Let's talk about, cannabis cryptic virus, hop latent viroid, tobacco mosaic virus, cucumber mosaic virus, lettuce chlorosis virus, alphalpha mosaic virus, arabis mosaic virus and hemp streak virus.

shaggy

Let's talk about, cannabis cryptic virus, hop latent viroid, tobacco mosaic virus, cucumber mosaic virus, lettuce chlorosis virus, alphalpha mosaic virus, arabis mosaic virus and hemp streak virus have all been scientifically identified and documented in Cannabis.

Allegedly, Purple city genetics has been selling clones that are infected.

If you purchased clones from these folks you may want to keep them under observation.

This shit is worse than covid.

• Like 2

I wasn't growing yet when I acquired my first cut of gg4 and so I gave it out to a buddy. He is a heavy tobacco smoker and when I got the cut back it has the mosaic virus. I've seen plants get it from being in the same pot even after it was cleaned. Unless I was imaging things. I let the gg4 go for that reason but I just recently got her back in the stable and virus free.

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 1

What about tissue culture?  I've read or listened somewhere it said the very tip of the new growth will possibly not be infected yet and you can take the very very tip and come out with a clean plant. Supposedly it work for PM also. What are your thoughts?  I think I remember hearing it on kis organic podcast. 

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

@shaggy you forgot Beet Curly Top Virus. Not my friend. Really raising hell in Colorado, especially with the hemp clones. My MWCB started with it. I destroyed it when it got mold. 

Edited by crownpoodle
  • Like 1
On 3/15/2021 at 8:19 AM, Chronic2001 said:

What about tissue culture? 

I am told that is a viable solution to the issue.

I have not done any of it myself.

12 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

@shaggy you forgot Beet Curly Top Virus. Not my friend. Really raising hell in Colorado, especially with the hemp clones. My MWCB started with it. I destroyed it when it got mold. 

Hadn't heard of this one, Thanks for the addition to the list!

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

All over the news we hear virus, virus, virus, and none of you ol' boys wanna talk canna virus....LOL

What are ya gettin sick of that word?

I know I am...LOL

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Orion said:

Ssshhhh...don't mention what you don't got! Lol

LOL...I heard that brother...LOL

But

I hear a lot of talk of folks thinkin they have a virus or real weird shit happening in the garden.

Couple of members here have started over due to thinking this is what was happening.

You don't wanna be trading cuts with someone who may have it and not even know it, then they give it to you as a gift.
Knowledge is power.

Peace

Shag

• Like 3
  • Great Advice 1
11 hours ago, shaggy said:

All over the news we hear virus, virus, virus, and none of you ol' boys wanna talk canna virus....LOL

What are ya gettin sick of that word?

I know I am...LOL

Locally some of my buds are calling it the Ripley, or byrus. It was some spooge virus in Dreamcatcher by Stephen King. Funny. Not funny.

• Haha 2

Not fun, it spreads by two plants touching each, rubbing caused by air movement or pruning and not sterilizing the snips before pruning the next plant. What ever the hell it is you don't want it, I've had it a couple times.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ganja Ken said:

Apparently hypochlorous acid can help

Really, or just keep it at bay?

Chitosan is also known to do the same.

The virus is still there but not really effecting growth very much.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

I found the cure for hplvd. 

KIMG0375.thumb.JPG.512834311bcfc7de2bd1a5b8e8590ddf.JPG

What is this you say?

You burned your mistress at the stake cause she gave you HPV? 😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, shaggy said:

What is this you say?

You burned your mistress at the stake cause she gave you HPV? 😵

Bitch won't be doing that again lol

• Haha 2

Ok bull shit aside.

We found that hplvd is a viroid and attaches it's self to the dna. It can be passed in seeds even. Some say you get rid of it with tissue culture but it could take several rounds of tissue culture to accomplish the goal and the only way to know for sure is lab testing.

You could spend thousands and accomplish nothing or you could get a clean plant.

We didn't want to spend the money so death by fire it was. Wiped out the grow and started over.

• Like 3
  • Great Advice 1

I had to kill my garden twice. Problem is it doesn't show any serious symptoms in veg unless you're pushing your plants but once in flower it rears it's ugly head. It hides well in young plants, I was even able to clone but it took longer to root.

Edited by Captainmorgan
  • Sad 2
On 1/14/2022 at 5:17 AM, Smokin Joe said:

Ok bull shit aside.

We found that hplvd is a viroid and attaches it's self to the dna. It can be passed in seeds even. Some say you get rid of it with tissue culture but it could take several rounds of tissue culture to accomplish the goal and the only way to know for sure is lab testing.

From what I have read, there is up to 8% potential of passing the viroid of an infected plant through seed, or roughly 1/12.5 seeds could potentially be carrying the virus from parent to progeny.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:00 PM, shaggy said:

Really, or just keep it at bay?

Chitosan is also known to do the same.

The virus is still there but not really effecting growth very much.

Hypochlorous Acid can kill viruses (approved by Health Canada as effective against Covid for example) but not hop latent viroid as it is pathogenic RNA which infects the DNA as mentioned above. However, what it can do is hinder the ability of the viroid's HBN1 mRNA to encode proteins which ultimately reduces the impact of infection. You can use this as a foliar, soil drench, dunking fresh cuttings and sanitizing almost everything... Athena Cleanse is one hypochlorous acid product but after the recent acquisition of LUX lighting (Jungle Boy's / Athena) by Hawthorne Group (Monsanto) I've recently starting looking elsewhere. You can find several other options just look at the concentration and use the same ratios recommended on the Athena Cleanse label.

The viroid is predominantly spread by soiled gloves and tools as you directly transfer plant fluids from plant to plant. While rare, it can also pass by leaves chaffing each other but it spreads more like HIV in humans as a comparison, there needs to be dna (fluid) contact.

Best methods of prevention include using 1:10 water to bleach to surface kill the viroid on gloves and tools. Spray your gloves / scissors between plants using the bleach solution (dry off after) and always try to avoid touching other plants with the separated base of petioles when doing defol.

We have had plants test positive for hplvd in the past that are still around today without tissue culture (up to 8 rounds of regenerative TC still is not 100% effective) but we dunked our cuttings in zerotol solution before plugging them - success rate of rooted clones was fucking terrible but the plants that did survive have been clean thus far - except 1 cultivar ha, she's on thin ice lol. We did this for 2 -3 rounds on all our Mothers in sequence to regenerate healthy plants. Its been almost a year since our positive lab tests and been looking good to this point. I can update if that changes ha.

Cleanliness is Godliness when it comes to keeping commercial spaces and all sized grows free of pests, pathogens and viruses/viroids. 

If anyone is submitting their final product off to labs and is looking at ways to reduce Y&M counts (if required by State or you're in Canada) hit me up for a few solutions - I got you 😉

• Great Advice 3

Thank you for taking the time to pass on some good knowledge.

Peace

Shag

• Nice Job 1
  • 1 month later...

Some say it could be ALFALFA STEM NEMATODES not a virus.

So check that out too...

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 7:28 PM, Ganja Ken said:

Best methods of prevention include using 1:10 water to bleach to surface kill the viroid on gloves and tools.

Tassa Saldi, PhD – CoFounder and CEO of Tumi Genomics

learn more about Hop Latent Viroid, and the testing being done around it.