Gorilla Bubble BX2

Tonygreen

Guest CannaFish

Thanks Ilynnboy!  yes they were able to finish into late november/mid december @30ºN. Jack and Beanstalk kind of trees with respectable yields. Puff Puff.

I would reckon you would need a greenhouse or light dep them in Ohio. But then again wasn't Meggs County Gold from acapulco gold stock?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meigs county is at the southern end of the state. I am at the top.

USDA hardiness zone 5 here maybe a 6-7 in Meigs county.

They are a lot closer to Kentucky and warmer winters.

Great lakes haze, my women asked me directly tonight to keep growing that strain, first time she ever said that!!!

With my two ladies one was a 9 weeker but I've only moved forward with the ten weeker.

• 4 months later...

popped my last 5 Gorilla Bubble BX2 beans.

#1 and #2 are like twins but #2 is showing side branching already

#3 kinda stalled and got funky after transplant but is coming around 

#4 is very cool .... I have high hopes that this one is a girl. It's very different that the other gorilla bubble bx2 seedlings from that pack of seeds (seedbay 20 pack from first drop)

#5 is a runt and still in it's starter pot. I'm letting it do it's thing because it is building roots and showing signs of growing.... just very fuckin slowly LOL

anyhow, here's the pics, these are around 25days from the seeds meeting wet paper towel.

01-27-2019 GB BX2 #1 - Copy.jpg

01-27-2019 GB BX2 pic 1 #2 - Copy.jpg

01-27-2019 GB BX2 pic 2 #2 - Copy.jpg

01-27-2019 GB BX2 #3 - Copy.jpg

01-27-2019 GB BX2 #4 - Copy.jpg

01-27-2019 GB BX2 #5 - Copy.jpg

Btw guys. I offered in the ic thread. If anyone has 35g floating around of gb and is willing to try an icmag 420 cup entry this year ill offer up some packs of beans for the trouble. I got some unreleased gear too.

Dans sent in his extinct gb 4 cut one year but it got lost in the mail. Turned him off of trying again.

If this ptk comes out fire i might give it a shot but its all i got going atm so crapshoot ha.

Just thought id throw it out there. 

I got the orange gb coming next then an animal cookie project with ganja ken planned. Second half of the year im gonna do a gb run with two or three new variants so if not i might try next years cup.

Planning gb bx4 f1s, Gb bx4 s1s for my original road map and might do a bx5, a bunch have been asking for it,  if i get a verified cut again well see. (I dont see a reason to bx5 but i dont mind makin it for the ones who been supporting so we'll see, maybe theyre right and its worth it ha)

7 hours ago, Tonygreen said:

Thats cool. I had several tell me 20 even.

I got those when Clarence was still on top of things. I know that is all a sore spot so I will move on 😉

I did make some F2's with my previous keepers so have lots of beans to play with. Next order from GLG I'll have to grab some BX4 or that combo pack looks interesting as well.

Will update again when these show sex.

update..... day 30 from sprouting

I forgot to take pics of the runt but it is still growing and producing leaf sets.

#1 looks like it has the internodal spacing of a male

#2 is nearly a twin to #1 as far as leaves and vigor go. Same stem rub smell as #1 too. They both seem to represent what I've come to expect GB to look like. #2 has the most advanced branching so far and is setting up to be a real nice structured plant. I' hoping it's a female and judging by it's looks I'm leaning that way.

#3 has had some strange growth to it since it started life. It was almost a run and then normalized but each new leaf set is very crinkled until it matures and then normalizes. Interesting plant with nice node spacing.

#4.... my favorite. I think this one must lean to the sour bubble side because it looks different. it has some real strong smells and sparkly leaves. It has very thick leaves too and the whole plants seems chunky and robust. Starting to branch too which is nice to see. I am hoping it's a girl too.

anyways , couple or so weeks before these show any signs but here's a 30 day pic update.

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #1a - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #1b - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #2a - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #2b - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #3a - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #3b - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #4a - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #4b - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #4c - Copy.jpg

i forgot to post pics of the runt. I'm not giving up on it because it's really frosty.

Slowly growing in it's own miniature way but it is showing daily progress.

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #5a - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #5b - Copy.jpg

02-05-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #5c - Copy.jpg

3 hours ago, antheis said:

preface: never grown a G bubble bx just going off of info on forums.

arent' the runts just sour bubble expressions and usually fan faves?

Ya same here man, I've read lots of the forums about certain lines producing runts with amazing terps and effects. They might not be production type plants but special in thier own ways. I usually let runts grow until there just is no point in wasting time unless... like this one here.... it does show daily progression and "normal" appearance.

This one sprouted normally and then sat still for a few days and then just started growing very slowly and it looks like it might not be processing nutrient properly but who knows these things.

Mostly I'm just curious to see what it does but not sure if it means it is a sour bubble dominant seedling. It shows more typical GG leaf shape and has some twistyness showing up that is a marker for the GG influence.

I think plant #3 and #4 are sour bubble leaners and #1 and #2 and more what I've come to expect Gorilla bubble to look like.

• 2 weeks later...

little update.

i was gonna kill that runt but decided to just leave it be and gently water it along. Well, I got a soft spot for the runts LOL and it is still around.

It kinda got some legs in the past week and increasing vigor with size. Leaves are kinda normalizing as well so it is gonna stick around till it shows sex anyways.

When I popped the previous 5 seeds before these , last year, I got all males , this time I hate to say it but I'm not seeing any females yet either. #1, #2 and #3 have the formations of sex parts forming but still a bit early. However... too my eye I'm seeing pods not calyxes. We'll see, probably need another week for sexing.

I pulled plant #3 because it has all the markers tony talks about, single petiole leaf, lots of typical leaf twist and the real nice symetrical branching with decent node spacing and uniformity. It's a real nice plant that looks like it should be a girl..... but i dunno I been fooled before.

1st 4 pics are the "one" i'm praying is a female as it might be useful in @Tonygreen's DH project and I really need another gorilla bubble girl around hehehe

last pic is the runt showing some potential afterall 🙂

02-20-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #3 pic 1 - Copy.jpg

02-20-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #3 pic 2 - Copy.jpg

02-20-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #3 pic 3 - Copy.jpg

02-20-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #3 pic 4 - Copy.jpg

02-20-2019 Gorilla Bubble Bx2 #5 pic 1 - Copy.jpg

LOL @Tonygreen , it was a 23 pack and I got mostly girls out of the first 3 seed pops. Figures the males were hiding on the back end hahaha

It's the way it goes brother, heaven forbid I might have to buy another pack or 2 😄 .....

:5899aa31ab92f_Chimpaughinggif:

Im thinking of starting a line with an outcross of the sb leaners.

Also JW sent me a pack of gg4 bx6... Maybe x gb bx4 just to have a look.... End of year a new gb release of some sort or 4-20 next year at the latest. Idk itll come to me when the time is right.

Two separate familial lines inbred separately then recombined is a Tom Hill scheme. May as well do it while i have the opportunity. Life is short.

I had the opportunity to grow out a GB a few years back, got  4 beans and only 1 was a fem, didnt have space to keep the dudes.

But I'm hoping to get some more, I really enjoyed the grow and the overall goodness.

Thanks @Tonygreen

gbgbgb.png.032d47e70f11650c5fcc52b42398d1e9.png

• 10 months later...

Well here's my hopefully girlie,I can see some pistils starting to poke out I believe,will get a better look maybe later today or tomorrow...🤞🙏:smoking-a-joint-smiley-emoticon:

IMG_20191222_170548816.thumb.jpg.8c6ca39bc478d7d21e5d8468cd52e224.jpgIMG_20191222_170531316.thumb.jpg.3e0942c816a6f713098ec35997af21d0.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived