Bodhi info sharing thread

jpdnkstr

Greetings again everyone. Please take what you need and pass it on. smokeout.gif

The date is 3/16/18.

I wanted to update the progress on the #V ...numbers get boring sometimes. Plus the seed count was under 26. So the seedlings are numbered with letters. This was the seed that I cracked with my teeth and then removed the shell. 
#V

SAM_2729.thumb.JPG.749d441f08d10ce3a98da6d35971a47e.JPG
All the seedlings that were in limbo and had their shell manually removed have decided on life! Now there is a total of 19 Black Triangle seedlings.

...5 days after planting and some of them are already pushing out their first true set.

P.S. this post was copied and pasted from another thread.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be relevant too...idk how I missed this post? Smoke another!

The seeds were planted on 3/11/18.

They soaked for 12 hours in 1 cup of clean water with 1 drop of hydrogen peroxide added. After the soak they were planted directly into soil. A mycorrhizae fungus was dusted directly in the seed hole before introducing the seed.

The temperature stays around 82F-84F. The humidity stays around 50% outside the dome. It stays around 75%-80% under the dome (more if I don't open the vents).

They are lit by a 4' x 8, T5 florescent fixture with 6500k lamps. Only 4 lamps are lit at the moment. The light cycle is 19/5.

There is a clear poly bag over the other 6 pots. This helps retain moisture at the soil surface. It will have to be removed after they sprout...need another dome.

SAM_2691.thumb.JPG.4804361f77fe6e97a6b2e8e66e845c1a.JPG

Greetings to everyone. Today makes 9 days from soak.

Not much going on with the Black Triangle yet, but a couple changes to note.

On 3/19/18, 2 of the 6500k t5 fluorescent bulbs were exchanged with the 460 powerveg bulbs from hortilux. It seems like the leaves developed more rigidity after the first day under the new spectrum. I thought maybe it was a little early for those, but the plants are diggin' em'! The other 4 lamps on the fluorescent fixture are turned on in the middle of the cycle for 2 -3 hours a day. The light cycle is still 19/5.

The dome is still being used to help keep the humidity up over 50% (it's off for the photo). The room humidity can drop below 50% sometimes too.The stacked empty pots at the corners help keep the dome up a little for better airflow, lower temps and it holds about 60%+ humidity instead of 80%+ with it fully on. Cork board pins work nice for that too. Didn't have any. With the dome up the plants can still catch the breeze from the fan too. They seem to have stopped the initial stretch and are settling in. 

Also a tea was water in yesterday.

• 4 gallons clean water
  • 2 cups high quality (not from bag) ewc
  • 5 tsp of molasses
  • 1 tsp of pure maple syrup

It was bubbled for 50 hours at 73F-75F. Just a little of this tea was watered in the seedlings. Some got sprayed on the blooming plants and the rest went to the greenhouse for the starts.

On the other note. @herbert, I think nature is going to have it's way with that #V plant. It hasn't grown at all. It still looks green and alive, just no movement. All the others are pretty much off to the races. Unless it wakes up soon it will be left behind...

Here's a recent pic of the bunch. The pots behind with the hay are this years tobacco starts. The pot out front is the #V. Who may soon be making it's elegant departure.

SAM_2746.thumb.JPG.6a0e53dd23603b68b552ccf859bb777f.JPG

peace,

• 2 weeks later...

3/17/18

Greeting everyone, please help yourself and if you need assistance please ask.  shisha.gif 

Today is 16 days after the soak...3/27/18

There are a couple things worth mentioning besides the photos. Which may not be worth mentioning due to the quality. 

The powerveg 460 t5's seem to balance well with the 6500k t5's. The plants seemed a little sensitive to them after the dome was removed though. The dome scrubbed some of the spectrum and intensity. The fixture was raised to about 24 inches and slowly dropped down. It's holding at 16 inches now and everyone seems to be happy. 

Right now, without the dome the temperature stays around 75F - 77F. The humidity is a little unstable in the room at the moment and stays consistently low around 50% - 55%. It will climb a little after watering, than it drops again. It climbs a little after the lights go out too. Than drops when the come back on. Plants don't like sharp humidity shifts. It messes with the ratio of water/nutrient uptake. Plants close their stomata during dry conditions to conserve moisture. Plants take in CO2 essential for photosynthesis through their stomata. Less CO2 = less growth. Stomata can take 2-6 days to fully recover from dry weather stress. Most cannabis doesn't like humidity below 65% - 75% when they are young (although most cannabis can tolerate it). Seedlings need it higher still. I'm looking into humidifiers. 

Black Triangle family photo.
SAM_2776.thumb.JPG.ed71081715448049920229cd4faf4778.JPG

#N
SAM_2762.thumb.JPG.48c7009ec0713af89e59173ee7de44a1.JPG
Till next time, keep it lifted!

peace,
kind

Guest Bubba_Dogg
On 11/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, Packerfan79 said:

Hey guys i won a pak on IG auction of ae77 cali-o x Apollo 11 has anyone on here ran or have any Info on these??

Greetings, I hope everyone is well.

The date is 4/3/18. It’s been 23 days from soak.

On 4/1/18 the light cycle was changed to 18/6. I noticed some negative tropism over the last couple hours of the veg cycle. I read that if UV light is used the plants won’t need as many hours of light.?. Where is the threshold of too little and too much? I've seen plants start to flower on a 15/9 light cycle. Maybe I can get away with a 17/7 light cycle? 19 straight hours under those lamps is too long.

The 2, 460 powerveg bulbs were exchanged for 420 powerveg bulbs on 4/1/18 as well. The 420’s have more of the UV spectrum. The leaves showed a richer green after one night under the 420’s. They can keep plant really short too...if the secondary growth doesn’t stretch enough I’ll switch back. I’m playing around with the spectrum a little.

From my observations...I don’t think that the plants need those UV lamps on the full cycle. I’m sure there are a bunch of factors relative. I would like to be able to put them on a separate light cycle. I plan to add some UV t5’s to the bloom room as soon as funds are available. Those will be wired on a separate circuit/timer for independent control. They will only run a couple hours a day...during high noon. I think we will see changes in light fixture configuration over the next few years if these UV’s t5’s take off...if the t5’s aren't obsolete by then. Independent timer programming for every lamp...never know? If I were an inventor I would get on that. If I sound ignorant about this subject it's because that's the way I feel. Doing more research soon...

The plants were transplanted from the 3” square pots into 1 quart square pots. They will go into 2 gallon bags after this. The last soil was blended with a new mix, modifying the final mix.

A half cup of tea was watered into each pot after transplant.

The tea recipe...

• 4 gallons of clean water
  • 2 cups of quality ewc
  • 1 tablespoon of molasses
  • 1 tablespoon of pure agave nectar
  • 2 tablespoons of insect frass

This was bubble for 36 hours at 73F-75F. The tea was made for the greenhouse. I grabbed a few cups since it was here. 

Some pics...

Black Triangle family photos, 23 days after the soak. These were taken a couple hours before the transplant.

SAM_2794.thumb.JPG.b6152f8357d618df3d1b7d7014049fd0.JPG

Sorry for the illusion...different camera focus...rookies.

SAM_2795.thumb.JPG.6b2cab42fa99e7492a54d12a399f7cd8.JPG

The roots were well developed but not bound. Some mycorrhizal fungi was dusted directly on every root ball before transplanting.

SAM_2798.thumb.JPG.a20597d155a7e773b01b722a07bc0abf.JPG

The day after...earlier today. 24 days after the soak.

SAM_2802.thumb.JPG.9e92ee0b086c2ea6bf5b842555f001ea.JPG

SAM_2803.thumb.JPG.7b90820adafcc5a5ab0443fa0886fcd2.JPG

See you soon...

peace,

kind

Kind, those Black Triangle,s are looking nice and healthy .  I  have been running Black Triangle for the last 4 crops. I got 6 females out of 11 seeds, one weakling the rest were top quality.  Knockout, heavy  stone , nice OG smell and flavor. 

I am sure you will find multiple keepers  

Thank you for the kind words @Packerfan79, I used to live a half mile from the stadium. Friends would come to park and tailgate party in my driveway every home game weekend when I lived there...basement full of cannabis...ship tight...in a lock your ass up and throw away the key red state. Good times...still glad to be out of it!

That's good to hear, knock out cannabis is one of my favorites. There is a lady here that's planning to come off opiates after many years. She will need some potent oils to assist on the journey. Glad to know these may be of some assistance. Thanks again, hope your season is bountiful.

edited: If you have some photos of your BT's and time to share. I'd love to see!

.............................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you for the kind words as well @Dog Star! Sounds like the BT was a good choice. Glad to have you kickin' it!

Thanks again guys! If all goes well these will be open pollinated up in the hills of the PNW this season for a diverse f2 selection. The ladies will also be run inside next round.

bless, 

kind

Greetings to everyone in the lab. I hope your bowl is full and your torch is bright.

The Black Triangle are truckin’ along…

4/8/18, 28 days from the soak, everyone got sprayed with an aloe vera solution. About ⅛+ cups of fresh aloe leaf and 3 cups clean water were blended (using a kitchen blender) together till a nice foam head formed. It was strained through a fine colander and applied with a pump sprayer.

Black Triangle family photo. 4/10/18, 30 days from the soak.
.SAM_2822.thumb.JPG.88415a79d96ecbb7847adee6fb4dab6c.JPG

SAM_2824.thumb.JPG.c8fd2bf9fdb0710c4f1c56d522f066cf.JPG

..lots of leaves yet...I try not to monkey with the plants much till they have reached sexual maturity. My logic is that they might stress and produce more males, more potential hermaphrodites and or take longer to mature. I understand the idea that stress may activate a safety mechanism in the plant triggering it to self pollinate. Although I can't seem to find any scientific studies that have been done to prove or disprove this theory. I would be grateful to anyone who can shed some scientific light on this subject or point me in the direction of an article that does...  

I’m trying to keep track of the dates they show gender and have been looking for signs over the last 2 days. So far I believe #L is a lady. What looks to be a tiny hair emerged from what appears to be a calyx at some point today. There are signs of gender on some of the other plants as well...basically I can see the sites where the reproductive organs are starting to appear. They are super tiny at the moment and not fully formed so estimated guesses are made based on shape till i’m 100%. Daily inspections will be done till they have all shown gender.

The plants are starting to compete for space and will need more soon/now. A 1k MH lamp in a parabolic will be deployed and the fluorescent fixture will be moved to the corner the soil barrel currently occupies. The soil barrel will stay in the dining room till the porch holds a comfortable temperature...soil is cared for like one of my pets.  The room will be reconfigured over the next week. 

The plan is to grow these to sexual maturity, large enough to take a few copies from each (male and female) of them. Raise a set of copies to go outside for the open pollination (they don’t need to be trees, they’re only making beans...) and a set of the ladies for the flower room next cycle. The BT ladies will be staged to flower inside with the tester ladies when they are ready...it might be a minute...they haven’t been released yet. That’s okay, the golden tiger may run another 10 weeks...

I'll keep dropping these updates in this thread if nobody cares...

peace,

kind

Guest 3rdCoaster

Keep it coming.   

Sounds like you have a good plan and I, for one, would like to see it play out.  

Your plants are all the picture of health, and the seed stock looks very uniform.  It be cool to see some BT f2s running around.

images-20.jpeg.bd09174ee968c69d0f3be15ae7f290cb.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kind024 said:

I'll keep dropping these updates in this thread if nobody cares...

peace,

kind

You could do that @Kind024.

Or you could start Your Own thread...

Some place that you can call home.

somewhere where You can bring up anything, even if it’s off topic..

Its nice to have a spot to call home.

Not saying You Need or have to, it’s just nice to have a spot..

Babies look very happy and healthy.

Nice Job.

@3rdCoaster, thank you for the encouraging words. The scale of this project is coming into view...I'm all in now. I went to the garden outlet Wednesday to get some supplies. It's a ways out and takes up most of the day for a round trip. I could only get half of whats on the list...the cars weight was maxed. It was raining all week and the pumice was soaked. They do keep the compost inside which is cool. Another trip next week.

.........................................................................................................................................................

@Ilynnboy, thank you for the kind words and good point. I'll start transferring these posted over to another thread. I want to keep the BT  info together and un~muddled for documentation purpose. I didn't realize how involved this was going to get at the start...the f2 idea was a pipe dream...i'd like to see it manifest too. If for no other reason then to test myself and maybe sow some beans around the community in the process. I do have a home thread, hope this link works. https://www.z-labs.nl/community/topic/1194-grateful-gardens/?tab=comments#comment-41948

........................................................................................................................................................

@Packerfan79...I'll do my best. I'll post up a link to the Black Triangle thread once everything is sorted.

........................................................................................................................................................

@jpdnkstr, thank you. Yeah, 2/3's do have similar patterns. The smaller 6 were the ones that sprouted last and/or needed help shedding the shells. All specifics pertaining to individuals will be recorded and posted. I'm "trying" to record all the data that might help someone work the f2's...assuming the universe supports this project. 

Thanks again for all the kind words, and I appreciate the reactions.

peace,

Greetings @Bio-Stimz, were those from the freebie list? I'm interested to hear more about these too. I asked Bigshoe about them when ordering. Here's the quote from the email... 

"There are amazing phenos in the Jam Bush Hp x 1988 G13 HP.

I have seen a pheno with long tight colas.  The smells can be amazingly stinky."

5 hours ago, Bio-Stimz said:

Nice! Thanx.

Jam Bush HP? .... hmmmm

I liked the "amazingly stinky" part ; )

Yeah, me too! Idk were the "Bush" part came from. I have a pack in the fridge with the same label as your photo. Was hoping to see hear more about them before I invest.

I've seen Soraya as freebies at the same time other banks had them on the "for sale" list. Maybe the banks can choose what they list as "freebies" within the less tested lines.?. 

Guest OtisCampbell

Any lowdown on the next Bodhi drop? Unfortunately, I'll be boarding a plane right about then tomorrow .. I'll be bummed if Pleiadian Love Nest, Goji OG or BBHP drops again and I miss 'em... 9_9 

Guest OtisCampbell

Does anyone have a favorite(s) amongst the Deep Line Alchemy series? I'm not sure where to start.. the crosses are fairly esoteric. Thanks!

• Zoot pinned this topic

Archived