Bodhi info sharing thread

jpdnkstr

Guest thebigyeti

Bodhi on "Artifact 1"

16:24 "Some of those old afgani's are amazing and that's kinda what I'm excited this year. I'm doing a lot of really old weird afgani's outside. I'm doing like my artifact 1 which is kind of like the afgani that everybody remembers, but no one has been able to procure. Like that super acrid, almost roadkill, like cabbage-y, kind of like a deep chunky but not as bland as deep chunk. kind of like this really raw. kind of like I don't know, smells kind of like a prison basketball game."

1:02:35 "I'm pretty excited about this new afgani male that I'm working with...  it's so acrid. It's like gamey. It's not like roadkill, but it's like this whole other thing and these artifact 1's, these old vintage afgani's that I'm finally popping, they have that. And I'm so excited and it's so gross and it makes me so happy..."

1:06:00: "I had kind of offline old friend that owed me a favor, so he gave me some really rare seeds and it just said roadkill and it was an old vintage line from Nor Cal. I was like oh cool this is going to be neat like I thought maybe it would be a roadkill skunk, or something, but it just turned out to be a really like vintage old super gross afgani and I was like ok these are cool, so instead of calling it roadkill because it not because people get so uptight these days if it's not exactly how they remember it. It's not roadkill king of thing, so I just called it artifact A1 or afgani artifact 1. It's that true acrid artifact that no one's really coming up with, but I know existed."

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it! Wonder if the deep chunk would dominate the Malawi seeing it must be old and inbred as well.. 

doubling up an Afhgani x Malawi doesn't sound terrible!

I don’t see any reason not to do it lol with the Blue/blood/super moon coming up seems like the right time to crack super old beans. 

& yeah that other DLA I have is #3 A35 x 88G13/hp. A35 is a 35 year old Afghani & I guess it’s lost now at least the original mom and read B man has a bunch of A35 going or grown...maybe this was the precursor to the Artifact 1 IDK. 

So depending maybe...

Deep chunk x Malawi Gold x Malawi x Artifact 1 x 88G13/HP x A35 x 88G13/HP 

LOL 

It’s very possible that A35 is in fact Artifact 1 & that DLA#3 is what was used for this untested limited edition pack...anyone know? 

We’ll have to name this pack for Bodhi...

Hoodie Stash 😎

On 1/16/2018 at 7:36 AM, Ilynnboy said:

Wow 15 weeks already?

looks like week 7.

You sure have patience.

I would not / could not flower for That long....

It would have been compost Long ago for me.

Hope She is worth it.

Looks to yield well,

Hoping yours turns out to be great smoke as it looks like she might go 20 weeks..???

No fade, no red hairs, still flowering steady it looks like?

Looking like a beast.

lots of trimming coming your way in the near future.

Good vibes for a steady run til harvest..

I've heard it said that "good things come to those who wait" ;)  If I had the opportunity to grow flowers nostalgic of those days of discovery... I'd have to try.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:59 AM, Limos said:

Spoiler alert 🚨 if you ordered and want to be surprised...avert your eyes

Hoodie came today 😎

F03B26C9-BB29-48AF-B148-66CB7398D054.thumb.jpeg.56d1b7cf6c315c2507541f28ee5a3b5c.jpeg

46EBFE01-B85D-4DD6-9648-1664E7531651.thumb.jpeg.6de8ffb68dc9588ccbe9d65227464136.jpeg

Where's the hoodie? :)

On 1/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, Coastal said:

Nice freebie! Aritifact 1 is an old afghani that has no sweet or lemon, pure acrid I think is what he said on the potcast... mentioned using it possibly to get more roadkill out of his skunk as well... that cross with the '88g13hp male is DLA#5...,

Malawi is an earlier narrow leaf that gets large and fairly dense flowers that are 11-15 week kind of range... very strong stone and high THC... does well in crosses from what I've heard, puts out 20+ thc phenos and 10-11 week phenos. Bet these will be in that 10-12 range... the Malawi I saw had short nice squat structure for NLD too... 

i have the Malawi x Sasquatch by white buffalo seeds I picked out of a jar my friend had.

pretty stoked on this one too! 

Thanks @Limos I almost forgot I ordered that,lol

It boggles my mind how you guys can keep track of breeders/ strains, whew.  I imagine as breeders it is necessary.  I don't see myself breeding yet I do like to learn about strain lineage etc, as it is (confusing, yet) fascinating. I'd much rather research the family tree of cannabis strains than I would my own family tree lol. 

Always a wealth of information on many subjects Coastal.  I appreciate reading your posts, even though soil science still goes over my head... I keep reading on :) 

On 1/27/2018 at 2:45 AM, thebigyeti said:

Bodhi on "Artifact 1"

16:24 "Some of those old afgani's are amazing and that's kinda what I'm excited this year. I'm doing a lot of really old weird afgani's outside. I'm doing like my artifact 1 which is kind of like the afgani that everybody remembers, but no one has been able to procure. Like that super acrid, almost roadkill, like cabbage-y, kind of like a deep chunky but not as bland as deep chunk. kind of like this really raw. kind of like I don't know, smells kind of like a prison basketball game."

1:02:35 "I'm pretty excited about this new afgani male that I'm working with...  it's so acrid. It's like gamey. It's not like roadkill, but it's like this whole other thing and these artifact 1's, these old vintage afgani's that I'm finally popping, they have that. And I'm so excited and it's so gross and it makes me so happy..."

1:06:00: "I had kind of offline old friend that owed me a favor, so he gave me some really rare seeds and it just said roadkill and it was an old vintage line from Nor Cal. I was like oh cool this is going to be neat like I thought maybe it would be a roadkill skunk, or something, but it just turned out to be a really like vintage old super gross afgani and I was like ok these are cool, so instead of calling it roadkill because it not because people get so uptight these days if it's not exactly how they remember it. It's not roadkill king of thing, so I just called it artifact A1 or afgani artifact 1. It's that true acrid artifact that no one's really coming up with, but I know existed."

Still listening but... thanks for the highlights.

1 hour ago, milo said:

Wait? 😵 what?!? 😕  why!!?!?! 😩😭

Because we are human :)

Per the video above:  "... stop chasing (clones) and start creating".  "Create your own Elites"

1 hour ago, Limos said:

I don’t see any reason not to do it lol with the Blue/blood/super moon coming up seems like the right time to crack super old beans. 

& yeah that other DLA I have is #3 A35 x 88G13/hp. A35 is a 35 year old Afghani & I guess it’s lost now at least the original mom and read B man has a bunch of A35 going or grown...maybe this was the precursor to the Artifact 1 IDK. 

So depending maybe...

Deep chunk x Malawi Gold x Malawi x Artifact 1 x 88G13/HP x A35 x 88G13/HP 

LOL 

It’s very possible that A35 is in fact Artifact 1 & that DLA#3 is what was used for this untested limited edition pack...anyone know? 

We’ll have to name this pack for Bodhi...

Hoodie Stash 😎

dig it  :smileys-passing-joint:

I think the a35 was a clone he received from someone else... a for afghani and 35 because the guy had held the cut for 35 years or knew of its d.o.b.

pretty sure the artifact 1 is different, and is a seed line as described above from the talk.

i think the info about a35 is on there too.. but it's 4+hrs so hard to remember it all... but I did listen a few times while I was shucking seeds..lol.. 

• 4 weeks later...

I mentioned this in my intro post, it was about 1975 and a friend of mine drove into one of the nw states from edmonton and brought back clones of an afghani hash plant, so this is over 40 years ago for sure. Anyway just the other day

a rounder who makes his living off selling and hustling pool said to me that, that pot was the best pot he ever smoked, I just about fell on the floor, he had no idea it was me growing it. Are they just old memories that are too good

to be true, or was some of that old time afghani that good. I'd bet that plant is still here in canada, it was never circulated by us in western canada. We both came back to ontario but I know he continued growing it. Could any of that

pot been over 20%.

Guest Tommy McCain

Hey everyone Tommy here. I'm new on the Lab but not new to Bodhi. I have grown Goji OG, Dragon Fruit and Field Trip. Totally digging the sativa highs out of those strains. I really want a killer afghani for concentrates and yield. I have researched most of the DLA and want to grab at least one pack of those.

Does anyone know anything about the Fat Cherry Afghani in the Cherry Queen?

@blues147 I got seeds from Ontario a guy I sold to grew in 1981/2 grew there and brought to BC. He popped a few in his green house and I got him to give me cuts. They where very very consistent and had a flavour and taste like the purple kush, very frosty and I have very little doubt they would test at or above 20% canabanoids.., def strong nice smoke.

said they came in with the good hash back then, as a lot of kief and hash came through the east coast he said sometimes there was weed too and it was pretty good quality so they grew them out inthe cornfields... guess they finished reasonably as well, but yeah I was shocked at the quality.

cant remember about the cherry afghani, but I know I grabbed a pack of SSDD dad x to that mom as well.

Guest boyd crowder

this super snow lotus i have going is about 4 weeks in and is THE smelliest girl ive ever had in my garden

its like a rotten fruit smell , im not really feeling its slow veg times or lack of stretch , but ima keep it around 1-2 more rounds to see what its does as a clone

pics coming soon

P1110076.JPG

P1110077.JPG

P1110078.JPG

P1110079.JPG

P1110080.JPG

Guest boyd crowder

im going on record with this -

this is prolly one of bodhis lesser works

it didnt like organics

it aint like coco

it grew to 18" after 2.5mos andchange

it had no stretch in flower

its very hairy and bushy , needs much grooming 

its stinks to high heaven

not much for trichs atm

and im culling it after this grow

i hope to get an ounce or 2 off it

ill be lucky

im gonna finish it out but the clone is gonna hang out till the cure is done

I started this thread so I better contribute some Bodhi info, here are a few pics.

Magenta Hashplant in early bloom.

IMAG0711.thumb.jpg.c1b80c4a60d225c44319625bd785b1e1.jpg

More cowbell in late bloom.

IMAG0707.thumb.jpg.c897c931b45b2012587b382c60b51885.jpg

Lando's Stash early flower.

IMAG0710.thumb.jpg.4e8b57c86621180e8dce10de88c52891.jpg

Higher Primate(WiFi 43 x Wookie 15) mid bloom, please excuse the spectrum, my single ended hps messes with my phone camera.  I've also been pushing this girl with nutes to see what she likes, hence the curl and tip burn. I received this as a tester, I only popped 7 seeds and she is a winner!  Funky earthy lemon goodness with a great mid line buzz(not too sleepy not too speedy)

IMAG0702.thumb.jpg.ed3c7bc7b1849bee34cb9a70234c6b0e.jpg

Bountiful harvests to all!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work @jpdnkstr, that More Cowbell flower looks dank! Let us know how she smokes please.

Not much to add at the moment...more on the way.

The earth is less 2 packs of seeds. Soon to be many more. Thanks for making these available Bodhi.

SAM_2681.thumb.JPG.6665b44a77a23d2a8e79d9bb8f840f48.JPG

Till next time, Keep it up!

Thank you, you should definitely find a keeper in two packs of black triangle, that should be a fun pheno hunt.  I run Black Triangle as well but only popped less than half a pack.  I found one lady that is staying with me for a while.  She'll be hitting the bloom room soon and I'll try and post some pictures look for her in a couple months.  Here is that More Cowbell a few days before chop...

5aa685803ae51_IMAG07262.thumb.jpg.77e9c7663ae35c641ef211257239d7b5.jpg

Hope everyone's gardens are green!

1 hour ago, jpdnkstr said:

Thank you, you should definitely find a keeper in two packs of black triangle, that should be a fun pheno hunt.  I run Black Triangle as well but only popped less than half a pack.  I found one lady that is staying with me for a while.  She'll be hitting the bloom room soon and I'll try and post some pictures look for her in a couple months.  Here is that More Cowbell a few days before chop...

5aa685803ae51_IMAG07262.thumb.jpg.77e9c7663ae35c641ef211257239d7b5.jpg

Hope everyone's gardens are green!

I'm going to quote this just because that flower is so pretty and I want to see it more. Your growing some fine flowers @jpdnkstr.

Definitely keep us posted on the Black Triangle. I'm sure it will be dank coming out of your garden.

I do hope to find a gem in these seeds of course. The plan is to take copies of all of them, males and females besides culling any weaklings and open pollinate them outside for F2's. I can see which lady does best outside and start acclimating the line to this climate. That will give me a good look at the boys too. 

I'll keep it updated here.

Greetings, hope everyone is well lit.

I want to keep the germination process transparent. The date is 3/14/18.

A total of 24 seeds (12 per pack, thanks B'). One of the seeds never sank after 12 hours. It was planted anyway. 

The seeds were not scuffed. I would recommend scuffing the Black Triangle seeds. A little longer soak may help too.

Right now there are 16 healthy sprouts and a couple in limbo. The seeds had a hard time shedding their shells. A good scuff and a longer soak would have probably solved this issue. I understand this...It's all good. I was willing to take one for the team to see if it was necessary. Be grateful for the experience, it's all gift!

Here are some picks of the lot. A couple seedlings passed before I realized they may be having trouble with their shells. Both seeds came up and looked normal. The shells never opened, it may have been pinching the stem. I thought they were just weak so I wrote them off and didn't take pics. Probably just hard shells.
Sorry about the photo quality.

SAM_2721.thumb.JPG.57dfa77c8fe8361ecfb6240505a214c8.JPG

This one came stretching out and didn't open. It was assisted. Its open and greening up now. 

#G

SAM_2710.thumb.JPG.6bdb7083a8ad45ec342242a5b813c432.JPG

This one broke the surface of the soil like the rest and then stopped. I was checking it for life and the root looked healthy yet. I popped the shell off it. It's deciding what to do yet. Its really yellow. I backed the lights off a little so it can relax. I'm hopping it makes it! I believe it will.

#U

SAM_2724.thumb.JPG.ba0f824fff1bdf86823a7a00895b67c5.JPG

This one never opened. I pushed the soil back and it looked like a large healthy seed. I pulled it out and cracked it between my teeth to open its shell. It was really hard! You can practice on sunflower seeds if your not confident doing this. It's a last ditch effort and I don't recommend it as regular practice. The seedling is moving, slow, but the radical came out. Go seedling go!

#V

SAM_2723.thumb.JPG.a7675c66b3ac7a9d5a1b69358c814a6d.JPG

The ones that are up are happy and healthy.

#A

SAM_2719.thumb.JPG.308d5aebba52ffbc25b38a84293e3494.JPG

So 16 out of 24 seeds hatched healthy babies with wiggling toes with a couple still on life support  I'm confident that if the seeds had been scuffed well and soaked a little longer the germination rate would have been higher. That's the risk I took.

Another update after everyone is well on the way.

Till next time, keep it lit! 

bless,
kind024

Some how I went to quote post instead of edit post. I can not cancel posts. So here's the content. Apologies. If mods wants to delete this post its okay.

SAM_2721.JPG

#G 

SAM_2710.JPG

#U

SAM_2724.JPG

#V

SAM_2723.JPG

#A

SAM_2719.JPG

Looks fine @Kind024, nice little babies popping their heads up.

I hear the Moody blues playing in the background somewhere....

you shooting for doing a little outdoor breeding ?

We need more of that...

@Kind024 what type of soil mix you germinating in? Did you do paper sprouting first? I have killed a few plants trying to prize open the seed shell to release the cotyledons. Maybe I get impatient and should let nature take its course? Anyways im looking forward to see how this goes outdoor.

@Ilynnboy, thanks for the kind words. Did you say Moodies?

Yeah buddy, outdoor season is around the corner for me (about 6 weeks till final frost usually). This is still a project in the works. It took a couple weeks worth of dog walks in the hills to find the spot. Now I am in the middle of clearing everything out with a machete and a hatchet...got hammered with poison ivy the other day in the clearing frenzy. I still need to mix soil and carry it up. I think I can carry 2 cubic feet at a time. Need to go to army surplus and grab one of those big sacks. A count of 15-20 plants. Was planning on pots, or bring a pitch ax up here and dig out some holes and amend them. With at least 2 cubic feet per plant, probably more (15 gallon pots are still a little small for outside, unless I amend holes)...30-40 cubic feet...only 20 trips carrying soil. Not to mention the hog fencing for each one for support and animal barrier. There is a stream not too far away for the dry season. Wish it was up hill from here...i'll carry buckets instead. I got this! I was thinking a chopper would be nice...

So I have a heaping pile on my plate for this season. I may do a little selection for the BT f2 population to drop the work load a little.

I want to start making seeds and try to acclimate some lines to this area (44.7 degrees N. latitude). This season is just for the BT f2's. I'm going to stick the Mazar out with them and maybe another random lady. Next season I wanted to start looking into hash cultivars. I need a find a couple nice bag ladies first.

This is the spot...doesn't look like much at the moment. This is the best I can do for now.

As you walk up.

SAM_2730.thumb.JPG.cd008f2d3d291732a076c3ea75eeafb8.JPG

This is where I started clearing.

SAM_2735.thumb.JPG.2f894bf42c64a8806437e018466700f5.JPG

This is to the left...more clearing to do.

SAM_2733.thumb.JPG.857985a13f170e047b6416428c0156ca.JPG

The slope the spot is on faces south. So it gets pretty good sun. A few spot of shade throughout the day as the sun passes over the trees. But I have to wait for the sun to clear those Mts. first.

SAM_2734.thumb.JPG.5e128a343a110d92ab7272c53f08f493.JPG

Glad to have to you at the show. Please make yourself at home.

peace,

On 3/16/2018 at 2:36 PM, herbert said:

@Kind024 what type of soil mix you germinating in? Did you do paper sprouting first? I have killed a few plants trying to prize open the seed shell to release the cotyledons. Maybe I get impatient and should let nature take its course? Anyways im looking forward to see how this goes outdoor.

Greetings @herbert, The soil mix is posted in my Grateful Gardens thread...here's the quote

"Base soil recipe:

1 part sphagnum peat moss (Look for the unprocessed stuff.)

1 part aeration (perlite floats to the top, pea gravel is heavy, rice hulls breakdown over time, imo pumice and scoria are the better options if available.) 2 parts medium aggregate pumice and 1 part small aggregate pumice was used for this mix.

1 part humic material (worm castings, compost, forest floor humic should be sourced carefully if chosen as an option.) 2 parts high quality worm (not from bag) castings and 1 part Oly fish compost was used for this mix. Everything is frozen around here and we had to get our start mix going. The garden place had a fresh stock of Oly. I don't normally recommend bagged composts/worm castings. In this case our compost and other local compost is frozen. I want the microbial diversity of compost and imo Oly Fish compost is the best "bagged" stuff around here. It's allowed to rest properly after the thermophilic stage and it's actually compost. It can contain unwanted debris. I found a couple pieces of zip-ties and little pieces of foil. So if you do source bagged compost. Its a good idea to lay it out on a separate tarp and give it a good comb through.

Amendments per 2 cubic feet:

1 cup kelp meal  (brown kelp, ascophyllum nodosum)

1 cup neem cake

1 cup fish meal (Try to source fish meal that uses Naturox as a preservative. It's natural and derived from rosemary. Fertrell makes 2 grades of fish meal, the expensive one has Naturox. Most others use Ethoxyquin or simply labeled under the shroud of "E" or "EQ" on ingredient lists. Ethoxquin is a synthetic enzyme that's used to preserve fats. Ethoxyquin has been proven to induce DNA damage in humans and cancer in pets.)

1 cup alfalfa pellets

1 cup crustacean meal (Imo insect frass could replace a portion of crustacean meal. It's better balanced and has more available chitin/chitinase. However, crustacean meal has long term N, P, Ca and Mg as frass does not. This is what I had...)

1 cup granular humic shale

2 cups Pearl oyster shell flour

3 cups basalt rock dust

1/2 cup bio-char (It was activated with alfalfa and worm castings. It was piled in a corner of a greenhouse and kept covered with random greens. I made it, crushed it and activated it last spring.)

All amendments are sourced organic.

These are the amendments I had on hand. My soil mix always fluctuates a little with whats available, but the primer stays consistent. Many amendments can be replaced with others. Some more could have been added and some could have been kept out. I would have liked to replaced a portion of the crustacean meal with insect frass and added a little malted barley and/or rye. There is a little insect frass here but it's being kept for teas.

The soil is mixed on a heavy duty tarp. Stirred mostly by hand then rolled a few times using the tarp.

Edited: This soil will never be thrown out. It will be cycled through my garden forever and probably carried with me (within reason) if I leave this place. This soil will stay healthy and productive as long as it's nurtured."

The soil was activated with an AACT, mixed after the mycelium started to develop and allowed to rest for 3 weeks.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

I've used the paper towel on a warm angled plate method for many years with great results. I like the idea of the seeds directly in the soil method. When seeds open they release a special set of enzymes that are designed to get the soil biology in the immediate area swinging in their direction. I believe we loose some of these enzymes after the radical sprouts in the paper towel.

I can't agree more about the nature of things. That's the goal. That being said...there were 2 seedlings that came up right away with the first flush and stopped growing. They eventually died. I figured they were just weaklings so I didn't look into it. Then some more seeds did the same thing. I believe there would be 3 less plants right now if it weren't for the doctoring. Maybe it was just my packs...the seed were inconsistent in size and formation, but they all looked mature.

Thanks for checking it out @herbert.

peace,

• Zoot pinned this topic

Archived