Ganja Ken's pheno finding adventure.

Ganja Ken

ya want to keep the moms down to about 20 max but I have a few different plant objectives as well. 

I have to find a few different strains for the other permit holders for their ailments and some powerful ones at that since they don't really get high off most types. 

Then have to find some dank, fast, high yielders for the guys too. 

Then I am looking for some phenomenal phenotypes for my breeding endeavours. I have a bunch of beans I'm waiting until I have more space to run specifically for breeding because it may require an open pollination in order to find what I am looking for from a strain. Sometimes you get lucky on the first go or two but finding that truly amazing cut often only comes after 50 beans or more.

This is kind of a way to look for all three of these plant needs while not interfering too much with the normal production flow of things. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I start smoking to much and I have a hard time getting High off a joint I switch to concentrates and or edibles for a week, then when I go back to joints I can actually get high again. Variety is the spice of life. That being said , joints, bubble hash, honeycomb and bho hard candies are the ticket for med users, at least for me and my buds anyways

now that it's summer we can sort out a few things to help ya out with those picky  permit holders lol, also after these pheno hunts were doing now ,I'm hoping my stable will be full of enough new goodies I can take a Break from pheno hunting for a bit. It's a lot of work taking care of dirt plants and I get a lot of flack over it when I'm never there lol

Yeah I just need variety of flowers and different strains depending on the time of day and I'm set. But my one buddy with MS is now wheelchair bound and man that guy has a hard time catching a buzz. He hits the shatter pen all day long, can out eat anyone I know on edibles and mostly judges flowers on taste but every now and then we get him with something haha - Black Tuna almost got cut after all the grief but he liked it so it remains haha! He's my main focus for meds the other is for anxiety/depression so am always on the hunt for a nice sativa or sat hybrid for her but as long as its not too heavy or has paranoia as a side effect she's ok.

Awesome man, that'll put a smile on their faces and mine too! 

Hope we find you something from here as well! 

Round 2

IMG_0794.thumb.PNG.b467eeea6c8df009135f6f3b8d7df322.PNG

Gorilla Snatch (2) The more phenos I have to choose from the better on these... :ph34r:

Strawberry Kush Breath (5)

W. Cookies x (GDPxCheeseDog) (5) 2 were a little green still but a germ test nonetheless

GG4 x King John (5)

King John F2 (5)

GG4 x Genius Thai Extreme (5) These ones were already split so not expecting much.

Thanks @Windycitysmoker, @Chief Kief, @Coastal for your contributions!!

9 hours ago, Windycitysmoker said:

Thank u for putting in the work

Anytime Windy.

50 minutes ago, blues147 said:

It can get depressing browsing thru these great gardens, nice work.

I have a few testers available from my last run if you are looking to pop some beans... 

Hey Ganja Ken, I think I'm here for a life time now, big thank you for the offer and perhaps some day I'll get to say thank you. My garden is full right now with a glue cross, I'll post pic's in a day or so. Again thank you for the offer!!!

No sweat @blues147

I am making up a few packs anyways so no worries man. 

This place has been good to me and I feel paying that forward when I can is essential.

:smileys-passing-joint:

I'd be pretty stoked if ya had the time to hit a branch of black tuna with a  KJ F2 male!

i sent ya three keeper moms seed, #6 was the lightest and stretchier of the keepers(13 out of 100 females) with a crazy gas nose, #8 was like the pink kush biker cut on steroids, very kushy and started to purple up nice at the end also like the pink mom, and #9 that was a fat budded frosty throw back from the john/hp side of things... rarer pheno.. less smell but big yield and greasy nice flowers... 

really hope ya like them! And very high hopes for the KJ#1 male too, he stunk of kush and def had the dominant stem from the great grand mom!

hoping that dom rec trait carries on!

Yeah man, after you described the King John male you used on the GG4 and GSC Forum I was hoping to find one just like him from the lot haha. The beans I used this time were out of the pink kush pheno I think, the bud smelled delicious - chocolatey maybe? and spilled 4 seeds out so kept them aside for this run - the rest are all mixed together and will do some again in my next run - really want a keeper King John stud around.

Most intriguing to me is if he can bring his plant structure over to the glue flowers. Now that will be a winner pheno, and shes going to be in there for sure. 

Round 1 update. Just up potted everything tonight. Well 2 China Whites will wait until they are a little bigger.

Gorilla Snatch

IMG_0804.thumb.JPG.a233e8628c9615f6c9db3f8c6e87c9d4.JPG

Deadhead x LBL

IMG_0805.thumb.JPG.d55dc3973796c2b35bed07e005b99ace.JPG

Blueberry x Bubblegum

IMG_0808.thumb.JPG.7137048659f8016c1c8521326f71d7ce.JPG

China White

IMG_0809.thumb.JPG.df82f0888a7199cf7ba9e30c5c8b732f.JPG

Quick note on Round 2:

All 5 of the GG4 x GTE beans that were already split took off and popped within 7-8 hrs.

Guess I'm gonna have a few plants on the go here. 

Ok well since I ran out of available space in the veg room I have made up a little rig to get these started. I only had one extra t5 left a while back so made up a reflector and used it before for the wife's seedlings so i 'borrowed' it back.

IMG_0834.thumb.JPG.97d6af80fb9bfda2332fbdab2caede7e.JPG

most of the seeds popped and the few that haven't will give a little heat and time. 

The GG#4 x King John were the most vigorous, the 5th was too but had already planted it..IMG_0835.thumb.JPG.6b41003c9871793bfcc7e30cae030672.JPG

Looks like some interesting strains on the go here. Have you ran the BB*BG before?

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

Yeah @gorilla ganja its getting interesting in there for sure! 

I haven't run those BBxBG's before they were gifted to myself and a buddy and we split the pack up, I am hoping to find a Bubblegum leaning male but know thats not going to come easy out of 5 beans haha, doing f2's on them for sure though.

Small Round 2 update.

Wasn't a great pop in the end but here's what came up from the dirt as of now.

IMG_0863.thumb.JPG.20af94e353a6017f96ec664980b70262.JPG

So looking like this round will be this:

Gorilla Snatch (1)

Strawberry Kush Breath (3)

King John F2 (3)

GG#4 x King John (5)

The GG4xGTE split beans all grew tails but did not take, my testers right off the plant didn't even pop so will wait a bit to try them again as well. 

Que sera, sera. 

On 2017-06-12 at 0:53 PM, Coastal said:

I'd be pretty stoked if ya had the time to hit a branch of black tuna with a  KJ F2 male!

Just caught this man, yeah I can do that for ya no problem, I only have 3 that came up this time but all were out of the pink kush pheno mom. I think you said he leaned towards himself? 

If you have pollen from him I have about 5 weeks left on the tunas so can hit a few branches asap if you like.

Guest Danky

So do you make the oil for your friend stuck in the chair now? So wait, now your popping even more Gorilla Snatch and Strawberry Kush Breathe? Dang homie, pump yo brakes lol 

@Danky

He has another grower buddy do it for him right now but we are going to start making shatter for him when we can find the right gear for the right price basically. 

Ha i only have 3 + 1 Gorilla Snatch and 3 Skb's up - all manageable haha. 

20 or so beans every 5 weeks is the goal to get through 200+ beans a year.

Quick shot of round 1 plants, had a big FI fall over and it topped 1 GSnatch and almost the same to 2 BBxBG but they all lived to tell about it aha.

IMG_0898.thumb.JPG.34d52afbb9f9a92592fa29feb0cef553.JPG

Ok we can put my white cookies cross back into Round 2 cause 3/5 came up in the end - only after cracking the husks and forgetting about them for a few days - they need a good scuff next time dor sure.

Here's the 3 beans of the cookies x along with 3 of my cross Aku Poke which is Black Tuna x (GDPxCheeseDog). i had a shit ton of preemies so popping them like mad for now - have about 100 or so good ones to go through as well but was disappointing results - systemic pm on the black tunas fucked things up.

IMG_0990.thumb.JPG.2d46f220ee0c7309bda4e9ea27e58fd5.JPG

Ok heres Round 2 seedlings in no particular order haha.IMG_0995.thumb.JPG.4e6bed1f7801719d616594af0fb7cb52.JPG

that 72 cell tray worked out pretty good so far too - I think maybe 4 clones died and theres roots on quite a few.

Archived