The Antenna grow show

Chronic2001

42 minutes ago, crownpoodle said:

I was told if I go this route not to add any additional PK boosters in flower. 

I would say this is true.

I do not care much for PK boosters myself.

BTW

The P is not in available form with phosphite.

It will break down and become available eventually, how long that takes, not sure here.

Over 50 ppm of P has been show to be not needed.

Too much P can lead to increased internode distance aka stretch.

So you see why this would make a good booster, just watch too much K and your weed will taste like hay.

That rhymes......LOL

I own that phrase now it is mine all mine .....K and hay...LOL

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before and after some defol. I took more off than it looks like. I didn't want to stress her after an apparent recovery form the mold. Opened up the middle for better air movement. I could not get over the smells in this one while removed leaves. Overpowering sweet smell. I'm not used to sweet smelling plants. 

In looking closer at the leaves they have an embossed look and feel. At first I thought another fucking disease, until I looked with a glass and see little resin globs! 

I put Jade in any plant with health issues. I was looking this morning and the sun was shining thru showing leaf shadows. Cool shot. I've spent the past 40 or so years with a hunk of Jade in my pocket. I'm not dead yet. Not too much mold on me either!

0625210837b_HDR.jpg

0625211626.jpg

0625211601.jpg

0625211602a.jpg

0625210837_HDR.jpg

I told you this bad boy smells like candy! It reminded me of smarties or some candy of old. It's looking great, I am excited to see the end result!

On 6/25/2021 at 10:41 AM, shaggy said:

A spray right after stripping leaves is a good idea.

Like sealing a tree limb after pruning.

Follow that up with a chitosan spray, it adds a temporary slight coating to the leaf/plant surface to kind seal it up.

Chitosan is edible by the way, it degrades and washes away quickly too especially outside.

@shaggy I believe you, or someone else mentioned a possible connection between chitosan and lower yields? Or am I dreaming again. As long as quality is there I can live with the potential yield difference. I've been hitting my outdoor with chitosan and yucca weekly.  Is that a sufficient  interval? Or does a plant with issues get hit more? My Regalia usage is 1 tbsp per gal as maintenance,  anyone with issues I go 2 tbsp. 

I actually use pruning sealant in my routine. If I spot stem rot,  I first soak a paper towel in alcohol or H2O2 and encase the bad juju. Remove that and once dry I seal that with pruning seal.  I once used the sealant,  it's aerosol,  and blew spores all over the place. Oops. Just another way I try and isolate the "byrus" as best I can. 

As long as it doesn't harm the plants or me using it, I'll look at most any mold addressing tools. Anyone have a vaudeville rubber chicken or a voodoo doll I can borrow until late October? 

17 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

a possible connection between chitosan and lower yields?

Yes, the literature states this in peer reviewed studies.

SAR ect. uses energy to boost the immune system.

A plant only has so much energy.

With that said the amount of loss in yield observed by me was trivial.

You should see some extra frost, works like bud factor x.

Almost forgot...

No vaudeville rubber chicken or voodoo dolls, so your on your own...LOL

I really like this plant. Glad I have more seeds. Wish I know where I got them! I just love the sharp edged leaves. This is my only plant like that. The only one with the embossing on the leaves. Every leaf. Pics don't show but the underside looks like a pencil rubbing. 

Today I had my wife give a small. "Fruity. Sticky smelling, like candy." Nailed it! She gets annoyed that I want her to look, smell, feel this or that. She wants to pick thru a big jar dumped in a tub. I went almost 15 years not burning. At all. She was and is my #1 tester. And everything else.

I'm pleased I already have a selection of more Antenna gear. Oh boy...

1874912560_0628211913b_HDR2.thumb.jpg.69a6fa64909942e4a4fdab977e21bed8.jpg0628211936b_HDR.thumb.jpg.42c28f1b5230ddd42b74ff79cc383ccf.jpg

0628211912a_HDR.jpg

On 6/27/2021 at 4:11 PM, shaggy said:

Yes, the literature states this in peer reviewed studies.

SAR ect. uses energy to boost the immune system.

A plant only has so much energy.

With that said the amount of loss in yield observed by me was trivial.

You should see some extra frost, works like bud factor x.

Almost forgot...

No vaudeville rubber chicken or voodoo dolls, so your on your own...LOL

Makes sense. I have not used PK boosters where I saw a difference. I've only tried outdoors. "What week is this strain on?" I tried the Fox Farm stuff. Gave it away.  I tried Big Bud and Bud Candy too, but it just didn't feel right for me. Gave that away too. My goal is buy as little from the local grow store. Might make sense indoors, but for now I'll leave it on the shelf.

Mold update. I'm finding no spreading of the Fusarium I've found. My outside environment kinda sucks, but I have one available. Mold is just an environmental issue that will never be gone in my yard. This is not the only plant I've found a spot on. But so far the spots I find not spread, treated how I mentioned in an earlier post. I think I did anyways. But to not have it spread down the branch. Or too the next plant downwind. Is fucking huge for me. It's still real early, but some years I have no entries on the calendar in the end of June, or July cuz I was spending too much time fighting mold. This morning was Chitosan. Tomorrow is Regalia, Pure Flowers Phosphite, and Protect. No time to get lazy. 

All the suggestions haveade a bit difference. Thank you.

Also appears she's a foxtail strain.0704210812a.thumb.jpg.b10529600c8bcbcf057c60c3507683e1.jpg0704210812.thumb.jpg.bce5280519b2740559afe4a79cf78a6d.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hey @Cannaburter. So the growth has been pretty slow until a few days back. Buds are filling in now. I need to look back at what I did this year. A bunch of my outdoor just seems off. I had a disproportionate # of males. Some that's flowered hard early only to slow way down and mold. Several foxtailed but have changed course. 

I'm wondering if I've stressed them causing this. Not happy when I put them out. Not 1 strain I've run before so who knows. I sure don't. 

But right now...today? I'm not that bothered. My tent run is coming out great. All dry, last one into a jar tonight. #1 with a minimal cure just spanks me. 

20 minutes ago, crownpoodle said:

Hey @Cannaburter. So the growth has been pretty slow until a few days back. Buds are filling in now. I need to look back at what I did this year. A bunch of my outdoor just seems off. I had a disproportionate # of males. Some that's flowered hard early only to slow way down and mold. Several foxtailed but have changed course. 

I'm wondering if I've stressed them causing this. Not happy when I put them out. Not 1 strain I've run before so who knows. I sure don't. 

But right now...today? I'm not that bothered. My tent run is coming out great. All dry, last one into a jar tonight. #1 with a minimal cure just spanks me. 

Kinda beautiful, indoor is. I mean sure not as massive and economical as outdoor, but much fewer variables set to screw you over. I am going to get some autos going at some point. Perhaps you should run some auto flowers next. That would be fun to see. You have some diesels some dude sent you (hahaha) that finish in 7-9 weeks from seed. Is that fast enough to dodge the mold and such where you are? 

Antenna  is gonna get some more love from me by the end of this year for sure. 

Besides those diesel autos, I have 2 auto strains from 20TwentyMendocino that were a freebie. One goes pretty long, but the other's doable. I might just start all 3 this week. Sometimes I get awesome weather right up to Thanksgiving.  That makes a lot of sense. I'll send a message. Save me some grief maybe. I've also got a covered side yard if needed. 

My family has farmed in Montana for 100 years. I like the outdoor work.  My yard full of plants is good for me no matter how I end up. I spend hours every day just getting stoned, talking to the cats. There's worse ways to spend time. Not going to jinx them and put my lips on them yet, but I've got some real promising candidates for outdoor. I will say @dragboatjeffy and his freebies might be involved. He might just kill it. Aain. 

• 3 weeks later...

Grape Lazerlite to the yard waste. Best smelling bin in town. Fuck. 

Moving on. More where this come from. This wil go in the tent next try.

• 1 month later...

Antenna FTW again! 3ish weeks into flower and life is good. Red lazerlite 1 shown vegged for 3 weeks. 7 weeks ago this baby was in a bag. I did do a side by side with the others in the 4×4, but when this was taken the others still appeared to be lagging major like. To the right is an og kush "meh" was a gift. Two in the front are Strawberry Diesel IBL from the late classic by way of generic seeds.The fragrance is to be noted as; fruity, floral, and "jammy". I forsee a QP+ from this QT 😋  nutrients are mostly natural. I use bloom city root microbes, botanicare pure blend pro: soil formula, molasses, and happy frog. 

Way to go @fabvariousk

Screenshot_20211003-230529_Gallery~2.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-230534_Gallery~2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 5:57 AM, Chronic2001 said:

.... Here are a few crappy pictures. I didnt have a good light so the pictures suck so I apologize ahead of time.

278 (3).jpg

278 (1).jpg

278 (2).jpg

279 (1).jpg

279.jpg

There's absolutely nothing wrong with those pics brother! As someone joining your grow family I appreciate them greatly.  May I ask please as I'm germing the following now, what's the general, not lifetime, genetics behind the Super Lazerlite II and the Cookie Haze, many thanks! I'll get a thread started in a few weeks! DD

Hey DoobieDuck thanks for stopping by and sharing. Feel free to post on instagram too. i spend more time these days on there. The Cookie Haze is a cross of a Bad dawg Girl Scout Cookies x 3 headed dragon female and my 3dg13 fast haze male.  It is a nice minty sativa. The Super Lazerlite II is a complex cross that starts with my Purplelazerlite3 and then backcrossed twice to the 3dg13 male.

• 6 months later...
On 9/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, fabvariousk said:

Hey DoobieDuck thanks for stopping by and sharing. Feel free to post on instagram too. i spend more time these days on there. The Cookie Haze is a cross of a Bad dawg Girl Scout Cookies x 3 headed dragon female and my 3dg13 fast haze male.  It is a nice minty sativa. The Super Lazerlite II is a complex cross that starts with my Purplelazerlite3 and then backcrossed twice to the 3dg13 male.

Fav..soory to be so tardy, found these, have them germing, I'll get um in my grow for you, looking forwars to sharing some pics..Health issues screwed a bunch of grow up, see ya soon...

Archived