warlock

frankslan

My current grow is going practically to shit because I switched one amendment up when I recycled. If this weren't just a small seed run I'd have yanked it a month ago. Probably gonna switch to bagged from here on out, just not feasible for me without a whole farm to DIY everything. Got Espoma organic raised bed and some perlite for about $25/1.5 cu ft, gonna try it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gaussamer Its frustrating man I put a ton of work into the no till. Bagged soil I only ran coast of maine it was decent bud size was way small. Buds structure all looked similar between strains rock hard. Wasn't a good as the no till. I just dont want to mix soil every round or buy it.  

I have heard decent things about the soil slick rick was saying the Michigan m3 mix. 

I know breeders around here that just run ocean forest, roots orgainc, or happy frog. One guy in maine has a huge green house a lots of out door plants he kills it in the roots organic. He feeds it some seaweed extract he makes. Hes been running the same skunk strains for 30 years supposed to do really well damp wet cold maine outdoors. 

Guest JDirt

@frankslan thank you for the details on your coco setup.  The video link is great with comparisons of Jacks to Veg&Bloom, Canna, etc.  I think I’ll try a couple plants in coco.  Sure it will be a steep learning curve for me.

Have you been able to compare the smell and flavor of a finished flower with coco vs no-till or CoastOfMaine soil?  

@JDirt Yes some smell stronger like chems sour d in the coco. Usually they smell about same though.

The best tip I can give you is run at a lower 800 ppm . You should do well if you do that. ITs pretty straight forward dont let them dry out water to runoff. 

when I transplant up I give the full 1200ppm strength though. 

Guest JDirt

@frankslan I hope you don’t mind a few more coco questions.  It’s nice to get your input because I’ve also been doing living soil so I think we kinda have a similar perspective.

• what size reservoir do you use?
  • how many plants does res feed?
  • Do you cool your res?
  • how often do you change res?

I used Ocean Forest for awhile like everyone did, but it tended to be too hot at first. Really needs a dolomite lime amendment to get the most out of it.

It's important to note that burnt leaf tips don't always mean a soil issue. If it happens to the upper leaf groups then it's probably too much light, if it starts at the bottom or comes out at once all over then it's probably nute overdose.

@gaussamer True I kind of ruled that out i got the par meter out and they were even hitting 500 par. I had to turn everything up a couple weeks ago. It still could be that if they weren't getting enough food to even keep up with 400 par.   I think my lights are getting old arent as bright as they used to be 

• what size reservoir do you use? I fill a 5 gal bucket up I make it a stronger than recommended. Then i mix it 50 50 with fresh water. I usually use like a gal in veg for 2 2gal pots. By the end of veg they will almost be drinking a gal a day. Today i made even stronger so my 5 gal is really 20 gal. 
  • how many plants does res feed? 4 gal a day peak flower in summer per 4 by 4. Might be less been since last summer. 
  • Do you cool your res? the fresh water i add helps cool the water when i hand feed. But i dont think it matters much when i use the blu mat it's such a slow feed it. 
  • how often do you change res? I dump a couple gallons a day into the res when its at full speed I think the max i used in the summer was like 4 gals a day. 

Many different ways you can do it Im sure youll come up with a good Way.

ive been thinking about using a large saucer and some perlite on the bottom and doing a sip style system.  Sub irrigated would be cool if it held like 4 gals per plant. I would just have to meter the ppms once a week in the saucer. Im sure it would build up salt if you didnt top it off every couple days but less salt would build up in the coco if it never runs dry. 

Ideally you would have a huge res with pumps and all that but Im just starting out.  You can check out that guys other videos he has many grow alongs. He has a 50 gal trash can some pumps with flood and drain tables basically. Lot of other coco grows on here that know way more than me too.  A few on here use jacks 3 2 1 too. @oldschool check out his threads too. 

Guest JDirt

Thanks for the additional info on your res setup @frankslan 

I know what you are saying about there being many different approaches. Great people with lots of coco experience that are sharing a wealth of knowledge like @oldschool does.  But I also find that learning from people like yourself that are new to a method can be valuable.  Like you, I have put a lot of effort into running organic soil (or living soil).  So I’m thinking maybe I’d look at transitioning to coco in a similar way to you.  

What is your water source like...ph, ppm,?  Did your water quality contribute to issues in soil?  Are you using RO for coco?  Asking because my well water is high 7.6 ph, 400ish ppm...not good even with 20 gal of soil to buffer it.

@jdirt My watering set up is just tap water my tap water is only 50ppm though. When I mix the jacks with my ro the ph gets funny but when mix it with tap its perfect and i dont have to ph anything. So with ro you might have to ph it. I cant remember exactly what the jacks came out to with ro but i think it was 5.5 and with tap its like 6 or 6.5 i only phed once. Now my ph pens doesnt work lol. I can check it for you if I find my ph drops but i know it wasnt too far off. Thats one of the reasons I like the jacks I dont have to deal with phing. 

For organics i used ro but i also tried tap water to see if that was my problem and that did not help either. Its funny people say not to ph in organics but like you said no soil is going to be able buffer super high ppm like that. I tried to help the no tillers on other forums and they never listen about phing. 

Supposedly ro could cause a problem with low levels of calcium and mag and other people say it strips minerals but it makes no sense to me as your not running to runoff or anything in no till. Anyways i tried tap water the last two runs so i can rule that out. 

God damn this almond cookie looks happy. Idk why the almond cookies leaves always curl like that shes looking nice though.  The curling makes her easy to ID. 

This one is in coast of maine soil. I usualy veg in coast of maine. 

IMG_20210430_114807365_MP.thumb.jpg.fbbf9698faaa9ab535dbf425d4bb6972.jpg

This is the warlock buds are very long and stacked about 10 inches long. But the bud sites are tiny i would say half the size of the other plants in the tent. Technically this one has been in flower longer since it autoflowered. Also wasnt getting enough light the first few weeks of flower since it started flowering in veg. 

I just pulled it out of the main flower tent as it was tight and the buds on this one look funny almost likes its about to herm possibly. I think it will produce tiny buds if it doesnt herm. Clone of it is still flower too has not revegged but has tons of roots. 

Thats a coat hanger for size reference id say the they are as thick as a bic pen. Its so bushy it literally would be one bud outside. 

I probably pop another in the future kind bummed out was looking forward to this one.

IMG_20210502_125816236.thumb.jpg.5015075495b9741811d31d291c36c8fe.jpgIMG_20210502_125705224_HDR.thumb.jpg.5d146ae709d10562fa361917e3ef8d09.jpgIMG_20210502_125657891.thumb.jpg.555c2746270fcf18d2657e970f54a988.jpgColor funny on the main bud shes been getting a lot of light around 1000 par. ill up her feed a little. 

• 4 weeks later...

Heres that auto flower Warlock kind of grew like i imagined it would one massive bud. Skinny long spears over a foot each but very thin still seems like it doesnt want to finish either must be going on like week 9 or 10 since it started early. 

Idk if I would even give this strain another shot i had such high hopes for it but the smell isnt even good so whats the point maybe do a tiny like 1 gal test if i pop another one. Grew like i imagine an auto would 

20210529_215119.thumb.jpg.03a8782bb0620d0736e0e5e66b85897a.jpg20210529_215116.thumb.jpg.01ff0a87ad670ec589fe2a0f24141f7a.jpg

20210529_215030.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

20210608_121244.thumb.jpg.f9a2d0d7ee0e1589fbebd389d4cc93fd.jpg20210608_121247.thumb.jpg.aa2fd6480a7847aad90d07a11b37d3f3.jpg

@texasjack       Here that strawberry cookie that grew the extra branch out of the Cotyledon area. Its weird half the branch is albino still. Both plants are male of this strain unfortunately 95 percent sure. They look Awesome though very strong plants they look meaner than the strawberry ibl. Going to pop a couple more of the cookie cross. Strawberry ibl going to be flipped soon. They look good too but the cookie cross  are bigger and just look super healthy. They are male so maybe thats why. 

Bubble gum s1 CSI humbolt Came out nice looked finished at day 45 Started purpling like day 52. Very fast plant I could have taken it at a while ago but I wanted the dry room empty first. 

Nice bud size for such a short plant I forgot to get a whole plant shot but i was impressed.

Smells like bubblegum cool strain would recommend. 

-update on WARLOCK this strain sucks ass still looks the same as last photos. It just doesnt want to finish were at day 62 now and its still covered it white hairs. Smells like lemon diesel very generic would not recommend. 

20210616_104844.jpg

20210616_104833.jpg

Warlock has nice big buds, could go a lot longer by the looks of things.

The bubblegum looks delicious.

I say looks just about right.

I like to let my stuff go a bit longer than most do.

But if the trich's are withering it went too long.

I would like to see the test results for week 8,9,10, for an 8 week strain.

I am interested in the trich head contents.

All compounds not just THC.

How much bubblegum are you getting off this one thus far?

12 hours ago, shaggy said:

Warlock has nice big buds, could go a lot longer by the looks of things.

The bubblegum looks delicious.

I say looks just about right.

I like to let my stuff go a bit longer than most do.

But if the trich's are withering it went too long.

I would like to see the test results for week 8,9,10, for an 8 week strain.

I am interested in the trich head contents.

All compounds not just THC.

How much bubblegum are you getting off this one thus far?

Not 100 percent bazooka joe but pretty damn close. Hopefully it comes through 100 percent after cure. If you smelt it you would think bubble gum for sure. 

I smelt mosca's bubblegum and it was spot on bazooka joe gum. It looked dank too I don't remember his being purple but most of the photos I see are purple. His looked like a sour d type bud when I saw it dried i legit thought he put gum in the jar or something its wild. 

The warlock looks like it has big buds but they are so skinny.  Kind of reminds me of a auto shape to the plant. One big monster fat bud in the middle.  The large side branches are like bic lighter thick. The smell is nothing like the old warlock we had around here in the 00s. ill try again these were s1s so maybe thats why it grew so funky but i would expect the smell to be close from an s1. 

• 4 weeks later...

20210708_152143.thumb.jpg.095843365a0a236e603f36fb9551b08b.jpg20210708_152148.thumb.jpg.d4e12c8507d21dbbfea939d57d45dfa0.jpg20210708_152205.thumb.jpg.734b04c8f90b78f9e3fa05c7135ce45c.jpg

Strawberry diesel looking good one is Tall and one is short. The Sour cookies cross both were males. The tall straw d Has this weird thick branch at the bottom. The top of it is shooting of crazy nodes. Its like one branch is Polyploidism? Should I chop it not I might just leave it its a bottom branch. Every other branch is normal. 

Its weird the branch itself looks normal till half way up then get super wide.  Not worried just thought it was interesting. 

• 3 weeks later...

@texasjack This big strawberry has some crazy vigor man check out this clone day 7. I never get  clones root that high up the stem. I left one in a cup of water in pretty intense light and it popped root too. The one in the cup was a fat branch too one that I thought was a too big to be a clone.  I could probably clone a pencil thick branch off this strain.

the other shortie has some intense branching too. I have to thin it out. 

20210723_100007.thumb.jpg.7c698b42750eeb4ef12e7b2f4d80a123.jpg

Archived