Darlin's Net and Blue DMT

Tynehead Tom

Thanx man, the input is appreciated ;)

I can't get over the leaf size and beefyness of the main stem right up to the top growth. The type of stem vigor and leaf size I'd expect to see on a plant grown in sunshine , not a packed 4x4 cab with a 400MH. It makes me ponder what these might do in the greenhouse even. We will see, the journey is just getting going.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may try to work him into an industrial hemp strain. All the hemp farms I see on the interwebz looks like shit compaired to the shit that grows wild on the side of the road. Maybe since they won't let me grow legal here maybe I can do a hemp farm.🤔

Guest Duck_Doi
2 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

What kind of flowering times were people seeing on these Joe? and judging by what you see, what dominate traits am i looking at? DMT or Blue Dream?

They have awesome fan leaves and one of the three has a stem rub that leaves a tackiness on the fingers and just has a "I know that's gonna be good" kinda smell :D

I'd say her flowering time is between 63 - 70 days. The traits you're seeing come from Blue Dream :D  BD had huge fan leaves with long skinny blades and vigor to compete with GG. I wanted to slow her down a bit and beef her up, the DMT seemed to do that, but it slowed her down a little too much in my opinion.  I believe the smell from the stems is also from Blue Dream.

BayBHuey was growing 3 phenos of the Blue DMT (or whatever you guys are calling it lol) and we made Rosin, I can't remember which pheno it was but BayBHuey and I agreed it was the best stuff we smoked in a long time.

Wish I took clones but I decided not too :5899aa31ab92f_Chimpaughinggif:    Hope this info helps you out some!

I forgot to mention the stockiness comes from DMT

Thanx Duck Doi and Smokin Joe. I do feel blessed to be test growing these and will pop some more as soon as they will fit the rotation.

I fuggered up the name in the thread title where it reads Blue DMT it should read DMT Dream but i got no clue how to edit the thread title. When i do the next seed pop I'll start a DMT Dream thread hahaha :D

thanx again fellas, your input is appreciated!!

:share:

well, no pics for you guys, I know, terrible. Just to disorganized at the moment for taking good pics. All will be smooth n easy here in a few more days. Plants are all very happy. I have a nice little mother of Darlins Net 1 I've topped out and just topped again and removed fans and suckers and another vegged up and almost ready for it's #5 flowering pot. Darlins net female #2 took some challenge to root so I cut 4 extra a week later.... well now I have 5 of those rooted and just starting to get thier legs and start vegging.

dropped some seeds last week, 4 darlins net, 4 sour dubb x dmt , got 1 s.dubb x dmt above ground and 3 darlins..... i see mounds in the starters of the the others so hope to see them all up in a day or so.

hmmmmm what else..... still no roots on the clones of the 3 DMT Dreams but they look awesome and have since day 1..... they should be rooted I dunno wtf LOL , so we wait. Bright side is the 3 "mums" are healing up nice and starting to push out big leaves again so i gotta flower them or they will indeed be fuggen trees.

I'll be stuffin this thread with pics before long, thanx for bearin with me :smoking-hookah:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a few more days turned into a 2 week gap in updates but that's okay, the good part is coming.

I gotta say right off the top, the DMT Dream plants are amazing..... hardy as fuk. I might try one of these outside we'll see.

There are 3 in the flower room for 4 days now and i'd say going into flower that are nearly 2 feet above the soil LOL , 20 inch bushes at the minumum.

I can't even describe the smells on these but to say wow ;) Pictures speak a thousand words so I'll try and move them for pics later.

Darlins Nets are very cool plants. Again , awesome smells from the stem rubs like household cleaner, candy and fuel on the one. The other a bit more subdued. I've been calling them #1 and #2 and had rooted clones of #1 a few weeks back and #2 took 3 attempts but the last batch all rooted.

So going into flower I have a small darlin's net 1 and 2 and i've kept 1 each for mums till i smoke test the clones. I killed the seed parents as they just wouldn't fit in the room LOL

I popped more darlin's net a couple weeks ago now and 3 seedlings are doing thier thing in starters. Due for a transplant to a solo cup today.

Have had a hard time with cloning in my hashed together bedroom veg room but that's all gone now and everything is moved to the new grow space.

I have a 3 shelf cabinet built with floros, bottom for banzai mums to a foot tall, middle for vegging rooted clones and seedlings and top for 4 x high dome clone trays. All 2x4 and plywood, painted with stain/mold oil based white paint/primer. Has hinged front doors for each shelf. Little over kill but i like it, has good airflow but still holds the heat in. Temps inside the shelfs are holding between 76F and 79F , 69% humidity. 

The DMT Dreams and Darlins nets are in the 7.5x7.5 room with my NH940 HPS and a simple parabol. Keeping this room pretty bare bones but will get a full meal deal done to it before fall;s indoor season starts again.

I don't even have an exhaust fan right now running and the room is not hitting 80..... kinda holding at 76F 45% RH

Gonna fire up the building's natural gas heater and set it to 10c in the shop and see if that raises the flower room temp thru the passive intake.

@Smokin Joe Pics of these plants coming soon bud ;) they are awesome, thankyou! Can't wait to see them in full bloom

Better off doing it once proper imo! Good job! Especially for clones and seeds it gets annoying if conditions kill things you need to live..

cant wait till ya get her all finished up, it's fun building new!

cheers bud, and hurry up with those pics already! Forgot about this threAd.. lol..

I figured I'd use the main part of the shop as the lung room kid of thing.

i have a 4" passive intake from the shop into the flower room and a 4" passive between the flower and veg/work space.

with the 14" fan blowing straight up at the light I'm getting good air flow and all the plants look like they have a gentle breeze even with them all packed in there.

Lights off temps are getting to low and that's during the daytime here so I set a heater in there on auto for 20C

that is making things work as far as temps go but i'm getting humidity spikes and drops depending on how wet the pots are....... no good if you ask me.

I need to get an exhaust fan going but to do so means finding a hassle free way of providing more heat...... I'll figure it out and might go pic up a small baseboard heater and thermostat.

Baseboard heater burns as much power as a light. I'd throw another light on for veg/pre veg/ breeding or something on the opposite light schedule. I just hate burning power on heat lol just my thoughts

it will also help your humidity problems exchange air between the two different light cycles 

I hear you there and have thought about that. The shop has a natural gas heater as well that i could fire up but trying to avoid it 

Maybe i need to throw up a 400W and flower out some clones on the off cycle and can use it for sexing seedlings as well. If it adds 10C to ambient I'll be laughing

For that space i would say you would need 1000w to bring it up 8 deg , 600w might get you close enough that your happy

thats if your venting into a lung room first, if you exhaust the 400w directly into the other grow it might get you 4-5 deg. 

Easy to play with and fine tune tho. I do the same thing for finishing sativas or use it as a preveg area. Sometimes I stick moms in there for a week before I cut clones to get them rocking with nice new growth. But that spare room does come in real handy

my head hurts LOL 

1/2 of me just wants to set that fuggen ice hut up again and do exactly what i was doing before i moved. I am realizing now just how perfect of an environment it provided. I'll get it dialed one way or another. I just need a bunch of bud to make it thru the outdoor season ;)

Second flower room just for temp control :)

lol

got pm in 5 day with out heater here... need a good day night without humidity spikes for healthy no spray room imo... agree sucks spending $ on heat... but spray is the worst and in the wet climate it all over outside...

cheers 

ya i shoulda set it up as a side by side flip room I know.

Time to open up some grow equipment totes and pull some gear out, I agree , it's silly to use a baseboard or other energy source when i can just hang another light and balance things out. There are no light leaks between the 7.5 x 7.5 flower room and the veg/work space room so I'm good to get creative.

I got some pics finally!! we are in week 1 of flower so not much to show yet.

Plants are all about 2 feet tall and in #5 pots

DSC04390 - Copy.JPG

DSC04395 - Copy.JPG

DSC04396 - Copy.JPG

DSC04397 - Copy.JPG

DSC04398 - Copy.JPG

29 minutes ago, Ganja Ken said:

I am late on this one.... watching now tho!!

:passing-joint-smiley-emoticon: 

I think you snuck in the door just in time to see the start of the good stuff man ;)

Darlin's net is high on my list of must smoke strains.... I started following along on the other site soon after joining and considering how long i've had the beans in my mitts..... the buds from these plants are "much" anticipated.

I got a feeling the DMT Dream will be another of those crosses where folks are gonna find a keeper in every pack. They are so stocky and full of vigor and they just look like they are built to grow big ass buds. We will see!!

I have seen Darlin's Net all over the labs so it must be something special! 

I took a long hard look on the DMT Breaths too but those scouts came up and were at the top of my wishlist and well could only choose one. Glad I at least get to see them grow here tho that's almost just as fun!

fak me ..... that awesome smelling, tight noded, fast rooting , rip saw leafed Darlins Net is a male!! WTF? I was sure it was a female but there ain't no calyxes, them are nuts brah!!

What a dilemna , such a nice plant LOL

I also noticed another plant in my room I had tagged a female with what i though were calyxes ,ended up being pods. Not intersex at all I been checking that hard but it's a week into flower so i should know for sure on everything. Got lots of plants but faaaaaak I was hoping to see what kinda buds that Rip Saw was gonna grow LOL I have a topped out clone i've had vegging and man it just looks so good.... how can it be male LOL

oh well , let's keep our fingers crossed the other one is actually a female.

Those DMT dreams are all girls tho ;) no question there

impulsive seed pop...... i'm feeling that sour dubb x dmt is seriously under represented with only 2 x couple week old seedlings growing so gonna pop 3 more beans.

that's it.... done..... 420 seed pop complete for reals LOL

oh now that's very nice , has such an exotic look to it eh?! 

teasing me with these glorious bud shots @Smokin Joe , hope i find something like that in the f1.

I gave a pretty good grip of those left so gonna keep hunting thru them. Looking forward to harvest time in this run!!

Archived