Indigo Grape Tester

Guest JustGrewIt

Guest JustGrewIt

Lineage is indigo child x putang

Indigo child is a special selection of star pupil with an absolutely amazing effect. Comes from Hawaii.

Add photos here and discuss growing tips.

A little over a month from seed under trellis.

9A6C185D-1756-4F11-903F-AC886120096E.jpeg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking great, cant wait to follow along during flower. Am growing some myself, as well.

@CentralMassOrganics These are brand new, still havent flowered them, they are just testers so far. The idea was using IC fora kind of Grape Pupil "remix" in that the lineage is almost the same, only it uses the Indigo Child phenotype which has possibly the best high I have ever experienced. I love the high of Star Pupil in general, but the Indigo Child takes it to the next level... the best high I've ever had in my life, and I am doing a lot of breeding projects with her, in hopes of bringing those effects to people in seed form. A few of my lines come close, but the Indigo Child just has something so unique about the high. It was a rare, lighter pink pheno of star pupil, nearly a runt in comparison to the rest... the high makes you feel like when you're 10 years old and EVERYTHING is so happy and beautiful and you've never had anything bad happen to you before, like all your anxieties and negativities never existed... the high comes on super slow the first couple hours and then all of a sudden you're SO HIGH and it lasts 4-7 hours... was up all night the first time I tried it. The next day I felt so good and it really pulled me completely out of a depressed period I was going through. Just feeling THAT good was enough to make me feel so good about everything in general, and be more social and explorative. Felt "high" the whole next day... or more "healed" and refreshed to the next level. Psychedelic... euphoric. Very powerful experience. Moved in a positive direction for months after that experience.

Smoking the Indigo Child other times... I have gotten to know her better. She gives you what you need, not what you want. She can be brutally overly strong if you smoke it at the wrong time and induce anxiety. I think if you smoke it when you "need" it, treat it with respect and not with greed, she rewards you. I have had many times when shes given me that amazing healing she did the first time, and have had many times that it was nothin too enjoyable... set and setting...

Anyways, Grape Pupil is another one of my favorites, a fantastic daytime high and lightly trippy too, and positive, so I think the Indigo Grapes has amazing potential to be super good cannabis 🙂

Guest JustGrewIt

Looking to flower, looking for confirmation if I should defoliate anything from the star pupil line before flowering or at day 28.

Here are current images of the two I have in veg now.

502C529D-D4E5-4503-A344-6E1EE220AFC1.jpeg

53FF6BC4-9A7E-48C2-B7FA-71B87F82E478.jpeg

I would always want to thin mine out a bit pre flower, but I guess you wouldn't want to go to hard before you knew the amount of stretch you'll be expecting...still take probably half the leaf and be pretty safe though.

51 minutes ago, JustGrewIt said:

@Pupilfam not sure what you mean by take off the top 12-16 inches of large fans? Can you explain or provide an image?

Measure 12-15” from the tops down. Then remove all the biggest sun leaves from that point up to the tops.

easy peasy.

No sir.

start measuring from the Tops down.

Not from the stalk  out.

say your plant is 2’ tall. Take the top foot of large sun leaves off.

Leaving only small water leaves and nodes.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much stretch?

they seem pretty tight. At least from here.

pretty flowers starting to stack up.

almost time for a defoliation.

Figure another week or so.

Did you figure out the gist of defoliating?

if not @Coastalgives a little Info on his methods for commercial production in his thread.

You wouldn’t do as he is as he is commercial but it would give you a good idea of how to go about it..

Really nice looking flowers ,

and what appears to be purple trichomes on the sugar leaves.

How they smelling?

Do just a stem rub, don’t crumple the flowers.

That will cost you some trichomes being crushed.

Guest JustGrewIt

@Ilynnboy I’d say 2x stretch.

i am actually not sure how to describe the smell, I’d say herbs and spices from doing the stem rub.

Here is my plan for defoliation. I believe this image captures the instructions of 12-16” from top. Please correct me if I am wrong.

F6BCB633-07E1-412B-9917-70078D8F1A61.jpeg

I’d say that’s about right.

I would strip the bottom 1/3 of the plant.

make it so there’s nothing but stems down there..

That area is an energy thief.

it will produce very little smokable material for you and will steal energy from your most productive areas (the top 2/3 of the plant.).

I will search the site for a well stripped and defoliated plant ready to produce maximum weight.

I’ll be back with an example..

Ok here is an extreme example.

this is stripped and defoliated for Commercial production.

I would go a little easier for home gardens, but this is a good example for you to study.

884CD5B5-9DCB-45A5-9FEF-7E088B87DA56.thumb.png.711ab3966f142c1cf1f9418e91c186c6.png

3 hours ago, JustGrewIt said:

@Ilynnboy indeed, the other plants I defoliated as instructed above on day 21, I am waiting until day 28 for the indigo grape per @Pupilfam. Thanks for checking up on me with it.

Yes sir, I Just want your buds to be as big and beautiful as possible.

Archived