Seed poppin and pollen tossin..... the adventures continue

Tynehead Tom

• 3 weeks later...

So it's harvest time!! 

Only 5 plants to take down so not a big pile of work. Regardless my wife had to do all the chopping and hanging and when it's ready to be paper bagged she will bring it in for me to do in the living room hehehe Be a while yet before I get the green light to start using crutches.

Here are a few nice pics she took of a few flowers before they got the axe. 

The following few are all G-Unit from @Tonygreen's Tortured Beans. There are 4 altogether and 3 colored up with reds and purples while the 4rth just yellowed out with no color. She was the heaviest yielder of the 4 though my wife said.

DSC07224 - Copy.JPG

DSC07218 - Copy.JPG

DSC07223 - Copy.JPG

DSC07222 - Copy.JPG

DSC07216 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2
  • Nice Job 1
  • Yummy 3

and from 5 beans of @dragboatjeffy's Bad Dawg Genetics  Run Away Bride I got this spectacular crimson and purple specimen that is just caked in frost. I'll be popping more of those beans as soon as I'm able to fit them in.

And these are freebies...... amazing.

DSC07220 - Copy.JPG

DSC07227 - Copy.JPG

DSC07219 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2
  • Nice Job 2
  • Yummy 2

Looking great my friend! Been dying to see/hear anything about g-unit as I have a pack shelved atm. And the runaway bride is another prime example of epic freebies from DBJ ! Awesome work brother

• Like 3

@Coastal not sure how much is gonna go on in the greenhouse this year. I finally got the logging done on the property that I have been dying to get done since we bought the place. The faller was here in early march and dropped 28 trees so now the greenhouse gets full sun in the early morning which equates to 14 hours of full sunlight this time of year. It would be a great season to do the light dep thing with the plants getting 12 hours of full sun instead of the 9 to 10 they were getting in previous years. Problem is ....1) I'm not mobile enough to get it done this year and the wife isn't that dedicated to the garden hehehe. On top of that we will be having contractors in during most of July digging a 250 foot trench down the property for laying drain tile and then 3 or 4 loads of gravel are coming in for the driveway resurface (no concrete driveways here) and I am having a large area behind the house from my shop over to the greenhouse and attached shed area. The entire area including around the 3,  4x8 planter beds outside and inside the greenhouse will be topped with gravel.

Maybe I will try and get some before and after pics. Once the drain tile/big O pipe is in another crew is coming to build me a 80 foot rock retaining wall in a straight line from my shop down the property in a straight line, level with the shop floor. The we will be getting some quality farm soil from down in Ladner BC to fill in the area behind the shop that will be bordered by the rock wall. It will all make sense in the after photos if we get it completed this year. Essentially we are building a level garden area somewhere in the 60 to 80ft x 40ft kinda dimensions but need to do quite a bit of work to get it all level as the property dips and slopes a bit even though walking on it 'feels' level LOL

fun times!!

I am pondering reloading the flower room though..... we will see.

@TopShelfTrees so far the G-unit seem to be fairly GB dominant but the smells are kicked up a notch by the Sowah male. I haven't tried any samples yet of the G-Unit or the Runaway Bride but will be ready to test out in a few days I'm guessin. Going for a nice slow dry in the hanging room and giving these girls the love that they need hehehe. One of the g-units had a bit more reek to it than the other 3 and from looking at the pics my wife took before chopping , it also seemed to have the fattest flowers over all. It is the one that didn't show any reds or purples in the fade. That one I got my wife to leave the bottom 4 branches on and moved it to the 24hr room under the 600bspec. Gonna try and reveg that one I'm thinkin as I took no clones from these plants. Silly me !

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

So quiet around these parts..... where are all the labs members hiding?

anyhow.... few more weeks till i can get around on crutches but I've got my brother here for a few weeks to give me a hand because my window for making seed this summer is rapidly closing. I gotta get the plants cloned and flowering ASAP.

So .... I've been going thru Bubba Royale beans and I think I have found the mother for doing an S1 release.

She is so vigorous and responded really well to topping and stripping. The Bubba leaves are apparent but the structure is just awesome. Her stem rub smells like a tire fire with a sweet funk in the background. Same stem rub was on the keeper female from the first long valley royal kush run I did. She was off the scale and but was a finicky bitch and hard to clone. 

This momma right here has survived the winter gauntlet of an incredible mite infestation, extreme low humidity, high humidity, drought, overwatering, rootbound.... the whole nine yards. I've been reading how guys like Bodhi have stress test areas for their potential breeding stock and I am trying to practice the same during my winter indoor time which last from november to June when I can put plants out to the greenhouse around the 10th

Anyhow..... I have 3 Bubba Royal females to flower out but this one right here will be spawning the S1 I think. I'll see how easy she wants to clone and go from there. Surprises me that there are still Bubba Royale seed packs still at GLG..... grab em while you can because once this girl gets flowering and folks see her potential..... and the potential in those seeds.... they won't last long LOL

My brother is taking pics for me and I only got the one pic of the Bubba Royale momma 1

07-01-2022 Bubba Royale - Mother1 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 1

Then there are the Fraser Valley Blueberry HP x Dr Atomic Blueberry Northern Lights

I popped most of the sack I got from @coastal and subjected them to the same torture tests all winter. I think overall I popped 26 or 28 seeds and had 14 females and the rest males. I kept 4 males initially and all the females and kept them in 1 gallon pots from December to April..... They also got subjected to near freezing temps and low light while at the same time being in the small pots 'and' an incredible mite infestation.

Some of these plants began to flower under 24hr light from the stresses..... only the plants that did not auto flower and only the plants with sticky stems and berry smells were kept. That gave me 2 males and 5 females by the end of May. The three females that withstood the winter torture run and bounced back to healthy growing plants below and above the soil as soon as favorable conditions were given to them..... are these 3 right here. The 2 males are still at the end of the torture testing and I will get a pic of those so you can see how brutal their lives have been since I sprouted them in december.

Here's the gals..... and again, thank my brother for the pics haha

He would sign up here but he just doesnt do social media or discussion forums.

07-01-2022 FVBHP x BBNL 3 - Copy.jpg

07-01-2022 FVBHP x BBNL 1 - Copy.jpg

07-01-2022 FVBHP x BBNL 2 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 2
  • Nice Job 1
  • 9 months later...

been awhile since I updated this thread eh?

Getting everything ready for the greenhouse this year though we are still in the clutches of winter as it tries to be spring out there.

As I do every year on 4-20 I made my last seed pop of the season in preparation for sumer time light dep fun in the greenhouse.  Here's the one's that got chosen 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.a7829f4c9773cb8d979a536fc475610a.jpeg

Hit my post office today and got a 420 care package from a grower who I know through a non weed site. A couple years ago I gifted a friend a package of @Smokin Joe's Darlin's Net when it was listed with Ninefold at GLG. Well him and all his friends have been growing plants from that pack of seeds ever since. It is literally thier can not do without strain. So the grower I gave the seeds to shared the genetics and one of those growers sent me this care package with a hefty ounce plus of Slurricane flower.... another pack of flower called Big Bubble and this ridiculous "pack" of Darlin's Net S1 beans..... Kinda stunned when I saw that come out of the box LOL.

@Smokin Joeif you want any of these..... let me know brother!!

image.thumb.jpeg.af277594bc234bb7d63c554f3e4cd100.jpeg

• Like 3

Something's in the air @Tynehead Tom. The levels of generosity and appreciation are exceeding what I think of as normal. I've had multiple packages to me like that. I've been trying to do what I can with my outgoing packages as well. Some of what I have received were beans special to me, but also some that were special to the sender. 

Ranger. 8 months. Learning about soil.

received_3639366542958622.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Nice Job 1
11 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

@Smokin Joeif you want any of these..... let me know brother!!

I see now I misunderstood your post over at OG.

I thought smokinJoe made those.

10 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

special to me, but also some that were special to the sender. 

I like special.....

Speaking of special....What a cute kid.

Already wearing the surfer choker too.

• Like 3
On 4/22/2023 at 10:13 AM, shaggy said:

I see now I misunderstood your post over at OG.

I thought smokinJoe made those.

I'm trying to remember the z-labs user name of the guy who I shared some Darlin's net F2's with.... We know each other from an unrelated forum that has a small cannabis thread in it's off topics section. Anyways he has a small circle of friends that aren't really into being on forums. I think most of them just grow in tents within the confines of our 4 plant recreational plant limits (per household). 

So early on after he popped some of those seeds , he shared a cut with me from those F2's that I had made. I called that cut "Six Gun" for reasons I won't get into but it relates to that guy's handle on the site we know each other from.

Anyhow...... fast forward a couple years and another grower on that site connects with me and we did a seed swap. I was blown away by the generosity and knowledge of this new grower in the mix and that relationship grew into a trust. So now we regularly swap flower, seeds and I'm going to meet up soon and trade some cuts.

Well back to the Darlin's...... the first grower, who was a member here for a little while, well him and his small circle are such fans of the darlin's net that they passed it between themselves and went through all the seed and made some seeds of thier own after stumbling through the learning curve of what that entails. Seed batches were very small and I didn't aquire any of those but they did send me that Six Gun cut and I have posted it in my grow threads in the past. Anyhow, grower number 2 had been making his own seeds and is in the deeper end of the pool when it comes to breeding his own autoflower lines. At the same time he has perfected his use of STS to make feminized seed. Somewhere along the line grower 1 and grower 2 swapped some darlin's net .... either F2's from me or thier own F3's or it could have been the Six Gun cut...... but a Darlin's net reversal was done at some point early last year and I was surpised as hell to get those seeds because there was no conversation about it with me up until that moment LOL

Apparently a friend of grower number 2 grew out some of these S1 seeds and got one plant that topped the 1 pound mark outdoors here in BC ..... though a few hours south of me in a better climate than mine.

So that's the story on those. I still need to find out the nitty gritty details because I think that grower number 1 also bought packs of the Darlin's after getting into the F2's I made.

These are going to be held "very" tight but if the inner circle here wants some I don't have any problem sending them out. This is afterall one of @Smokin Joe's creations and I wouldn't have made S1's (personally) without talkin to him first.

• Like 1

So another year has slid by..... since spring anyways. It was pretty much a year ago that I crashed the 95 cherokee. Healed up pretty good but I get a lot of tension headaches and I've begun getting migraines again ever since that crash. Sucks balls. If you suffer migraines you know what I mean.

Anyhow.... enough about that.

I have a plate that has never been fuller going in to this season and what i think is a epic line up for my breeding plans and to stuff my stash jars with in the fall 😉

I honestly did not think my greenhouse would survive it's 6th year with the snow load we had this year. It did though but it is in need of some repairs hehehe. Just the lower plastic on the one side that acts as a privacy barrier on that side.  So I got some repairs to do. I will probably replace the entire right hand side lower area with black white poly and clean things up a bit. I wanted to gravel the inside of the greenhouse but I am broke as fuk so this garden will be on the budget.

Lucky for me I have unopened bags of bonemeal, crushed oyster shell and sheep manure as well as 1/2 bags of gypsum and dolopril. I have about 300 gallons of recycled soil all broken up in a pile on a tarp and will soon be sifted for root material. Then I will add the ammendments, mycos and water it all in with Hygrozyme/molasses , covering it all with a black tarp so it can cook for 3 weeks.

then the fun begins!!!

the Line up will be going like this:

-2017 shishkaberry (selections from 4 staggered seed pops starting in January)

-Long Valley Royal Kush 30 seed pheno hunt

-Biker Kush V1F3 30 seed pheno hunt

-Mikado x Tropicanna Cookies <F2>

-Scoutbreath (last of my original seeds from chunky's bagseeds)

-Fire Ogkb F2

-Gorilla Bubble BX2

-Fruity Pebbles OG F4

-Stat Line S1

-Slurricane S1

-Darlin's Net S1

-GG4 S1

-OGKB 2.0 clone

-LUI x G13

-90's Blues

-Grape Pie

-G13

-88g13hp

-Bubba Royale

-Horny Horse Cherry Red Shitfest

- and a Humbolt Afghani if I can get it to finally start reveggin properly after spending the whole winter in stasis.

anyhow...... that's the summer plan..... going to be an epic run fulls of buds and beans !!!!!

and @texasjackhere are some crappy pics of the G13(reeferman) and Rude Dog from the beans you gifted me a while back 😉

2023-04-29 Rude Dog S1 - Copy.JPG

2023-04-29 Reeferman G13 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 4

@texasjackhere are some better pics of the reeferman G13 and the Rude Dog

sadly my Rude Dog clone didn't make it but I have more seed 😉

These are on day 21 of flower today

Three pics of each and first and second are before thinning out and after thinning out.

G13

image.thumb.jpeg.191c5e1735ecd0a790f21882eef1b1b3.jpeg

2023-05-02 Reeferman G13 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

2023-05-02 Reeferman G13 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 4

and the Rude Dog S1

this site keeps puttig the pictures out of order LOL.... at least they aren't coming up sideways 🙂

So this shows after thinning first this time because I can't seem to change the order of the pics 

2023-05-02 Rude Dog pic 3 - Copy.JPG

2023-05-02 Rude Dog pic 2 - Copy.JPG

2023-05-02 Rude Dog pic 1 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom
  • Like 4
  • Nice Job 1

ya @crownpoodle I am really liking the rude dog. 

From the few pics and discussions I have seen on this one, I am eager to have it in jars all cured up and ready for  a rolling paper hehehe

So.... The shishkaberry 3f2 I have going in my other thread were harvested yesterday and that made room for some plants to go into flower right away instead of saving them for the greenhouse. So I moved a 90's blues, Schromba, Bubba Royale and 88G13HP into the flower room. Just figured it was a waste of light and power to just flower the 3 remaining plants for another 5 to 6 weeks so I decided to give them some company 😉

The older plants are at day 22 today so I think I will pull out some BOG Blue Kush F1 pollen from dougdawson at overgrow. I'm going to do a bag in branch pollination on the G13. Won't make a ton of seeds but might be a fun cross? 

my male collection are going to the 400W flower chamber in one of my outbuildings and they are going straight to 12/12 so I can evaluate and collect pollen from the studs that will make up my seed harvest this fall.

Going to mix up some STS stock solution as well because I am going to S1 the G13, the OGKB 2.0 and a Grape Pie , running them in the 400W chamber along with the males.

gonna get crazy up in here right quick. Last summer's greenhouse mantra was "all killer, no filler" and that worked out really well. I have about 3/4 pound left in pint jars and that will tide me over till the indoor comes down.

So this years mantra is all about working the lines, selection, and keepers going into my indoor cycle in the fall.

I have a plethora of crosses and such on the list so I'm pretty excited for this season.

hope everyone's spring planting is going well!!!!

• Like 2
  • Nice Job 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So..... things are moving right along in the strawberry patch.

Got a bunch of plants spending daytime outside it's been summer like weather here for days and the plants are loving it.

I've got plants in all stages right now and it's been a juggling act cycling over 100 plants through that 7.5 x 7.5 veg room let me tell ya. Thrips have really gotten out of hand with the increasing temps but I'm starting to win.

I'm going to be on top of those fuckers from here on out..... on the bright side I don't see any mites yet LOL

In other news..... I took in some clones from a trusted friend ..... rooted BC Pink Kush and Oreoz and unrooted Chem D and GSC. I had to go clear across the country for the Pink Kush...... I've only been after it for 5 years...... hmmm

But its here now and will be heading right into my breeding program after I get some clones.

Excited for this season as I have increased my plant count which gives me more room to properly pheno hunt my lines. I might not release beans as often as other breeders..... but no one can say I don't work and stress the shit out of the stuff I do breed with .

So my summer plant line up is complete, seeds are put away and I dunno if any other clones are coming in but here is what I'm running with

Clones

OGKB 2.0

Oreoz

GSC

Pink Kush

G13bx

Rude Dog

Grape Pie

Chem D if they root

S1 seeds

Darlin's Net

Slurricane

GG4 (useful)

Stat Line

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

Regular seeds

Long Valley Royal (30 plant pheno hunt)

Shishkaberry (40+ seed pheno hunt with 7 females/3males kept so far and 8 plants to sex still)

Biker Kush V1 F3 ( 30 plant pheno hunt, culled to 17 so far)

Scoutbreath (last 5 beans)

Fire OGKB F2

Mikado x Tropicanna Cookies <f2>

Gorilla Bubble Bx2

Fruity Pebbles OG f4

90's Blues

LUI x G13

Gonna be a busy summer for me ..... hope the back holds up LOL

Gonna do a few in totes like I usually do but this year everything else is going in 7gallon pots instead of the #5's from last year. Might use the 2 wheel dolly to move them all for light dep though 😉

Things will get interesting in a couple weeks when everything transitions to the greenhouse on June 10th.

Stay tuned!!

• Like 1