Chronic2001's Contest entry 2020

Chronic2001

@Chronic2001 how's those ladies performing for you?

Should be looking real good at this stage

I don't have enough of the super collider left to drop any more but I will be using the remaining seed to hunt out some parents to make more beans with.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is 4 weeks. Not perfect but it should be a good enough run to tell what's a keeper or not. Im planning on rebuilding everything after this run and making it easier to get around to work, flush plants, prune, that type of thing so quality should only go up from here. All plants look similar on structure. I pruned hard since there was so many large plants in such a small room. @Tynehead Tomdid I leave to many leaves on? I normally take off a little more then that.

318 (3).jpg

318 (2).jpg

318 (1).jpg

318.jpg

Couple different nug shots. All from different plants. Some are better quality because I didn't have to try and zoom in across the room to get a photo.😁

Photos are Day: 32

320.jpg

320 (1).jpg

320 (2).jpg

320 (3).jpg

@Tynehead Tom so I have 1 pheno that looks like it will be finished at 6 weeks. Is this even possible?  It's the 1st pic on the last post I made. She's a frost queen and just about has all red hairs at day 35. Couple other early 1s in the group but this 1 stands out from the doorway 😆

@Chronic2001 ya man those girls look awesome!

I'm pleased to see the resin production and what looks to be some nice dense gassy flowers 

There could be some fast ones in the bunch but I would see what happens because one of the phenos I had was similar but harvested I think at 56days. In that span between day 40 (mostly red hairs) and harvest the calyxes really swelled up and put on some weight. I would get a good glass and have a look at the trichomes and take em when the just start to amber

looking similar to this pheno here

05-25-2019 Super Collider 6 harvest pic 6 - Copy.JPG

I certainly do not pretend to be an expert but three grows with Tom's stuff and the hairs do go off while there is still a lot of bud production going on. I get very obsessive on watching the trichomes. 

Some varieties do finish earlier and get more calyx swell. Also nutrients can affect the amount of new hairs produced.

I like adding ammonium to keep the white hairs puming out. I use super natural super boost but you can use anything with lots of mono ammonium phosphate (MAP) or buy it by itself. It will keep the pinecone shape with white hairs coming out.

Too much potassium or magnesium blocks out micro nutrients and gives a flat top bud and can swell calyxs early giving a finished look and slightly slowing growth.

The buds still will put on a lot more weight if you take them past day 60 in my experience. 

Tyne definitely does great work and has a knack for selecting some dense and powerful plants too! 

The Long Valley Royal throws some fast phenos so I would keep my eye out for 8 week finishers. That said, I take em till they just start to show amber trichs.

Day 47

Some bud shots from the plants at the doorway.  Some are starting to flop so we will see if they last longer than 8 weeks.

328 (5).jpg

328 (1).jpg

328.jpg

328 (4).jpg

328 (3).jpg

Cut down today. 56 days. There was lots of coloring this round. Everything is getting ran again in another room so we will see how they do under some fluence 2i's instead of hlg/cmh mix. Some plants surprised me with the weight but there was some low yielders  in the bunch for sure. Here is a few pics. They all looked the pretty similar. I had 2 green phenos and the rest were purple. 

332.jpg

332 (1).jpg

332 (2).jpg

332 (3).jpg

332 (4).jpg

333 (4).jpg

I'll get back with you @Tynehead Tom with yield and smoke reports. i plan to hang dry for around 10-14 days then I usually roll up all day and sample everything with the trimmers and get everyone's opinions.

I will say I experienced everything you described in your thread on the super collider kush. It grew like you said it would and it looks and smells like you showed and described. Getting a lot of fruit and gas mixtures. The #1 smell reminds me of ice cream cake the strain not the food.

Sorry I didn't make it in time for the contest to end but hopefully I did your seeds some justice. To bad there is no more packs available. I feel like the more pictures people see the more they sell. Feel free to use any of these images also since they are of your plants. 

8 minutes ago, Chronic2001 said:

I feel like the more pictures people see the more they sell.

This seems to ring true today, Mass medical has great marketing tactics.

They are very popular these days.

I am way more interested in @Tynehead Tom's work myself!

@shaggy I appreciate the kind words. 

I know everyone wants to be positive and say kind things but if anyone sees something wrong speak up. I post pictures and maybe some of you more experienced growers see it and say to yourself "man that clearly had to much of this or that". Please speak up and help me get better. I want the good and the bad. If it looks like crap go ahead and say it. I promise I don't think all the weed I grow is good. That's why I slowed down on pheno hunting so much because, unlike my experience with SCK, I've ran lots of packs that had multiple plants that were literally crap in either yield, quality, or stability. 

Thanks to @Tynehead Tom for being so generous and donating these to GLG. If you are out there and have these packs in the vault don't hesitate to put them in the rotation. I dont see how anyone would be disappointed with the plants I saw from 2 packs.

Guest Blake

The SCK seemed to mature slightly ahead of Tom's other strains. The Old Timer's stash needs a little more time in my experience. Mine were all purple. Nice job, you did drag those along for a while. They started the same day as mine and I harvested Jan 2. Excellent finish. 

@Chronic2001 outstanding finish! Love the colors imparted by the Long Valley Royal Kush. It's interesting to me that the LVRK seems to dominate the flowering time and the colors at the finish while the heavy frost from the old grandpa scratch line seems to express very nicely 😉

I am working  on Super Collider 2 so there will be more beans released at some point.

thank you so much for the grow n show and I hope the end product is as impressive as those flowers look.

contest or not..... you deserve some just rewards !!

shoot me a message 

:passing-joint-smiley-emoticon:

Archived