• Announcements

• zoot

Welcome New Members   12/23/2017

To get things started, please head over to the Welcome Section and make your first post in the  Introduce Yourself section. Once that is done you will become a Full Member with an all access pass to the Lab. If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to message any of the Admins or Site Ambassadors.
Captainmorgan

Canada does recreatioal in 2018

Ganja Ken

Cannabis CRISPR tech is already being used and there are LP’s seeking qualified geneticists to further employ them into our gene pool - it is important to note CRISPR is virtually undetectable, thus keeping track of altered genetics near impossible. 

http://cannabisgenomics.org/

Tynehead Tom

what I think is that Black Market Breeders like Chimera Research Development , are trying to get thier illegally created genetics availlable for them to use in the legal system. Seeing as Chimera/Ryan Lee/ Science officer for Santa Veritas LP in powell river, owns a catalog of genetics that would currently be deemed "illicit" ...... he would need these avenues to convert his illicit genetics to legal ones.

So ya..... for the dirt bags that made thier money off of growers who have longed for the freedom of this plant and are backed by corporate money..... ya it's a good thing. For those of us with extensive librarys and no means to get our genetics legal..... not so good.

gorilla ganja
Posted (edited)

It's amazing where the technology is going. You no longer have to grow a plant to full flower, smoke the bud and guess as to wheter it has the right ratio of cannabinoids that your after.

You can test a leaf off a seedling and determine sex, and the potential that seedling has to offer with cannabinoids. Really can shave years off a breeding program.

Probably will cost a fortune at first for these tests.

Edited by gorilla ganja

Tynehead Tom
Just now, gorilla ganja said:

It's amazing where the technology is going. You no longer have to grow a plant to full flower, smoke the bud and guess as to wheter it has the right ratio of cannabinoids that your after.

You can test a leaf off a seedling and determine sex, and the potentail that seedling has to offer with cannabinoids. Really can shave years off a breeding program.

Probably will cost a fortune at first for these tests.

I don't find that to be of benefit to the way I breed and have always done well without such short cuts. If I was studying the plant for purely medicinal reasons and the developments in science allowed for designer cannabis that was truly fashioned to benefit a specific need for a patient..... I'm okay with that. 

it's just not a side of cannabis that I care to concern myself with. Hands on with the plants tells me what i need to know.... discovering whats in the beans is the adventure.... the adventure a key component in the journey.... for me any ways.

I could care less if I am involved in making a living from cannabis though if an opportunity that apeases my conscience comes along I could be interested in working with the right kind of like minded people.

otherwise, I'm content to just grow from my stash and never spend one red cent on "legal marijuana"

Ganja Ken

Parent selection and progeny hunting.... does anything feel as rewarding? Not in my eyes haha. Its what gives me the feels about Cannabis. Knowing the industry does not want compassionate people like me in business is one thing but saying they want the genetics w/o the work taken to develop them is the ultimate showing of the cards. The size restrictions set on craft being 2000ft2 is obviously a tactic to have these craft guys need to be bought out to expand / be profitable (in business terms). Like if you are ok working your ass off in a small grow for a regulated price.... ok, but realize it will not be sustainable and if demand exceeds supply, you only lose, you do not get more $, the LP’s just get the customers you could not provide for. It’s capture by market saturation. 

@gorilla ganja, the tech is unreal though hey?

gorilla ganja

2000sqft. is ridiculous  but I would bet it's alot more than what the average grower on this site has to work with. Like you guy's said it's about selection. Hard to grow the numbers needed in a basement /spare room or closet.

Ganja Ken
Posted (edited)

@gorilla ganja agreed.

however in the business sense, I see it this way.

LP’s are building 1.2M ft2 facilities. 

Thats 0.167% of production size. And when you MUST sell to government distribution hub, the price is fixed. You do not set it, and if you do, they can and will choose cheaper elsewhere, its not about the Weed. 

Also, the deliberate removal of nurseries will dictate that space is for production not breeding. They are playing dirty. It’s modern day David vs Goliath and Goliath knows the rules....

idk. My heart is broken. I will just keep on doing what I am doing. It makes me happy. Just sad that the general public did nothing to protect their rights on this one....

we allowed the bill to pass.... silence is often times considered consent. At least in the lawmakers eyes...

Edited by Ganja Ken

gorilla ganja
Posted (edited)

Only 3200 replies on the public consultation. Sad really.

You are right tho @Ganja Ken.  It goes by the golden rule like most things. Those with the gold make the rules.

They just relaxed the rules for craft brewers only a few short years ago.But it has created a huge industry already and growing every year. Somehow after decades of being shut out by the big boys they where still able to create a niche market. Maybe the feds are trying to avoid that mistake with cannabis.

In the end it's about tax dollars, just like when alcohol was made legal during the great depression.

Edited by gorilla ganja

Tynehead Tom

ahhhhh but here's the rub..... if it "was" about tax dollars.... they would look for all kinds of avenues to create tax revenue..... which they are not really doing now are they? This form of legalization is to award the elite in the liberal party and those who helped them get where they are in thier careers. The elite liberal party is like the free masons in how they only scratch each others backs and build more liberal elite. Eventually controlling the deck that is canada via election reform and throwing thier huge ill gotten money around. The sponsor ship scandal of the previous liberal government is a prime example of this liberal elite behavior as is the information in the Paradise papers.

These people are greed mongers and it certainly isn't about the plant.... it's about locking down controll of a multi billion/trillion? dollar industry to line thier pockets , not the tax man's.

Ganja Ken

Look into who profitted from that and it fits the bill. The Bronfman’s (Seagram’s) literally wrote the book on profitting from prohibition. 

Stephen Bronfman is Liberal Party fundraiser ...

F353FAE5-3230-4E6A-B4FC-7B6F796D9F9A.thumb.jpeg.efb26e67363791f9bb9c4947b2cb7c5d.jpeg

Tynehead Tom

they would make this country into China if they could and I don't mean immigration, I mean society as a whole..... these people are full on communist dictator loving globalist gluttons.

I gotta go sit in my garden for a bit and chill out hahaha

• Like 1
  • Great Advice 1
  • Haha 3

Tynehead Tom

been thinking about our canadian situation a little more as well as some skype convos with some of the brothers. Torn between wanting to be a part of the legal cannabis community but at the same time.... feeling like i wanna go dark and take what I do back deep in the shadows to ensure everything I've worked up till now stays secure going forward. I don't need to sell weed or seeds for an income so maybe I'm taking unnecessary risks trying to build myself up as a breeder. I mean I'll never stop making seed, it's what I do..... but guys like chimera being in the LP biz..... and all that he knows about a great many canadian "black market breeders"...... my head kinda spins a little thinking about the darker possibilities of that equation. I am not the only canadian breeder with concerns about that guy ratting us out as I have had a few emails since the news came out that he teamed up with an LP.

Enoch Warlock
chi·me·ra
kīˈmirə,kəˈmirə/
noun
  1. 1. 
    (in Greek mythology) a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.
  2. 2. 
    a thing that is hoped or wished for but in fact is illusory or impossible to achieve.
    "the economic sovereignty you claim to defend is a chimera"
    synonyms: illusion, fantasy, delusion, dream, daydream, pipe dream, figment of the/one's imagination, castle in the air, mirage
    "is this great love of hers merely a chimera?"

Doesn't sound like someone I would trust!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Privacy Policy.