Darlin's Net and Blue DMT

Tynehead Tom

A while back Smokin Joe set me up with some beans to try out and I have been quietly making some progress.

I popped the Darlin's nets a while back now and 2 females were sexed and kept, topping to keep them small.

They were slow vegging while i tried to rid my grow of thrips and then my house sold and we had to move. I kept the 2 Darlin's Net females alive and finally a few weeks ago got them under proper light. They are only just now worthy of taking pics of LOL. Be kind, they are a bit rootbound and also still fighting thrips. Hope to have the upper hand here shortly.

comments are welcome and thanx again to Smokin Joe for blessing me with these.

not the best pics but will have to do fer now :D

Darlin's Net #2 feb 13 - Copy.JPG

Darlin's Net #1 fan leaf feb 13 - Copy.JPG

Darlin's Net #1 & #2 feb 13 - Copy.JPG

Darlin's Net #1 feb 13 - Copy.JPG

Darlin's Net #2 fan leaf feb 13 - Copy.JPG

hmmm, the pics are out of order LOL oh well, I labelled them so you get the idea hahaha

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rasta.nana:

One of mine had to get the axe...she went and got all manly on me....lol

Bummer for sure. .but got one still in FLW..nipped a few clones,in case she ends up being worthy O.o...

Good deal to hear ya gettin back on track and things are looking better...

10 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

Those are gonna make some massive bushes. I'll just be over here in this cloud of blue smoke. 

Ya man , imagine what they are gonna do under the 1000w and after i rid them of the fuggen thrips. Thrips just slow them down from thier potential and nothing i have found up here has completely rid me of them. They have come in the middle of winter and i am now convinced I get them in every new bale of media..... like the industry here is innoculating every bale with thrips er sumthin LOL

I took the advice of some other helpful folks and found monteray's garden spray with spinosad in a 32 ounce bottle so that should arrive in 2 days now. Chompin at the bit to try this thrip killer as it comes highly recommended by so many growers.

Took my wife out for some ice fishin fun today and now we're off to dinner in town. After all my manly valentines day duties are performed, I'll try and throw up some Blue DMT pics up.

Shouldn't take long to get those duties outta the way but don't forget to wash your face afterwards or when it dries you'll look like you've  been eating glazed doughnuts 

1 hour ago, Smokin Joe said:

Shouldn't take long to get those duties outta the way but don't forget to wash your face afterwards or when it dries you'll look like you've  been eating glazed doughnuts 

Ouch....lol

Or ya got real sloppy brushing ya teeth and didnt wipe off. ..lol

Good one smokinJoe... xD

well, 48 hours later, I've escaped the clutches of my horn dog wife and am back to my other duties hahaha

just kidding, ice fishin has been killer and if I go super early the ice is hard to about 10 am then starts getting slushy and is no fun walkin in no more.

My kokanee glory hole is 1200 yards out into the middle of the lake, fishin over 90 feet of water. 2 feet of ice now but the snow on top goes to mush with the warmer weather this week. Gotta get them winter kokanee while the gittin is good :D

anyhow I'm a lil embarrasses because i fuggerd up the name of this variety in my thread title. It should read DMT Dream I think. I can't seem to edit it? Any ideas how to change my thread title anyone?

so here we are , not sure what day from seed we are at but somewhere's around 5 1/2 to 6 weeks now. The initial nubbins of sexual orientation are starting to develop, won't be long now. Here's some pics. They are getting doused with monterey's garden spray with spinosad, which finally arrived yesterday way out here in the stix. 78 bux canadian for a 32oz bottle..... coulda been 500 bux i woulda gladly paid it. Can't find this shit anywhere but amazon if yer from canada.

here we go, #1 thru #4 

DMT Dream #1 feb16 side - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream #1 feb16 top - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream #2 feb16 side - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream #2 feb16 top - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream #3 feb16 side - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream #3 feb16 top - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream #4 feb16 side - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream #4 feb16 top - Copy.JPG

Guest 3rdCoaster

Hey, things are looking healthy and green in those recent shots. Do DMT and Darlins Net have some Sour Bubble in them? I might just be confused.

Darn thrips trying to crash the party.  Spinosad is also sold under the "Captain Jacks Dead Bug" label and might be another option. SM90 has worked equally well as a foliar and soil drench, particularly if you think your bales are the vector.

I know you have it covered, carry on.

and I think DMT is a Sour Bubble BX1 IX3  

those ones i was gonna send you that Smokin Joe sent me.... are sour dubb x DMT , got 1/2 of what he sent me on the way to ya ;)

Guest 3rdCoaster

With the Gorrila Bubble, Lifesaver, Dmt, Darlins net and Sour Bubble all under one roof ....sort of a one sided genetic family reunion.  Just need to add some Jack the ripper, GG4, and  Indiana Bubble gum to round it out...i think

Yes dmt is a worked sour bubble and sour dubb is another sour bubble. Dmt and Sdubb are a lot alike so the should make a good pair. 

Darlins net is GG4 x DMT.

12 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

those ones i was gonna send you that Smokin Joe sent me.... are sour dubb x DMT , got 1/2 of what he sent me on the way to ya ;)

damn i got confused with the usernames there LOL sent those beans to Coastal .... not 3rdCoaster ..... oops :D

1 hour ago, jm420 said:

get ya some promis for the thrips i only had to give 1 time and havnt seen them since

http://npk-industries.com/pesticides.html

thanx for the link jm420.

I sprayed everything yesterday and looking at the plants right now, all i see is dead thrips :) 

The monterey's can be run thru the soil as well apparently but the spray has killed evertyhing in the foilage. Will repeat in a few days and untill thier life cycle is done.

• 2 weeks later...

about due for an update in this thread eh?

will get some pics up in a bit here but thought i would comment a little.

pleased to say I seem to have won the battle with the thrips :)

These DMT Dream are hardy, stocky plants with big fat main stems, big lush greeny blue leaves and the similarities between all 4 are quite striking.

They are handling everything I'm throwing at them like champs. They are also doing very well with low wattage veg which is nice to see.

Of the 4 seedlings, 3 are of short stocky stature and 1 is shooting up a bit above the rest. What I like is that they are staying reasonable tight between the nodes under the floros.... this suits my methods very well. 

Stem rub smells are starting to get a bit more complex. One smells like freshly peeled carrot , the other 3 smell similar with a musky slightly sweet funk.

I am also starting to get "skunky" (using that term loosely) odors off them when moving them around.

Cloning time real soon.

pics coming in a bit here just cleaning them up.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm I was supposed to drop some pics in this thread last week and i guess i forgot to post them LOL

taking some new ones today.

It's looking like I have 3 females and a male but not 100% certain. 1 female for sure though.

These plants are so very similar other than height differences and the numbered tags it would be impossible to tell them apart.

The stem rub smells are all basically the same as well.

The stalks are nuts, fatter than a standard pencil , very thick and stong. They don't seem to want to branch out and not sure if that is a trait of one of the parents or dictated by pot size like some plants seem to be. I've seen it on some varieties where a wider pot seems to make the plant branch out more.

Anyhow, these are growing very much like a typical original Shiskaberry and I have a hard time picking out the differences between the plants when i put them together. Overall, the DMT Dream (blue dream x dmt) are pleasing me and they will continue to veg for a bit. Haven't cut clones yet but gave themone size bigger pot and they are now getting full strength nutes in a #2.5 tall pot sunshine 4 supplement with dolopril tblspoon pergallon of soil. General hydro flora, 8ml micro/16bloom, 2tspn espom, 3 ml h202, per gallon of RO water , PH'd to 6.8

Not sure what to do with the males yet as i hadn't intended to make any beans with these but if anything stands out to the possum ridge/ninefold crew , speak up and I can make efforts to preserve anything deemed "special".

I have no experience with blue dream or DMT kush so have no parameters to use to pheno hunt with other than what is pleasing to me hehe

Lot's more beans left though so these are just the first 4 to be grown this year. I'll get those pics up here shortly.

Got two of these nicely rooted and vegging along. Transplant to 1 gallons today and time for a quick pic.

This is pheno #1 of the two females so far. Having a tough time rooting clones at the moment so still working on getting some of pheno #2 rooted.

Keeping this one here as a mum and her twin is going to flower in 10 days.

DSC04304 - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream females They are getting very tall under the 400w and just about gonna hit the shade so have to flip these asap.

They are identical except one has a fruitier kinda floor cleaner kinda smell? They all smell great though and the vigor is nuts. The stems are thick and beefy like corn stalks haha. I bet these are gonna grow some clubs.... and we will see shortly what they gonna do in the bud room. They have dinner plate fan leaves, bigger than my hand for sure.

DMT Dream Mar 20 pic1 - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream Mar 20 pic2 - Copy.JPG

DMT Dream Mar 20 pic3 - Copy.JPG

No not really. Too be honest everything has been packed so tight under that 400w halide that it may just be them fighting for light vs putting that energy into branching. I like these plants though so it's one of those things where I may top them soon just to keep them manageable, keeping them in veg a couple more weeks instead of flipping right away.

Now I wasn't going to clone these and instead just pop another round of beans but now there is proper space under the 400, if i chop the top foot off them I can get em to bush up nice.

What kind of flowering times were people seeing on these Joe? and judging by what you see, what dominate traits am i looking at? DMT or Blue Dream?

They have awesome fan leaves and one of the three has a stem rub that leaves a tackiness on the fingers and just has a "I know that's gonna be good" kinda smell :D

Dmt has no problem branching but  grows so slow that you hardly notice it growing. It just gets bigger over time lol Responds well to topping and has a sturdy main stalk with plenty of strong branching and tight internodes. I would say you have a good combination of the 2 and with some topping and training you should see some bushes. 

Duck should be along soon to give his take on it.

Archived