The Antenna grow show

Chronic2001

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking great bud! Any of the crosses have a higher amount of keepers or was it pretty even across the board with vigor and structure %?

Did you notice any of the heavier Bx ones get any less vigor in trade for higher consistency ?

All strains had some slower vegging plants. Largest and fastest strain being the Grapelazerlite5.

Everything was pretty similar as far as size and structure. I usually only grow big plants so the slower 1s got sent down the road as freebies with the agreement they will clone everything and finish the search on their end. So you guys might see a slower vegging plant if its real nice but not likely in my garden. 

• 2 weeks later...

Moving along. Definitely some fantastic smelling plants. I only had a few large plants with most being a medium height with a medium stretch with some short stocky 1s in the mix also.  My favorite so far is the Colombian and the Grapelazerlite5. Haven't had much smell time with the others. I just have those in a room I hand water so im up on them. The others are in this row. Ill get proper pics when they ready 🤪.

266.jpg

Lookin awesome bud! Hope you find something really special! I've only run the one pack so far and did but I have a few more packs I just got ready to go!

Looking forward to those finishing pics and some taste reports!

@Coastal I think there is something special in there for sure. All the clones didn't make it so ill be taking 8 week samples and doing a reveg if necessary on the 1s didnt make it .

I have a handful of antenna made it into my other room. 1 of the Grapelazerlite5 is 7 foot tall and looking nice. I just had to cut down a plant today cause she was a hermie. It wasn't antenna gear though just some bagseed from a clone only room that stressed and popped off. 

I'll keep up with my random updates. 

On 10/4/2020 at 7:44 AM, fabvariousk said:

Hope all is going well!

jamming right along. Everything should be real nice this round. I was battling heat issues this summer but now it's over and everything is 90% happy so ill keep striving for that 100.  

My buddy is opening his 3000 plant commercial facility in February so Im thinking of going out there so I can play around with finding new genetics. If that happens ill pop my whole seed collection and get some shit done quick. 

Hope everyone is doing good and I'm still around just lurk and post enough so no one forgets about me 😁. @fabvariousk @Tynehead Tom @Coastal

• 2 weeks later...

The Grapelazerlite5 is the best smelling to me. The reason being it has the most skunk/stank, with the grape background, and some got nice sized for sure. They were some of the bigger plants. @Coastal. But I have 1 gl5 that is small and has barely put on any buds yet compared to everyone else. We will see!! The Colombian haze smells special also with a real tropical smell going on. Hopefully they smoke as good as the smell. Hope everyones garden is jamming. 

@Tynehead Tom almost shot a 10 point tonight but got winded by the doe he was following.  Hope your hunts are going well. 

• 3 weeks later...

So everything is cut down. I gave them 9 weeks. I had about 25% look like they needed 11 weeks, 55% looked like they were 10 weekers, the rest were around 9 weekers, I had 1 exception which was done at 7 weeks (Colombian haze).  

I dont run longer flower times so not everything got a fair shake. I also feel I could've done better if I hand watered. I didnt monitor runoff and everyone got the same 1000ppm every watering.

I need to smoke them then ill report back. I don't have numbers yet but im guessing Grapelazerlite5 and super haze produced the best. Here are a few crappy pictures. I didnt have a good light so the pictures suck so I apologize ahead of time.

278 (3).jpg

278 (1).jpg

278 (2).jpg

279 (1).jpg

279.jpg

@BC Boy it depends on what you are looking for out of your plant. While I'm not much for smaller plants, the Colombian haze smells the best and had some nice pla to that were finished at 7-9 and 1 or 2 plants that could've went longer. Just by looks and smell alone the Colombian haze wins this round. It has a real nice tropical smell and the buds were nice sized. 

The Grapelazerlite5 definitely has the dank smell even in veg. I will be curious to see if the smell translates to taste at all. They were strong smelling while growing then lost some of the nose at the end. 

Once again I dont feel like i did these genetics justice but thats how it grows sometimes.  Im definitely no pro just figuring out things as I go like most others.

I wouldn't count out the AC Haze either if@fabvariousk talks that good about it and @oldschool had real good luck with the banana haze and gorilla dragon, although he hasn't brought me a sample so I can't comment on the smoke. I smoke around 1-2 ounce every 2 days so im a pretty good tester/ junkie 😆

Thanks for the info@Chronic2001 impressive tester indeed! Is any of this info outdoor? I plan to start some @fabvariousk stuff indoor soon-love the looks of his Sativas-and then move something outdoors this spring. Thinking the AC (cookies haze correct?) might love our Okanagan summer. Has anyone tested the Lazerlites re %THC? 

@BC Boy i would say if I was worried about finishing times id go with the Colombian haze. The 7 week finisher of that group was real nice but it did throw a few nanners at week 8+. I pushed it passed it due date so it happens sometimes. @fabvariousk might be able to guide you better for outdoor finishing times. I also want to add that a couple of the Colombians were bigger plants. It was about 50/50 big/little plants in that group.

I also want to add that all the plants I sent down the road are finishing up and some purple lazerlite seem to be their favorite from what they got. So many nice choices! 

thanks @Chronic2001 for the info-good to know, might pick up some Columbian haze (esp. since the freebie is AC haze). Perhaps a stupid question but various Sativas are described as "tasting/high like the 70's." I was 8 years old in the 70's so have no idea what this means. Tropical fruit? Sandalwood? Soaring high? Whatever it is it sounds good. Think I may be developing a seed thirst problem! @fabvariousk if you have the time-what did the 70's have?

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt find any keepers this round but the most promising plants were the Colombian haze. They had the best overall smell, quickest finishing time, and best looking. I also didn't get to smoke all the plants so doesn't mean there wasn't something that got missed. I will run some more packs later but im taking a break from seeds after my super collider kush run and concentrating on dialing in my keepers I've already found. I might run some sort of seed hunting tent but haven't made up my mind yet. And for the yield junkies I did 2.25lbs average per 4x4 (fluence spydr 2i) but thats with some other lights figured in that weren't antenna so can't say 100% what just the antenna average was. Also I sent plants down the road and haven't heard back on those. So might be something sticking around in another garden I don't know about yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had 1 Grapelazerlite5 that I liked but the clones didn't make it in the cloner before flip.  Next round i plan on popping some ac haze but only 1-2 packs at a time. Im going to try to keep it to 12 females or less in the searching room. I dont care to do all the bullshit work to find the good 1s and then not even get a copy because of 1 reason or another. Back to the basics for the searching side of things. Im also planning on putting together a 4 light room just for finding new strains so that's where the 1 or 2 packs at a time will be gone through. Thanks to @fabvariousk for all his hard work and the show will go on.  I have a few projects running right now so as soon as those are through (2-3 months) I will get back on the antenna wagon. You will probably see some seedlings before that time but nothing to exciting.

• 2 months later...

Hey @Chronic2001-I have some Grape lazerlite5 that are showing a bit of nute burn when other strains in same soil/watering etc are not. They look and smell (already) great but am wondering if you found them lovers of less feed. Cheers

Archived