Auto advice

Captainmorgan

Well my garden got hit with Hop Latent Viroid so I'm having to start from scratch again. Was thinking of doing some autos to save a little time to the first chop. I've been told that auto's have come a long way in recent years so I thought I would try a few. Looking for some input on selection, I grow organic and have been spoiled by elite genetics and high THC levels.

14 hours ago, Captainmorgan said:

I grow organic and have been spoiled by elite genetics and high THC levels.

@Captainmorgan imo you might struggle a bit to reach those levels with autos but

there are some good ones out there. I've just run the Zamal auto from Ace and the Cinderella Jack auto

from Dutch Passion in the greenhouse and they've both turned out pretty good yielders - 2 oz a piece -

and they were only in 10" / 7 litre pots - 

and both nicely pokey, even without a cure. Good terps too. I might give them a go under lights myself.

So I would recommend these 2 for your consideration. Mephisto have some good gear too I hear. 

Their Walter White was potent when I grew that 4 or 5 years ago - not available now I believe. 

Afterthought Autos have some nice sounding stuff too and have a presence here so might be worth tapping them up.

Good luck with the selection search !

Needed to get the ball rolling so I went with Mephisto Sour Stomper to start, seemed like a safe bet without more input, checking on some extra deep pots.

4 hours ago, Ilynnboy said:

@highdihigh how is the C99xJH? I’ve been looking for an auto C99 for a while.

something that has the special pheno’s with the goods.

@Ilynnboy - hello mate - hope all is well with you and yours my friend !

Well, I've only grown the one plant so not exactly a comprehensive review of the strain but

on this evidence it's worth a punt. My plant definitely has a Herer-like tinge to the buzz.

I remember the Herer buzz as a feel good/happy one and this plant is on the same track.

Can't speak for the C99 side of things as I'm not really conversant with that strain.

Of course, I may well have been lucky with pheno type etc. on this one but as I mentioned

earlier I may put some under lights - with the Zamal auto - and do an auto run. 

I'm looking forward to testing some more after the cure.

Sorry I can't be of more help re the C99 side of things

On 9/21/2020 at 12:58 PM, Captainmorgan said:

Ordered some 8 gal pots for the autos, 11" round x 24" tall tree pots.

Those should work well @Captainmorgan.

are you starting them in their final pot?

I’ve grown a few and they didn’t seem to like transplanting.

Flowering soon after the transplant.

Are you gonna show their progress?

Also,

did you sort out your genetics yet?

12 minutes ago, Ilynnboy said:

Those should work well @Captainmorgan.

are you starting them in their final pot?

I’ve grown a few and they didn’t seem to like transplanting.

Flowering soon after the transplant.

Are you gonna show their progress?

Also,

did you sort out your genetics yet?

Yep, I was going to start them in those tree pots. I was hoping to get some advice on the autos from some experienced auto growers. I'll post on the grow but not in Afterthought's forum since I ended up with Mephisto for my first go round with autos. I kept a couple plants alive so I can send samples to the lab to confirm HLV and I ordered some seeds, just waiting for them to arrive.

Archived