Crownpoodle's 1st indoor grow

crownpoodle

21 minutes ago, crownpoodle said:

Update. A couple plants have found their way to jars. More hanging.  Coming along nicely. 

I had smoked a little the last few days with no cure on it. Lastast night I found a bud off a different plant. It was late, but it seemed stronger. This morning I revisited the same bud. WOW!!! Just a couple puffs on the Mighty and I'm starting my day off great! Suns coming out. It's a fine day! I can hardly wait to roll and smoke a fat one of this! Better make sure my chores are done.

You'll have to forgive my lazy trim. It's mostly for fam, friends, barterworld anymore. If I have a lot of something, I might go tighter, saving all that good trim for the butter bin.

0730211705b.jpg

0730211704b.jpg

I like your trim job my man. It used to be most outdoor grown stuff I found would  have that style trim. It still holds the bud's original character. Congratulations on the successful harvest!!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@crownpoodle interesting to see you are vaping while still toking/combusting.

I tried to do the same but had to kick the toking as the vaping wasn't cutting it for me

while continuing to toke - plus chest and lungs were not happy.

I much prefer it now though. I wonder if it's common to vape

while still toking ? Anyway, well done mate and congrats on a nice harvest !

2 hours ago, highdihigh said:

@crownpoodle interesting to see you are vaping while still toking/combusting.

I tried to do the same but had to kick the toking as the vaping wasn't cutting it for me

while continuing to toke - plus chest and lungs were not happy.

I much prefer it now though. I wonder if it's common to vape

while still toking ? Anyway, well done mate and congrats on a nice harvest !

Lately for me, it's as much about how long I put off taking pain meds as staying stoned. This morning it was hit the vape right off, a couple loads. Then a spoonful of just made butter in the oatmeal. Vape before the walk. Chunk of edible after. Vapes in my hand now. Haven't rolled one yet today but it sounds like a good idea. I'm smoking off the second plant down today. That I have not rolled one speaks to the quality @Tonygreen! No pain meds since early. That's big. No...that might be huge.

• 3 weeks later...

Allrighty.  Everything's been in jars for between 10 days and 2 weeks. Smoked on all 5 jars, marginally cured at best. No perceptible difference.  Really a nice buzz. I can smoke one and go to the hardware store, or sit out back drinking coffee relaxing for 3 hours with the cats. I'm calling it versatile weed. No smell I can identify, but strong smelling. Haven't ID'd the taste yet but it's got one. A little minty/citrusy with the vape. There's a few random seeds I intend to keep. I have not smoked anything else since I started in on this. 

Not sure what more I want from my weed. Well, except more. Not my goal, but I did weigh a couple jars. One was 90g, one was 120g. The rest look in between so I'm guessing at least a #. I have no doubt I can get more, but the quality still  needs to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Moving right along. Next into the flower tent is Aphgooie x Purpurea Ticineses. Thank you @texasjack. Soaked 12. All germed, but took 4 days in the paper towels before they all want off. In solos in the 2x2 now. I got a triploid. So far every one has been a male. Maybe this time. Next time they get dry I'll give some weak mutes. 

0830212137b.jpg

0830212137a.jpg

I got my veg tent going using mostly what I had. A 165watt LED fishtank light. Worked fine for getting stuff started in the past. But expecting more is not happening. Wife's been watching me browse lights, muttering to myself. She spoke with my daughter's boyfriend who grows. I was informed my new HLG 100 rspec will arrive Tuesday. She also ordered a diffuser/ humidifier as she caught me trying to poach hers she uses for oiIs. I won't tell her @Smokin Joe hooked me up with my first HLG 600 rspec, and would have done a solid again I'm sure. He'll get my next light. 

I looked at the inexpensive LEDs and they just make me nervous. My tent in the shed is one thing. I can't have an electrical problem or fire with the veg tent inside. I already burned up one fan and had the plug get hot on another. Secret Jardin monkey fans. Fuck that! 

Until my new light shows up, I've been taking the little ones outside for some indirect sun. They liked that. I dropped a couple 20TwentyMendocino strains last night. Hindsight, a freebie, which is The Whip x Wook Stomper. I think.  And Glue Sniffer S1. The GS is their take onGG4. Get a couple jars of something different rat-holed away for a little change now and then.

I've also got some autos rolling outside thanks to a prod from @Cannaburter. SD, and 2 freebies from 20TwentyMendocino.  Trizzlers and Trizkits I think. So much of my outdoor went south I'm glad for the push. I'm rethinking my outdoor program. With all my seeds, I have zero autos in the stash. That will be corrected care of GLG before the weekend is out. I don’t need them immediately, I just want the option in my arsenal. Crazy how fast my seed bin fills. I could run nothing but Bad Dawg freebies and not pop anything else for a year! But that's not happening. Got goods in jars. Some Headbanger going to jars today. More outdoor to finish. Then it's focusing getting my small veg tent firing in conjunction with my flower tent. Already got another tent spot picked out. Shhhh!!! She might hear me thinking.

2 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

Until my new light shows up, I've been taking the little ones outside for some indirect sun. They liked that. I dropped a couple 20TwentyMendocino strains last night. Hindsight, a freebie, which is The Whip x Wook Stomper. I think.  And Glue Sniffer S1. The GS is their take onGG4. Get a couple jars of something different rat-holed away for a little change now and then.

I've also got some autos rolling outside thanks to a prod from @Cannaburter. SD, and 2 freebies from 20TwentyMendocino.  Trizzlers and Trizkits I think. So much of my outdoor went south I'm glad for the push. I'm rethinking my outdoor program. With all my seeds, I have zero autos in the stash. That will be corrected care of GLG before the weekend is out. I don’t need them immediately, I just want the option in my arsenal. Crazy how fast my seed bin fills. I could run nothing but Bad Dawg freebies and not pop anything else for a year! But that's not happening. Got goods in jars. Some Headbanger going to jars today. More outdoor to finish. Then it's focusing getting my small veg tent firing in conjunction with my flower tent. Already got another tent spot picked out. Shhhh!!! She might hear me thinking.

Hopefully everything moves along beautifully!

Just looked at my seeds I'm soaking. I did not start Hindsight. More from Tony Green's Tortured Beans. (NYCOxGB)xNYCO (BX1),fems. Sorry,I was awake getting stoned and deciding what's next. Deciding is a poor choice of words. Changingw my mind and rationalizing my choice 17 times is more like it. The only thing I remember deciding was to start fems, not regs.

15 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

how the Headbanger looking/ smelling? Have you ran it before?

Cut or seed?

From Karma or and F generation from someone else?

I misspoke. Again. It's the Headbanger/GB colab with Tony Green and Karma. From seed. 1st shot at it. I'll try the tent in the future. Not my best foot foreword outdoor this year. Not a strong smell, but this funky, almost makes your eyes water stench. 

A little boost for my 2x2 veg tent. Afghooie x PT. Roots looked good. Bigger pots tomorrow. I hope between the light and more soil the take off. They need something.

0908211651.thumb.jpg.bf46bae28be859b0a7ba9284757f646d.jpg0908211645.thumb.jpg.09198df82260a04e01cbe3b5b4d42511.jpg

I wouldnt up pot those. They look real hungry maybe cold also.I grow plant's 4 times bigger than that in solo cup's.I usualy up pot seedling's when they are a little bit bigger around than the solo.

Repotted 6 of 12 and fed with 1/2 strength GH Flora series. This is a new line for me that was suggested for a different project. I also have 2 Glue Snuffer, 20TwentyMendocino's take on Gorilla Glue, or something. Also a "little" nod to another stupid youthful indrescretion I survived, and 2 (NYCOxGB)xNYCO (BX1) that are above ground. Curious how these go using the new light from the start.

The ones I repoted responded better than the ones I left in solos. I'll repot the rest tomorrow's. Response to nutes was good. I see a broader and narrower leaf phenom. I think. 0913211420_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab260cc8f2e7237c92a33b058d24179c.jpg

2 minutes ago, crownpoodle said:

The ones I repoted responded better than the ones I left in solos. I'll repot the rest tomorrow's. Response to nutes was good. I see a broader and narrower leaf phenom. I think. 0913211420_HDR.thumb.jpg.ab260cc8f2e7237c92a33b058d24179c.jpg

They look waaaaay better! 

0913211839a_HDR.thumb.jpg.03b0adc2fb955e182c1b5adeb45c88d1.jpg

36 minutes ago, oldschool said:

No solo cup pic's?

I'll be fair. The runt triploid and deformed leaf plants got left on purpose. So I expected them to be smaller. I was hoping not too add problems with transplant shock. 

Light is an HLG 100 r-spec. 18/6. 70-75 lights on. Rh low 60s. 

8 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

0913211839a_HDR.thumb.jpg.03b0adc2fb955e182c1b5adeb45c88d1.jpg

I'll be fair. The runt triploid and deformed leaf plants got left on purpose. So I expected them to be smaller. I was hoping not too add problems with transplant shock. 

Light is an HLG 100 r-spec. 18/6. 70-75 lights on. Rh low 60s. 

With that led you should be around 80/82 degrees and upper 60's for humidity.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

With that led you should be around 80/82 degrees and upper 60's for humidity.

The light has only been in a few days. Wanted to see where the temps and rh naturally settled before I started chasing them. 

The diffuser I ordered won't fit well, so back looking. A desk top heater maybe. 

And another fire extinguisher by this tent now too for safety. 

It's not easy growing in  tent's.My neighbor has 2 5x5's.I think it will the death of him trying to dial them in.His fan kick's on to lower humidity and in the process lower's the temp.So he has a heater in the tent and a humidifier.They both run around the clock.Constantly battling each other.I respect anyone getting good number's out of tent.My neighbor hit's around 1.5lb's with 1 620w hlg.

52 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It's not easy growing in  tent's.My neighbor has 2 5x5's.I think it will the death of him trying to dial them in.His fan kick's on to lower humidity and in the process lower's the temp.So he has a heater in the tent and a humidifier.They both run around the clock.Constantly battling each other.I respect anyone getting good number's out of tent.My neighbor hit's around 1.5lb's with 1 620w hlg.

Got a friend who's mothering his tent to death right now. Last report he has about 3 weeks left and had not left his house for a week. Checks them and tweaks everything all day long. I like growing weed. I dont thinky friend will real soon. 

So this is my 3rd shot in the 4x4. #1-light leak and seeds. Never tasted a piece. #2-5 plants and over a # of real fine weed. Uneventful grow. #3- In now at 7 weeks. Had issues. Took advice. Looking to finish fine. Quality remains to be seen. 

For never touching a light before, I feel pretty successful, and I've been good and stoned since run 2 finished. Stop.

Archived