Chronic2001's Contest entry 2020

Chronic2001

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blake

Guess I screwed up, won't let me load any more photos. Too busy to figure this out right now. Finish this tonight for now, a few teasers, chopped eight plants. Letting six finish a bit more. Cold water and longer darkness. See how things go. 

Guest Blake

IMGP3949.thumb.jpg.570d76953a36d8903982f1faed49b561.jpg

Black Scratch ( the bottom photo in earlier post is this plant) I trimmed all but main cola on this plant and will check yields against those I did not trim. no training on any of these plants. 

IMGP3946.thumb.jpg.0079cee2a65e594b2f8e677a59dbb59f.jpgIMGP3945.thumb.jpg.8ef666bf04e38c54997ca665bac0909d.jpg

Old Timer's Stash                                                            Black Scratch

IMGP3947.thumb.jpg.5ed8f427951ac9637c743fd9f5839c22.jpg

Old Timer's Stash

#8 is ChunkD hashplant

#4 is Bubba Royale

There are six more left, down to one room. These will not be entered in the Strawberry Hill Grow contest. Popping some more seeds and Chronic and I will be seeing how things go. Interesting as we will start the seeds on the same day. 

This grow was intended to see which varieties I was most interested in. This is completely indoors under LED Viparspectra's. Nothing fancy. I mix a lot of bone meal into soil, used 3 gal. mesh pots (going to stick with 5 gal next time). Keep room ~24C. As mentioned RH not normally a problem for me, generally use a humidifier for vegging. Major PIA this past month as RH would really spike at night. The ladies survived but had to open everything up every day and that really stunk out the house. Installed those coal filters (four inch in tent and eight inch in room) they really help with odour, not so much if the tent is wide open. 

First time I have used the hanging basket type dryer instead of hanging the plants upside down. Any body have any advice on this?

19 hours ago, Blake said:

I will start them on the paper towel tomorrow. If it works out better we can do it any day this week.

Today at 4:20 pm I will put seeds in paper towel.

Guest Blake

Absolutely, a smoke report will be my pleasure. 🙂 Going with Super Collider Kush, Gorilla Thug, Ghoji Ghash and most likely Old Timer's Stash. That Old Timer's Stash looks deadly. I went with a Sea of Green approach last grow and I liked it. Will start with 16 plants and hope for eight females. Only have to operate one room once plants are sexed. I figure my odds are good as these had a high incidence of males last grow. That Black Scratch is good smoke, have grown it three times now and a solid choice. My last four BS seeds went north to FSJ, create some more converts. 🙂

Guest Blake
6 hours ago, Chronic2001 said:

Today at 4:20 pm I will put seeds in paper towel.

The seeds have been put into motion. Sockeye opening today so will be on the water pretty soon. Just waiting for the opening to be announced.

Going to be a solid run approaching 1,000,000 fish today and #'s are 60,000/day. If you decide to head up this way Tom it should be solid fishing for the next three/four weeks. 

Seeds as soaking. Im doing 2 packs of super collider kush. Can't say if they will make it into a main room or a tent setup yet but they will be grown out 1 way or another. I might just try 2 gallon containers sog style in a tent.  Im trying to get back to running 1-2 strains per room instead of a bunch different plants everytime. Good luck to all that entered! 

@Tynehead Tom maybe I missed it but how will you know who wins? The best looking pictures? Or the most involved grow journal? Just curious on what constitutes as 1st place material. 

I will be running all the rest of the packs (black scratch and wild fire hashplant) when i get some room back. I didnt see the old timers stash listed so it must have sold out before I ever heard of strawberry Hill seeds.

i like the enthusiasm fellas 😉

So far with only 2 real entries , and both indoor , there will be rewards all around hehehe

I would give the super collider some room and decent root space. When I ran them in my rooms I vegged for 6 weeks in a 1 gallon and transplanted to a #5T. Vegged another 2 weeks and then flipped. I did a decent strip down right before the flip and staked them. At 2 weeks I did another thinning out and tied the branches to the stake. Plants yielded well for my set up.

Old Timer's Stash wasn't dropped as I haven't had time to test grow it myself yet. I did include packs for last years prize winners though. Based on Blake's results I'm thinking i better get to poppin those beans to hunt for the parents for the release.

@Tynehead Tom  sounds like if i give those kush gals some room ill be rewarded. We will see how space plays out.  I might have to hold them back a little but I won't hold the pot size back, just heavy duty pruning so they don't get to jammed up in the 4x8 tent in veg. Ill try my best to get them some room but if it doesn't work out this time the keepers will be ran in a main room next time with the other packs of your gear that get popped. 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:15 PM, Coastal said:

Lookin good bud! Be a nice variety of smoke... you know what your going to try first yet ?

That Old Timer's Stash is at the top of my list. Last grow had only about three grams from one plant. A buddy and I had a couple puffs each and it was face ripper. Two solid plants this time so really looking forward to it. Bubba Royale has a good punch as well. 

1 hour ago, Chronic2001 said:

@Tynehead Tom So just got these into cups today and into the tent they go. 100% germination rates.

2020-08-10 170018.jpg

2020-08-10 172330_resized.jpg

Some of mine are in cups and starting to show. I see you leave yours a bit longer than I do. Going to follow your lead next time. My Gorilla Thug was 1/4 on germination at this point, still hoping but today put the rest of my Thug beans on the paper towel and see what happens. Of all the varieties this is the one Tom wants to check out the most. Everything else popped at pretty much the same time. This is the first time Tom's beans have not had 100% germination. My Bad Dawgs are still rockin' but thopefully I can harvest them in a couple of days.  The Gorilla Thug that is still maturing has been deliberately stressed with flashes of light during dark period and to date no hermies. Very frosty like all Strawberry Hill varieties I have grown thus far. Photos up tomorrow, fishing is getting very good and some silver bullets starting to show up. Girls left today so just Son and I fishing until next Monday.  Hope it goes to four/day, people is QC are waiting for their yearly supply.

Next unread topic

ya the Thug beans germination rates are not up to par. I was going to share 1/2 of them with @Tonygreen but this batch of beans might not be worthy. The plant was harvest late last fall and I don't think the seeds fully matured.

I will have to make another batch of Gorilla Thug beans.

@Tynehead Tom @Blakeeveryone is up has joined the party! 🥳 im not planning on updating daily just thought id show all were alive and well. Now time to do some growing! I went ahead and ordered 3 more packs of the super collider kush for a little larger selection. Im going to try to concentrate on less strains and more of each strain from now on.  Hope everyones gardens are doing well! And when i win the contest I wouldn't mind some extra black scratch packs to go with the 2 already have.😜 😇

2020-08-12 075927.jpg

Hope you find some gems in the Super Collider packs 

I was really pleased with my test grow and feedback from those who tried the finished product.

Looks like these are sold out now but I am working on Super Collider II 

3 minutes ago, Chronic2001 said:

@Tynehead Tom mark me down for #2 as well. How far out are you from having some seeds available? 

next spring at the earliest. I am still sifting seeds for parent stock. 

Still poking along with three plants left in the room. One Gorilla Thug, Goji Ghash, and Black Scratch. Stiles starting to turn brown. Will get some photos up before they get chopped, hopefully soon. I have tried to promote hermies in those three plants and they are not interested. Smoke report on Old Timer's Stash (I had to to try after drying, of course). Just a touch harsh which should smooth out over the next couple three weeks while curing. Good punch and sticks with you. Both shoulders were really pounding after using the chain saw for about three hours steady the other day. Woke me up about 02:00, three puffs and back to sleep so that is very good news. These plants are perfect for indoor stealth growing as you can keep them small and they still produce top quality smoke. There was about 5 oz of dried bud from 8 plants. Not a huge amount but these plants were deliberately kept small, flipped early and only three gallon pots.

Looks like I have some Gorilla Thugs germinating hopefully get some females. Lost two seedlings as they did not shuck their shells, that is always frustrating. Should see what gives in a week or so.  

11 hours ago, Blake said:

Lost two seedlings as they did not shuck their shells

I manually remove the shells all the time. After the shell is removed I pinch the tip of the leaves to pull off that skin that stops the leaves from opening if required.

Archived