young top leaf issue.

JAWS

any one have an idea what causes this issue.

1.thumb.JPG.973793e1420bb71f1b75006723eae004.JPG2.thumb.JPG.638df44a6c8a49f5fec0b02ae0646bdd.JPG3.thumb.JPG.69af952f8925f4aaf8c5b6cbdb40e0c4.JPG

temp 72f

humid 50%

1000watt hps 3 feet above plant's.

got 5 plant's doing this and not to worried i have seen this before and it usually fixes it's self but i'd like to know what it is and what causes it so i can fix the issue.

any help would be great  ..

Edited by JAWS
  • Like 2

humm no comments.

do we not have an edit button for our post ?.

peace  ..

• Like 1

Unless insect damage has occurred or the plant is suffering from a severe case of calcium deficiency, the plant is trying to tell you that it is water stressed. And the following can all contribute to the problem. 

Over-fertilizing

High Heat

High Light
Overwatering

Underwatering

Or it could just be a genetics issue, that is if only 1 strain is acting this way. I feed 100% the same out the door and can see how some love it while others struggle with the watering and soil I provide. 

• Like 1

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Yeah, I'm a little too stoned to keep up with the times

9 minutes ago, JAWS said:

humm no comments.

do we not have an edit button for our post ?.

peace  ..

0D75CB4B-4BC7-4C59-A51D-E03A5A4EB899.thumb.jpeg.4932f7680c538e485d2daabd8814dab0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 1

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Yeah, I'm a little too stoned to keep up with the times

ok thanks brother.

well i think no on the bugs so i do not think that the cause.

ahh no to these as well

High Heat

High Light
Overwatering

Underwatering

how ever the over fert could be something to look into, i have not feed these sense going into there new pot's how ever the soil was mixed prior to planting, was not excessive but ya the soil was mixed. i'm only watering at this point and will continue to only water for at least another week to ten days. like i was saying when i do see this it "USUALLY" goes away after i get going good, was just trying to avoid it all together if i could.

awesome thanks for edit area brother.

peace  ..

• Nice Job 1

As per @Zoot's reply - @JAWS did you recently move the plants under the 1000W ? 

Looks like heat problem but as the temp is mid 70s - presumably at leaf level ? -

then my guess is too much light, hence the query as to when they were moved under 

1000W. Dim the light a bit or raise it somewhat for a few days. They will recover, even if left

as is - as you've discovered in the past - as they acclimatise - but this will  knock them back a bit.

I'm not 100% sure on this but looks pretty much what I've seen in my own grows occasionally.

Just my 2 pence - good luck.

• Nice Job 2

thank you brother.

yes were just moved into the 5x5 under a 1000 w hps after being in the closet under 2 two foot floros, so ya that could make sense. thing that don't jive is the fact that it's really mild in the tent and that temp was at the top of the tent were i keep the thermometer so just above the plants would most likely be even a bit cooler. but the light intensity could be the BINGO moment and that fact that's its only a couple plants they could just be a bit sensitive to the wattage at this time. no way to dim the light i do not have that type of system, also today things are getting moved over into the 4x4 which only has a 400w hps light so that if that's is the issue then moving them there could be the answer for them for now.

thank you very much  ..

• Like 2