Gorilla Bubble BX2

Tonygreen

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow i like that .... and thanx for throwing up a BX2 thread Tony, mine are going into flower in days.

my fifth seedling.... the slow ass runty little thing..... well, recently smokin joe had posted reminding me again that good things can come from the runts so I left it be in the 1 gallon pot under the 400halide. Very slow to take up water up untill now, I'd guess about 6 or 7 weeks now from seed. I went hunting for a week an lo and behold I come back and it looks like a plant now and has some pretty neat leaves going on.

will drop some fresh pics tonight 

The runts can pick up speed once they hit the teens and do better from cut.

Can't wait to see what you find. Just seeing bx 3s in veg atm.

this one has very wavy full size leaves now and starting to develop well at the nodes. The top is also starting to show very nice vigor so I'm really glad I gave it the time you guys suggested. More and more I'm believing that the crappy results i was seeing last round in the first 6 beans i tried, was all due to a heavy infestation of thrips. My previous remedies were simply not killing the root zone cycle. Got spinosad and ever since.... boom! I am seeing the kind of plants i keep seeing pics of haha.

Dude thrips will fuck you up a lot of people dont even know ha!

Id have to dig through the Gb thread but you can see what they do to seedlings lol...

I was seeing 5 to 7 thrips on average per mature leaf throughout the garden that round in mid flower..... was cause for a tear down 

I just spinosad in veg now just to be sure since all the dirt i get around here is always full of em.

And I also heat treat the room hard after every flower and the rooted clones before i start the big veg.

Guest hicksticky

Gotta agree about seeing the runts through. ... gotten some great plants from a lil patients.. got a sour dubb s2 and  2 of GB bx2 seemed runt-ish but once the teens hit they took off..  both are females... ones got the big twisted leaves very reminiscent of the gg4 and the other a sb lemon/lime pheno.

All seating in my new breeding cab.... two 55 gallon totes, 6- 14w leds... 12v 4" pc fans blowing out and around.

20170220_021329.thumb.jpg.f47aee1804a7d2e2b3cf342f7a7fb890.jpg

Just finished harvest of a Gorilla bubble bx2 male.... great all around stud, had a nice heavy narco smell which got louder as he flowered along with large tight flower formations. .... even frosted up a bit. Got a large yeild from him considered he flowered under one 14w led.

Got some ideas on who he's gonna knock up.....making a few...  Gb bx2 f2's. ... and Strawberry cough x GB bx2... Strawberry Bubble ...Oh yeah! B|

20170205_171532.thumb.jpg.09842f0fc6351ceb4d61e4ab47980801.jpg

I'll get some new pics of the 3 females this wk end along with some of the veg pics posted now that there's a GB bx2 thread.

Oh yeah the strawberry will be great to see!

Wanted to hit the bruce banner or some other strawbs with a gb sometime but never got around to it yet.

show em if ya got em!

Slick set up! People would be surprised how much pollen can come off low watts ha.

Ray098's bx2 vegging away in some buckets.

Buckets seem to trigger her root builder trait even more and they seem to take longer to hit that sweet spot we talk about where they explode. It's like they like it so much they build roots even longer before going ha.

Bx2 bout two months old he says...

CAM00460.jpg

CAM00461.jpg

Guys, like I tell everyone to top em young also in veg trim off them big ass fan leaves they will repsond just as good as topping.

I top once or twice then bend and trim leaves, prefer it to topping.  As mentioned in Hicks thread, a good lollipop about a week to ten days before flip and taking at least the bottom half off will give ya some nice big colas. Even a bit more if you're not scared ha!

Also keep the micros high in veg or you will pay for it in the stretch with an early fade!

here's mine, last one was the runt but has doubled in size in a week LOL

Still in 1 gallons but these are going to get up potted any day now. Was gonna try topping these but might not, I really don't like topping plants, they get all wierd and gangly on me but picking fans to encourage branching i can do ;) 

these are just hitting near the 2 month mark now that i look at my calendar but vegging under 128watts T8's. The runt is the last pic.... not so runty no mo 

Gorilla Bubble BX2 #1 march4 - Copy.JPG

Gorilla Bubble BX2 #2 march4 - Copy.JPG

Gorilla Bubble BX2 #3 march4 - Copy.JPG

Gorilla Bubble BX2 #4 march4 - Copy.JPG

Gorilla Bubble BX2 #5 march4 - Copy.JPG

10 hours ago, Tonygreen said:

Nice looking group! The runt is nice looking for sure. Really like that 3 too, lets see, hope ya get a good girl!

you noticed number 3 too eh?

nice structure on it. To my eye it looks like 3 of the 4 are female but still a little early yet. Not sure about the runt. I am going to top that one I think and just let it veg to a decent bush before i do anything with it. I'm growing rather fond of it :)

Guest Viper
On 3/4/2017 at 3:57 AM, Tonygreen said:

Guys, like I tell everyone to top em young also in veg trim off them big ass fan leaves they will repsond just as good as topping.

I top once or twice then bend and trim leaves, prefer it to topping.  As mentioned in Hicks thread, a good lollipop about a week to ten days before flip and taking at least the bottom half off will give ya some nice big colas. Even a bit more if you're not scared ha!

Also keep the micros high in veg or you will pay for it in the stretch with an early fade!

i wish i would have known that a little sooner,

sorry for the late start TG,..got 3/5 a bit leggy,but i might have encouraged the stretch a bit more than it should've been,but not bad,some node spacing,but i think they're gonna fill in the space's nicely...,just reached 21 days @12hr's last friday and i never seen a strain put on the frost so soon,and they are very pungent.

i will get some pictures up later this evening....they seem not to mind hydro either.or cool nights.

Guest Viper

the short one in the foreground is a yeti,,the three taller ones are the GB all at 26 days

sorry bout the photo quality,ancient camera.the closeups are the gb,try to ignore the yeti,it's just a bystander

DSC00541.JPG.741992b346d8f8164834460f7f982359.JPG

DSC00542.JPG.5190218ff19730d4e1024edc39ac1213.JPGDSC00546.JPG.cbab5019e074792487d48116339170e2.JPGDSC00544.JPG.00468f0fb4cd1158474d1b540e849522.JPG

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00545.JPG

DSC00547.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00548.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

checkin on my runt today..... it's a male dammit LOL

lookin like I'm 3 fer 5 female but a couple more days and we know fer sure..... can't wait for those frosty nugs!!

Hi Tony, I was lucky enough to grab your last pack of GB bx2 on seedbay. I can't wait, super stoked! Everything I have heard and read speaks volumes of your work.

Firstly, I am new to GG#4 so wondering how to distinguish the glue leaners.

I was also able to pick up some Banner BX2 beans and would like to attempt that cross you speak of. My question on that is which to use as the male when I get there. 

Cheers, 

Ken

youll know em by them being taller, longer internodes, youll see a difference in sprouts from seed, single or no petiole leaf onthe hardest glue leaners, lesf twist etc.

It will be obvious to you from sprout pretty much.

I cut 4 clones of each of my 4 gb bx2 the other day , no roots yet but as soon as I get one of each rooted it's off to the bud room in #5 pots for the seed plants. Still only one confirmed female though there is signs at the nodes on the other 3 that appear maybe female , just no female hairs yet. i've been fooled before so till i see a calyx with hairs..... they remain "it's" LOL

very funky complex stem rubs on a couple of them, very nice.

Archived