SFVOG x LBL

Tynehead Tom

Howdy all

I figured it's about time I got a few threads going to document some of the stuff I have going on and the Bad Dog Genetics SFVOG x Long Bottom Leaf is one i got going.

Popped a few of these on christmas day and have had them vegging under 128watts of T8 4ft 4100K floros. They are currently in 1 gallons of sunshine 4 and getting 1/2 strength lucas formula GH flora series. Additionally I top dressed with some gypsum the other day and have been alternating applications of epsom. 

Anyhow, I haven't scoped them out for signs of sex yet and they aren't big enuff to clone just yet either. I'll be vegging them for at least another couple weeks while i wait for the main veg room to be moved into flowering mode. Then these will get snuggly with a 400W halide and a transplant.

My observations so far is that they have a nice "potent" smelling steb rub, which is very similar all around among the plants. There might be one that has a bit stronger of a smell but otherwise they are similar. What is also similar is leaf shape and general appearance..... time will tell.

Having no experience with this variety I am inclined to follow a process of eliminating fan leaves on established main shoots to bush the plants out versus topping them. If anyone experienced in growing this cross or it's parents want to chime in with a better idea.... I'm one of them guys that can take advice and criticisms so fire away ;)

I'm just cleaning up pics and will get them loaded up. A warning tho, I have thrips, they seem to come already infested in the new media. Spinosad is on the way and tracking shows it arriving on the 16th..... I can't wait. I've found nothing in canada that truly wipes them out, well, at least nothing I'm gonna spray on my plants anyways LOL

be right back with pics to get this grow diary rolling along !!!

Little update without pics, we'll do that next week.

I topped all the plants to encourage branching and keep them manageable in thier veg space. These will be in veg for some time yet as I want them to be good sized plants. I can say one thing for sure, if they didn't have numbered tags, I couldn't tell them apart. Same structure, stem rubs smells, leaf shape, height and growth rate.. same same all around.

I used the tops for a clone of each one but will be getting more cuts once they veg up a bit. Very nice plants to grow so far :D

Sm-90 will kill at the soil level and adds some sulfer/ is a wettting agent. Dr doom cans are great for  veg(no flowers at least)... just give. A blast or 5-20 seconds depending on room size when leaving every 2 days and they'll be long gone in no time.

the living pest management is easy and actually effective for these too.. bio best probably ship in warmer seasons...

cheers man,looking great, hope ya find some fire 

The Monterey's garden spray with spinosad has wiped them out so far. Haven't seen a thrip in days now and I've been pouring over the plants with a magnifier and lifting pots to look for crawlers.

3 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

The Monterey's garden spray with spinosad has wiped them out so far. Haven't seen a thrip in days now and I've been pouring over the plants with a magnifier and lifting pots to look for crawlers.

That shit seems to destroy thrips, gnats, and spider mites. Its magic in a bottle!

• 2 weeks later...

they getting sexed right now . I took cuttings so once they root I'll be flipping the female seed plants to flower.

things are kinda in a bit of disarray as I'm sexing all the seedlings I've got going so will get some pics of the girls once they show.

sorry about the lack of updates. Got tonnes on my plate and so many varieties i'm hunting thru.

I topped these for cloning but they kinda dried out a bit while i was away hunting so i pitched them.

I just cut a fresh batch from each of the 5 so they look all hacked up right now. These need a transplant and moved to the halide for more weeks of veg.

I'll do another update when the clones root and the plants shoot be a bit more photo worthy LOL

trucking along tho and starting to give off some nice smells. Looks like #2 is female fer sure.... maybe a couple more but not gonna sex them for a few weeks yet.

stay tuned...... ;)

• 1 month later...

i like the notification system , someone likes a post in a thread and reminds me I haven't updated in over a month ....

The first 5 seed pop gave me all males and if one scrolls up to the pics i posted, I chose #5 as the one i made sure i got rooted cuts of. Lucky me it was the easiest of the bunch to root LOL

I've always seemed to have a knack for picking out good males and this one I feel is one to hang on to for a bit. DBJ gave me the greenlight to explore what he might have to offer in so I've kept one clone of the #5 SFVOG BX1 male to keep on the back burner of my breeding program.

I want to pop the other 5 beans in the pack to look for a girl or two so I've pulled them from the vault and they will go in my 4-20 seed pop.

will update here when it happens

Done ;)

last 5 SFVOG BX1 beans in the paper towels for a soak.

hey DBJ ..... damn man, thanx for all the cool shit and the happy birthday wishes LOL

4-20-2017 Seed Pop - Copy.JPG

Had tails in 48 hrs on the 5 beans left in the pack. 

4 are above ground as of yesterday morning and I see the ground breaking on the 5th I think..... Lets all pray for females this time haha ;) 

I have someof theses about 6 weeks into flower, unfortunately I miss labeled the lbl x starfighter and the sfv x lbl . I will try and get some  pictures up here soon all super frosty. 

Pleased to say the remaining 5 beans all popped and even though 1 lagged behind sprouting a few days and needed help removing seed husk and membrane..... all 5 are up and happy and transplanted from starters to solo cups. Week 1 of veg begins.... please everyone, pray to the cannabis gods for girls this time haha. Struck all males the first go round.

DSC04467 - Copy.JPG

I see in your future many fine young women, but they all are green.

Best wishes, got a few things a sproutin' myself so I don't care what my wife says, I need some new fine young women in my life too, even if they are green.

:post-40-0-28140300-1336575145: I like this new Emoticon

On 4/20/2017 at 5:16 PM, Tynehead Tom said:

Done ;)

last 5 SFVOG BX1 beans in the paper towels for a soak.

hey DBJ ..... damn man, thanx for all the cool shit and the happy birthday wishes LOL

4-20-2017 Seed Pop - Copy.JPG

Somthin' bout stickers, Don't know what it is but I just love em. Like a foot fetish or somthin'. 

• 4 weeks later...

hmmmm forgot to take pics of these last night.... i'm slacking haha

the 5 seedlings are doing well tho they spent probably a week more than they needed to in the solo cups. Still no branches and they are getting kinda tallish.

I transplanted last night to 1 gallons and moved them from the floro cab to the 400mh enclosure. Should get them going ;) There's 4 tall ones and one short one.... praying i get at least one nice lady. Will get some pics later today

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for lack of pics, just so many plants going right now LOL

these finished sexing and got 3 males and 2 females. Will get some pics up this week, got lots on my plate ;)

• 4 weeks later...

so my two girls are flowering pretty hard now. One has typical OG type bud shape where the other has very spear like flower going on. The spear shaped one also has little leaflets in the flowers and smells strongly of mint or spearmint. The other smells much more like a typical OG. These are pretty much growing as totem poles so probably won't get very big. I think I need to learn to top the OG varieties and bush them out before I flower them as I'm seeing most of the OG types I've been trying, growing like totem poles with no branches. will take some pics when the light comes on.

• 6 months later...

Archived