Coastal

Welcome to Ill Eagle Industries

highdihigh

Nice intro mate !

Can't really say welcome to the site as you've got way more posts than me already (haha).

gorilla ganja

Well that explains the knowledge you have. A life long pursuit of Cannabis skills.
So what is   I'll Eagle Industries?  Don't understand the I'll  or is it supposed to be ill as in sick?
Anyway looking forward to seeing what you have, i'm sure they will be some fire genetics.

Peace GG

Trailerparkshine

I’m super happy you got to put this out there .i love learning about people as much as I do this plant.

Coastal

Thanks!

I am starting a seed company finally. I guess I lost focus of my story as often happens, but back in the summer of 2007 I got raided and lost all my seed stock I had been working to release... in 2016 my house burned to the ground with another 9 years of work inside it... luckily I had some stuff spread out this time and recovered some from the fire that still had some germination strength.. 

But after 4 years of busting ass and trying to rework projects I've done twice before, I'm finally at the point where I dont want to wait to get out some of the gems I've been collecting and lines I worked... I had a ton of things at Bx3 and S3 but everytime I have redone something it gets easier to select and less guesses where I'll end up..

Ill Eagle is a play on words nod to the past and the people that brought these Gene's from all over the world and worked them in silence for fear of persecution and betrayal... was a different time then and people forget the lengths people went to protect their families and develope these  plants just out of love of great smoke and a shady dollar or three..

Trailerparkshine

That’s great!i definitely wanna be on the short list for some of them gems your hiding.lol.i know how life gets in the way.its a lot of ups and down and fuck it buckets to be had.but the passion is what see’s us through.and you definitely have it.i can’t wait to see what you put out there.and to add it to the stable of breeders collected here ..well that good sir sounds like a great match!

oldschool

I will put my order in now.I would like one pack of everything.Thank you.

You plan on working with GLG.

Coastal

I will if I can @oldschool! Those guys are the best!

Got an old Super Skunk and M39 getting ready for cutting off..  very different growth for 2 skunk x afgani plants! 

So hard to decide what to focus on lol.. last year I did a cross of the M39 with Bob Hemphills Chem101(chem91xM10 afgani) and hit an old sativa skunk with Bohdi's Wolf Pack(gieselxappalacian) as well as the old Super Skunk with Dominion's burnout chem (ChemD x dominion skunk)..  

And I found a super bad ass male out of my Congo x Black Lime Reserve so I am going to use that n hit the Congo again and hopefully some other really tasty old NLD cuts..Breeder Steve's Sweet Skunk, some old Haze, an old Destroyer cut, Romulan,Sasquatch maybe a few others.

M39.. NL2 on the right there too by the red cup..

large.20200212_124510.jpg.82c852d18a373ee07de3819bdaa92454.jpg

Super Skunk... really old cut out of Powell river BC. Smells strong and rank as she grows and very strong in the bag, but tastes sweet and kinda floral.. not RKS lol, but really nice plant!large.20200212_124552.jpg.55207522cc6978f545317ed8828523b0.jpg

Got 4 tents ready..and males and females set to roll so here we go.. I might need some help deciding on project to persue so I'll get up a list of potentially interesting stuff and see what you all think should go down..

For sure the FSV Blueberry HP Bx2 , Congo Bx, Pink Kush Bx4, and Bullrider Bx will all be sooner than later! Thinking some Afgani and skunk work next but we will see!

Cheers and thanks for following along with my journey here!

Coastal
Posted (edited)

So those seeds I got when i moved out of home where blueberryxNL5 and Hawian IndicaxNL5, we started them out in a small tin foiled closet with a 400w metal halide we bought off a friend in a little trailer we rented and then built a flower room with the 1000w HPS I bought in a home made reflector I made out of an old tool box lid and flat white high temp paint,lol the room was made of a metal bunk bed frame and some white bed sheets as walls... because we where in school still selling weed and living on our own it wasn't long after our first cut down  some dip shits climbed in our window while we where at class and cut down a few of our revegging moms for the few grams of scraggly bud that already had branches growing out lol... luckily we had a few backup cuts rooting too. But that made us more aware..

My roommates girlfriends Mom and her boyfriend grew tables of catpiss and we would trim for them, learning bits as we went and they taught us more about security and learning to STFU! So after that and having to hide all the plants in the trunk of buddies car for a landlord inspection we decided to move house to a 100 year old 4 bedroom place... another friend brought us a crazy hydro setup from his Dad and we ran a few small rooms or various soil systems and the hydro buckets.. we started making a lot of hash and oil then from the leaf when we would trim for people and the bags of shake we would find chucked out up the mountain.. crazy times where had there! We got better at cloning and growing in general. But we where still pretty social and keeping it small because we where told BC hydro would call the cops if we ran too much power..

I managed to graduate even and once we where out of school we grew there for another 6 months or so then me and my first real partner growing split ways.

Edited by Coastal

Trailerparkshine

That’s awesome .i dig stories of how people started on this crazy journey.

for my vote that bull rider and romulan sound interesting to work with any of the lines. But also some of them older b.c only cuts sounds like it’s definitely going to something..shit I understand your dilemma.lol

blues147

Well, I just have to ask, after working in a pool hall did you get to meet many of canada's best players, somedays I feel like I've met them all. At are best we can be great story tellers, I def enjoy the journey.

Coastal

@blues147 I wish I was at a real busy pool hall, lol but this one was not that the previous owners put a lot in and went under then my Dads girlfriend brother bought it and they only lasted about 8 or 10 months... literally it was almost always empty.

Did meet a couple cool people but it just wasn't a good spot to play.. too expensive and no one else to play with.

I did learn a bit though.   Still a terrible pool player though i gotta say!

nexxus

Awesome story @Coastal👍

8 hours ago, blues147 said:

Well, I just have to ask, after working in a pool hall did you get to meet many of canada's best players, somedays I feel like I've met them all. At are best we can be great story tellers, I def enjoy the journey.

We need to get everyone together again for a couple dozen games soon man! My cues have an inch of dust on them LOL! Been way too long!

Coastal

large.20200317_112259.jpg.527bd8286c8fd168dfb611f1ded438fe.jpgPic of the Blueberry Hash Plant  ... these are some old 4 or 5 gallons of no till ... no maintenance  just plant and water... ph is climbing up in a few... will need to top dress some soon!

• Like 3
  • Nice Job 1
  • Yummy 2

shaggy
On 2/20/2020 at 9:02 AM, oldschool said:

I will put my order in now.I would like one pack of everything.Thank you.

That is why I nick named you popcorn...LOL:popcorn:

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

gorilla ganja

The Blueberry Hash plants look lovely. What is your plan with those? @Coastal

Tynehead Tom

had to log in to throw some congrats @Coastal

I totally got the "brand name" immediately LOL good one brother.

You really should work that blueberry hashplant line for a release. Buddy down the road grew those last summer from the now defunct community seedbank seeds and they were fantastic. Will be popping those again this summer we liked it so much.

Trailerparkshine
10 hours ago, gorilla ganja said:

The Blueberry Hash plants look lovely. What is your plan with those? @Coastal

I for sure agree that that bh looks yum..i look foreword to seeing what comes in the future with those.have you smoked that line yet?is it more of a hash taste or does the blueberry hold it down on flavor?

Coastal
Posted (edited)

Thanks a lot everyone!

I worked the BBHP a few times and the smell and taste is a very dominant trait, just trying to increase the % of plants that have the overwhelming berry smell of the mom. She is also a little finicky with feed and light and gets the late flower nanners at day 50+ so adding a few different Gene's to isolate the good and hopefully get a bit nicer finish ..

Years ago I chased down the female side of the line by taking her to S3 then made a x of that female to male then Bx as well as just did the Bx3 so I will pop those both and hunt out the real berry males for the Bx4    

Depending how the Gene's throw down I figure one of those should up the % a bunch so I will release whatever turns out best!

Great variety for outdoors or low light/feed grows... this plant could be a gram per watt champion because she gets hard bud under very low light levels!

Edited by Coastal

Kingfish

Wow, those girls are no joke - some serious stackers @Coastal. Do you get any mutations, smells, or funky color combos similar to Old Time Moonshine? The yield potential looks absolutely off the hook man. 

Coastal

I dont think she's related to DJ's work neccesarily... really old cut the bikers brought to BC from Quebec I heard in the early 90's... my friends got her in the end of the 90's early 00's but she was held tight for awhile before that!

Smell/Taste is strong berry but there is a distinct hash fuely chemical smell... when I did the S2 and S3 I got into a lot of older throwback phenos had some skunky looking ones with big grenade buds and more open structure and less colour and frost, but the one i bred with had small tight buds and lots of purple and frost with a strong chemical fuel electric fire and berry smell that carried out well in the cross as well.

I used DrAtomics Blueberry x NL male on both the BBHP clone and the S3 female and in growing those out I still found some strong blueberry smells and tastes, but the NL was pretty dominant and I got a lot of those too... I got 4 really special males out of the first 100 beans i popped, then chose another 8 out of a few hundred more i selected from outside just based on stem rubs in solo cups... flowered out a few females outside for seed too and just too look through and got a few nice berry ones with nice frost...

I tried to get clean Bx3 done the same just done in solo cups and selecting the most resinous berry smelling cuts at about 8-10 node mark when sex starts showing...but all was done a little quick and put away so I still have to go through a few hundred beans really quick to find the best males for a proper Bx4... not sure what males will throw the best progeny yet, but the whole project I have found very nice phenos in every pop...if I went off course I will have more of the Bx2 and 3 and some F2/3 from both the S3 x and BBHP mom so I am fairly confident I should be making some progress somewhere lol.. 

The few traits I really like is the strong berry, the funky chemical stinky ones and I had a really creamy one that had a good mouth coating sweetness I really liked a lot too! 

Tynehead Tom

I cash cropped and ran one of the clone houses for that biker blueberry from the mid 90's to mid 2000's.

Was really good weed and I also doubt it was related to the work DJ released to the public but ya never know. I ran lots of DJ gear when he first started dropping with marc emery and that chemical trait of the biker berry never showed up in the DJ work and we ran many many packs.

The trim crews often wore respirators for trimming the blueberry rooms as the smell would literally make you feel all fucked up after trimming for a couple hours.

Kingfish

Thank you both @Coastal and @Tynehead Tom. I simply meant that with the BB x HP, I thought of OTM. I’ve heard AK Bean Brain(interesting cat) talk of the pre DJ Short BB’s, guess they’ve been around for a long time.

Coastal

I spent a lot of time up near Alaska in the Yukon territory... there was an older guy that I worked for that had MTF and a Blueberry from Alaska in the early mid 90's.. that blueberry was one of the best I ever tried and I really want to try some of the AK badbeans blueberries from up there! 

The Alaska berry was way more fast growing and stretchy and had a crazy strong berry temps and frosty nice looking buds... was one of my favorites ever!

The BBHP is stout and a little slower growing but needs no support really and gets a less sweet more funk smell... also she is a bit older looking bud... still frosty but different looking than the modern stuff...

I think a lot of the varieties right from the mountains in Afghanistan Nepal India etc had some very resinous berry and sweet smelling Gene's that where brought home by the old hash trail hippies where grown out all over and selected for the crazy tastes and smells .. especially up in the north a lot of people where hunting varieties that would withstand the short seasons and cold rainy falls... these would have been good selections for those early growers!

I also think the blueberry hashplant name evolved as the hashplant craze was in full swing here... this cut was widely spread under the name Rene as well and i thought they where different until I had both at the same time a few years back.. 

It is interesting how a few varieties seem to have that crazy berry terpenes but how hard they are to lock down fully!