Continue

BC Boy

Hi All-don't expect this thread to continue but thought this was the right spot to say it-just spent an hour looking at other sites and am blown away by the hate and trolls-I am new to here but lets not change. I don't presume to tell anything to any one of the experienced people here but you have it going on-share. help. Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Pot Boy

@BC Boy That is why I choose to hang here. Free sharing of knowledge, gear and all around friendly nature of the community. I have been growing cannabis for a long time have been on some of the boards you speak of. They are littered with  know it all's, condescending attitudes and flat out troll's. Life is way too short for that bullshit! A'int got no time for that!

• Like 3
  • Great Advice 1
shaggy

The amount of hate at those other canna sites is horrendous.

Some real horrible people in the cannabis world these days.

These same folks are perpetuating lies, and giving out plain old bad advice.

I would guess it is only going to get worse.

Federal Legalization is going to fuck everyone over in favor of a high profit margin.

The new patented cannabis is coming, many say no.....

I say there is no stopping it now.

• Like 5

Do plants need silicon?       

Welcome to Z-Library!

Gaussamer

Forms of bureaucracy in large measure are coming to cannabis for sure one way or another. I just wanna grow lawfully and swap cuts with friends, but I fear for the medical side when it comes to things like patents. If it's at all possible then somebody is going to put the screws to folks who basically need specific medical genetics in their garden.

• Sad 2
Coastal

Yeah I agree 1000%

I was trying to help some folks on ICmag and was met with skepticism and called out as either an amature or misleader.. lol I only posted a few pictures there ever and once was to clarify one of those back and forth that had carried on too long...

Another that comes to mind is when I was trying to help a newbie who was having issues from over watering in too cold an environment, and then chimera swooped in with 15 million posts and an entourage of followers declaring you need 30% run off on every water lol .  Right around the same time he was posing as a young daughter of cali growers living in BC to troll a guy making seeds for free ..  that was it for me lol I still read there sometimes but post very little. 

• Like 5
Orion
24 minutes ago, Coastal said:

Yeah I agree 1000%

I was trying to help some folks on ICmag and was met with skepticism and called out as either an amature or misleader.. lol I only posted a few pictures there ever and once was to clarify one of those back and forth that had carried on too long...

Another that comes to mind is when I was trying to help a newbie who was having issues from over watering in too cold an environment, and then chimera swooped in with 15 million posts and an entourage of followers declaring you need 30% run off on every water lol .  Right around the same time he was posing as a young daughter of cali growers living in BC to troll a guy making seeds for free ..  that was it for me lol I still read there sometimes but post very little. 

Guys got some issues for sure...I did find something good in his Fighting Buddha and have to give credit for that, but what a condescending ass he can be! 

• Like 2
Coastal

He has (some) good genetics and has made some great seeds. I wouldn't try to take that away from him. He grew up 2 hrs from me and my friends are up in that area. I lived there for a year and got gifted a decent amount of cuts he was holding up there, trying to start a large legal venture. Still have a few. But yeah his on line etiquette and advice leaves a bad taste for me. Definitely didn't feel like being on his radar at all given our proximity and overlaps.

Most of these "weed celebrities" haven't grown much in a long time as it takes a lot to go around the world to all the cups and conferences..  my friends in that world pretty deep and there's a lot of stuff I try to avoid in those circles.

Zlabs although smaller can get you a lot more relative information for the amount of bs you have to wade through thats for sure!

The original mountain jam is one of my favorites... some old friends of mine gifted him that cut back he passed out in the late 90's early 2000's  hopefully he does something with it as it is some beautiful tasty flowers!

Edited by Coastal
  • Like 3
crownpoodle
8 hours ago, shaggy said:

The amount of hate at those other canna sites is horrendous.

Some real horrible people in the cannabis world these days.

These same folks are perpetuating lies, and giving out plain old bad advice.

I would guess it is only going to get worse.

Federal Legalization is going to fuck everyone over in favor of a high profit margin.

The new patented cannabis is coming, many say no.....

I say there is no stopping it now.

I had watched the forums for years with little interest in participating for just these reasons. Nasty stuff. Bunch of haters I have no use for. I started on a different one and quickly realized it wasn't a place to spend much time. Still on occasion but carefully. I stumbled on this place after finding GLG this time last year. It didn't take long to feel the difference and feel welcome. This is one of the few places I've ever felt inclined to even comment on something, let alone start a thread and not expect to be made to feel stupid or inept in any way. Just because I don't know everything? Right. 

And yep, the Feds have fucked this thing up so well, I'm not sure there is ever going to be a decent way foreword. Ive'v been involved in this thing my whole life in one way or another, but just have been doing 100% my own deal with my own dirt for 5 or 6 years. Watched a lot of mistakes that I have been able to avoid for the most part. I knew the Feds had fouled up the legaliztion end, but I didn't realize how nefarious some of the shit that was happening behind the scenes was. Big Tobacco is buying massive plots in Nor Cal, my guess is with the Feds blessing so they can have better control of taxes. Offered a friend a stupid amount of $ for his land. They had the adjacent parcel. Told him point blank his crop better not have any pollen drift. Sounds like Monsanto GMO style shit. Very bad. He did not sell. They did, as there were too many small hold outs in prime areas they wanted. Guaranteed they bought someplace. 

I've personally not made my own seeds. Intentionally, anyways. Oops. I want to have more of my scene dialed way tighter before I go doing things I don't completely understand. Way too many of you folks handling that anywys. But I intend to and this is why.

CP

• Like 6
crownpoodle

I thought about this after I posted it.  I need to qualify this by saying I'm not immune to an occasional comment that may offend some. Perfect I am not. I can be a real asshole at times.  If I offend someone it may seem malicious but that is not my intent. I replied recently to a comment. More than once. Same guy. In a way that if you don't know me, and you guys really don't, I might sound like a jerk. I get passionate about the things that matter to me and I've  never been shy about sharing my opinions.  When I was still working I was advised to save my emails for an hour, then re-read and edit before sending. I had been accused of being confrontational in evaluations. My response..."name one person I’ve been confrontational with or an incident you can use, just one. I've worked hard on this issue." I was pissed!  "Just one person? Just incident?? Come on Fish, how about me right now?" Touche! Saw it in everyone else, but might have been using a carnival side show mirror for self examination. 

Like my grandkids, I too am a work in progress.  Thanks for putting up with me. And if I step over the etiquette line, feel free to put a boot on my toe to get my attention. Just let me stay here and continue learning! 

Just re-read this and saw I identified as Fish, not Crownpoodle.  I was Catfish at work. My shirts said Fish. I had the really long Fool Manchu stash. It went so well with the crackpipe attached to my face at the time. Both were permanently removed in 1987. 

Edited by crownpoodle
  • Like 4
  • Great Advice 1
Ilynnboy

@crownpoodle we all can no our own special type of A-hole.

I've done it once on a canna site before.

Some jerk was asking for cuts after putting in his signature " Do not ask for cuts or seeds I will block you"

So I chewed his ass out, and left the site for good.

Never been back , that was like 6-7 years ago.

It happens...to all of us at one time or another.

A pattern of abuse is another issue altogether..

Edited by Ilynnboy
  • Like 1
Gaussamer

I've been hopping forums since Overgrow and made lots of great friends through different hobby forums over the years. There are always sour characters out there but never have I done or said something out of anger then looked back on it and felt like it was a good decision, took me way too long to figure that out but it helps keep things in proper perspective.

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1
Orion

I know we all have to vent every now and then, I do once in a while myself but going to an internet board to do so over and over thank God, is nothing that happens around here...I enjoy this place because everyone on here just wants to chill, grow and learn along with having respect for each other here.

Everyday is a test and I try to do my best with every one of them.

Peace and quality harvests to everyone! 

• Like 4
  • Nice Job 1
Ilynnboy

I hear ya on that @Orion.

I have gotten over the anger that plagued me earlier in life.

Life is short to be mad all the time.

I now face the day with happiness and gratitude and it's a much nicer world.

👊🏻

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1
BC Boy

@Ilynnboy I agree with "Life is short to be mad all the time." Many years ago I was in a quiet lakeside campsite listening to someone's generator going 24/7. Got uptight about it and was venting to a quiet kind older man in the campsite and he said he was "done worrying about such things and wanted to just get on with the good stuff." Found out his wife had passed away a bit ago. He had some perspective on what was important and what was a waste of time.

• Like 5