tuning in with the Global Antenna

Tynehead Tom

@fabvariousk she is frosty man ! and starting to swell up now. She has a bit looser flowers but there's still a few weeks to go for them to swell up. Sativas seem to really pour it on in those last few weeks it seems.

I apologize for the crappy pics , they will get much better at harvest time I promise ;)

1st pic is Headgames III at day 42 flowering. pistils are starting to fade and she is getting frostier by the day. 1 more feeding and then water to the end.

The other pics are the Purplelazerlite pheno 7 that I flipped at 6 or 8 inches tall. It is flopping under the weight of the buds. Not gonna be a huge yielder but it's doing alright considering it's tiny thin stems and no strings yet LOL The Headgames III and this pheno of purplelazerlite share similar aromas and that underlying minty background that i really like. Can't wait to pop more seeds of both of these lines.

day 42 flowering.

DSC04593 - Copy.JPG

DSC04619 - Copy.JPG

DSC04621 - Copy.JPG

DSC04623 - Copy.JPG

DSC04624 - Copy.JPG

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya man, they are such cool plants these sativas haha Starting to wonder what my fear of them was all about and glad I took the plunge last year. 

I guess it was always the super long flowering times and unmanageable stretch that turned me off. Good thing your seeds don't produce plants like that or I would have moved on. Can't wait to blow up pheno 5 and 7 of purplelazerlite outdoors in the greenhouse again. Last season was a tonne of fun and so far this season is "much" better as far as mother nature is concerned. I'm gonna make the best of it , getting all the plants outside a full 2 weeks earlier than last year and much better established for a good start ;)

My girls of Com Blue II and Bubble Pop are going out tomorrow in #5 pots, veg to end of june, light dep starting july. The Purplelazerlites though, I think I wanna run them full season again even if it means heaters going full blast while the snow falls at harvest time like last year haha

plants in the flower room hit end of week 7 today. The flipped clone of Purplelazerlite pheno 7 is extremely close to harvest at 49 days. I doubt a full size plant would finish this fast but ya never know. One of my indoor phenos from these beans finished in 56 to 58 days so am thinking this one is similar. Giving her a few more days but she has swelled up into chunk gnarly looking buds just coated in sugar. Got amber trichomes forming so any day now she will get 72hrs darkness and the chop. Will get some pics when i pull her from the room.

Headgames III was looking like would be some open not so dense sativa buds but now at 49 days, she is starting to lean at the top and the branches are sagging out making her look much bigger LOL So I guess those buds are gonna swell right up in these last 2 weeks ;) She is impressive!! I took a couple shots of her buds, just gotta clean em up and I'll get them posted up.

here's a couple quick pics of the Purplelazerlites. Same ones as my monster plants last summer , kept alive to run again!! :rasta.nana:

The crazy looking one is pheno 7 , the giant from last summer. This is what happens when you top an antenna sativa haha It just goes crazy LOL

I am going to set this into an 18 gallon tote and scrog the hell out if it ;) The number 5 will get light dep flowered real soon as it's already getting to be a pretty good sized plant and don't want a giant tree this time.

DSC04656 - Copy.JPG

DSC04657 - Copy.JPG

DSC04658 - Copy.JPG

day 51 for the Headgames III in the flower room and her buds hardened up like crazy the past few days. I'm seeing "some" new hairs here n there but also about 10 to 15% amber in the middle of the plant. Will probably aim at harvest in about 7 to 10 days.

The small purplelazerlite flowered clone stopped pushing hairs and is bunching up for the finish. She's small but a very cool plant . Trichomes are about 20% amber on her so she's coming down any day now. I had a feeling she would be a faster finisher indoors with how she finished up in the greenhouse last fall. Very hard to finish full sativas here even with a heated greenhouse but that pheno finished extremely well. Glad I've kept it around as it was fantastic smoke.

Will do up some pics by the weekend, things are very crowded in my flower room right now ....... it's a good problem to have ;)

Well, it's chop time for this flowered clone of Purplelazerlite (2015 release). This one is pheno #7 , the giant from my greenhouse last summer.

Looks very different indoors but has way more frost than outdoor hehehe. Can't wait to get this little plant cured up. Clone was between 6 and 8 inches tall when it was flipped and never really got to take advantage of the pot i flowered it in. Next time I'll use a 1.5 gallon to flip clones of these. Overall i am very impressed with how this one turned out ;)

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic1 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic2 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic3 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic4 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic5 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic6 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic7 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic8 - Copy.JPG

Purplelazerlite pheno 7 indoor pic9 - Copy.JPG

Headgames III

what a rock star of a plant this girl has been. I was so mean to her in veg. She survived extended veg in a 1 gallon, a battle with thrips and just shoddy conditions for most of her veg. You would never know it by looking at her now. She continues to fatten and those somewhat loose buds have firmed right up. Gonna continue the flush to next weekend maybe..... but she's 20% amber so could be any day now.

Headgames III day 55 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

Headgames III day 55 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Headgames III day 55 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

I'm so ripped right now :D

just jarring up that small Purplelazerlite and rolled up a doob. Greasy , sticky, stinky goodness!! It's neat how this stuff dries up to a nice cure, yet the trichomes stay gooey for a long time. This girl is extremely potent and has a real kick to it. It was powerful weed when i grew it in the greenhouse but it seems to have gotten a whole lot stronger than I remember. The high from this girl is immediate and 3 good strong tokes and a guy could put the doobie out for a while. I smoked 1/2 of a joint and it was a little too much haha. I'm still trying to figure out these flavours but it is sweet with a hint of mintyness and that indescribable taste that carries thru in all the purplelazerlite phenos. This just makes me want to pop more Antenna seeds and fall can't get here fast enuff LOL

Will get some cured bud shots up soon.

The headgames 3 is in the dark room for last couple days now, she is done and is loaded!! She kinda smells like the purplelazerlite so I'm excited to get her cured and into a rolling paper. Will get some pics of her as well.

I get the potency, 1/2 a joint is too much?

but how is the Head?

Spacey? Clear?, slow, fast?

happy and talkative?

or spacey and quiet?

What kind of Sativa buzz?

How is the Enjoy-ability of it?

the high is strong, full sativa head with a clear soaring high. No couch lock but rather it's hard to sit down and do nothing haha. would be excellent weed for a social atmosphere, party, concert ect. Smoking too much though and it leaves me ripped and spaced out and perhaps too high for smoking alone LOL Tastes too good to put the doob out and I find it very easy to over indulge haha

Purplelazerlite as a whole, based on popping only 9 seeds and finding 6 females..... from indoors and greenhouse, from growing to smoking gets an absolute 10 out of 10 from me. 

Thanks for the great descriptions and for answering questions so well @Tynehead Tom! I can tell everyone how great I think these strains are but people probably believe it more coming from someone else! Lol

The weed seems stronger this time around because it is not a shock to your brain anymore. Your brain has been waiting for the purplelazerlite to push its button again and everything else you smoke is not going to seem potent in this way because it pushes unique buttons.

It is unique man that's for sure. I truly believe when more folks grow and smoke your strains, there will be a rather large following to come hehehe

My perspective is that I go thru an easy ounce a week of the best weed my part of canada has to offer so if something new comes along and I am singing it's praises.... there has to be something to it right? I'm just one guy tho and I'll admit to not having a lot of experience with full sativa highs but I know flavour and a great high as much as the next stoner in line and so far, the plants I've grown have checked all the boxes for me. Ease of growth, vigor from sprout to harvest, easy to feed, easy to train, flowers in breeders claimed window, yield, potency, flavours all in the "worth growing again" category..... 

everyone , and I mean everyone, I have smoked the purplelazerlite phenos with have all been both intrigued and highly impressed with the qualities of these plants. Since I harvested my first crop of them last year, when ever my friends come into town, it's the first stuff they ask for haha

take a bow Fabvariousk...... and get your stuff to a cup ;)

I just smoked my first un cured joint of purple lazerlite, I have to agree with everything tom said. They even yielded decent. These are connoisseur genetics without a doubt. But I'll have better report and Picts in a few days

I'm itchin to taste test the Headgames III that's hanging in the drying room ;)

few more days and I should be able to sample her.

Can't wait til my buddies are ready I think he's flipped them now. I should find out - He has a RLL that just reeks, if its a male I will be conflicted haha. 

2 hours ago, Ganja Ken said:

Can't wait til my buddies are ready I think he's flipped them now. I should find out - He has a RLL that just reeks, if its a male I will be conflicted haha. 

cool man, feel free to throw up any pics if you get any.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I decided to wake and bake with the now nicely cured Headgames III.

This pheno shares some commonalities with the Purplelazerlite 1 as far as growth, structure, flower formation ect. Was easy to grow and very tolerant of stresses. She holds her own weight up better than the purplelazerlite as her branches angle upwards and seem generally beefier. Yield was excellent on this girl, coming in at a couple grams under 3 ounces. Some larfy lowers but stuff that i shoulda trimmed off anyways.

Flavor---- damn, these have such complex flavor profiles it almost takes a small group of people to express what they taste to actually come up with a profile haha We taste spearmint, sandalwood, cheese, a sweetness similar to berries and then that "antenna" flavor...... the flavor with no name..... it just hits all the right spots.

The high.... soaring and clear and immediate. motivational, get shit done while being very high kinda weed. I really enjoy this smoke and it is just killer breakfast bud. That said, she makes for great evening socializing weed and garners praise from everyone who has smoked her. My buddy's son, in his 20's , who mostly consumes shatters and rosins , begged me for a jar to take back to burn with his buddies. I'd say we have a winner ;)

Looking forward to popping more of the headgames III and again I must thank Fabvariousk for his generosity and for taking the time to breed his fantastic Sativas. I'm well and truly hooked :rasta.nana:

Once again you bless us with a fantastic description!

thanks Tom! I am very happy (but not surprised) you liked the HG3.

i hope @dragboatjeffy posts the headgames3 packs I sent him soon so that others may feel the power and smell of "gettin' high!" ;)

• 4 weeks later...

1st pic...... Purplelazerlite pheno #5 @ day 32 light dep flowering and second pic is the Purplelazerlite pheno #7 which won't start flowering for about another 3 weeks. I figure day 1 flowering will be Aug 16th. She is gonna be a fuggen monster ;)

July 26 Purplelazerlite #5 - Copy.JPG

July 26 Purplelazerltie #7 - Copy.JPG

Archived