies friends,,they have become strong lighting!!!

Although these type i have here are only from 14 to 17 watts each bulb,,using multiple bulbs on a rack gives you good power to grow,

with way less heat into canopy,,way less wattage than the older HPS or MH bulbs,,these can do a great job matching those bulbs in product and growth rates!

The reason i got these were for babies,,and that worked very well for them as said,,no heat to canopy below helps vastly in growing any plants indoors right... ;)

WELL,,not only do they grow babies very comfy under them,,the flowers came out great in my testings also,,so instead of using them older CFL bulbs on my rack,

i set up these new LED's that are half the wattage each bulb and do a better job!!!

CFL's were the 23 WATT type,,these are 14 to 17 watts ok,,much less,,a better built bulb and they will last a very very long time.............................................................................................. 15 years!

So,,i wanted to show how plants do as i am satisfied with the results using little power,,my rack i built to hold these bulbs only uses 210 watts folks,,can have 8 big plants,,or 15 smaller ones under them.

This grow has 7 big plants under them,,and they have set bud now so the stretch is over,,another thing thats good about these bulbs,,very little stretching into flowering helps set up bud sites perfectly!!!!!

indoor 17.1.JPG

indoor 17.2.JPG

indoor 17.3.JPG

indoor 17.4.JPG

indoor 17.5.JPG

indoor 17.6.JPG

indoor 17.7.JPG

indoor 17.8.JPG

STRAINS ARE:,,Left to right,,Limonana Skunk 1 on each side,,,White Kush 3 in front,,,,ECSD 1 in back,,CHERRY also 1 in back!!!

CLOSE UPS SOON......

;)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Oldproseeds

More info on this grow.... ;)

That RACK is an old antenna folks,,it bends in the middle for nice adjustments and i hang the fixtures on the rails.....

SIMPLE as pie,,but a point i want to make is needed for best results,,if making a frame work to hold bulbs as i have here,

always make sure to have plenty ventilation threw the frames no big flat piece of plywood or such,,unless you take a hole saw to it?

aluminum or plastic is nice and light,,i have others made of plastic that are just as light and no top to hold heat,,all opened up in other words!

My other is made of those milk cart holders not the box,,but a flat square shelf type piece that is easy to tie up the fixtures like this one above..

Will show them next,,but hoping you get the idea NO TOP,,just a frame work!

On these type home style lighting bulbs,,they are the COB LED ok,,just have a covering over the part that lights,,i may take them off 1 day to test that!!!

AS IS with covers left on these bulbs only put out 1500 to 1600 lumens each,,you can grab right onto them with your hands and feel no heat at all....... ;)

The part that lights up does not have any heat witch is GREAT on plants folks,,the part right behind it made like a cone shape heats up a bit,,but the way i hang them,

on a rack with plenty top ventilation above lets these things perform like a champion grow bulb!!!

(easily bought at Home Depot/Lowes,,even grocery stores,,but make sure to get only the 100 watt light equivalent,,with usage of 14 to 17 watts power)

Combining many bulbs on such a rack,,multiplies the lumens,,and placed just right apart from each other makes a massive light field you can work under nicely friends.

The depth of a set up like this penetrating down into canopy,,is only a foot and half so a scrogged plant works best with 8 bigger plants to get full use of the light power!

You may have seen my bud in the outdoor growing section on the main forums page that i did using these bulbs,,but if not i will show it here again...

All plants are in a 3 gallon pot,, composted soil...OP

:)

SPEED QUEEN done under LED!!!

sq dry led.JPG

Guest Oldproseeds

Got a few likes good!!

Better than a few hates hahaha,,,oh how kind the net canna communities are these days?

FUCK IT,,most big growers are on IG these fine days huh...,,got tuns of good friends on that site,,, ;)

i added 2 more bulbs to the rack helping the far sides were the Limonana Skunks sit!

Room stays cool at 74 degrees and 60% humidity witch is very cool here in summer,

Thanks for the thanx folks,,be back in a bit....they are budding really good= :)

Probably a 250 watt rack now,,looking better than a 400 HPS to me!

My personal grows will get really dank friends,,lots different than my,

commercial days outdoors paying more attention indoors an all....

Hoping this site picks up a notch,,bit slow?

OP

Can you tell me more about the led bulbs? I thought that they had to be a certain Kelvin for veg and flower. Did you do these from seed using those lights?

i really like it, low heat, no fans needed etc.

Guest Oldproseeds
17 hours ago, herbert said:

Can you tell me more about the led bulbs? I thought that they had to be a certain Kelvin for veg and flower. Did you do these from seed using those lights?

i really like it, low heat, no fans needed etc.

Hey my man Herby!

can help you out here,,for sure brother,,well the kelvin stuff is not needed really...

On the bulbs packages they will have the LUMENS count,,you do not even want to go below 1500 lumens on any bulbs ok!

These are 1500-1600,,another thing when getting this type is NOT to get the "Reveal bulbs" as they will have a 500 lumens loss,,made for natural light settings in homes?

Thats why you must pay attention to those lumens when buying these types,,what i can tell you about lights is,,light rays are the more important thing to think about...

The bulbs can go from the one side of spectrum-RED then Orange,,Yellow,,Green,,Blue  and lastly ultra violet!!

Even with these small bulbs what matters is the range from the plants,,and how much penetrations down into the canopy they can go making nice buds...

i like these because you can have the buds right under a few inches away up to 1 and half foot will grow buds fine!!

What makes plants flower is cutting the light hours in half or so...they will flower under any kelvin power or light ray,

but knowing the strength of your bulbs is another thing you need to know because some will burn plants that close easy.

Some LED's are kept way far up from the plants as they will Bleach the tips white,,,this is called"Your bleaching point"

my bulbs are not strong enough to bleach unless i took those covers off maybe?

SO,the plants stay very nice and comfy under them!

LED bulbs are the new way to go in my opinion,,half the wattages and way less heat matters as said,,,those MH,,or HPS are way out of date now....

i have 2 of the 1000's and 2 of the 600 HPS lighting rigs i will never use again,,,an unbelievable BIG difference in  those old bulbs stressing plants out.

Oh,,i added up the new wattage on my rack an it is now only 242 watts only,,have the 7 bigger plants under it that were older moms...

BUT,,them bulbs will grow plants that big anyhow no problems at all,,,anything from seedlings to buds they are great in my opinion!!!

Here are more pics to show,,oh and i do have 1 small fan on the floor,,just to keep the room at 74 steady,,really the way my racks are set up,

they have a natural UP draft so the fan is not needed as herb said!

@herbert

indoor 17.9.JPG

indoor 17.10.JPG

indoor 17.11.JPG

indoor 17.12.JPG

indoor 17.13.JPG

indoor 17.14.JPG

indoor 17.15.JPG

indoor 17.16.JPG

Guest Oldproseeds

LITTLE TIP HERE FOR YOU ALL,

SEE THAT PLANT WITH THE CURLING LEAF....THAT IS CALLED"LOW LIGHT LEAF CURLING"

NOT FROM OVER FERTILIZING....som'm you've probably never heard of as it is my saying!

What can help this problem is good reflections all around the plants,,i have NO reflections in that front row thats why they curled..

When it happens you can not get that curling out any way,,what actually happens is that the leaves fall a sleep folks....causing a wilt.

Not a problem really  at all either,,you may see this on the back side of your plants in grows,,maybe not!

Just wanted to show you something new,,been at this shit 4 decades so i do know some things hahaha... ;)

DO  you see in that last pic,,the buds far down from the light bulbs,,those buds are 1 and a half foot away,

That is the maximum depth buds will grow correctly using these small bulbs......Now,,they ONLY MAKE this type in the 5 watt to 17 watt range consumption ok,

anything higher in wattage will be a flood type bulb of these LED's,,so to get the same bulbs try to get the 14 watt to 17 watt ones only!

I'm guessing i will get about 7 OZ's dry on this grow,,maybe a bit more!

OP

Nice! So did you go out and buy a bunch of sockets and lamp cord and wire them all parallel ? I could wire a bunch together and insulate connections with shrink tubing. The antenna worked out nice. 

What do you think of placing some bulbs under the canopy? Would that help or hurt? I am very interested in led and can't wait to see the fruits of your work.

On 9/22/2017 at 1:25 PM, Oldproseeds said:

More info on this grow.... ;)

That RACK is an old antenna folks,,it bends in the middle for nice adjustments and i hang the fixtures on the rails.....

SIMPLE as pie,,but a point i want to make is needed for best results,,if making a frame work to hold bulbs as i have here,

always make sure to have plenty ventilation threw the frames no big flat piece of plywood or such,,unless you take a hole saw to it?

aluminum or plastic is nice and light,,i have others made of plastic that are just as light and no top to hold heat,,all opened up in other words!

My other is made of those milk cart holders not the box,,but a flat square shelf type piece that is easy to tie up the fixtures like this one above..

Will show them next,,but hoping you get the idea NO TOP,,just a frame work!

On these type home style lighting bulbs,,they are the COB LED ok,,just have a covering over the part that lights,,i may take them off 1 day to test that!!!

AS IS with covers left on these bulbs only put out 1500 to 1600 lumens each,,you can grab right onto them with your hands and feel no heat at all....... ;)

The part that lights up does not have any heat witch is GREAT on plants folks,,the part right behind it made like a cone shape heats up a bit,,but the way i hang them,

on a rack with plenty top ventilation above lets these things perform like a champion grow bulb!!!

(easily bought at Home Depot/Lowes,,even grocery stores,,but make sure to get only the 100 watt light equivalent,,with usage of 14 to 17 watts power)

Combining many bulbs on such a rack,,multiplies the lumens,,and placed just right apart from each other makes a massive light field you can work under nicely friends.

The depth of a set up like this penetrating down into canopy,,is only a foot and half so a scrogged plant works best with 8 bigger plants to get full use of the light power!

You may have seen my bud in the outdoor growing section on the main forums page that i did using these bulbs,,but if not i will show it here again...

All plants are in a 3 gallon pot,, composted soil...OP

SPEED QUEEN done under LED!!!

sq dry led.JPG

That is a nice frosty bud, I have been looking into led because I don't want to get into all the fans and cooling etc. I had been eyeballing California light works hardware but looks like you are getting the same results for a fraction of the price.thanks for posting this . 

Guest Oldproseeds
1 minute ago, herbert said:

Nice! So did you go out and buy a bunch of sockets and lamp cord and wire them all parallel ? I could wire a bunch together and insulate connections with shrink tubing. The antenna worked out nice. 

What do you think of placing some bulbs under the canopy? Would that help or hurt? I am very interested in led and can't wait to see the fruits of your work.

YES HERB,,,just some tap over those parallel connections is fine my man...and bulbs under canopy may work a bit for those bottoms,,as long as the bulbs are above the buds!

That will add heat into canopy though so not needed really,,maybe a few around the corners?

The thing i liked about these was they are easy to pick up!

Even 5 finger discounts.... ;)

DO NOT get any bulbs below the 14 watt ones though,,they have a good 1500 lumens each and are a bit brighter than the 17watt ones,,all 14's is good!

GLAD you LIKED my rack brother,,,shit is on point man,,i hate those old HPS just for the HEAT....

Resins are starting as the buds swell up,,the key is to keep the rooms cool in flowering to get good frost!!!

COLD nights do that great,,but here we hardly ever see that shit huh?

OP

Guest Oldproseeds

Here is a few of the racks i have,,and making friends!

WHAT THE HECK,,i know i could have ordered true grow led lights right... ;)

just that i had them and liked what they do,,so i easily picked up more while shopping at walmart,,Lowes,,Home Depot,,Food stores!!!

They all carry these home type led bulbs up to the 100 watt light equivalent/17 watt consumption types,,HECK the 5 watt ones KICK ASS BRIGHT!

BUT,,as said before don't go under the 14 watt consumption bulbs for enough energy to grow really good...

LOOKY HERE at some shittier racks i did,,using other sockets!

LAST pics show the ones i like better than the ceramic sockets ok,,,just tie them on to any rack set up..

HOPE this HELPS,,some new growers get thing going!

OP

led racks.1.JPG

led racks.2.JPG

led racks.3.JPG

led racks.4.JPG

led racks.5.JPG

led racks.6.JPG

led racks.7.JPG

Guest Oldproseeds
28 minutes ago, herbert said:

That is a nice frosty bud, I have been looking into led because I don't want to get into all the fans and cooling etc. I had been eyeballing California light works hardware but looks like you are getting the same results for a fraction of the price.thanks for posting this . 

EXACTLY MY MAN,,,a fraction of the cost,,,no offense to dealers?

YUP,,the bud is good as any 1000 watt grown bud i will tell you folks!!!

;)

Another tip is to GO easy on the fertilizing because these bulbs really are not that strong to let the plants uptake nutrients ok...

One way to tell is always look at your leaf shapes,,if seeing any curling it can LOCK up your plants and stall them badly,,so lightly and look!

A nice flat leaf is a happy leaf,,with NO tip burns on the very tips of leaf,,just a tad will not hurt,,but never a over fertilized curling claw type leaf ok..

Always keep the leaf flat n happy reaching UPWARDS to the lights if possible!

All in the eye friends....OP

That is pretty cool man..i was looking at them a few months ago thinking man I wonder if I could grow some weed with those haha...hell yes you can...you just need a good reflector I guess...mayb not..

Guest RockyMountainJ

Nice!! OP have you tried taking the frost covers off? Defiantly would put more down light on them. The led chips are exposed. Just a thought. 

Subbed everything looking good bro!!:passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

53 minutes ago, Usstoner said:

That is pretty cool man..i was looking at them a few months ago thinking man I wonder if I could grow some weed with those haha...hell yes you can...you just need a good reflector I guess...mayb not..

I was wondering myself, I am amazed at the results. I'm subbed on this and be nice to see the final figure on Gs per actual watt.

Guest Oldproseeds
20 hours ago, Usstoner said:

Yo brother!

@Usstoner,,tell you what man,,reflectors only keep leaves awake,,never any real growth from a reflection,,but helps to keep leaves flat....

Maybe like a mirror that is a lot better than that tin i have up hahahaha,,what the fuck it works for what i said... ;)

You know friends,,this brings me to a very good TOPIC=REFLECTION MATERIAL TYPES!

i can tell you this,,pure bright white reflects all light rays,,,other materials absorb the reflections and energy more so,,was going to do a new thing 1 day,

to build adjustable panels of reflecting boards about 1 foot tall and 4 feet long that are hung on wall with hinges and chain to adjust that angle of reflections!!!

Maybe i will get to that shit this year,,as i am going to be growing way less than i normally do,,have to many breeding projects in the works,,but will take time.....

But here is what i was thinking on the reflections,

having a board as said,,1 foot tall and 4 feet long or wide right,,then taking those 1 foot small mirrors and glueing them to the boards!

Then as your plants grow taller and taller you adjust the angle accordingly folks,,hitting the plants back sides with them most reflections possible..

get it,

Maybe a great new way to have a grow room,,i know it will help lots!!

Thought of this when i first started growing indoors way back when......

if you can get a pure reflection from very strong bulbs,,then yes the plants may grow from the reflected sides better,,but mainly it keeps leaf awake.

Hanging a few bulbs to the back sides with just a piece of tin foil on the back side of bulbs reflection all the light into plants will work better though ok!

THANX for the question man,,makes a thread better i think!

Op

Guest Oldproseeds
20 hours ago, RockyMountainJ said:

Nice!! OP have you tried taking the frost covers off? Defiantly would put more down light on them. The led chips are exposed. Just a thought. 

Subbed everything looking good bro!!:passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

HEYA J,,,,i wanna move to your state maybe brother!!!!

I'm dying for a breath of cool  fresh air down here huh///// choking in humidity...

But,,i was thinking if removing the covers it will expose the light diode,,and weaken the part after a while?

Sometime i spray shit of the plants it splashes upwards on the lights so rather have them covers on,,plus the less heat to canopy the better!

it will give them way way more--- light power for that 14 watts, :)  U never know???

will try it 1 day as said,,maybe hang them higher from plants so they won't get dirty!

I'm new to these led cobs,,they are built very cool,,having this tiny yellow square flat diode that makes a very bright light source....very cool these cobs~!

For the life of me i can't understand how them things make light???

Work they do,,i also post at another cannabis site,,all about autoflowers there,,if you know the place!

They have COB growing everyplace killing it with them auto flowering strains,,very cool as the weight per plant is off the hook!!!!!

Autoflower.net

friends check it out maybe!!!

Thanks for the reply my man,

Op

Guest Oldproseeds

YO,,,my good friends a little more info on this grow!

The rack was a 14 bulb unit,,now a 16 bulb unit of mixed 14 watt and 17 watt type home use bulbs!

Room size is at 29" back and 58" wide....

Plant size is from 2 and half foot to 3 feet tall,,lower buds are at 18 inches down away from bulbs...

Filling in nicely now,,a bit slower than a high powered type bulb,,or the sun huh,,but going good and steady!!

Top dressing with lime powder and more bud food to give them all they need to finish with mostly rain water from there on......

Hoping your grows are going good  friends!

Op

;)

Guest Oldproseeds

K folks,,plants are filling up under the led rack!

Made another one also,,it is a 124 watt,,8 bulb again the 14 watt and the 17 watt types LED unit with 4 small plants under it..

Get pics soon ok friends!

Op

that white frame in the last pic,,a bit small,,but i am building 2 new 4 footer units from an old antenna again 8 foot section cut in 2!!

You'll see soon....recycled antennas work great as they are very light weight too!

Guest 3rdCoaster

Right on.  I like the creativity.   I would like to build a few "walls" of low wattage cobs to use as side lighting along my drain tables to get the outsides to fill in better.

Guest Oldproseeds

Hi there peeps... ;)

Just a few more pics of these suckers under LED home lighting hahaha!

Also,,i want you to know that the 3 white kush plants had kind of bad roots=rotted

1 of them got the burns but thats my bad,,i knew this?

All are in some horrible soils i got,,and it seems i cannot even buy good soils,,or mix anything up thats good anymore here....

SHITTY PRODUCTS of all types in the deep south huh,,thats why usually i am growing using my own homemade compost!!!

Rain water n compost is the very best in my opinion.. ;)

So,,they have another month to go ok,,just 1 month into flowering,,will say also that with small light powers,,you will get smaller nuggety people.

Should be good hard popcorn buds coming!

Last pic shows the bunt plant.....OP

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004 1.JPG

P1010005.JPG

Guest Oldproseeds

So not to bad really for 14 to 17 watt home style led's... ;)

242 watt rack with 16 bulbs ok!

Another point that goes along with the last post,,i am not going for a gram per watt here,

if i was to do that though,,i would make sure to have a fresh cutting vegging long not an old mom!

Will perform way better if roots are new,,so maybe next run i may try and see how many grams per watt can it do?

Here are some close ups of the buds 1 month into flower folks!!!

AGAIN,,not to happy looking and thats my bad....but,,still chugging along filling in for 1 more month............

PEACE,,OP

P1010006.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

You can pop those plastic covers off the light bulbs and the intensity goes way up. Just don't look at the bulbs.

Looking good though.

edit: was reading back in the thread and seen it was already mentioned. My bad

Peace GG

Guest Oldproseeds
On 10/7/2017 at 5:10 PM, gorilla ganja said:

You can pop those plastic covers off the light bulbs and the intensity goes way up. Just don't look at the bulbs.

Looking good though.

Peace GG

Hey never a bad brother in here,,i like seeing any post replies in my threads....thanks!

Yes id say they will rock a bit more with covers off,,

Just fixed them up a bit.....taking off better now,

boy that soils sucked,,,i can't wait for my own made soils!

Summers are just to dang long here folks....blazing HOT down here still............

Hardly doing any work round this jungle in hell?

TO bad i burnt that one kush hahaha,,i never do that shit???

Gotta be the small light powers with the rotten roots huh,,better next run after it cools a little!

Staked up a few,,flooded them good,,one last feed and thats it for these plants,,they take much less using small light power...

Be back in a minute!

Op

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Oldproseeds
On 10/7/2017 at 5:10 PM, gorilla ganja said:

Looking good though.

Peace GG

Yo my man,,,tried it,,but these small lights really don't make much of a difference in light power?

Wacked a cover off an lit it up,,placed hand under and gaged the intensity with both off and cover on...

tiny lights they are with 6 light emitters around the edge,,better protecting the inner parts id say,,so i left them be!

Had that other rack i built in the last pics,,here is my Crib side grow now,,a 124 watt rack with 4 plants under it..

P1010003.JPG

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010004 1.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010008.JPG

Archived