(Sherb IX x Biker Kush)xGB BX5

crownpoodle

This is 2 weeks into flower, taken 4 days ago. 7 gallon pots. Roots Organics Lush, with additional perlite, compost, and worm castings. Nothing but ph'd water with yucca extract since transplanting to 7s so far. I did not top these and I might wish I did. They're stretching like crazy! They went from 17-18" to 33-35" in 14 days! I hope that slows down. Saw what I thought was a little light burn, so I raised them up another 6", or 15.24cm for my metric friends. 

20210811_160724.jpg

Week 3. Did a good (I hope) defol. All the blocking bud sites which are developing nicely, plus a bunch of lower stuff and any leaves that got toasted before I raised my lights. Which I need to do again along with some bondage. 2 seem to have stopped or slowed way down stretching. The other one grew almost 5" since Friday. 0816210902_HDR.thumb.jpg.227fb36567e2f4e60d96c8ee70c2a89f.jpg

0816210902_HDR.jpg

Looking great! That is some good airflow right there. I want to just let one go natural with no training (just defol) one of these days. 

@Cannaburter I burned up 2 Secret Jardin oscillators. Grow store guy had a pile of returns. One quit, one got scary hot! Now I have 2-12" non-oscillators in opposite corners on the floor, and a 6" up high. Cloudline T6 for air removal. Sometimes I have a hard time with lights off humidity so I just blast them. Makes for some stout branches. 

Just ordered a T4 for my veg tent. 

Looks like a little nute burn on some leaf tips. Which is odd as I haven't given them anything. I thought if the soil was hot it would show when they were small. Not a problem, l just interesting. I can tell I'll need to support these somehow. I need to get something set up sooner than later or I won't have room to get in there. My access isn't great when they're small to start with. I raised the lights another 3", but that's it. Unless I want to put my exhaust fan outside the tent. That's not going to get enough more room to bother.  43" on the tall one in back. If she keeps going I'll have to cut some off. Can't have my light getting her smoking before I get a taste. 

20210818_163105.jpg

20210818_163051.jpg

Week 4. Seems my Roots Organic Lush can't hang for the long run. Or these girls are ravenously hungry. Not exactly sure what's deficient, but it came on quick. All the older leaves, all 3 plants. New growth is ok. Not thrilled having to feed these so soon. I was anticipating having to later, just not now. Yesterday I gave them some Cal-Mag and DynaGrow Bloom. That's what I could find in the shed. Today I top dressed with some seabird guano. I noticed the beginnings if something when I topped off the pots with FFOF, worm poop and compost. My soil has settled a lot?

They've grown enough I had to bend one, that needs more bending! The other 2 are ok. Can't go up on the light anymore. 

Pots are 7 gallon. Been giving them 3 gallons of just water w/yucca every day now. Now to watch the new growth to see how it does.

0823211648_HDR.jpg

0823211647_HDR.jpg

0823211647.jpg

Week 5. I think they've finally stopped stretching. Stripped some tired leaves. I've got some kind of deficiency, but I'm not chasing it at this point. I'm sure I'd be wrong anyways. Since last week besides H2O, they got compost tea, a lite dose of Cal-mag, and Dynagrow bloom. I'll take and post some photos off the phone tomorrow. Maybe next time I'll take photos, then start typing.

Must have kicked a cord or stepped on it. Lost power to me exhaust fan. Heat had kicked up to 93 for maybe a couple hours at most. They look tired now but I think I'm ok. They weren't dry so not too bad. Alarms don't work with no power. 

The last shot shows the suspect Nutrient issue. Like I said, at 5 weeks I'm not chasing it with any big treatments. Unless one of the brain trust here says "Dude! It's just ...Foliar feed it a mix of xyz". For personal knowledge I would like to know. My guess is K, Ca, Mg, but more likely a combination of all 3. All 3 were addressed in my basic feeding. 

0901211516.thumb.jpg.a4827178f444770c0d7d4d6463b0845d.jpg0831211636.thumb.jpg.866a134a18f90317080435603d67cf79.jpg0831211638c_HDR.thumb.jpg.161ae856908a6b16aa0b1c63c2ab2334.jpg0901211515a.thumb.jpg.5ca41a4b3f08f9b24492797baba56fa0.jpg

My night time temps dropped and I didn't catch it. Mid 60s. Seems fine. Leaves started showing some nice colors. Too bad they look like crap from an earlier nute issue. Different approach next batch with my soil. 

They've been getting a gallon each every day. With that I get decent run off, which is absorbed back up in a few hours. Buds are filling in, getting sticky, with some smells just starting.

Oh boy!

0905211436.thumb.jpg.8b104423917e7990dbed58c64f41a72f.jpg0905211436_HDR.thumb.jpg.f31b228977523d4d63e534d2519219b2.jpg

11 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

They've been getting a gallon each every day. With that I get decent run off, which is absorbed back up in a few hours. 

@crownpoodle The above may be part of the problem. The plants don't like sitting in wet compost all the time.

They like a wet/dry cycle. I'd let the compost dry out until the pots are lighter and then water/feed until run-off. This helps

drag oxygen down to the roots also. It also looks as though the pots are too big for the size of plants as I doubt they have

"rooted out the pots". Would be interesting to see what the roots look like. If they're constantly sitting  in wet compost the

roots will also get cold at night as the temps drop - as you mention - and this prevents nutrient uptake etc.etc. hence the 

leaf problems possibly.

The above are just the ramblings of a fevered mind and I'm sure one of our more learned members will be along to tell you

it's complete and utter bollocks ! (Haha).

Good luck anyway mate !

that's good advice @highdihigh.

I've had a tote grow that was slow and lacking behind the pots that were of the same age.

Wet anaerobic soil was my opinion between the two differences.

Thats why I only use Auto-pots for vacation. Too much water.

Let them go to a wilt after a good watering @crownpoodleyhem pick the pot up to gauge the weight of it.

Stick your fingers in the dirt to check for moisture.

Now next time water just before that point is reached. Oxygenating the root zone is essential.

That is why you see those bubblers in DWC..  Oxygenating the roots.

1 gallon into 7 gallon fabric pots. I've got a lot of air moving thru my 4x4. 2-12" floor fans on high, a 6" clip on, and an Infinity T6 that really moves a lot of air out. I added additional perlite for drainage as well. After 24 hours the pots are definitely lighter. Top 1.5-2" is like a damn desert. When I say run-off I don't mean flooded saucers. I'm not sure I get enough to even check ph with a pen, if I was so inclined. I'm not. I'm a couple days shy of 6 weeks now. Not going to do anything drastic.

Not sure about nutrient lock out, but it's a possibility. Totally different soil than my norm. I was told by the kid who's the local rep for Roots Organics soil I "shouldn't" need to feed until the end. Which makes zero sense now that I think about it. So instead of a flush I add nutes the last weeks? I don't think so.  He gave me a couple bags of Lush to try. Said I shouldn't need nutes for most strains as long as they aren't long flowering sativas.  Either these girls are real heavy feeders, or the soil was lacking. Dang kids. They either know everything, literally everything. Or the wander around with their mouth open looking for flies to murder and are sure THEY KNOW EVERYTHING! Lots of these.  If you're young, no offense. I'm just an opinionated old fuck anyways. 

For me and my limited indoor time changing up soils after just 1 successful run may not have been a great idea. I seeded some before the that but the plants held up great up to that point. I've got another bag of the Lush. To be fair I should run a couple of the same strain in my recycled soil vs the Lush mix and see if there's a noticeable difference. 

Week 6 plus a day. The leaves still look like shit. Not much to change except fall off! I "think" the buds are adding weight on. Hard to tell, but they look ok to me. A little more smell off a lower piece of fluff I pulled off, but nothing distinct. At least mold isn't eating them like my outdoor.

I also asked the grow store guy about the Lush. He's not the rep, just sells it. I'm not the only guy who questioned it's longevity.

0908211526.thumb.jpg.de21ad20a71eb457652039a49cb2620a.jpg0908211531.thumb.jpg.37a21bf95bcbb6eebf56ae4ceaebc249.jpg0908211530.thumb.jpg.9f372971c3690cfb728042171b35c72f.jpg0908211529.thumb.jpg.8d12ff474481a29cdfe1567f2a02e986.jpg

I would say your plants need a stiff feeding with attention paid to P and K. K should be up around or just above 1/2 of P.

My greenhouse plants did the exact same thing your plants are doing and it started in week five. I use an organic mix (tom hill water only recipe) and never had this issue before. I reused and amended the soil this year instead of mixing fresh like other years and something was off.

so as a cure they got the following

I first watered them in with 1tspn per gallon epsom salts, PH 6,8 and then the next watering I fed them hard with one dose at end of week five of (per gallon) 25ml flora micro , 5ml liquid koolbloom, 1ml powdered koolbloom, 15ml flora bloom, 10ml calmagplus, and 8ml hygrozyme. Snapped them right out of it and bud growth became noticeable again by the next day.

The next I fed them water then one more stiff feeding in week 6 of 20ml micro, 1ml liquid koolbloom, 2ml powdered koolbloom, , 15ml flora bloom, 15ml calmagplus and 8mls hygrozyme...... then back to water only

Worked for me to solve the exact issue I see in your plants.

Awesome suggestion @Tynehead Tom! Much appreciated. I had picked up the GH Flora Trio yesterday! My wife had an observation. "If you get fucked up, or worse. I'm not buying weed. Find a relatively simple setup I can use." GH was suggested as a start. 

I've been trying to get away from bottles in general so don't have much around. For the most part outside that aspect of my grow was fine. But indoors in small pots is relatively new for me. I did have Pure Flowers here, which is 0-30-20, but phosphite, not phosphate. They got this a couple days back. I thought of foliar feeding, but I don't think I have enough fucking leaves left!

@crownpoodleLooks just like mine one month into veg-multiple strains all with coloring on larger leaves looking like nut deficiency/lock out etc. I'm in organic soil I made myself so screwed around with that forever. then PH then watering. Turned out I loved them to near death, too wet, in pots too big for them holding too much water. Stopped watering them all at the same time and waited till a good wilt before watering. Roots caught up to pot size and things great for now. I'm a Noob so take this with a grain of salt.

@BC Boy I've had my turn drowning plants,but not these. My used amended soil has served me well. I switched up this time. I'll run my mix and some of the same for a side by side. 

I've been avoiding multiple strains trying to avoid different needs at different  times, but that's changing. Off to the grow store in town for a couple goodies. I need to get out of the fucking fog anyways. It's September.  Fog is supposed to be over. I need sun for my Autos 🚘!

Fogs not a problem here but the sudden switch in weather from sunny and dry to cool and wet is coming soon-then I get to try to jam 9 beauties into my 5 by 5 tent!! Good luck on your issues-no doubt you'll figure it all out. Cheers

I'm realizing something watching myself, and watching some of you. Outdoors in 20s and 30s in a "super soil "  of sorts is pretty forgiving. Small pots indoors...not so much. I had attempted avoiding jugged mutes, but I'm also attempting to bring this grow to a successful end. So some shit in jugs is better than another nice smelling yard waste can. 

I need to have my shit dialed way tighter than I do now, and I know its. I'm calling my earlier successful grow luck, not my skills. Ive also noticed some of the best growers here sharing their strikeouts along with their home runs. I appreciate that.

Onward.

I know you want to grow using mother earth. But if you want consistant grow's indoor's,packaged nutes is the way to go. It's also alot easier diagnosing plant issues when you are using bottle nutes vs a soil mix.You can easly have great result's with a super soil,but there is not a lot of consistancy in the product's that make up the soil quality.One mix is great then the next time not so great. Im a cash cropper and dont have time chasing soil problem's.Using salt base fert's allows me to focus on the plant's and the enviroment of the room.The biggest part of a succesful grow is having not to chase to many thing's.If i get a plant that doesnt like my program i discontinue running it.I dont bother trying to figure the plant out.With growing we live and we learn.Some grower's are stuck in there way's and that's fine but they cant expect to have the same result's as other's.

4 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

@oldschool I've already begun the regimen @Tynehead Tom suggested. The only product missing at the store was powdered Koolbloom. What I would like to do and what my current skill level is do not match up. 

Never under estimate your skill set. Just because a grower is doing good does not mean he is a seasoned grower.It's all about simplicity.I almost hit 4lb's a 4x4 tray last round.You may be impressed with that. But i do not shit about plant health and strain's and all that other bull shit. .I have a dialed room and it does all the work.Hell i dont even water.The Blumat's take care of that for me.I feel im a average hobbiest grower with decent success.The sky is the limit for you my friend.

yup.... we all scratch our heads sometimes trying to figure out issues.

Other problems showed in my garden this summer that I went down the rabbit hole trying to correct only to realize that nearly every green thing in my yard was showing similar issues..... then it dawned on me that the heat and wildfire smoke were causing similar stress reactions in all the plants in my environment. Too late though as my "remedies  stunted 2 plants really bad and they finished looking like completely different plants 

that recipe I suggested kind of needs that powdered kool bloom for the P and K boost,

I suggested that recipe as I find anything with Karma's "Kush" lines seems to need to be fed a certain way. They get hungry at week 5 and can eat like starving kids at a mcdonalds buffet LOL

1 hour ago, Tynehead Tom said:

yup.... we all scratch our heads sometimes trying to figure out issues.

Other problems showed in my garden this summer that I went down the rabbit hole trying to correct only to realize that nearly every green thing in my yard was showing similar issues..... then it dawned on me that the heat and wildfire smoke were causing similar stress reactions in all the plants in my environment. Too late though as my "remedies  stunted 2 plants really bad and they finished looking like completely different plants 

that recipe I suggested kind of needs that powdered kool bloom for the P and K boost,

I suggested that recipe as I find anything with Karma's "Kush" lines seems to need to be fed a certain way. They get hungry at week 5 and can eat like starving kids at a mcdonalds buffet LOL

Powder was due in today. I'll hit the store tomorrow. Appreciate the info. The words as well. 

I see things and "think" I know what it  is. Again my wife said put the leaf chart away and show the weed nerds, as she affectionately refers to the folks in the lab.

I had ash so bad outdoors last year when I washed buds it looked like a toilet in Baja. Most got cooked, not smoked. Yep, messed with all my yard.

Archived