First run with Gbub BX5

BDub

Stumbled onto the Gorilla Bubble BX5 at the Genetrader show (March 2021 in Muskegon) and am super excited to see what they become! It took a minute to get these on deck, but I was able to pop them about a month a go in early April. 

They are currently vegging under a SF-2000 in ProMix HP that’s been spiced up with worm castings, bone meal & a little ocean forest. 

As they progress, containers will get upsized for flower under a 1000w hps ... unless I get off my ass & upgrade to a rail? 

I’ll post progress updates & hopefully nice pics along the way! I welcome any feedback or tips as I start the learning process! 

A7D766AB-8434-403D-8FC0-874915B9F4EF.jpeg

You are going to have fun @BDub-I ran some BX3 and currently have the end of the line (so far) GG#4 RIL 5 weeks into flower. The BX3 had really loud Grapefruit smell and was very frosty-the phenos I had leaned towards the Sour Bubble end of things-nice mix of head and body. The RIL is even frostier so hopefully you will get a glue leaning pheno like that. Cheers

Thanks for the info! Hoping for each of those phenos ... as both are legendary! Good luck with the RIL - sounds awesome too!

I've got my GB BX5s in the pipeline. They might work their way into the tent lineup or the backyard, we shall see. Noticed the TG/Karma collab is out of stock. Glad I got mine, and then some with the replacement order! Thank you @Tonygreen ,@dragboatjeffy and Karma Genetics for being stand up people. Didn’t want that these to sell out too!

@BDub Show me the way! I've not run any of the GB BXs yet. Got these coming and have the GB BX3 in the bin too. But I have a question about the freebie that came with it. (Sherb IX x Biker) x GB BX5. 5 seed pack. Listed as fems, is this correct?

1 hour ago, crownpoodle said:

@BDub Show me the way! I've not run any of the GB BXs yet. Got these coming and have the GB BX3 in the bin too. But I have a question about the freebie that came with it. (Sherb IX x Biker) x GB BX5. 5 seed pack. Listed as fems, is this correct?

I didn’t get the same freebie with the beans I picked up ... but I will definitely keep updates on the GB bx5  girls! 

Yo! Here we are after another week of veg under the spider farmer SF 2000 ... and I’m liking it so far in the 3x5ft space. It runs cool & cheap - sufficient for my small nursery tent 🙂

As a side note, I’m still running hps for flower ... but the results I’m seeing so far in grow with the new little led have me shopping larger, led bar systems. I can see the difference after a just a few weeks compared to hps/Mh/t-5 during the same growth stage. Can only guess the right setup in flower would be more improvement. And the heat ... no comparison! I guess that I’m convinced, just have to prioritize 🙂 

All the girls seem healthy & solid ... probably a couple weeks from transplanting & taking a few cuts. They have until early to mid-June to get ready for flower when space opens up in the bud room. 

Happy growing! 

F3A6840B-A627-4CCE-AAB8-1580A83ECD66.jpeg

1CB0967E-48D7-425B-8EBC-421C7E1A85E4.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the GBub BX5 starts ... I took cuts of everything this past week & moved the largest plant into the flower room in 5 gallons of ProMix HP. The others will go in soon but are still begging in 1 gallon pots ... and all seem to be doing well for the most part. However, one seems more nutrient-sensitive & seems to be showing a deficiency - maybe phosphorus? Have been correcting along the way and I suppose this is a good indicator plant?! 

Anyways, I’ve topped them a few times to setup for screening & they’re starting to bush out! With the current schedule I hope to be sampling nugs in August ... 

C7B79727-C3FE-4ED9-91A2-0AAFF97A7282.jpeg

A501FCEC-1288-4661-ACD1-F68496ACCF25.jpeg

4242FD24-8BF7-48DC-96DF-9EA85DB7B2CE.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Just about to the flip … these ladies are alive & healthy! Gorilla Bubble BX5 fems in 5 gallon containers of coco/peat/pearlite. I cured the previous deficiencies by adjusting pH … as runoff was initially low.  They have also responded well to a heavier dose of nutes … almost ready for flower! 

55CCB7A2-8568-4F1E-90F1-ECEE68944EBC.jpeg

021C54D0-C95B-40B4-9BCE-393E42A37BCD.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work, Almost done.

I like to let mine go an extra week too.

They seem to get just a bit more white when I do that.

GB is still one of my favorites to smoke.

Archived