Skullcap H

thetimster

Hey guys whats up a little info on the Skullcap that particular plant needs extr (K) in its feeding like 2.5 extra mls, man thats a plant you cant put with the rest of them imo. But that Crumble Lime is no problem (Karmas Genetics bad ass) shes a keeper have onemore pheno of hers but shes not as vigorous as the other one, running it in coco 1gal pots the mom in 5 gal. Pot, feeding with 3pt GH, cal-mag Botanicare, SFL-100, Liquid Guano. The Skullcap is very lanky, I guess if you got time to work her she might be a nice bush until I get all the way organize I dont have time this minute but will keep a clone or two and while I work these seeds maybe try to work her in lol if not  well ok but I like Karmas crumb) lime a yielder..These gorilla biscuit crosses hopefully the 3 left r females

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran a few headbanger from seed last year indoors and I never did get them going properly. Spent too long in solo cups, thrips were real bad and in the end I gave up on those seedlings and figured I'd try again another grow. 

@Tynehead well I ran them  and someone else I know did to it wasnt to me what I thought lol but that Lemon Larry Lavender is the serious shit if you can get your hands on it seriously had it and lost it this past begining of winter before a PM  breakout shoot didnt even new that stuff existed till then  lol handled it though thats why I didnt ship or took in any cuts, cleaned room and did all necessary things now on track again kinda wish I could have saved some strains but couldnt some I cant replace lesson learned bad one though never knoww who jealous or try to harm ya but anyways got them few until I get a whole new room of good genetics again always reason for something. Hopefully good stuff ,,,,,,,,,, peace

I ran some of baked beans headbanger F2. Unfortunately they where under a bit too little light and got a little spindly. Had a good gassy nose and looked like big flowers near the lights, but wasn't as strong imo as I wanted. I kept one female to try again and made some F3 seeds and a few crosses to try a larger pool.

I'm solidly hooked on the collab between Melting Pot and Karma that is Old Grandpa Scratch LTD. The one female I have , from what I can tell, leans hard to the Lucifer OG and is probably my favorite smoke of 2017. Sadly those jars have been empty for some time now. I have a big mum and little mum of that cut and have 7 seedlings hitting end of week 7 Veg today. One has shown female so far.

Karma's S1 tester beans - 95 strawberry x mandarina  (i call it S&M) is another one I am extremely fond of and is an easy to grow hardy plant. Mites tend to like her but otherwise, she is sticking around in my garden and I'm gonna pop the rest of that pack this year to see what else is in those S1 beans.

I can confirm one female Skullcap Headstash as of this morning. The other 3 are looking like males but still a bit too early to tell. I'll try and get some pics tonight. They are looking better than they were a few days ago now that I've switched the grow back to RO water and perfecly adjusted PH. Matter of fact, all the plants look better so I'm going to surmise that my soil PH was spiralling out and locking up nutrients.

@Coastal ya I also tried the baked beanz headbanger f2 and still have a healthy sack to hunt thru but the first 6 I ran were hard to manage plants. Under floros they were great and I had high hopes due to the smells and early frost in veg. Once I transplanted and put them under the 1000 for flower...... They turned into weeds LOL stretching like crazy but not branching at all even after i tried topping one to see if that would help. By week 4 I yanked them from the flower room as I figured they would not yield anything worthy of the time and space. I tried again the next round with real deal karma headbanger and some 24K but like i mentioned , left them in solos to long while trying to battle the thrips and everything just kinda went to shit so I turfed the indoor and just concentrated on getting my spring planting done outside.

Yall havent ran the Crumble Lime yet?? If so could you tell me the flowering time on it gonna pop about 5 Mountain Goat x Monster Cookies, Fruity Peebles(jaws) x Diamond&Dust

Guest soundman

Can't wait to see some Crumbled Lime done. The one female I ended up with was WAY more lanky than Skullcap so I didn't consider dealing with it. The males had much stouter bushy structure. 

I am trying out a few Club 69 OG fem'd. If these don't kick ass in the real deal OG department, Josh D selection and all, I am done and going back to GG4.

As far as Karma moving out of the seed biz that is interesting. I typed my thoughts and decided to not post them. I want to express my thoughts but am learning to shut up this year. LOL.

Tynehead - Glad you got them figured out.

Guest soundman

Can you guys clarify whats up with the Headbangers? On the other site that strain appeared to be maybe Karmas best strain. Most smell, strong flavor, etc. I have them but now worry they aren't up to the hype on another site. Curious.

Well I havent flowered the CL yet but real soon, the only OG I got is the Original Tre OG done had this one for quite sometime wont let it go it has outdone all the OGs ive had lol, had that gg4 lost it, itss a shame people you thought you could trust to get cuts. Back  renig, looking for that orignal Cheese some of these new strains looks good but lacking potency

@soundman to clarify all the hype about it aint what it is imo at least when I grew it thats why wasnt to muchconversation on it on other sites shit I even fell into it lol everyone has there opinion, its a good yeilder but nothing spectacular , the GG4 beats it hands down also that Lemon Larry Lavender  puts a lot of them crosses ive had to shame, some crosses r hyped up or if you get it its not the one everybodys talking about imo

10 minutes ago, soundman said:

Can you guys clarify whats up with the Headbangers? On the other site that strain appeared to be maybe Karmas best strain. Most smell, strong flavor, etc. I have them but now worry they aren't up to the hype on another site. Curious.

From what I’ve read it’s tricky to perfect..

Hard to dial in.

I’ve got a few of Karmas original drop Headbangers.

Supposed to be Fire...

It won Spannabis, the Barcelona cup and a few other awards as well.

I picked them up to find a nice Sour D leaning lady.

So who can say for sure,

Guest soundman
14 minutes ago, dojagrower said:

@soundman you r right but just by chance you got that one sure would be interested for a cut

I am confused by this post. Are you talking Headbanger? If so I haven't germinated them yet. I am down to share anything though when I can.

I think that there is potential for outstanding plants in the headbanger gene pool and some folks have found those expressions for sure. I question the selection process used by the guy who made the seedbay headbanger F2's that I have here. Not knocking the beans he made, just stating that i doubt a massive pool of plants was used to select the true keepers. Then again, some plants that do exceptionally well in some environements, don't do well in others.

My opinion on headbanger and skull cap is this .... and bear in mind I am onl;y comment based on what little growing of them I have done. They gotta go into near perfectly balance conditions in the soil in those first few weeks and don't drive the lights to them hard. PH range in first few weeks seem to favor slightly more acidic and I found good uptake around 6.4 ph going in. But around week 5 this seems to change and despite balanced nutrition and keeping soil PH at 6.4..... thier needs change, still liking a distance from the light but the PH range needs to go up to 6.8 or they yellow off, get brown necrotic spots, start to stretch like vines and those affected leaves curl up and in on themselves. The first signal something was up was petioles curving down as if the plant was wilting from dehydration but it had just been fed. The leaf symptoms followed within days,accompanied by stretch. Headbangers and skullcap H are doing these same things. It's not the genetics, so much as it is the growers skills and ability to adapt to some varietyy's specific needs. 

Karma's gear has it's reputation for a good reason and is why I won't let a few beans in a less than standard grow form my judgement overall. I will be giving all these varieties another run and have a bunch more classic Karma gear to get to yet as well.

Guest soundman
3 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

I think that there is potential for outstanding plants in the headbanger gene pool and some folks have found those expressions for sure. I question the selection process used by the guy who made the seedbay headbanger F2's that I have here. Not knocking the beans he made, just stating that i doubt a massive pool of plants was used to select the true keepers. Then again, some plants that do exceptionally well in some environements, don't do well in others.

My opinion on headbanger and skull cap is this .... and bear in mind I am onl;y comment based on what little growing of them I have done. They gotta go into near perfectly balance conditions in the soil in those first few weeks and don't drive the lights to them hard. PH range in first few weeks seem to favor slightly more acidic and I found good uptake around 6.4 ph going in. But around week 5 this seems to change and despite balanced nutrition and keeping soil PH at 6.4..... thier needs change, still liking a distance from the light but the PH range needs to go up to 6.8 or they yellow off, get brown necrotic spots, start to stretch like vines and those affected leaves curl up and in on themselves. The first signal something was up was petioles curving down as if the plant was wilting from dehydration but it had just been fed. The leaf symptoms followed within days,accompanied by stretch. Headbangers and skullcap H are doing these same things. It's not the genetics, so much as it is the growers skills and ability to adapt to some varietyy's specific needs. 

Karma's gear has it's reputation for a good reason and is why I won't let a few beans in a less than standard grow form my judgement overall. I will be giving all these varieties another run and have a bunch more classic Karma gear to get to yet as well.

Karma sent me some seed packs directly so I assume they are his creation. I really want the Headbangers to be good. I am hoping for strong flavor and nose from the Club 69 OG as it is not a tester run. Should be worked line and be up to the reputation Karma has. I know Karma has a good soul to boot.

I grow in straight coco so I don't experience the same issues. I feed a drifting PH from 5.7 - 6.1. Adjusting EC is about it for different strains.

@soundman hey my friend im not saying its a alright strain cause I have the utmost respect for Karma and his gear im just saying that when I first did it it was good I was just looking for that extra kick that everyone was talking about lol and posibly true may not be genetics but the way certain growers grow me personally im not the best like yall but my skills not lacking either, maybe a lil more understanding of the plant itself and its needs and what it dont need, I dont knock no one im going to run it again later on since you say this Skullcap and Headbanger basically run the same, I will run the skullcap with the headbanger in my other room and see if I can get a nice one of each  I will keep you posted, that light issue can you explain please..........peace

I had three phenos of the headbanger F2's ,so not direct from Karma, but imo they had the crazy stretch of the diesel but the branching of the og... the banner can be stretchy like that too, but the three phenos I had none hit really hard, tasted exceptional or had quality of effects that put it in elite status. 

I also grew out Dank Haze that was a really nice sour leaning variety I liked better and was stronger, some phenos had herm issues though. Big E F2 where awesome crazy terp strong stone but low yield and harder to grow. And OJSDKB F2 that had a wider range of phenos but also had strong phenos and orange terpy phenos. Had cut of GG4 for s few years. Killer bag appeal yeild and smell but again strength and quality of high where just not there for the long haul but pretty picky market when it's flooded... 

i really liked the wheres my bike ... smell is crazy and smoked well. Have some old gramps scratch and la affair I'm excited about just also expected headbanger to be across the board some of the best of the best so I was a bit let down. 

The Big E F2 was the winner smoke of those testers imo. Dank Haze for a production mom.

the first pack of Karma gear I grew was the Old Grandpa Scratch. Recommended by an old time friend of mine who moved from holland to canada in his 30`s. He`s been here about 20 years now but always talks about the coffee shops and hash from back home. When i asked him if he had heard of Karma Genetics he told me all his friends back in holland spoke high praises. He told me that I should try and find the Old Grandpa Scratch as he felt it was some of the best he had smoked while on his last trip over there. So I did just that and promptly got to growing some out. In that first seed pop of 5 seeds, I found a keeper female and she lives in my garden still and if I have my way will be in my garden for years to come..... I like it that much.

Guest soundman
On 1/7/2018 at 4:41 AM, dojagrower said:

@soundman hey my friend im not saying its a alright strain cause I have the utmost respect for Karma and his gear im just saying that when I first did it it was good I was just looking for that extra kick that everyone was talking about lol and posibly true may not be genetics but the way certain growers grow me personally im not the best like yall but my skills not lacking either, maybe a lil more understanding of the plant itself and its needs and what it dont need, I dont knock no one im going to run it again later on since you say this Skullcap and Headbanger basically run the same, I will run the skullcap with the headbanger in my other room and see if I can get a nice one of each  I will keep you posted, that light issue can you explain please..........peace

Dojagrower - No worries. I think I confused the thread. I believe Karma is a good breeder. Actually a real breeder. I don't think anyone knocked Karma and hope nobody thought I did. I too look for that extra something, like strong flavor and potency. Something special. I think your plants look great. Your Skullcap looks shorter and less stretchy than the one I grew. The Crumbled Limes you have look like the ones I wanted but were males. I think you have a good chance of finding a winner. Did you grow out seeds to moms and clone?

I think it was Tynehead that had an issue with light and maybe the mention of Skullcap and Headbanger having same grow requirements? He mentioned moving his to the outer edges of garden. Mine was right under one of my lights. I did run dimmed 600 watt HPS at about 450 watts so light intensity wasn't a problem. I am going to bump up power if the Club 69 OG stay short enough.

I am very curious as to how your plants come out. You have different phenos than I had. I think I grew out the odd duck. You may get me to try the Crumbled Lime again at some point.

Forums are hard for me to interact on. By the way, how do you guys get the @user name to appear at start of threads? Do you add it manually? Seems like a Twitter thing.

I think we are all fans of Karma Genetics here and I never let a handfull of plants decide a breeders fate in my view. I also don't get the vibe that anyone here is trying to knock karma or his gear either.

Some varieties (from the entire cannabis pool) require real work on the part of the grower and don't fit right in to a growers comfort zone. BUT , some of those "finicky" varieties can produce some amazing results once the grower dials it in. I think perhaps some of Karma's work is like that and that is okay with me as it becomes a challenge for me to step up and figure out the plant. The advice from some folks about getting the calcium to some plants early on may be the trick here and the next seed pop i do of the skullcap headstash will see some soil ammendments to boost calcium and keep PH stable.

Archived