Grape Pupil

Guest RealityLoop

Guest RealityLoop

Hey all, it's my 2nd grow and I went with grape pupil this time. She's in a 15 gal pot with a 6 gal water res underneath. Plain water goes in through the bottom, top feeding liquid fishbone meal once a week as well now. Soil is m3 mix. 

The seed sprouted on Oct 31st and I left her in veg until Dec 21st. I like the way this plant looks but didn't take a clone, i'm going to try and reveg it later.

20200103_050602_HDR~2.jpg

20200110_234506~2.jpg

20200119_233753.jpg

20200119_233759.jpg

20200119_233820.jpg

20200119_233811_HDR.jpg

20200125_211303.jpg

20200125_211358_HDR.jpg

20200125_211508.jpg

20200125_211328.jpg

20200125_211705.jpg

46 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Wuts the genetic makeup of this one? 

It’s a multi headed hybrid @Twisted.

First there was Star pupil ( Thai x Paki).

Then PuTang which is Star pupil x Tangie

Then cross those two back to each other.

So Grape pupil is  Star pupil x PuTang. Or vice versa considering the pollen donor. As I believe they are Fem seed lines.

Di D I get it correct @Pupilfam?

Guest CentralMassOrganics

It's most definitely Star Pupil x Putang with Star Pupil being a reversed female as the pollen donor. I believe pretty much anything feminized crossed to Star Pupil has the Star Pupil being the reversed pollen donor, but I could be wayyy wrong.

That looks so beautiful! I love those purple resin rails 🙂 YUM!

Lineage is PuTang x Star Pupil.

Most fem pupil crosses are with Star Pupil as the pollen donor, like you said, but not all of them. In a cross, female is listed first, and then male listed second (or fem pollen donor listed second)

For example Panama Pupil V2 was my Star Pupil mother and Panamagoo #178 pheno reversed as the pollen donor.

I currently am testing a Grape Pupil V2 where I switched the parents, using the exact same clones. So it's Star Pupil x PuTang (reversed)

On 1/26/2020 at 2:58 AM, RealityLoop said:

Hey all, it's my 2nd grow and I went with grape pupil this time. She's in a 15 gal pot with a 6 gal water res underneath. Plain water goes in through the bottom, top feeding liquid fishbone meal once a week as well now. Soil is m3 mix. 

The seed sprouted on Oct 31st and I left her in veg until Dec 21st. I like the way this plant looks but didn't take a clone, i'm going to try and reveg it later.

20200103_050602_HDR~2.jpg

20200110_234506~2.jpg

20200119_233753.jpg

20200119_233759.jpg

20200119_233820.jpg

20200119_233811_HDR.jpg

20200125_211303.jpg

20200125_211358_HDR.jpg

20200125_211508.jpg

20200125_211328.jpg

20200125_211705.jpg

this is one of the seeds ive had my eyes on , so ill be taging along , looking nice .

Guest RealityLoop

The guy selling it calls it an octo pot but it's just a plastic tub with a bobber on it that'll show you the water level as you fill it up. There is fabric pot on top with a hole cut in the bottom, a net cup goes in there and the roots grow down through it.

I like this setup because it's easy to deal with and i feel like it simulates a plant growing next to a river, or a pond. The stuff to make my own just showed up today. An 11 gallon shallow tub with a 6 inch net cup. I'll still need a lid for the fabric pot to sit on though. some large, square piece of plastic should do. I may put an air stone in there next time as well, but it does seem to like the water res as it is.

Guest InTheSeed

I've heard good things about the octo pots.  Yours sure look to be stress free and enjoying their time in the sun.     If I had to guess i would bet your as an engineer for Chrysler or GM??? I know a few as I'm in North East Oakland County.  Looking at those pictures I can tell you have an eye for the details. 

14 hours ago, CentralMassOrganics said:

This looks amazing! Anyone know how Grape Pupil does outdoors in New England? 

Very well! Star Pupil, PuTang, Grape Pupil, all do great in our gnarly weather. Very resistant overall.

FiveStar and Praying Mantis also do well.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RealityLoop

Hey all, I've been really busy lately but managed to harvest @ 73 days. I have everything hanging in my tent to dry now and i'll take some pics after I trim it up, hopefully in about 14 days. Unfortunately compared to a nice 60-64% rh which slowly lowered to 55% over the course of 13 days for the dry last year when I harvested in April, i'm getting 44% rh here at this time with it dropping fairly quickly. So far it's dropped to 39% in 24 hrs. The temp is a steady 61°F though. Should I try and raise the rh or am I already screwed?

Guest Johne71

I brought my buds up from my basement and they were at 43% rH after 5 days.  I trimmed them a bit more and put the buds in jars.  

I used a very small piece of orange peel about the size of half dollar.  Left it in and sealed overnight and it was at 70% the next day.  Kept the lid off until it dropped back to 58 and sealed it again.  Of course give the buds a roll around to homogenize the environment a bit.  

Mine have settled at 61% now starting pretty low.     Be careful.  Left too long, that orange slice could mold quick.   I’ve done it with small orange slices or cutting off a chunk of green branch from the cannabis that still has some inner moisture.  

enter at your own risk. 

j

I would never add anything to the jar to raise humidity... besides a fan leaf or stem... sometimes a bit overdry flower can still be extremely high quality, I wouldnt suggest adding anything foreign like a fruit in there personally. Keep it weed!

Guest RealityLoop

I still have them hanging in the tent because i'm working a lot, I had thought about putting a few buckets of water in there to raise the humidity but i'm not sure if it's really worth it. When I checked this morning the meter said 37% rh, down from 44% on tuesday when I hung them up to dry. I did leave a few buds on the plant to reveg it, so if this doesn't turn out good I at least have a chance to take some clones and start again.

It is difficult to hit all the marks being busy when the trim-to-jar window opens. My daughter was in town when the window opened last summer...she didn't want to trim. I just wanted to chill with her. So it didn't get done on time. I tried my best to hold the humidity for a few more days. It was still past the sweet spot going into the jar. Most things came out good after a longer cure. A couple still held the hot sinus exhale.

I've layed wet towels on the poly floor to raise the humidity. The dehumidifier keeps things in check. A wet towel or two hanging from a line works too. Exchange the towels regularly to keep things from getting funky. I've never had problems with mold. 

I'm with @Pupilfam. I wouldn't recommend adding anything in to the weed jars besides weed. 

I think its important to make and hold copies of everything till after the smoke test...or reveg. Sometimes things pop up after a long cure and you'll be glad you did. Seed plants acclimate and can change to after a few C generations too. From my experience usually for the better. Cuttings can change their phenotypic expression from room to room as well.  

If I cant get to my stuff to trim I buck the bud down either off the stalk or into chunks that fit in a paper grocery bag then put those  into a contractor garbage bag that i seal up.. 

I have a humidifier I use in my tent to get them up to the right approx humidity in the paper bag before I put it into the garbage bag, but I found if the bud gets to dry on the stalk it's hard to keep all the oils etc in the flower and even if rehydrated a bit they end up a bit smaller and less terpenes etc.. 

I try to buck mine right before the biggest stalks fully break when bent... it's a fine line but I like when the small branches snap but the biggest still have some bend...

ive used slices of apple ,citris fruit pills lemon,lime,orange,grapefruit, but nothing work as good as a couple pot fan leafs, an want alter the aroma/taste of the bud.

Guest RealityLoop

I managed to get my humidity under control within the first few days by adding my 11 gallon res and two 5 gallon buckets of water into the tent with a small fan blowing across the surface. Doing so raised my humidity to 62% and it has been slowly dropping over the past week. It's at 55% now so i decided to start trimming and jarring the buds. After 3 branches I noticed that the stems were still wet so I stopped there for now, but here are a few quick pics. I'm smoking the sugar leaves out of my volcano right now and the flavor is outstanding. It reminds me of drinking a sprite, with fruity overtones. Berry and pineapple come to mind. The high is clearheaded and seems focusing at lower doses, after a few bags I start to feel a bit spacey with heavy eyelids. I'll let the rest of my branches hang for another week if possible before trimming them up for the jars. Meanwhile a few offshoots on the main stem are in re-veg, hopefully those will be ready to clone next month.

20200315_194602.jpg

20200315_194359.jpg

20200315_184526~2.jpg

20200315_195514.jpg

Archived