tuning in with the Global Antenna

Tynehead Tom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, flboy said:

some body please announce when this happens. hopefully for outdoor season lol 

Me too I might need to pick up a pack.

Never enough outdoor fast flowering Sativa's.

Nice bag appeal Tynehead.

How do they smoke?

I did an in depth grow n show on these on that other site , both indoors and out. I'll see if i can find my smoke report and do a cut and paste.

Now, I an indica or mostly indica hybrid kind of guy so other than random bags over the years, it's been a very long time since i've smoked any real true sativas. So ya, I was very impressed with this particular variety that Fabvariousk has created because it gets me so fricken high and has awesome and unique flavours. I'll find that smoke report and throw it up here.

here's a cut n paste from the post i made on the other site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I joined here I had no interest in growing sativa varieties but noticed so many growers here running mostly sativa varieties and was kinda blown away by a great many pics in various threads. I stumbled onto Antenna's threads and the more I read, the more I became intrigued. Also, from Fabvariousk's posts, he just seems so passionate and open and involved that I felt that his seeds were the ones I would try.
From his posts and pics it was either gonna be a headgames or purplelazerlite and I opted for the PLL. It was an excellent choice if I do say so myself.
every female I have flowered has filled jars with very potent, flavorfull plump buds.
Since harvest, the PLL #4 plant ended up being the favorite for flavor, kinda of a soft sweet sandalwood/sage hashy flavor, very nice and the jars are near empty.
PLL # 2 plant has kept it's hint of mint and is a real hard flavor to describe, hints of chocolate and spearmint. This is the one that had the super strong poultry spice type smell thru weeks 4 to 6 and changed to the chocolate minty smells/flavours at the end.

The #3 plant has cured to very dark rock hard buds. I find this one has good back pain relieving qualities and has a smooth but peppery/spicey flavor. A little more narcotic like an indica, her high is more indica like than her sisters if that is a fair comparison.

#1 plant, the biggest and longest flowering. buds weren't as dense on her and she didn't pile the trichomes on till the last couple weeks but she sure did flower hard, every day the buds looked different and just blew right up at the end. She is a fantastically meditative flower. Very potent and day dreamy but yet the head stays clear enough that you can snap yourself out of it and still remain motivated to do stuff. I also notice that after many weeks in the jar curing now, the resins are still sticky and even handling a bud leaves enough resin on the skin to notice it. Flavours are very mellow on her, nothing really stands out but she is smooth and tasty none the less. Kind of a earthy with just a hint of sage kind of flavour.

================================================

in hind sight, indoor #2 ended up being the favorite for me but all my friends were raving about the #1 and #4

then when the greenhouse came down , both of those are big hits , very much resembling the descriptions above of plant #2(similar in high and tastes as #7) and #4(similar in high and tastes as #5).

• 2 weeks later...

okay, this is a grow n show so on with the show ;)

here are the 6 Headgames 3 I popped on Christmas day. They are only vegging under 128watts of floros from germination and doing well.

Going into around day 50 from germination, they are shaping up well and performing just as those purplelazerlites did.

When I grew those, Fab suggested I remove fan leaves from developed branches early on versus topping. With Purplelazerlite it worked exceptionally well to manage the plant and get them to branch outwards, not up. Same is working for Headgames 3 as the branches seem to boost when i pluck the fans. Seed plant #6 in the pics topped itself... or i was clumsy, I dunno, but from very early on it split into 2 shoots so i left it be. It will need attention if it turns out to be female LOL

Here's some pics , day 50 from soaking the seeds.

Headgames 3 , day 50 veg #1,2,3 - Copy.JPG

Headgames 3 , day 50 veg #4,5,6 - Copy.JPG

Headgames 3 day 50 veg group - Copy.JPG

Guest 3rdCoaster

Looky there,  the Antenna is broadcasting on more channels.  Sure to be a good show,.  Mine produced nice fat funky spears with a hint of pineapple and that trademark Antenna "smell of getting high".  Tiny, prolific trichromes.

So here are two bushy ladies from last years 4-20 seed pop of Purplelazerlite. These are the two I ran in my greenhouse last summer had have yet to see them flower inside. They are getting cloned today and will be off to the flowering room as soon as I get some rooted clones. These girls are gonna be some serious monsters haha! Purplelazerlite #7 is my favorite of the two once in the jars.

Purplelazerlite Ladies feb 17.JPG

Purplelazerlite Pheno #7.JPG

Okay, back to Headgames 3.... little update.

The stem smells on these are interesting and very pleasant with a hint of something dank and foul :D

There seems to be two main expressions so far , Tall and slow to branch and short and very bushy, responding very well to plucking fans to encourage shoots.

So far it looks like the two tallest are female and the two bushiest are female, leaving 2 not sure yet. Only 2 are 100% showing female, other two are probably female will know in few days. I topped the tall ones they are just reaching for the ceiling haha

Headgames 3 , started christmas day and vegging under 128watts 4100K T8 floros. These are going to the 1000W flowering room end of next week.

pictured is 3 of 6 seedlings.

Headgames 3 feb 21 - Copy.JPG

My new place has an insulated 18x30x8ft detached shop building with natural gas heater. 

I've built a wall across the back with 2x6 and R22 insulation, sectioning off an 8ft x 17ft x 8ft area. The floor has been raised by way of foam panel insulation between 2x4 and skinned over with 1/2" plywood, then silver faux checkerplate vynil flooring rolled out over top.

The 8x17 area is divided into 4 rooms essentially and each room is passive intake from "lung area" and venting thru ceiling to charcoal fliters in the attic.

I can also easily remove and reattach the venting set up to exhaust the small rooms into the lung room when temps during lights out are not being maintained at desired levels. So I have an 8x 8 flowering room with 2 x 1000W HPS and the NH940 ultra ace in the middle. Lights are vertical and the plants will go into 5 gallon buckets lined with hydroton and filled with sunshine 4.

on opposite side there are 2 4ft x 4ft x 8ft cabinets for making seeds. These have Hepa filter intake covers and panels in the exhaust. 

lastly the center area is a little over 4x8 and has the access door , lighted shelves for vegging, starting seed and cloning, as well as a sink, counter top and cabinet for supplies. Everything is running on 220V except the oscillating fans and a few other small items.

Ya I've been trying to get the footprint just right and looking at possibly picking up 2 of those 600HPS kits but I don't want digital ballasts so have to investigate. I have not really kept up on grow room tech over the past decade but stickin with what i know seems to work best for me :D

3K might be too much for the space and still fit the plants but we will see. The HPS go up top , positioned with center of bulb just below tops and the halide or NH940 hangs between them, bottom of the bulb level with bottom of plants or there abouts. I'm hoping to fit 12 to 18 plants per rotation and be able to grow from 2 footers to 6 footers or larger if need be haha

a giant purplelazerlite, scrogged out under 3K ..... hmmmmmmm 

Guest 3rdCoaster

My floor to ceiling height is 7', minus room for drain tables and air cooled hoods.   It makes it hard to grow the taller plants with out a lot of training.

Im not a huge fan of harvesting out of a screen, nets can be just as bad.

Next place has ten foot ceilings or taller in my work area or im not buying it.  That extra height really makes a difference.  

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Coastal said:

Started up 10 purplelazerlite seeds!

pretty stoked to see these grow out..pics asap

Sweet you gonna show us?

maybe in the Deep end?

I'm gonna do a repeat of last year and pop my next purplelazerlite round on 4-20 , so another month from now.

My headgames 3 are going to flower this week. I've kept them small in 1 gallon pots so time to let them loose in the flower room.

can't wait for headgames 3 buds in time for my birthday :)

I am stoked to see what Tom and Coastal do with and think of Headgames3. I found some more and will send some into GLG as soon as I get word that the PL3 arrived safely. I know they had some water issues. 

ya that part of the states got hammered pretty hard I hear. We're all growers so i imagine DBJ and crew have some shit to deal with.

plus all the bodhi drop orders I figure they will get to our drops when they can ;)

The headgames 3 i started at christmas lol...... I'm so bad having those vegging still in one gallons but is what it is. They should be just fine, they have handled it like champs haha

Ya I been so busy man LOL my poor plants. It's good in one way as I get to stress test the shit out of everything haha

Since moving in I've had my gas fitter over to switch the stove/oven over to natural gas as well as the electric hot water tank over to a navian on demand natural gas unit. It has freed up a shitload of power I have had my electrician busy at work rerouting to my grow building. Meanwhile I've been making weekly trips to the lumber mart for 2x6 , 2x4, r22, r15, styro for the subfloor and "wet" room grade drywall.... electrical boxes, wiring, timers, hahaha I haven't stopped bleeding money since i moved LOL all for a good cause tho :D

all the while keeping my mums and selected female seedlings packed in a 4x4 x6 under a 400 halide and the seed starts and clones under the 4ft floros. It's working but I'm at the breaking point and need to light the big room up like yesterday. I figure maximum 10 days and flowering begins in the new room.

Archived