Gorilla Bubble BX2

Tonygreen

Guest knucklehead bob
On 3/13/2017 at 4:57 PM, Ganja Ken said:

Hi Tony, I was lucky enough to grab your last pack of GB bx2 on seedbay. I can't wait, super stoked! Everything I have heard and read speaks volumes of your work.

Firstly, I am new to GG#4 so wondering how to distinguish the glue leaners.

I was also able to pick up some Banner BX2 beans and would like to attempt that cross you speak of. My question on that is which to use as the male when I get there. 

Cheers, 

Ken

https://www.z-labs.nl/community/forum/3-introduce-yourself/    B| 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2017 at 4:02 AM, Tonygreen said:

Nice looking group! The runt is nice looking for sure. Really like that 3 too, lets see, hope ya get a good girl!

speaking about that #3 , she's a girl :D 

heck i think all 4 are girls but 2 of em are just not showing me yet. They got nubbins but nuthin defined yet.

I've never been the best at cloning despite rigid hygeine protocols of tools trays ect and doing things the same way everyone else does LOL I'm cursed that way i guess. And true to form, my cuttings of these plants aren't looking promising. This just means more veg time till i have a cut of each rooted. Might have to switch to doing air layers as i have better luck with that method it seems.

Try my fall back, stick some cutings in a baby bottle full of water. If you arent worried about time theyll pop for sure.

My RH is so low in the winter my clones struggle ha.

11 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

speaking about that #3 , she's a girl :D 

heck i think all 4 are girls but 2 of em are just not showing me yet. They got nubbins but nuthin defined yet.

I've never been the best at cloning despite rigid hygeine protocols of tools trays ect and doing things the same way everyone else does LOL I'm cursed that way i guess. And true to form, my cuttings of these plants aren't looking promising. This just means more veg time till i have a cut of each rooted. Might have to switch to doing air layers as i have better luck with that method it seems.

Clone tech so easy anyone can get 99 out of 100 to take

prep work

healthy moms

99% alcohol to clean your SHARP scissors

non powered sterile gloves   

Pre soaked 5.6 ph rockwool cubes

or Pete pucks

cut clone at 45 degree angle and Immidatly dip into rooting gel or powder

insert into cube and squish sides so that your rockwool is tight to the stem

after cloning put the humidity dome on

after 2 days start cracking the vents open

by day 7 remove the lid all together 

should see roots by day 10

helpful hints. 

Cuts won't root if the rockwool or dirt isnt touching the stem

adding a heat pad will get you roots faster but you may lose a couple to dampening off( I use heat pad in the winter set to 78 ish)

dull scissors mush the ends and they don't root nearly as well

keeping the medium to wet will take over 2 weeks to get roots

keeping the humidity done on also makes them take forever to root

cooler than 65 and they won't root either

air exposure to the fresh cut seems to make a big difference, that's why I dip them in gel Or powder right away

i keep the t-5 lights about 6" off the plants, or 2" above humidity dome, any further away and it takes longer to get roots

ya, sounds about right but still I'm cursed haha

I've been dying to flip my two darlins nets and swordfish 1 but still no roots on SW1 or DN2 , Darlins net 1 and the scoutbreaths rooted inside the 10 day window no problem. In fact, they rooted while i was away elk hunting and the wife was here babysitting. "She" got roots inside of 10 days LOL and has never grown a plant in her life hahaha go fuckin figure eh?

I press on.

1 hour ago, Tynehead Tom said:

I've been dying to flip my two darlins nets and swordfish 1 but still no roots on SW1 or DN2 , Darlins net 1 and the scoutbreaths rooted inside the 10 day window no problem. In fact, they rooted while i was away elk hunting and the wife was here babysitting. "She" got roots inside of 10 days LOL and has never grown a plant in her life hahaha go fuckin figure eh?

I press on.

Its all about the prep work imo

and not trying to give you any digs but swordfish is a champ for throwing roots by day 7, practice with those girls. 

Sometimes if the stems are hard and woody a scrape the "bark" off before I dip in gel

plants that wilt over before they root can sometimes be better without a heat mat, takes longer but you'll get roots

where do your cuts go wrong? Do they die and fall over or eat them selfs or simply not root? Stem gets mushy? Do you get nubs?  What's the issue and I'm sure we can turn ya into a clone machine. 

Guest dansbuds
1 hour ago, Tynehead Tom said:

I press on.

you & me both brutha !!!! :(

I think i just need to get back into my groove in the new place LOL

I'm fretting over every little detail and aspect of my grow rooms right now and it's getting in the way of actual gardening.

i need to get my fuggen flower on so i can crop out before my birthday end of may :D

that and there's only a 1/2 P left from my greenhouse run and i need some fresh flavors like yesterday 

I'll try and get some pics for ya's all later

cool video, love that old stuff. reminds me of reading huck finn stories as a kid.

Some trees in that video, in Ohio even. Cool history Tony

Guest gaines1016

been busy with other things and have not kept up with photos much during flowering of my bx2's.  first time growing gorilla bubble and this strain got the better of me with regards to how quickly it fills in.  kind of embarrassed by the canopy because shit is way overgrown and just toppled in on itself.  I could have gone with a shorter veg time and/or a lot more defoliation early in flower.  today is day like 72 since flip.  i will probably start cutting down the bigger more ripe tops centered under the light today and trim them up.  then as time allows take the rest of the plant as i can throughout next week.  they have been flushing for 8-9 days.  still looks like a solid crop just sloppy canopy management:)

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

Guest RockyMountainJ

Jaring her up... sticky fingers!! Loud as fuck!!

@gaines1016 looks good bro!! I was around 10wks from flip as well. Maybe day 68 or so. Get those fingers warmed up!! You got some trimming to do.... ha

So do I... back to the grind!!

Cheers

20170319_194901.jpg

20170319_194914.jpg

20170319_194935.jpg

fak me do I ever have bud envy going on over here haha then i pinch myself as in about 11 weeks I should have some bud pics of my own :D

awesome fellas.

These GB Bx2 look like pure 🔥🔥. I have chosen to wait it out for the Bx4 in the end after not pursuing seedbay order...Sketchy situation IMO. 

I will keep drooling over these beatufil ladies until after 4/20 and pop some of @Tonygreen's GB beans of my own!

Fuck seedbay. I'm not even askin em for what they owe me. If I don't get wrapped up further with those clowns it will be a miracle.

19 minutes ago, Tonygreen said:

Fuck seedbay. I'm not even askin em for what they owe me. If I don't get wrapped up further with those clowns it will be a miracle.

Yeah man thanks for saving me from that grief!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived