Strawberry patch, 2021

Tynehead Tom

After making selections all winter long I have a pretty good spread for outdoor and some killer males selected that I have some righteous plans for.

Most of the plants are still indoors under HID and won't go outside till June 10th due to daylight length and cold nights.

I did put the P98 Bubba and 2 fraser valley blueberry HP x Atomic blueberry NL outside testing thier reactions to the conditions.

anyhow...... what's on deck?

1K flower room (5ft x 7ft) has 3 SSSDH (connoisseur) and 1 SSSDH IX1 (Rez) a couple Biker V1 F3 , old grandpa scratch (precious cut) and precious cut x darlins net. I have an awesome SSSDH (connoisseur) male that will stud the bikerF3 and all the SSSDH females.

Working to recombine the rez IX1 line and the connoisseur line for a SSSDH .....2.0? hehehe

Anyhow in the veg room , which is overflowing with wall to wall plants waiting for thier date with the greenhouse (june 10) I have

Original Glue

Original Glue S1 (useful) kept this girl alive from last years greenhouse run

OGKB 2.0

Grandma's Hashplant.... same cut I kept from the tester seeds 4 years ago.... keeping this girl forever LOL

Fire Alien Kush

6 Gun (darlins net f2)

Biker Kush V1 F3

Old Grandpa Scratch Precious cut F2

Headbanger

Skullcap

Dubble Baked

Pink Kush Bx2

SSSDH IX1

Precious cut x darlins net

Dead Chem Head

Double Strawberry Diesel Jones

P98 Bubba 

Fraser Valley Blueberry Hashplant x Dr Atomic Blueberry NL

HAOG mission BC cut

I think thats it..... LOL

05-27-2021 - Copy.JPG

05-27-2021 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-27-2021 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

05-27-2021 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

05-27-2021 pic 4 - Copy.JPG

well.... the veg room is too crowded so I have to get some plants out early this year.

Day length here dictates that between the 10th and 12th of June is optimum so the plants stay in veg when they transition from veg room to greenhouse.

I'm doing things differently this year so I have more control and hopefully a bit less work moving plants but we'll see.

My legal plant count this year is 29 med + 4 rec so 33 plants total.

So to make space in the grow room and because I managed to get my plants much bigger this year , I'm gonna put 8 of them out in 7gallons today before nightfall and get them into the light dep schedule right away. I'll get some pics but I'll leave you all with this lovely girl. She is a 3foot tall Rez SSSDH IX1 that I chose to run in the greenhouse and she will go into a 18 gallon tote. I also have a real nice stud that will be hitting GG4 and a branchy pheno from Biker Kush (V1 F3) 

anyhow.... she goes outside in 10 days.

05-30-2021 SSSDH IX1 mum pic 1 - Copy.JPG

05-30-2021 SSSDH IX1 mum pic 2 - Copy.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's the 10th of June so that officially kicks off my Backyard Fun in the Sun for 2021...... cool that fukkin rhymes LOL

Here's a shot of the garden. Not organized yet and some things to do as far as making space and clean up of last years light dep structures.

I decided I am no going to use the 2 65gallon holes in the ground like I have in the past 3 years. It is just too much soil for the plant to use in my short season and the plants have too much food availlable when they should be fading out near harvest. I think the 18 gallon rubber maid totes are about as big as I need to utilize here and enough for the plant to produce up to a pound if I play the game right.

So .... I started light depping the first group (at the back in the pic) and they are going in the shed 8pm and wake up at 8am. I think there is 9 plants in 7 gallons.

Then there is all the plants from seed this time around and they are also in 7gallon pots now. I use the soil from the 65gallon holes, it was nice a soft and all of last years roots were gone so microbial activity must be good. No insects in the soil/holes either which is nice because I had ants in the grow bag soil pile.

Supplemented the recycled soil with bone meal, gypsum and dolopril and potted all those from the last seed pop. These will get a couple weeks to get used to thier new pots , cloned and then light dep started before months end. They are good sized plants already so I think i don't want them to veg too much longer.

Then some plants will go into 18gallon totes. Havent decided on 5 or 8.... remember.... I gotta hand bomb all these plants 2 times a day for 10 weeks per batch LOL Outside the greenhouse I have a 110 gallon mix of mostly recycled soil from last years totes and new stuff I had to add. Supplemented that mix with 16pounds bonemeal, 5pounds gypsum, 2.5pounds dolopril and watered it in with 25 gallons of mix containing Hygrozyme and Sea Storm to get the microbial action going. That has been sitting in a pile  under a black tarp for the past 17 days so should be good to use this weekend to transplant all the plants going into totes.

So that's it...... time to get this grow show rolling!

06-10-2021 The Garden - Copy.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

no spectators eh?

well I'm gonna put on a show regardless LOL

Things are moving right along...... It's flip day for a bunch of plants in 7g pots. Things are getting more organized and staking, tying, training.... growing.... things are looking good.

06-20-2021 The Garden - Copy.JPG

38 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

no spectators eh?

I have been lurking, summer has me busy.

I had popped a pack of you Super Collider Kush several weeks back.

All 10 popped for me which was nice.

But

I was extremely negligent and killed 7 out of 10.

I think the pack had more than 10, anyway I killed em.

I have been killing shit lately......

Anyway 2 were males, nice branchy males with nice dense clusters of flowers on each branch.

I culled the males although they looked very nice.

The female is just starting to flower.

I did a stem rub on the males and the female, the smell was strong and it was the same on the males as it was on the female.

I took cuts off all 3 but I think I mislabeled them.

Yea, just fuckin shit up left and right these days.😩

I will try and post a pic when I am able.

Oh, and I had a question for ya.

Is the HAOG supposed restricted to club members?

Or was it at one time?

@shaggyI don't know if it is/was restricted to club members to be honest.

I do trust the source 1000% but he is not a member or affiliate persay.

I asked around for the BC OGK cut and when it was offered I was asked if I wanted the HA or the OGK and I said both LOL

And POOF! they magically appeared a few weeks later LOL

Mites though..... jesus the mites...... so the OGK was culled and I put all the energy into saving the HA and all my other prize cuts.

It is killer smoke i can verify that 😉

@shaggy Don't feel too bad, I killed s bunch too. All on me, maybe a cat too. Might have killed what was next up in the tent. Hope not. Need to start something for back up.

ya @shaggy it sux but we all have our bad strikes sometimes.

I've dropped em, knocked em over, forgot to water.... over watered.... more times than I can count. Fed plants bug juice one time and killed a whole room .... boy was my grow partner at the time pissed off LOL He was a full patch member of the Outlaws and pissing him off was never fun LOL consequences?   that is when I last held the 80's Afghan #1 and the original UBC Kimo. Killed them all that night.... I think it was Vendex I fed em, It was his fault for not labelling the mix .... we agreed on that at least and I kept the grow gear...... 😄

My neighbor had another friend watch his indoor hydro. Just check the ph. He forgot to take the cap off and just kept adding the adjuster. Fried 'em fast! I killed some with unlabeled water. H2O2 50%. Oops. I should know better. Worked in a printshop where I had OSHA and local FD wanting to be my friend. Kept the good stuff in the old van outside in the parking lot, all purchased with petty cash. God forbid those fuckers start haunting big indoor stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

well...... the air is filled with smoke and ash and the sky is filled with literally dozens of skimmer water bombers flying right over my house low enough to shake the dishes in the cupboards and the coffee in my cup jiggle......

So garden 2021 might be over if the crews don;t put out the multiple fires threatening my area. Closest one is less than 15 miles away and is getting assaulted from the air. Winds just changed and the direction is straight at us so we are packing.

So.... this might be it for a while kids.... we'll see I guess.

guns .... check

ammo.... check

fishing gear..... check...

dog.... check...

atv.... check

wife..... she's driving me crazy as she is absolutely panicking right now.....

till next time

Not again.......

Best wishes my friend.

If ya need a place to stay for a while, hit me up.

Not like home but it is woods.

Stay safe and god speed to ya my friend.

Seed vault???????????????????????
I assume you just forgot to mention that.

Dunno what I can do way over here but if you think of something, give a shout.

God speed to you again.

Give a shout when you get safe.

Peace

Shag

this time it's way closer @shaggy

was about 15 miles in american road travel away when i posted..... it's 10 Kilometers now.......... that's 6.2 miles

We are on evacuation alert, the LEO just left my doorstep

My buddy and grower down the road is being evacuated but they are 2 km from the fire .

We have everything loaded I just have to put the atv on the truck and hook up the travel trailer and we can be out of here in 20 minutes or less.

Generator is onboard on the trailer tongue mount so I can keep the seed vault freezer going while we are on the road.

Hopefully we can stay bit it is truly touch and go at the moment.

won't be forgetting the seed vault and buddy down the road already dropped his collection off for me to store for him.

crazy.... fukkin... times.....

I saw this earlier and have felt nauseous since. I dont know you, but I feel like I do. I stood by from the smokey sidelines last year, knowing people I do know were in horrific circumstances due to fires. In California where I live, and in Oregon and Washington where I have friends and family. 

I expected it again, just not so early on the season.

Please be safe. CP

When I was in CA I drove through a forest fire that had jumped the road, was just like that only a much smaller road. Definitely an "oh shit" moment.

@shaggy unfortunately, that appears to be an understatement. I watched some other video. Looked like a fucking volcano, not a fire. Jeez. 

I know so many people anymore living off the grid. I worry about them all! Year tound fire season where I am now.

• 2 weeks later...

not going good here.

The Flat Lakes fir blew up last night and a whole new set of evacuations and alerts rolled out this morning.

We now have a big fast moving fire less than 20KM away. All my friends to the south of us were tactically evacuated at 10am this morning..... that's cops at the door pulling you out of your house whith just your keys, wallet, phone and clothes on your back.....

We were put on evac alert once again and the hospital in town is initiating evac protocols......

the greenhouse was emptied days ago and all my genetics and moms have been trailered to a safe place 5 hrs south.

So that's it for me kids.

At least I got to harvest the plants in my indoor flower room. Not dry yet but hanging and easily evacuated LOL

till next time.

• 1 month later...

fire danger has passed it seems.

Weather has cooled right off to single digits over night. Was 5 C last night and we've had some rain the past few days.

Harvest the first batch of plants already and moved the rest back home to the greenhouse now that the fire danger is minimum.

Gonna be harvesting the headbangers, 24K whites, the last of the 3 skullcaps, the other 2 were ready at day 60 and the Dubble baked over the next few days.

Yield is gonna be about 2/3 of what I had hope for but the thick smoke and moving them down to the coast and now back from the coast has certainly hurt the yields. Potency and flavor are on point for what I have sampled so far.

Here's a couple pics of possible future releases

Alien Wildfire (first pic at harvest 63days) and the last 2 pics are small side buds of Terpen-Tyne at day 35

08-21-2021 Alien Wildfire - Copy.jpg

08-23-2021 Terpen-Tyne @35 days - Copy.jpg

08-23-2021 Terpen-Tyne @ day 35 pic 2 - Copy.jpg

Archived