Avenue of the Giants

crownpoodle

I started 5 regs of these first week in March.  This will run in the sun. They were a freebie with the Avenue fems. Came up with 1 fem. Out of 16 seeds from 3 different strains and 3 different breeders. Came up with 5 fems. Kind of bummed, but it's the flip of when I get a high fem to male ratio. Just interesting. Not much to report. Been topped once. Repotted to a fabric 20 gal today.. Thought I had photos of her. Must be on another device. I'll put something up soon. 

• Like 1
Twenty20 Adam

Hi,

Thanks for the post.  Those regs were quite rare.  We hunted the Ave#33 from those to make the Fem seeds.  Please keep up posted.

crownpoodle
Posted (edited)

Here she is. Just a happy plant so far. 21" tall. One of the shorter horses in the barn but that's likely to change.

20210601_112550.jpg

Edited by crownpoodle
typo
  • Like 2
  • Nice Job 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Twenty20 Adam My goal is always just good quality flower. Hard to tell what to expect. I've got a big pretty male hiding away in my sideyard. Pollen sacks are swelling up.  I'm not breeder but thought this was worth my attention. Only the one female, but it was a freebie pack. 

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 1
crownpoodle

Hit 100 this morning by 11 in the yard. Yikes! She doesn't seem to mind the heat or the wind. Plenty of both today. Huge swings in temp and humidity the last few days. She took it without batting an eye. Not much vertical growth. She's filling in with lots of bud sites. That's a chunk of Big Sur Jade in there. There's lots around the yard and in my pots. Unhappy plants get the nice pieces. I've had a piece in my pocket or within arms reach for over 40 years. 

A couple of my best plants the last couple years were smallish. Yield just isn't an issue for me, but I do on occasion wish I had more of something. I'm almost at 4 weeks in flower in my tent, so I'm pulling out last years jars to make butter or whatever. Don't need to rathole everything. The Hillbilly Wedding won't go in the butter. Nope. 

0616210943.jpg

0616211145_HDR.jpg

• Like 1