Tynehead Tom

Shiskabah - the making of an IBL

shaggy

@Tynehead Tom 

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply and for sharing your knowledge.:beer:it's organic have one!

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

Sitting here evaluating things with my dad and another helper and everyone is most impressed with swordfish. She's sticky as fuck and takes forever to trim because your cleaning sissors every 2 mins and has a very powerful high

there quite happy with the taste, size upbeat high of shiskabha but it doesn't have the punch or density that swordfish has, granted me and the old lady agree I did a better job with her last run, it was defiantly denser and I believe it had more crystal. Anyhow she will be run again regardless 

For comparison I threw in my ww2 due to my shity camera skills

first pict is swordfish, shiskabha, ww2

second is backwards, ww2, shiskabha, swordfish

IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3988.JPG

Tynehead Tom

very nice man ;) 

thanx for giving my beans valuable garden space and showing the results off so well, the feedback is hugely appreciated man.

My pheno of Swordfish is making me super happy as well. Nothing tastes like it and it's hits as hard as anything else in my jars and a lot harder than most.

My 4 favorites right now for flavor and top end potency and in order of preference

darlin's net, strawberry mandarina, swordfish and the purplelazerlite pheno 5 and comblue II #3 are a tie

Dmt Dream puts me on my ass though.... but it's more body than head. starts out head but then it just goes straight to the body. A very good thing as this pheno is great lower back/joint pain relief. I've come to see that one as more medicine that "pleasure: so is why it didn't make the top 4.

but ya man..... Swordfish needs to get into more folks gardens

F2's are ready :D

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Coastal

Old grampa scratch got bumped down outa your top 5?

how's the long valley compare in your mind to the newer ones? 

The tuna  kush I grew was strong as fuck so no doubt you sword fish would bring some strength! 

Tynehead Tom

@Coastal ..... oh no... I didn't mean of all time hehehe .... I just meant of what is currently in my stash of jars :D

i crave old grandpa scratch and i don't have any in jars right now. I've got cuts tho and I think ogtg2213 has a cut of her as well. She is in her own league that one. I would have pulled a crop with two nice old grandpa scratch and a big bushy long valley but with those forest fires , if you remember when we first went on alert here.... I chopped those at 3weeks into flowering, saving only the seeded Swordfish because it was full of f2 beans

Like Shiskaberry, in my garden the Long Valley Royal Kush f10 and also the Pure Royal I managed to be blessed with..... are straight up breeding material. I want to work these lines into some things. The examples I've smoked so far of the long valley females have been some of the best weed I've tasted/smoked for sure. I plan to dig deep into my seed stash this winter and go thru more long valley and break open the breeders pack of Pure Royal. 

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom

Shiskabah Pheno #4 (Ogtg2213 cut)

She's getting fatter and frostier by the day 

:monkey-with-glasses-smoking-smiley-emoticon:

Oct 9 Shiskabah #4 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Shiskabah #4 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Oct 9 Shiskabah #4 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

Tynehead Tom

This plant has real potential to be a mum for the F2 of shiskabah ...... she's just gorgeous to look at with her fall colors ...... well winter colors, it's -3C with 2 inches of snowand falling all day. 

She is darn near ripe now and is gonna get the chop in next few days.

Shiskabah Pheno #4 (1998 Shiskaberry F1 x 2015 Shiskaberry 3 f2) found in pheno hunt by Ogtg2213

Oct 14 Shiskabah #4 - Copy.JPG

Oct 14 Shiskabah #4 pic 5 - Copy.JPG

Oct 14 Shiskabah #4 pic 6 - Copy.JPG

Oct 14 Shiskabah #4 pic 7 - Copy.JPG

boyd crowder

look at all the pretty colors...

cant wait to try that sishkabah tom

Edited by boyd crowder

Sometimes, you just get lucky

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

Tynehead Tom

The next release for Shiskabah is going to be in time for spring 2018.

I'm going to give it a name change , which I'm still working on haha

Would love to see someone do a greenhouse tree grow somewhere in a more favorable climate. 

I'm workin on it ;)

so for spring 2018..... the new line up should be something like this:

Shiskabah F2 to be renamed after testing

Shiskabubba - selecting a choice male shiskabah to hit Ogtg2213's cut of what we are pretty sure is real deal pre98 Bubba Kush.

And if testers turn out good for the Bubba Royale , I've got 20 to 30 packs i could send in to GLG but might work the line for a bit before a release , we'll see.

and lastly I'll be selecting a choice male from the Swordfish F2 and doing the first BX the Black Tuna clone(P1) and I think I will knock up Ogtg2213's pheno hunt cut of shiskabah  just because I'm curious hehehe

Lots on the books and more !!!

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom

okay so an interesting thing with the greenhouse yield totals....

most of the plants in the #5 pots yielded about an ounce of decent buds and about the same in larfy budlets. Not the Shiskabah..... 2 ounce, 6 grams of decent buds and almost no larfy budlets. Comparing that to the scrog plants in 18 gallon totes...... they only yielded 4 ounce and 4.5 ounce plus about 2 ounces each of larfybudlets.

All the plants were fed the same and shared an equal environment. Shiskabah has met all my expectations for vigor, hardiness and ease of growth, that and she finished with awesome colors and is just laden with layers of frost. I have yet to smoke test these flowers but will in next few days. I can't even describe the smell..... will work on that 

i am certain now that this plant will get ran again next year full season in loads of soil ;)

I wanna also thank Ogtg2213 for testing these beans and making sure I got this cut to run this summer..... hopefully i can get another cut as my clones didn't take. I will be hunting the remaining beans and working this line hard for the next while.... potency is all there, structure and yield are a dream and ease of growth is a huge bonus..... the aromas are awesome. like funky grafefruit and mango with a creamy hashy background..... but i dunno if I'm describing it right haha. I would like to boost the flavors maybe to the citrus/fuel side of things so will see what I can come up with over here and will keep you all posted when tester beans are ready for the next rendition.

Oct 27 2017 Greenhouse Harvest Pic 21 - Copy.JPG

Oct 27 2017 Greenhouse Harvest Pic 23 - Copy.JPG

Oct 27 2017 Greenhouse Harvest Pic 24 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Coastal

Had one shishkabah female that got a few super wide thick afghani looking leaves and almost looked web on a few flower leaves and had a sharper acrid smell.anyways she didn't make the reveg, but a few volunteers started up so if they look like mom I'll keep em going... F2's i think? But maybe just fell in the pot.. I'll keep ya posted!

IMG_1091.JPG

Edited by Coastal

Tynehead Tom

Well.... the next phase of work on the Shiska is started. Dropped 30 shiskabah and 20 LMZ into germination and plan will be to keep anything worthy from those and then pop another round of the same beans and continue backing up the best until I have a good selection of females and males to narrow it down to parents for the next pairing.

I don't want to bottle neck things and a high percentage of the Shiskabah are leaning to a sweet pink grapefruit , which is a base flavor in the shisk line. One that I think a few other known breeders have used to create thier grapefruit lines..... not mentioning any names but they ain't here so all's good haha

So to avoid the potential bottle neck, the next male chosen will come from the LMZ side , which by my calculations is 70% shiskaberry but with more pheno variation than the Shiskabah. Shiskabah is a hearty vigorous, very potent and heavy yielding outcome of the first cross , with excellent resistance to cold, mold and pests. The dominant flavor though is like the F1 mum in that she carries that grapefruit base flavor , which is nice but I want to try and unlock some of those other stronger flavors. I found hints of those flavors in the LMZ so will hopefully find a nice male with those traits to pass on. We'll see.

boyd crowder

just popped afew of these shishkabah's i was recently gifted - hope they are as vigorous as those in this thread

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

Tynehead Tom
7 hours ago, Coastal said:

Wasn't shishka just dj's blueberry x with two old afghani males?

Shiskaberry was created from combining breeder steves Shiskheberry line (afghan The Red-The Yellow) I am still confused as to whether these were two afghan lines or phenotypes of an afghan line. I do know that steve was working the shiskheberry into an IBL and then introduced the DJ male to the mix.

In the F1 seed batch released in 1998 , we did find some blueberry flavours and some pheno types leaning that way but they were not the desireble phenotypes. Other phenotypes we found leaned to grapefruit , strawberry, citrus and something else. it was the something else phenos that grabbed my attention as they were heavy yielding frost giants with a smell and flavour that I found totally unique up to that point in my smoking life. My friends felt the same way and in our circles .... for years.... That cut was our favorite cannabis.

The Shiskabah is 1998 shiskaberry x 2015 shiskaberry 3 f2

Apparently Steve used Afghan the Red recombined to Shiskaberry to created the shiskaberry 3 but again.... true info is hard to find and Breeder steve doesn`t seem to be online anywhere to converse with so this is the best i can do as far as info.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 1

Bugman

looks like i missded out on the Shiskabah seeds.

i grew out some of steves sweetooth#3 x shiskaberry years back it was great ,but i lost them.

9 hours ago, boyd crowder said:

just popped afew of these shishkabah's i was recently gifted - hope they are as vigorous as those in this thread

ill be watching ,maybe some f2 in the furture

Coastal

I think he is on ig... all my old mag's burnt or I'd go back n look. I only got berry ones in the 90's and kept the sweet tooth around instead for a while. Ours was really nice lime  and solid.

Tynehead Tom

we had Flo , Sweet Tooth, Blueberry and the Shiskaberry , all the original releases. Shiskaberry was the only one we managed to get a healthy sack of beans put away before the F1's all sold out. I really liked the sweet tooth and flo , both were just awesome flavor and highs but sadly with so much going on they just didn't get preserved. 

After marc Emory pulled his crap I never trusted any beans from his catalogs and don't trust anything called flo, sweet tooth or shiskaberry unless i can trace it back directly to those F1 generation releases. I was lucky to get the seeds to sprout that I did from those old original shiskaberry beans and wish i had got more females to work with.... but I think if breeder steve sat down with me and looked thru the garden and sampled the herb..... he would be pleased with my selection process and direction.

My goal is to create a tribute to that Shiskaberry I remember so well, but with my own twist and hopefully bringing out the flavors of the cut that was so special to me many years ago. 

Once I'm convinced that the work I'm doing has indeed created a "stable IBL" , The finished product should make for outstanding breeding material for envigorating tired varieties or crossing with some of todays higher end THC laden sativas.

Tynehead Tom
3 hours ago, Bugman said:

looks like i missded out on the Shiskabah seeds.

Not sure if Boyd got those from me or another source...... I don't recall sending any out since joining z-labs.

When I was a member over on icmag , I was duped into that whole seedbay scam and the whole "donate to gypsy nirvana schpeel" or the "server fundraiser schpeel" and foolishly donated a hefty sack of Swordfish F1. Along with those I sent in 10 packs of 10 seeds of Shiskabah to be gifted to the first 10 people who ordered and paid for the Swordfish F1. The swordfish was sold in 25 packs .... and man, knowing what we know about what is in those beans... some folks got a super killer deal on some real deal killer beans. Which in the end is good I guess.

So the ONLY official release of shiskabah was those 10 packs from the seedbay deal. Otherwise they came directly from me and I did not send out very many outside of Ogtg2213 and Coastal and possibly 1 or 2 others. The rest are divided up in bulk packs to be preserved in several vaults across canada should i need them in the future.

Bugman

i know about seedbay crap,i sent in 26 packs of seeds for just 1 pack to go to a prize in a contest.

i got a pm saying they got them , then another 1 saying they lost them, then 9 mounths later  got pm asking me could i give them some info about them

WTF

anyway thats why im here  LOL

Tynehead Tom

Another thing I have going on is hunting thru the F2 beans I made with the atomic NL5 x Deep Chunk. Female #2 has strong true candy blueberry terps and was really good weed. I passed her off to a friend who is keeping her and the male used in the F2. So I'm hunting thru the F2 #2 beans in hopes of more strong blueberry terps in that classic afghani stature that deep chunk is.

If I can find the right plant in those beans, I'm going to work that into the shiskaberry F1. I think my buddy with the F1 shisk mum is hitting clones right now with Fire Alien Kush F1 pollen from a male i selected. Excited to get those beans in my mitts when they are ready. Fun times ahead indeed :monkey-with-glasses-smoking-smiley-emoticon:

shaggy

Oct 27 2017 Greenhouse Harvest Pic 24 - Copy.JPG

That is a hellava pic there @Tynehead Tom

Great structure, awesome color!

She looks meaty, frosty, nice job!

I only see 1 problem, I don't have any. :D

How long would it take by snowmobile to get from lower Michigan to northwest Canada......Just kidding.

But you never know about people, my best friend (55yrs) rode a pedal bike from Mackinac to south Texas pulling a trailer.

The  atomic NL5 x Deep Chunk cross sounds like a winner too.

Good luck hunting, may be harder than moose for a guy like you.....LOL

See ya

:5899aa396ca33_weedteddy: Shag

Edited by shaggyballs

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

boyd crowder

these are marked seedbay otlb shishkaba 10 pack - @3rdCoaster aparently laced me with some rare heat 

@Bugman pm me 

Tynehead Tom
25 minutes ago, boyd crowder said:

these are marked seedbay otlb shishkaba 10 pack - @3rdCoaster aparently laced me with some rare heat 

@Bugman pm me 

yup those are very limitted release hehehe

you could easily find a nice keeper like the one ogtg2213 found.... same one pictured here in my greenhouse.

enjoy those ;)

Hmmm ya know boyd...... if i were you I would keep a sweet stinky shiskabah male and hit up a swordfish f2 female...... could be very special 

Edited by Tynehead Tom