Med Cookies, Darlin's Net, NASA Bruce

Guest Nickmac

Guest Nickmac

FIRST AND FOREMOST!!! I need to give a huge shout out to @Oldman michigany budds for hooking me up! Took a long time to start this, but here we roll. 

When I popped these beans I had to keep in mind I am only allowed 5 plants over 5" tall. So my theory was to plant some hack a clone off and check sex and go from there. It has been years since I have grown and didnt want to over burden myself. I planted 3 Med Cookies 2 Darlin's Net and 1 NASA Bruce.  I also have some Sour Grape clones that I am growing out I need to be cognizant of that. I enjoy DWC but have these in soil till I figure out sex.  Little phone cameras action sorry for res in advance. 

20200101_195458.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nickmac

@Ilynnboy Thanks for the warm welcome. I joined a while ago so no worries and it was quietly lol was a member a long time ago before one of the crashes or malfunctions I believe. Pics when the lights come on later 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MPB said:

Any updates ?? Got some D nets I’m itchin to pop but plant counts are hard on a seed popper !! Lol

You should learn how to do grafting. You could graft 10 different seedlings  onto one plant. Tag them all separately and do a pheno hunt on the one plant.

if it turns out one is a male, cut it off.

I follow someone on Insta that is doing that experiment right now.

he grafted sprouts...

The_plant_savant is his screenname if ya want to check him out.

He grows all kinds of oddities.

Guest Nickmac

I will post pictures shortly *lights off*. Clones have been taken roots just started to pop through rockwool. They will go into flower on the 6th with my sour grape so I can sex them. I thought it would be tough with the 5 inch issue, turns out it isnt too tough to deal with. Started the pots a little over halfway with soil and gradually add some as they grow ;-D lol. I have thought about grafting. 

Guest Nickmac

Not too much going on little too hot last water apparently but we are chugging along. I'm not really a soil guy so please excuse my experiment. I am honestly praying for some females and then they will go in hydro they just need to make it 3 more weeks. *crosses fingers* I am flipping some other plants next week and I will be adding some of these to sex them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Right now its RODI water then I add .2 ml per 5 gallons of cal mag, silica, grow a and b until I hit about 175 ppm ph'ed to 6.5 for the cups their schedule is feed feed water. The clones are getting rodi, 1/4 strength silica, sea kelp, and some root builder hit around 50ppm ph'ed to 5.5 - 5.6. Am I giving them to much food?  

20200203_221419.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If those are just rooted clones I wouldn’t feed anything till they establish some more roots. But that’s just me, many MUCH more experienced growers here to answer ???s than me. I’m sure some will chime in.

You want to match your feed to the amount of light and heat and tte growth you expect to achieve... looks like your lights are up pretty high... but I'd say your plants are pretty large in tte cups already so I would be feeding over 1ec already and thinking on increasing light aswell.

You'll get bigger leaves and faster growth if you do but things will need to be uppotted faster etc etc so it's up to the structure you want to establish.

Guest Nickmac

I have been keeping them as small as possible due to plant count and size. They will be planted in 3gal smart pots once sex is established and males are removed. I know they are not happy in the cups, they are pretty light green 😕 but I dont want to over feed. They are most likely root bound....SMH 😞 The clones are 6 days into flower and should be showing up to the party any day now. Lol I have 12 clones of sour grape 3 clones of  Franco Loja's lemon cheese and 6 clones of Pineapple Express that need to be re-homed but around here we cant give them away ..??.. I have been feeding worm casting tea with a little of the base nutes around 250ppm. 

holy sheepshit:share: u made it brother.

sorry it took me so long to see this,

been a real shit few months for me..

these r the ones i gave u at my moms place?

they look great .. took ur sweet ass time lol. :5899aa31ab92f_Chimpaughinggif:

Guest Nickmac

@Oldman michigany budds I cannot thank you enough for getting me started off on the right foot! I do apologize for my delay had to wait till I was legal 😄

Ladies on the left and right are sour grape, top plant is Fanco's Lemon Cheese, and last one on the bottom is Pineapple Express. They are a little small I know, had to get things moving along though lol lots of strains and lots of clones going to be funny keeping them under 5 inches LOL it has been a circus so far LOL soil is easy to make them shorter DWC is not :-P. 

20200220_213120.jpg

I crawled out from under my rock to have a peak around. Nice selection of beans 👍.

Darlin has been on me for quite a while now to crack some darlins net beans. It's been a couple of years since I made the bx2  and I lost the DMT stud a few months ago so the project is dead. I mentioned this thread to darlin and next thing I know she drops a pack of the original dn beans in front of me. Guess I'm going looking for a close representation of the DMT stud and  earn some browny points while  at it. 

under 5 inches tall ?dammit kidd? thats bullshit right there..

i sure am glad to be here in the michigan swamp..

till we move our asses south that is..

29 minutes ago, Oldman michigany budds said:

under 5 inches tall ?dammit kidd? thats bullshit right there..

i sure am glad to be here in the michigan swamp..

till we move our asses south that is..

Tennessee is working on the same idea as Oklahoma for medical. Haven't heard about progress in a while but Oklahoma is looking out for patients first so far. 

Pretty fair to the businesses also

Almost 15 times as many dispensaries as McDonald's 😂

Guest Nickmac

Dispensaries are a joke here in Illinois both rec and med... taxes are FUCKED as well but surprise surprise lol. At least I can now grow and know what's going in my medicine. 

58 minutes ago, Nickmac said:

At least I can now grow and know what's going in my medicine. 

Did you see NV. is pushing for 2% THC cap on all Medical.

Coming to a town near you....Fucked up shit.

All medical will soon be pharmacy only too, more fucked up shit.

Cannabis is gonna be illegal again if you don't buy from big pharma.

Sad really, so so sad.

Sorry to be a downer

Shag

Canada fuct it all up too... they could gave made a killing just taxing all the established dispensaries and edible makers etc etc... but nope they made it all government where the businesses are legally bound to fail and be unable to provide any quality to a market that was getting use to selecting from the competitive open market that's was evolving naturally through supply and demand to support organic tested no spray hand trimmed super high end weed! And it brought a lot of  money to many people rather than using very few people and producing good weed only to have it trashed in an automated wet trimmed over dried and in a non air tight package like a pill bottle for 3 plus months to sale point..

There is no way it will work and its driving people back into the black market here and bring formerly legal folks too seeking the quality the where accustom too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nickmac

@Oldman michigany budds Sour Grape clones from you, a Lemon Cheese, and a Pineapple Express day 30. NASA Bruce is a female, 2 out of 3 Med Cookies are female, and so far 1 of the 2 Darlin's Net is female. I had to hack them up and make clones becuase of plant height/count restrictions. Scott's OG from Rare Dankness is day 12 flower. I waited to flower the Strawberry Glue again becuase of height and count restrictions. Sorry for the long stretches between updates. Now that they are in hydro they will come faster 🙂

20200319_203351.jpg

1584668601860284352921969350371.jpg

15846686441165939299648372861574.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest boyd crowder

5" huh?

thats what she said...

so sounds like I'd be doing some significant training for moms- does they have a diameter restritions too?

Guest Nickmac

@boyd crowder no restrictions on circumference. It was initially something that seemed unachievable but keeping within my limits is tricky but doable. Med cookies pheno 1 and pheno 3 have 2 clones each going into my RDWC system. I have one of each in soil, as well I have one of each Darlin's Net pheno 1 and 2 in soil and 1 of each in a DWC bucket. I also have 2 NASA Bruce in solid and 1 in hydro. I also still have the mothers.... just began harvest on the sour grape and pineapple express. Lemon cheese has 2 more weeks and Scott's OG has 3 weeks or so then those others will go into flower. Pictures shortly. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Nickmac

I have one NASA Bruce and 2 phenos of Darlins Net in flower around week 2. Starting to see some resin forming. Neither strain seems to be to finicky as far as feeding goes. All organic soil grow for them this round. Doing a round if med cookies in my RDWC system they are just starting week 3 in veg. I have a rock candy OG that is seeming to have some odd leaves and what look like deficiency but the plant is just powering through. The sour grape went 9 weeks could have gone one more but that stuff OOZES resin and makes me fear the koolaid man will bust my wall down from the smell. 

20200607_221253.jpg

20200607_221443.jpg

Archived