Well since I have yet to start a log on here I figured it’s about time. Still setting things up and my setups are about 50% complete. I will be doing some soilless as well as RDWC grows . I have my small (4 x4) Veg tent setup minus some automation and without the exhaust or anything on yet , getting a feel for where I need to be temp/humidity wise ,so I threw a few little starts in there. They were added to the cups about 20 hours ago so technically just starting life.  I will be starting a whole grip more in the next 2/3 weeks as well. Anyone that chooses to thanks for watching, aaannd welcome to the show.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Just added my cool mist humidifier, humidity stabilizing at 68 now, temp 77 , will add heat mats for radiant heat factor shortly. 

• Like 4

For those that don’t know I very recently (beggining of the month) moved to a new home after 15+ years in my last one (Long, sad, story). I am still in the process of setting up my new grow space, but it should be handled by the end of the week. I’ve been growing soil and soilless for many many years and have recently (2 years) switched to mostly RDWC. I will be utilizing both soilless/koko and RDWC  as I also like to keep mothers from my pheno hunts. 

Edited by TopShelfTrees
  • Like 6
  • Nice Job 1
18 hours ago, TopShelfTrees said:

Well since I have yet to start a log on here I figured it’s about time. Still setting things up and my setups are about 50% complete. I will be doing some soilless as well as RDWC grows . I have my small (4 x4) Veg tent setup minus some automation and without the exhaust or anything on yet , getting a feel for where I need to be temp/humidity wise ,so I threw a few little starts in there. They were added to the cups about 20 hours ago so technically just starting life.  I will be starting a whole grip more in the next 2/3 weeks as well. Anyone that chooses to thanks for watching, aaannd welcome to the show.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tuned in.🧐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome all.🙏🏻 Thanks for tuning in.  Seedlings are :

Double Kush regs from A Natural Selection. 

Ma Gooey x Death Star from @dragboatjeffy

Have yet to run any genetics from Bad Dawg or ANS so I’m looking forward to seeing what both have to offer. With the number of BD packs I’ve obtained and the incredibly intriguing strains and crosses they put out consistently I’m sure it will not be my last. I also have extremely high hopes for this Double Kush as it’s supposedly basically Pre-98 with a better yield and added colour. Bubba has been a staple for me as long as I can honestly vividly remember. A truly world class indica that is hard to beat for me , by ANYTHING. and the majority of it’s progeny are mostly just as intriguing and tend to hold that Bubba deliciousness throughout in 90% of cases. I’m glad I’ve been welcomed into this family (Z-Labs) with open arms and appreciate each and every one of you, in time I assure you you’ll most likely get sick of me. Apologies in advance

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Things are moving along just as they should, just started giving micros yesterday. Can see the big fat bubba-ish leaves starting on the double Kush. Have one runt in the MGxRAB 

D4797DFD-BEF9-437F-8031-5123D1F9B858.jpeg

86999AD3-4BB8-40DE-9860-F261E6CB5F71.jpeg

61C36330-CAC6-4099-90C4-A16E0B8DF1EA.jpeg

• Like 5

Hope to find a mom to replace my long lost love , my all time favourite my pre-98 mom I had for 5 years, should have f2 or S1 but we always think we have more time. Never EVER again will I leave myself without a backup of my gems 💎 

• Like 5

Verdant Green made some fantastic S1 beans of the Pre 98. They might still be available but are overseas.

There was 2 different Bubba Kush going around at the street level between say 2005 and 2010 here out west in BC. One was very good with excellent flavor and too me it was is known as the pre 98. The other was special and when our favorite dealer Dan the Man in surrey reloaded with that bubba kush he always texted everyone of his clients. He called it Bubba D and it's origins or who was growing it were always a mystery. Pretty sure the BC Pink Kush must have been a cross to the Bubba D I mention as the two are very similar but the pink a little more gassy.

I do have access to the the pre 98 but when I ran it side by side with my keeper from the Verdant Green stock , I liked the selection I made from those seeds better than the actual p98 cut that is in circulation here out west. Extremely similar though..... but the S1 I chose carries a bit more of the mouth coating creamyness that I love Bubba kush for.

I was hoping in my own breeding work, to cross the S1 with a few different lines to see if something like the Bubba D shows up. 

anyways...... gonna tag along in this thread if ya don't mind hehehe:share:

• Like 6

Would be honoured my friend @Tynehead Tomi had a verified cut of the Berger Pre-98 for 5-6 years, was still is one of my favourite smokes of all time, and as for medicine, it was 1 of 2 strains (both of which I lost in the same fiasco a few years back) I have been searching for the real deal or something similar SINCE no joke! Chem-Jones or Chemmy Jones is the other. I’m not kidding I could smoke REAL pink Kush , Bubba and Chem-Jones for the rest of my life, they are the perfect PERFECT 3 strains for me and go figure I had acquired 2, lost them, never made F2’s or s1’s devastatingly and the pink Kush….. I don’t even wanna start on that, I’ve been looking for a bomb cut and or beans for even longer, had Barney’s for a bit but was nothing like the pink I’m used to! So I’m constantly growing stuff that doesn’t come close and I end up paying (top dollar) for killer pink Kush and Bubba cuz Chem Jones i can’t even obtain flower of anymore. Needless to say if I ever find what I’m looking for I’m instantly preserving them and they will never leave my hands! This is the reason I started getting into seeds more instead of moms/clones like I’d always just kept .

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

@Zettdo you go by the same name on other sites? Tbh I’m really only active in one other. As I found it before z labs and have found it to be not bad , most others are terrible tbh. That’s why I love this place. The realness and the kindness and just plain old good people, my kinda place

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, TopShelfTrees said:

@Zettdo you go by the same name on other sites? Tbh I’m really only active in one other. As I found it before z labs and have found it to be not bad , most others are terrible tbh. That’s why I love this place. The realness and the kindness and just plain old good people, my kinda place

@TopShelfTrees I could call myself whatever I want on other forums. How many posts before one of you "outed" me. 2 posts. 2 sentances?

"He thinks he's sneaky, going by Catfish just isn't gonna get it done"

• Like 4
3 hours ago, TopShelfTrees said:

Yea usually Zett or Zett66 if Zett is already "stolen" 

I see you on RIU and I think also on OG ?

• Like 2

Ya RIU sucks! But OG is actually a decent place IMO from my experience anyway. The trolls/dickheads usually get weeded out within a day max if they make their way through. Feels somewhat similar to here, just nowhere nearly as close knit

Only reason I even stay on RIU is their Bodhi thread AND two people who I’ve become close with that literally only use RIU. I’ll get em over here eventually though, trust me 😉 

• Like 3
  • Great Advice 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

@TopShelfTrees I could call myself whatever I want on other forums. How many posts before one of you "outed" me. 2 posts. 2 sentances?

"He thinks he's sneaky, going by Catfish just isn't gonna get it done"

True that brother 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I feel as though I’d be In the same predicament @crownpoodlemy wording and even my….. I use way too much for to much lol would give me away. I use dot dot dot dot after sentence and such alot, and then people are either no title, my friend, bro or brother. All of those among other things I feel someone would instantly be like “who you think you’re foolin’”

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, TopShelfTrees said:

Ya RIU sucks! But OG is actually a decent place IMO from my experience anyway. The trolls/dickheads usually get weeded out within a day max if they make their way through. Feels somewhat similar to here, just nowhere nearly as close knit

Only reason I even stay on RIU is their Bodhi thread AND two people who I’ve become close with that literally only use RIU. I’ll get em over here eventually though, trust me 😉 

Yea I also jusy follow a few breeder specific threads like the Bodhi and other. Im definitely most active here, but Im on RIU, OG, IC MAG, GRASSCITY, and also signed up for Breedbay because Bodhi recently advertised for it. He is actually online on that one regular. I usually just follow a few threads on each forum with good peeps

• Like 3