Chronic2001's Contest entry 2020

Chronic2001

So I don't have smoke reports yet but I do have weights. the room they were in is roughly 7x11.5 and it had 3 630s cmh and 6 320watt led panels for side light support. So if count weight by light I didn't do very well. But I stacked my lights so I only expect 5-8 lbs out of the room. 

K9- 192g

K11-127.5g

K12-142.5g

K4-186.5g

K15-110g

K3-161.5g

K5-133.5g

K13-149g

K8-136.5

K2-178g

K14-154g

K6-164g

K1-172.5g

K16-86g

K7-165.5g

K17-131g

Should be just over 5 lbs. Everything was good looking with high bag appeal. It's going to take a few days to smoke that many plants so ill be back.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Testing #6 today. 1st smoke of the day.  You can get the bag appeal from the pics. If it gets me high off 1 joint it's at least a 7 out of 10 for potency. I smoke roughly 1 oz of flower per day currently so my tolerance is pretty solid. I feel the only true test for this will be smoking 1 everyday and see what it's like. 

#6-

flavor- little fruit with some earth

Smell- smells slightly floral maybe lavender. Im not sure what lavender smells like 😆.  I came back to this 1 and im getting a blueberry gas type terp. It's real nice but it didn't transfer into the taste very well.

Potency-   8 out of 10. 2 people got high off a joint. 

346.jpg

Guest Blake

Your consumption is higher than mine, I have to be careful as I am asthmatic. Always a pipe for me as the rolling paper is a trigger. Since we moved to bush that is one of life's complication that has been reduced appreciably in a most positive way. Zero particulate matter in the air. For test runs I prefer the first puff of the day, like yourself, as it is not tainted. It is amazing the difference in weight due to lights and grow medium. Your production is five times mine with the same genetics! Wish I had the diagnostic equipment to compare the chemical profiles of the two different types of production. I often wonder if soil grows have broader chemical profiles due to more diverse elements available????? Otherwise why bother with soil given the comparable production levels? The amount I grow is sufficient for my needs which is also a factor. My cost/oz is very tough to figure out as there are too many variables to consider. Lately been playing with various blends which is fun. Excellent job, Chronic, high praise indeed, from the reigning champ :).

@Blake It cost me roughly $200 to produce 1 lb of flower. This does not include my time just cost of electricity, nutrients, medium, co2, and whatever else I may need. Much better than paying $200 a oz which is where things are at in my area for decent flower.  I'm lucky enough to be in a place you can grow 12 rec or 72 medical. So I can play a little.

Flavor- slight fruit

Smell- fruit

Potency-  6 out of 10

Top picture on the left is #17 and on the right is a nug of antenna banna haze for comparison. Bottom pic is of #17

347.jpg

346 (1).jpg

Guest Blake

My personal favourite with Tom's stuff for smokability (not sure that is a word) not necessarily the most potent (so far that has been Old Timer's Stash) is Bubba Royale. Very light fruity pleasant smell. Did not grow any last time but it is on my list for next grow (May). GIven my setup the most weight it has produced is a two oz plant. I was only growing two at that time and really played with those plants a lot.  I tried another grow, flipped early and pushed them along (soil grow). The yield was very poor so won't try that again. I was going for a lot of variety in a small space, three gallon pots, but some plants only came up to 10 gms. The smoke was no better than a bigger producing plant so no joy whatsoever. Have to get my RH under control next grow it definitely had an overall negative effect on final yield. Starting to feel comfortable with my growing abilities. Would prefer to do an outdoor setup but that is a legal impossibility at this time.

@Chronic2001was hoping you would find a super gassey pheno with enough potency to impress you LOL

I suppose 6's and 7's are decent but keep me posted on what you find.

Sorry I haven't been checking in more the past week , had a close friend pass away suddenly in a boating accident and am trying to deal with it.

Sorry to hear about your friend. The best I have in my stable is maybe a 9 on potency. But I'll keep a 8 if it grows well and tastes good. 

So i went ahead and smoked the rest of them. I didn't find any that were better than the #6. Some had decent flavor but not as strong tasting or high wasn't as strong. I found 1 more that had 8 potency but wasn't as good on flavor. I put some samples out there and some liked them better than what I consider my keeper plants. So don't take 1 man's opinion to seriously. I just want people to know there's some decent plants even for the pickiest smokers like myself. I saved #6 and she will get re ran but I sent the rest down the road to other rooms so we shall see what they say. It was fun. I can't wait for the super collider 2. I'll be buying some packs for sure and I still have 2 packs of the original version also.  Happy growing! Until next time.... 😉

Archived