Grape Pupil

Guest RealityLoop

Guest RealityLoop

plugged in my cheap microscope to get some close ups, the purple trichomes are wild looking. this is from sugar leaf samples. i'll try and take some better pics at some point.

20200323_004108.jpg

20200323_004432.jpg

20200323_003616.jpg

Guest RealityLoop

The first photo is what I scraped up off of my trimming tray. There are only a few more branches left to trim now. I decided the re-veg wasn't worth the hassle and chopped it to free up space for a super silver haze clone I was given recently. I will be starting Panama Pupil v3 for my next run shortly though.

20200324_051758.jpg

20200324_043158.jpg

20200324_050005.jpg

20200324_050532.jpg

On 4/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, GreenDave said:

Update

really curious I just cracked 2 grape pupils

any tips for growing?

Hi there Dave,

I have a pack of these beans waiting on me to pop them.

Sp I follow most people growing it.

Dryer than wet, and organic.

Thats what I read mostly.

@Pupilfam any suggestions?

Guest GreenDave

Thanks for the info 

think I will grow 2 of each indoors and 1 each outside as I have read that it’s almost impossible to grow outdoors legally in Michigan

the laws are so vague I’ll give it some time to sort them selfs out

dont feel like a cowboy this year LOL

Guest Johne71

I’d echo @Ilynnboy.  Keep them on the dry side.  I’m actually amazed how well these like to dry out between cycles.  I feel like they should be drooping leaves and they look fine.   This is my first run, so not much to share.  I will say the stem runs remind me of the smell of A roll new carpet .   Weird because I haven’t smelled a roll of new carpet in a long time.  

j

Guest Metatron1212

Green Dave, Im pretty sure the main issues to grow outside here in michigan is behind a locked area and not visible from the street. 

Yup my best advice is let dry out completely, super dry, between every watering. Unique genetics and thats what they like, it makes a huge difference. They are drought resistant, I've never seen one wilt even when soil is super dry and light. If you water pupils when the roots are still wet, they'll get super pissed, grow slow, claw, smaller yield, etc.

1 hour ago, Metatron1212 said:

Green Dave, Im pretty sure the main issues to grow outside here in michigan is behind a locked area and not visible from the street. 

I believe that is the rules.

Maybe a Michigander who know will chime j

1 hour ago, Pupilfam said:

Yup my best advice is let dry out completely, super dry, between every watering. Unique genetics and thats what they like, it makes a huge difference. They are drought resistant, I've never seen one wilt even when soil is super dry and light. If you water pupils when the roots are still wet, they'll get super pissed, grow slow, claw, smaller yield, etc.

You mentioned the same thing to me. Mine are sill small, solos and 5" squares. They hate being watered. But if I don't let them dry out real well the like it even less when I water. They perk up right away, especially on the days the weather lets me bring them outside. Early on I ran out of DI water. Screwed up and used my local water. BIG mistake. Almost lost them. CP

Guest GreenDave
9 hours ago, Metatron1212 said:

Or if they want to screw with you 

I’ll keep it indoors until the waters settle

Thanks for the input

Archived