Testing out an idea

Zoot

Hi tony G

I am trying to see if i can use the clubs for breeders instead of the standard forums.

this way each breeder has their own section that they can do with as they please. you can have your own gallery, blog, ect. plus you can give out a link to your club, make whomever a moderator

let me know what you think, im using you as a genie pig for now, if you dont like it let me know

also, you will be able to list and sale seeds through your club house as well. 

5 minutes ago, Tonygreen said:

Cool! Are the clubs private or open to see? Do I have to monitor membership etc?

here are the options for the club:

• Privacy REQUIRED
    • Public
      Everyone can see the club and its posts, and can participate without joining.
    • Open
      Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.
    • Closed
      Everyone can see the club and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.
    • Private
      Only members can find the club and see its posts. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.
    • Read Only
      Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.

Other thought was leave forums up with a post directing to clubhouse. Locked for comment. 

Then they got a list of breeders like now so easy to find and when they go in the forum there's the post. 

Just an idea. 

14 hours ago, Tonygreen said:

Other thought was leave forums up with a post directing to clubhouse. Locked for comment. 

Then they got a list of breeders like now so easy to find and when they go in the forum there's the post. 

Just an idea. 

I did just that, i made a redirect link in the Breeders Assoc. that takes people to your clubhouse. as it is now, non members are not able to see your posts in the clubhouse but thats just a setting i can change when we go live, i have only moved 1 old thread so far as i work out the details.

14 hours ago, Tonygreen said:

How do I share the link just the url?

Do they have to join forums? Ie if not a member does it redirect?.

Sorry for all the questions

all good ask away please, dont want any mistakes.

if i change it to an open or public clubhouse then non-members can see and read everything but only members can leave posts. i am looking to see if i can change that as well but i dont want to open up a can of worms letting anyone come in and post

Archived