Introducing Swordfish

Tynehead Tom

As much as I've heard the tuna breeding lore... doesn't strike me as much og or lambsbread... that would be quite a stretchy sat. Leaner imo...

i grew the black tuna a few years back, and imo it and the pink that people are now calling death bubba, are likely from the same x and the rumour I heard was the big green hp x king kush...

never actually seeded my tuna, but when I hit my pink with a king  x john (bcbb x nl) it can out with a lot of hp leaners....

youll know when ya hit it with the sfv x lbl... if it's a bx r not...

then hit it with my pink x(pink x (king x john)) male and see what happens... 

killer variety either way! One of BC 's best kushes... and we do produce the odd p...

ill pop some if I pheno hunt my king john again!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get much stretch on any of the phenos, they didn't even double in size and they were flipped small. That hashplant pheno is about 2" taller than the rest and they were the same size going into flower. 

Looking at toms chart the shiska had some afghani background in it, so it's hard to say where it's coming from but out of all the plants (25 I think I started with) , I only got the one hashplant pheno

if one looks at black tuna in my grow from the other site, and then peruse the internet for herijuana ..... the similarities are undeniable. from clone to cured bud, from emergent leaf trait to the colorations in fade. Also, I've grown the pink, the purple, i see bubba d again which is what everyone up here seems to be calling death bubba...... I'll stand by my guns that the real black tuna doesn't come from those lines.

I have been purposefully popping seeds of OG types from well known breeders and none of them grow like the black tuna in my garden. It is far more hardy than any of the OG's and every OG I've grown throws more sativa like leaves or Narrow Leaf Drug Plant type. Not so with the Black Tuna. Give her sunshine and she show's her dinner plate afghan type leaves.

I'll stick to my guns and we will watch the expressions..... but I see no "OG" in the Black Tuna I'm working with.

We should see afghan expressions though as Shiskaberry 3 is the shiskaberry crossed back to it's afghan parent.

No stretch or minimal stretch will be most certainly a shiskaberry trait, Narrow sativa- ish leaves will also be a shiskaberry trait , especially as they get further into flower.

In my observations so far, I'm finding the stem rubs have been dominated by black tuna , leaf shape more to the shiskaberry side , structure seems greatly improved by the black tuna as I'm seeing less totem pole phenos......

So what are you seeing/ thinking about these plants tom? 

My analysis so far

vigrous and hearty plants

nice structure with minimal stretch 

all phenos are nice and frosty with minimal variations 

lots of different smells I can't quite describe yet

tolerant of grower mistakes

med-heavy feeders

then my odd ball hashplant pheno

a bit finicky to grow

greasy little bastered 

smells like hash

nice structure

biger root mass compared to the others

not so tolerant of low ph or grower error

fungus nats don't like this plant at all? Weird as I have never seen them be picky before

I think Petrolia Headstash was an afghan influenced hash plant type but I'd have to go back and look at it's make up again.

So far for me I have been ruthlessly selecting among the males and haven't found "him" yet. None of the males I have put into the flowering box have stretched much tho some do resemble the Black Tuna more than the shiska.

I didn't make this cross with the intent to introduce a new F1 to the world , instead I chose the shiskaberry because i thought it would allow for easy pheno hunting.... maybe i was wrong hahaha.

So far every plant has a stem rub that just makes me grin and I have kept one female mother from a seed pop in the fall and kept another would be mother from recent seed pop. I am down to the one mother and the new seed plant female and have culled all others. These two females, one leans totally Black Tuna while the other is keeping to a shiskaberry structure and leaf. Very dank powerful skunky berry stem rub on the shiska leaner.

I'm trying to stay ruthlessly selective but so far..... if i can say so myself, I think folks holding these beans better pop em sooner than later as they will most certainly find some new and exciting plants that are a bit of an escape from the glues, chems, cookies ect (not that there is anything wrong with those)

I have a long list of killer varieties in my room and these Swordfish plants "by far" have the strongest and most complex smells over anything else in the garden.

I would have to say the shiska male dominated this cross for sure.

the old shiska that went around up north wasn't this frosty so I kinda figured that was from the tuna

there are also some smells that are nothing like shiska so she may have influenced that too.

dont know what to say about the hashplant pheno except I like it and I'm gonna grow it properly next time too see what's up, the buds are dense and a bit bigger than the rest of the plants. 

Ill let let them go until at least 10% amber or better to see if I get any of those colours you see on the tuna

quick call to my friend who hooks me up with tight held BC cuts and is the one who brought me the black tuna for breeding.

The original breeder went by the handle Rocky Mountain Kush and was part of the group that became 5 star organics. The cut itself was originally sourced from a gal named Jane, who is very well known in BC med circles going back a couple decades now. Also the source of my juicy fruit thai cut which i have some top secret plans for :D From where I sit, this is all second hand info for me and stories are what they are.... we can only hope we are gleaning the correct info.

I take the info I'm given and then try and exhaustively prove it wrong. Haven't been able to do that with this cut and all the comparisons to potential parent plants lead me positively back to Herijuana being the main expression in this particular plant. leading me to believe the origins I am being given are true.

We will have a old shiskaberry clone here soon with the 79 romulan nice work on these will be grabbing some once they drop a glg here is a grape romulan I'm thumbing she has fans huge fan leafs

IMG_20170311_131002_755.jpg

IMG_20170228_101715.jpg

hey all.

I'm taking a break from posting for a while 

hopefully those growing the swordfish , LMZ and shiskabah will post up some comments and pics and carry on in my absence.

I've let some of this internet forum shit (not here) get to me and usually when i get pissed off like this , someone gets a hospital trip so I just gotta go back to my garden and cool my jets for a while. I was naiive to put trust in a few folks and naiive in how i went about expressing my concerns, that part is my fault and it's simply a large lesson learned. I'm a grower and a breeder and when i decided to finally join the internet of weed a year ago I never expected to be the target of a bunch of shit slinging monkeys (icmag)...... for speaking truth.

so grow on my friends and I'll be back around soon enuff.

Now..... back to my garden I gots shit to do ;)

Don't let it get to u there is good folks on the net I've been on the net for over ten years it's sometimes hard to read folks but everything happens for a reason mite now see it now but in do time will9_9 I will be cracking some of your swordfish beans here soon

Guest Oldproseeds
15 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

hey all.

I'm taking a break from posting for a while 

hopefully those growing the swordfish , LMZ and shiskabah will post up some comments and pics and carry on in my absence.

I've let some of this internet forum shit (not here) get to me and usually when i get pissed off like this , someone gets a hospital trip so I just gotta go back to my garden and cool my jets for a while. I was naiive to put trust in a few folks and naiive in how i went about expressing my concerns, that part is my fault and it's simply a large lesson learned. I'm a grower and a breeder and when i decided to finally join the internet of weed a year ago I never expected to be the target of a bunch of shit slinging monkeys (icmag)...... for speaking truth.

so grow on my friends and I'll be back around soon enuff.

Now..... back to my garden I gots shit to do ;)

MAN,that ic maggot sucks SO BAD huh........

NEVER MIND THEM BUMBS!!!!!!!

Op

I agree with OP.

isnt that why you came here?

Refuge?

Fuck it just leave it be.

You said your part and got rewarded for it ( banned ).

This is a chill spot, just chill,

Fuck Em'..:smileys-passing-joint:

ive been dreading the time when the ic rag scum would find us,seems it has happend

i told @Tynehead Tom to hang out and not take it to heart 

its his call from there

i dont have time to monitor everythread so if anyone sees shithead showing there asses lemme know and i'll do what i can to shut them down quick

20 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

I'm a grower and a breeder and when i decided to finally join the internet of weed a year ago I never expected to be the target of a bunch of shit slinging monkeys (icmag)...... for speaking truth.

thats why i dont want to be a breeder,to much bs to contend with

making seeds is one thing but the business end is bs 

Guest imiubu

For years now I've read over at what jm so lovingly refers to as ... "the rag" and have seen too much drama unfold there.

I don't post nor get involved as it does not concern me.  I sure watch though and make mental notes on who acts out poorly.

I do participate on many forums not only cannabis and have been so pissed off b4 that I simply walked away for a time.

I let my mind chew it up and process the bs while keeping busy with other projects.  This helps me to find my balance again

and realize that by allowing ass hats who create drama to take up space in my head gives them power... no ass hat gets rent

free in my head for long these days.  Fug em, I control I.

The internet is not any different than 'real' life in a social context.. there is an asshole (or many) in every crowd and it's up

to I as to how I allow them to affect I.

Even in 'real' life we all need to take a break to recharge, regroup, refocus and find balance it just is life.

@Tynehead Tom  I've been watching your work even if I don't post :)

If ya gotta take some time...  I just hope you soon return to continue sharing your work, your passion.

This is the only plant that leans hard to black tuna, it has the budshape, fat leaves and smell.  It didn't stretch like black tuna should but that's the only difference I can notice as of now

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

Group shot

all the other plants have the shiskaberry bud shape. Lots of unique smells between plants and some are rock solid nugs while others are just "dense"

IMG_2540.JPG

LOL I figured as much. I try not to get to caught up in it all, but I had a good laugh today. Appearntly anyone over here with tom are just his "groupies" and stoned 40   Aka "almost" knows our names hahahaha.   I literally laughed out loud, gotta love the internet. 

3 hours ago, Ogtg2213 said:

stoned 40   Aka "almost" knows

stoned forty years or somthin? lol hes a shitbag, theres another dude who goes by that handle as well 

probably all the same shithead fuckin trolls from the rag lol

what thread did ya see it in over there i'll go fuck with him

Yes stoned 40 years I think, seedbay forum baked beans , baking in the sun thread,2 pages back. but don't stoop to that level.... I almost did my self but just read it and laughed. It's Just the pot calling the kettle black. You know there reading this thread anyways so just take it for what it is. Hopefully if no one stirs the pot they will stay in beans thread and we can stay here. It's shady and clicky over on the dark side. Don't bother with it. 

even 2 respectable guys I usto enjoy reading there posts have gotten into it and taken "sides". I can't say I like it.

This new culture we live in thinks rats and mouths are acceptable as long as it was for the "greater good"  that kinda stuff will get ya cut up and put in a cement suitcase where I come from. I can't agree with it even if it was a friend to a friend or any circumstance . It's just not acceptable. If they had problems with what tom said in pm then they should have told tom to fuck off, nothing more nothing less.

Thats all this "groupie" has to say about that. And I'll forever hold my peice now. See yas on the next round of Picts!

how about that black tuna pheno tho eh?

im keeping the hash plant pheno, the tuna pheno and the nicest smoking shiska pheno for round 2. 

wow! nice pics man.

thanx for posting those as they are certainly putting the smile back on my face.

I'm sprouting another round as we speak and now it's all about finding the black tuna leaning male.

You are right about the shiskaberry trying to dominate this first generation but I do have a female now that is all Black Tuna so far. Still have to fully flower her out and have fresh black tuna and Swordfish "1" cuttings rooting so that once they root they can flower side by side for comparison.

I have kept a female from the second round of beans that is full on shiskaberry and is just a spectacular plant in my opinion. I'll try and do up some pics , something i haven't been very good at this past week. I haven't mentioned it in the past but nerve damage makes me a lil shaky and getting clear pics can be extremely difficult at times for me depending on how bad i am that day. the more i try and hold the camera steady, the fuzzy the pics get haha

Archived