The Antenna grow show

Chronic2001

@BC Boy gl5 and some others from antenna are not what I consider a heavy feeder. Next to several other genetics, all receiving the same feed, they were among the 1st to show signs of being overfed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Chronic2001 , as I am new to all this, any comment re etiquette of creating Antennae GLL5 F1? Perhaps @fabvariousk can add thoughts. I have two GLL5 males and would like to do an F1 for myself. Also would welcome advice re which male to choose. One on right screams pick me but I know nothing. Advice welcome. Cheers

thumbnail_IMG_1944.jpg

@BC Boy I have never purposely made seeds before. 😆 so all breeding questions should be directed at @fabvariousk or @Tonygreen. Im sure there are a few others that can help around here. You could also check out the breeders section and see if some of that info could help. Good luck with your seed making adventure! 

@BC BoyI will not speak for @fabvariousk, however once you buy seeds they are your to grow, store, eat, trash , give away, re-sell anything you want. They are Yours.

However when you make seeds from someone's work directly it is  generally only cool if you make seeds for yourself and friends (( No sales unless you receive permission from the original breeder or it is old discontinued work that the breeder no longer sells)).

For example.

Bodhi worked with Brothers Grimm Apollo 11 for years cuz he loved the plant and the original breeder stopped making seeds,however

Bodhi stopped selling Apollo 11 after Mr Soul ( bros grimm breeder) started back up making seeds.

That is integrity.!!

That is the general rule of thumb for making seeds from others work.

People do it all the time tho.

There are asshats everywhere.

Me and @Tonygreen were just talking about a copycat selling S1 seeds for more than the original seeds sold for.

Its all up to your level of integrity.

We strive for a high level at the lab.

Thats why there are few pricks here.

Well besides me.🤑

Thanks @Ilynnboy for the info-pretty much exactly where I am at as well. Seeds are just for me and would not dream of selling, rebranding or in general profiting off another's work. Fucked up that is. As I have so many interesting seeds from breeders at GLG making select F1 as I go along allows me to check them all out without having to carry cut after cut but still hanging on to interesting genetics-I have limited space.

@BC Boyyes but they would be f2s not f1s. that is one of the benefits to not running fem seeds is you can make your own.

Both of those boys are a nice blend of Grapelazerlite3 and 3dg13 and should do well for you.

• 2 months later...

OK. Here's my Grape Lazerlite. 4 germed, 3 males and this gal. My 1st Antenna run. She's killing time in a 3 gal plastic pot, waiting for me to get my 20s and 30s ready.  She's loving the sun so far. I'm liking the crisp edged leaves. Seeds were a gift. I have more Antennas, some Red Lazerlite combos, AC Haze, and some 2016 Purple Lazerlite for the future. Look forward to running more. 

The plastic potmisjust interim, sometimes I use as big as 7s. If the plant gets unruly for transplanting,  I just cut the pot off and duct tape it back up to use again. 

20210522_170826.jpg

20210522_170744.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Re-pot to her final pot a couple days ago. 20 gal fabric. Repotting was no issue like root trauma. She looked good yesterday morning. She's a touch droopy now. She got a good drink, then we got some overcast so might be over watered a tad. I like 30s and will do a few, but my back's liking the 20s much better right now. It's a lot of work as is dumping the soil, pulling out any big root balls, amending with compost, worm poop, etc. The difference  between working 300 and 500 gallons of soil in a kiddie pool for an old fuck who hurts is HUGE! Unfortunately,  I occasionally need to move a couple and the 30s  suck for that. Until I get a better feel for who's going to be big, some movement happens. Anyone think I'll guess right on who gets big. I have several strains with minimal info. Keeps me from getting bored. The missus says that's when I stir the most shit. 

20210602_191151.jpg

Hey @crownpoodle-any issues up-potting from fabric pots? Hard to get plants out? I just read in a B.C. newspaper that a couple with a Health Canada grow license for 30 plants can't get house insurance/insurance is void, because "legal limit is 4." This shitty little fact has shifted my plans as I have a license for ten and have that many in my yard to bring in to flower in the fall. So, only 4 at a time inside I need bigger plants so need bigger pots. Most are in 5 gal fabric pots so need to up-pot. Wonder if fellow Canadians know about this insurance issue? Also, you asked about my flowered GLL5-part way through the cure and smell is flowery mint-perhaps the mentholated rose smell @fabvariousk speaks of. Nice effect, initial intense but then mellows out to a nice all round buzz. Lasts a long time I think. 

I've always used plastic until I hit the bigger pots, but am re-thinking that. I just cut the hard pots off, tape them up and use again. Ive seen these smaller fabrics (2-3 gal) that are designed so you can easily repot. You could cut the seam, then see them back up on yours maybe. I usually blow out a pot or 2 and use a heavy curved needle and give them stitches.                                                        That insurance deal is fricking scary. I'm in the process of closing a legit Work Comp injury claim. I think all insurance companies jobs are to figure out how not too pay a claim, or a little as possible. Cars, homes, health. Hosed every time. Fuckers.

Poking my nose between leaves before dark yesterday, I spotted some minor bug damage on a couple leaves. Didn't see critters but my lighting was poor. I'll look at everyone tomorrow. I went to buy ladybugs yesterday to stay ahead and they were out. If I see much more I'll order some Rove Beetles.  Between them and the ladybugs the girls stay pretty clean of bugs. There's always a few, but not enough to be an issue. 

I say I don't spray,but that's not entirely true. What I dont spray are chemical pesticides, etc on the girls at all. I alternate Monterrey BT and Garden Insect spray on my other plants, but not when its windy and not once flowering really gets going. I have and do use Regalia and Protekt, and am now spraying with Chitosan as well based on input from you folks. Got a "homebrew" substitute for Protekt when I run out too. I love saving $ during the grow I can then use to purchase more seeds I don't  need, but somehow can't live without. 

Showing a chewed leaf pic makes me laugh. Next I'll be posting my PB&J with a Red Bull chaser on FB. 

20210604_142304.jpg

Fuck. Poking my nose in looking for bugs/bug damage. I see 1 leaf looking shitty just hanging there. I'm no genius, but if I was a betting man I'd say Fusarium. Stem rot. Whatever rot. Kind of early for me to see this, but oh well. Time for war. Been using Chitosan as a foliar. Ever gallon of water gets Protekt in it. Regalia weekly. Almost out so I'll get more tomorrow.  H2O2 on the spot to dry it out. Cut away the bad area and then coat with pruning seal. Then isolated her away from the rest. We'll see how this goes. I've  had "some" success with this, but late stage. Bummed I've only got the one fem,  but I've got more seeds. 

Anyone have any new cutting edge cures, please pass them along! No toxic poison shit. Tried that years back before I knew better. Didn’t work anyways. 

@crownpoodle Fusarium is a bugger but there are ways to combat this plight.

First you want to spray the stems with a very alkaline mix. In a pinch, add baking soda to a gallon of water until you hit PH 7.8 to 8. Spray the stems twice a day.

For a Omni registered product , it used to be called Serenade but it is now called Natria. This is what I use.

I have had this show up in my greenhouse in previous grows and Improving ventilation and using the natria spray has worked for me. Only spray your stems, try to avoid spraying the leaves.

Hope that helps you

@Tynehead Tom I have an old bottle of Serenade in the shed. Felt marker, no label. Don't like chemicals, like old ones less. I snagged enough Regalia to get thru the year. Saw a similar product, Cease, I didn't care for the blank stare at the grow stores, so passed. I'll see what I can find. Probably something else relabeled. I'm mostly just annoyed to see it this early. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had my head in this one today. Not saying my molds gone. The branch, or part of it's gone. The mold hadn't moved past the initial spot. I used Natria, Chitosan,  Regalia, Protekt,  and yucca extract. Don't ask as I have no idea what worked, or delayed any more mold. She was watered like everyone else. Compost teas. 

Other than remove the branch, I didn’t do any defol or other LST. Tomorrow I'll strip leaves for better circulation.  

This one had a real strong sweet smell. Maybe grape, fruity maybe? I'll try again after the leaf pluck. I'll post a couple shots them. 

Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I'm hoping otherwise,  but I'm sure I'll be addressing this again before my yard's bare. @shaggytossed a bone a couple hours ago. I like having lots of tools. I never know what I'll need. 

12 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

I used Natria, Chitosan,  Regalia, Protekt,  and yucca extract. Don't ask as I have no idea what worked

They probably all worked to one degree or another.....LOL

BTW

That is probably one the best IPM rotation I have seen, nice work there.

You could add mycostop and phosphite to that routine to improve it a bit.

Yucca can/should be mixed with all of them.

But I am not sure if they mix well together.

Therefore I suggest to mix yucca with each one independently and spray each one on a different day.

Keep in mind

Mycostop is supposed to be live and should not be use just after or just before a product that may kill it.

Chitosan may, as well as regalia dunno bout Natria, would have to research that one.

FYI

I have not used mycostop but I do use phosphite often.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:33 PM, Tynehead Tom said:

I don't do chemicals either..... oh and neither do my plants haha

This should probably read "I no longer do chemicals..........."

I am guessin that may be more accurate......maybe maybe not???

12 hours ago, crownpoodle said:

Tomorrow I'll strip leaves

A spray right after stripping leaves is a good idea.

Like sealing a tree limb after pruning.

Follow that up with a chitosan spray, it adds a temporary slight coating to the leaf/plant surface to kind seal it up.

Chitosan is edible by the way, it degrades and washes away quickly too especially outside.

@shaggy, I forgot about the phosphite. The outside girls all got a foliar this morning that included Pure Flowers, which is 0-30-20, Regalia and Protect. I've used this combo for foliar for 3 or 4 years now, with no apparent problems. I was told if I go this route not to add any additional PK boosters in flower. 

Archived