2020 Strawberry Hill Grow Contest !

Tynehead Tom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BlakeI did the kush and black scratch but ill probably only pop the kush for now. And im not sure how many packs just yet. If I have room ill steal a pack or 2 from another person I know that has some near by and run 3 or 4 packs of the kush. If i can't find something i like in 3 or 4 packs the line isn't for me. I have faith ill find a keeper though.

Guest Blake

I am going to start another bunch when I harvest and will be germinating Super Collider Kush, they were all male last time and the rest of the Goji Ghash seeds (that should have read Gorilla Thug seeds) I have as Tom is concerned about their stability. That Old Timer's Stash is so impressive looking definitely going with that again.  Last grow went totally sideways (messed up soil mix followed by a complete screwup with lighting) and we limped across the finish line with a dismal yield. Ended up with about 3 grams of Old Timer's Stash and it is a serious face ripper.  Maybe we can go head to head on the Kush if the ladies decide to step out. That would be fun. Remember you are up against the reigning Strawberry Hill Champ!  Love telling people I have award winning plants.  I don't also mention it was by acclimation. 🙂 Hope more people join in, make it way more interesting. The Black Scratch is a very strong plant structurally. I had some trouble with them when I let in a bunch of light when they were most vulnerable. There are four nice Black Scratch finishing right now and I will be posting photos, probably Tuesday when they are harvested. Went with five gallon mesh pot last grow and that was fine, just add water; this time three gallon and had to add supplements. Good luck.

@Blake I will be popping them but I have a lot going on so they will most likey get flowered smaller so we will see what happens. Not expecting to win anything to be honest. I have 10k probably wrapped up in seeds i still need to pop. I saw the contest and figure what the heck! Who doesn't like a good kush. 

right on guys, let the games begin!!

appreciate you guys giving my beans garden space , I'm sure they will not disappoint!!!

7 hours ago, Blake said:

Black Scratch on its way to FSJ, will let you know how that works out. Complete rookies so a good test for the beans.

cool.... I was in FSJ way back in 90. My first wife had a bunch of family up there and me being a delta boy I had never been that far north in my home province. Made the mistake of travelling in february LOL Other than my loathing of country music newer than 1980 , and the dust..... it was a pretty cool town.

Odds are we are buying a property in between there and dawson....... just waiting on some funds. Fuggin CRA is sure draggin thier ass with my disability settlement/adjustment of taxes for past 10 years ...... fuckers LOL

I use to drive up into the Yukon pretty frequent.. use to avoid all those work towns if possible... nice lookin area but I wouldn't wanna go to the pub an make friends lol... gets a little different north of PG...

• 1 month later...

well..... I'm gonna throw a cut off date for contest entries and that will be september 15.

So if you haven't popped em and planned on entering the contest..... better get on it.

since the shake up a few months ago I am seeing a steady decline in traffic here in my threads and in the forums in general so will probably close up shop here after this contest is over. I think of all the other smaller breeders who I have done test grows indoors and out and showed off thier gear as best I could and not one of those growers has grown and shown my work.... disappointing to say the least.

Anyhow with only two entries here on the labs (lame ) it's pretty easy to pick the winner LOL but we'll see what happens between now and december 31 contest end date.

Hey Tom, not the best news. Fishing is still poking along, guess you won't be making it up here this time around. Always room for you here. Lost my net today, not my most brilliant move. Twelve survivors and transplanted today, get some photos up. That Gorilla Thug I just harvested is damn good smoke and would not hermie even though we had power outages etc. Still worth pursuing IMO. Give you a call soon.

@Blake dude, the only thing keeping me from coming fishing is my health. My mobility has taken a serious turn for the worse since the last ambulance ride. Just dealing with my garden damn near kills me every day but it is what it is. Hopefully I can try and get some hunting in this fall,

I'm glad you torture tested that plant and good to hear the results were positive. I'm sure the ones hermying on me were stress from being vegged inside and then being transplanted outside with the weather ups and downs. 

Just pulled 24 plants for the first part of my 2020 outdoor harvest so will have lots of fresh stash soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

looking like mr underhill is taking the prize for outdoor unless someone sneaks in with a grow report and pics of thier summer grow from this season. I'll wait to declare that officially on Jan 1 2021.

Despite odd cool and wet weather here, my season has been outstanding.

Still have lots to harvest in the coming weeks and still trimming the first haul LOL

Tuff doing this all by myself but have managed to hang dry 32 plants now and trimmed 27

Lots of variety to share around hunt camp this fall !!

2 hours ago, Ilynnboy said:

Good to see you @Tynehead Tom.

glad to hear that you are at least gardening.

did you do a light dep garden this year?

or is it too much work for you now?

hey man.... yes I'm still gardening.... that will never stop.

Got a couple weeks left on my last 6 plants, big ones. Harvested most of my greenhouse already and on track to smash my 6 pound target..

Got my mothers selected to run this winter for personal smoke and am hoping to max out my 147 indoor plant count with big seed pops/pheno hunts all winter.

I did light dep everything this summer but was able to stop pulling tarp and moving plants several days ago and the body is thanking me.

trimming by myself is getting tedious but it must be done LOL

hope your summer has been good and you and yours are safe in these trying times.

• 3 months later...

Well, Happy New Year and all that jazz. 🙂

Winner of the 2020 Outdoor Prize --> Mr Underhill

Winner of the 2020 Indoor Prize ==> Blake 

Prize packages will go out this coming week

thanx for participating and showing your gardens!!

On 1/2/2021 at 12:27 PM, Blake said:

Hey there Tom, you should have said repeat champion. 🙂

ya, you are a repeat winner aren't you? LOLZ

In all fairness , you were the only indoor grower to complete a grow in the given timeline. From your posts and pics it appears you completed 2 grows so it was an easy call.

The in person garden tour was kinda the icing on the cake 😄

Have the Pineapple Express in the grow room with all three lights going. Pretty light in the bud department, but only the one LED light for the first four months. Now with three going hopefully will get the extra push towards the end. Just took this photo now, they have built a little since the 1st. Snowing heavy and sledding starting to get good. Lake is still scary for ice fishing.IMGP4237.thumb.jpg.be320f6dc84399fc8c90f49c5f64d096.jpg

28 minutes ago, Tynehead Tom said:

ya, you are a repeat winner aren't you? LOLZ

In all fairness , you were the only indoor grower to complete a grow in the given timeline. From your posts and pics it appears you completed 2 grows so it was an easy call.

The in person garden tour was kinda the icing on the cake 😄

It was all rigged!

I demand a recount!

Ok, You win.

But next year you just don't stand a chance.

I just dropped some Super Collider Kush in water, so look out world.😄

Just hang up the grow bags now, the next prize pack is mine!

Well, at least let me get em in dirt before, I claim victory.....WTF???

The only serious part was putting the seeds in some water....😊

But I do plan on taking that prize.

So ya'll best get your grow on this year.

Dam it, will there be a contest next/this year?

Gonna smoke another one, and pretend I did not type this.🤫

Peace

Shag

Absolutely, look forward to it. Plan on only one grow this year start in end of May and finish in November when hunting season is over. Curing the Super Collider right now and couldn't resist a puff last night after the States handed us our hats in that hockey game. Goalie sure was on his game. The SC worked very well. Heavy dense buds. Some improvements planned for the grow room and try to get around my RH problems which are my biggest challenge to date. Living next to a big lake is awesome but it sure plays hell with RH. 

You guys want me to run another contest? 

I dunno ..... let me lay it on the table .

Normally i don't like pouring my personal life out on the forums like others seem to "need" to do but here it is:

My disabilities are weighing me down. @Blake got a glimpse into my reality when i went up for a visit. The physical side is one thing but on top of that , and because my disability has been ongoing for the last 23 years, I have apparently not made a certain amount of $$ in the past 4 years to qualify for CPP disability and using the 10 year faint hope clause or whatever they called it..... displaying an ability to land a 35 dollar an hour job 5 years ago for most of a year..... disqualifies me from federal disability and on top of that , I don't qualify for provincial disability because my wife, an underpaid, overworked, front line palative wing of the seniors home health care worker apparently makes too much money for me as her spouse to qualify. 

Now all these years since my injury and then my move 10 years ago away from the big city to find a quieter life.... I made custom rifle stocks from composite materials in my own molds made of my own hand made prototypes. This was to be the year that I finally had enough saved to go to the banks for a business loan and buy a pile of equipment and materials. If anyone has paid any attention to canadian and american gun , ammunition and accessories markets the past couple years it has been HOT to say the least. I had multiple stores in canada and 2 in the US ready to take my product.... custom documents completed for export.... I spent the rest of what I had saved from my injury settlements on ramping up my small on again off again but very high demand business. 

Then came the China Virus and with it the corruption that can only come from Liberals..... via pandemic powers and with zero discussion or debate in our goverrnment, our commie loving dictator, decreed over 1500 firearm models and variants Prohibitted. Firearms used by sport shooters, duck and big game hunters, african safari rifles and many high value collectable firearms with a bore size over 20mm...... prohibitted. If it even slightly resembled and AR15 even if it mechanically shared nothing in common with the AR15...... prohibitted.

Needless to say, as of May1st 2020 , as decreed by King Trudeau of the canadian criminal *cough* liberal party...... the firearms I made stocks and accessories for are now banned in Canada. This rendered 12,000 in newly purchased materials, specialized molds and fixtures, tools, electrical upgrades ect ect of my last banked savings from my now finished injury payouts ..... wasted money..... money i should have spent building out my shop into a room like @Coastal's

Right now I can't even afford new lights and have to play the budget game again after many years of being on top of things.

So long and short..... I sure could use a big chunk of change that dropping more of my work "might" create but on the other hand I have always kept my drops to donations only so I dunno.....I start thinking of what King Trudeau is going to decree next and having a legal grow license and a firearms license may become a conflict soon. Then there are the penalties for seeds and such and I don't want to be made an example of ....... the war inside my head LOL

damned if I do, damned if i don't

Right now I am getting ready for ice fishing season which is underway, but the ice on most lakes is still too sketchy for me to want to ride my atv on.

I'll let you guys know if there will be a contest this year and if there is, ALL gardens featuring strawberry hill gear, finishing in 2021, will be eligible.

I leave you all with these two inspirational tunes while I go water my garden :D

Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head - YouTube

Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down (Official Video) - YouTube

What are your stocks like...I will buy one from you if they are for any of my long guns...I also have a friend who is the North American division owner of an Italian firearms manufacturer and also owns a 22,000 sg ft sporting shop...feel free to hit me up if you can use some help...we ain't giving our guns up like Australia and Canada...the only way they are getting them here is bullets first!

So people understand in BC only the provincial government can market seeds. They deep sixed our very well developed seed industry in BC. One of the oddities of Canadian law was that if something had less than .05% THC it was legal. So seeds were legal to have but you could not sprout them. Huge grey market developed from that legal loop hole. Once the current government got in and implemented the new legalized cannabis laws in BC they also went after the long operating dispensaries not just the seed banks. I had my card from one of the originals (The Dispensary it was called) and they were under fire not sure if they survived. They were a non-profit and their oil was top notch. Out of touch with that part of things now.

Archived