Prayer pupil

Guest Luka grows organic

My Prayer Pupil got topped above the 5th node (somewhat botched but didnt care) and now is undergoing light bondage. I was going to leave it in veg for the month of March and flip it 4/1. Unless that is utterly insane. 

It has been the least trouble and a strong grower. The rest of the tent has been a pain. 

4464E0E2-8012-4966-B741-5AB8825EFAB0.jpeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Coastal said:

Looks like she was hungry @Dog Star ! How was she to grow?

Very easy to grow,lot of resin...  think its a good thing plant fade a bit at the end..  its also sign shes finishing her ciclus,

am was look at hairs and some phenos seems already finished..  8-9 weeks flo

Will know more after smoke test..

Also have some "purplish" pheno...

DSCN2991.JPG

DSCN2992.JPG

2 hours ago, Pupilfam said:

Very nice!! Gonna be some awesome smoke 🙂 enjoy the vibes

What phenos are favorite to you,can you tell me what traits have your favorite pheno,think on leaf,etc.. are those strongest ones have some trait i can sees??

Does that colored or more green ones are better??

Cant wait to harvest,dry them and then to finaly try to smoke...  by touching with fingers am encounter really interesting terps..

All the best @Pupilfam

• 2 weeks later...

The favorites all come down to the smoke tests, subtle differences in vibes between each plant. Generally all are strong, but some are extra psychedelic and really interesting amazing feeling. I like almost all of them. The hashy bluebell soapy flavor is my fav.

My Prayer is going like a champ. Topped and some light LSD to pseudo mainline. It just started into flower with 4 main outer bud sites and a matching set of 4 inner sites. 

I was intimidated by it at first but it has been so easy that next grow I’m going all mass med (panjam, pandrag, mr e, praying mantis, pan-p tower and heavenly S x Amnesia pup). 

FFF30D5C-096B-4693-BC20-753966DA2C71.jpeg

One week later and my Prayer Pupil doubled in size. Because of the topping and LST it is only 17-19 inches tall but is now 2x2. 10+ cola sites (4 main, 4 inner and some misc) and a solid 6+ weeks left in flower. Main colas will get support stakes next week. She’ll have to grow vertically from here on out.  I’m curious how much weight it will put on having been kept short. 

88122CA0-D5F4-4C0E-B5CF-69C53ACAE345.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Week 4 of flower. She’s starting to put on weight and terps are coming in. Smells really good. Insanely good. I’ll take a better pic next week when she gets bigger. I suspect with the topping / pseudo mainline I wont get monster colas but it is covered with a ton of buds. Cold spell is making it hard to keep the temps up in the tent even with the heater maxed out (61-75 F). My tent is in the garage. Humidity is running between 40-60. Lighting is not ideal but I spent my budget in seeds so I’m stuck with what I have for a bit.  

714AA5AA-2D1D-4822-8B36-19E7A7E18CB2.jpeg

Here are some non-burple pics. There are two tiers of buds. A lower shelf and then the upper shelf. The height to the upper shelf is 12-13 inches. The colas are 17-18 inches. Cola to cola it is 18 inches. So totally possible to not grow it tall and keep it in a small tent.  Key for my grow since I have one light and different size plants. 

The large colas are putting on weight but only on the inner side - see the pic. That is what will kill the yield compared to a non-topped plant. We have a solid 4-5 weeks to go so it should start bulking up but probably wont yield what it would have not topped. 

It has been the easiest to grow in the tent. The Night Owl auto in there is also doing well. The seeds I grabbed from a west cost ubiquitous seed bank have failed or been weak under-performers. What I saved in seed price I paid double for in bad seeds/genetics. Knowing I can keep the height in check next round I’m doing for three mass medicals (pan jam, pan drag and oth x bm). 

368AF182-0E71-4496-ABF2-7E68F5F77EEE.jpeg

Topped one of these today. Tossed the top then picked it back up when I got a whif of something. WOW! I walked out and gave it to my wife for a smell. "We're growing mint?" Straight up mint. Nothing else. This is going to be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I flipped to flower 3/14 so coming up on week 7 of flower. The fade started 2 days ago and is picking up.  She is killing off the fan leaves.  Trichome watch in progress but looks like she’ll stay true to the 8-10 week estimate. Guessing she’ll go around 5/13 in week 9. 

This has been a very easy grow and has grown exactly as advertised. 

29EBB773-29F8-466C-B5C1-F8D66648889C.jpeg

Good strain @Pupilfam,am saved some clones,most of plants are good yielders and i saved best clone from 4  that have some interesting terps...

like sweet honey from alpha-alpha flower nectar,that is closest i can put mine finger on...  definitly sweet flowery note is very dominant,not soapy at all

like some people report phenos..

am get ridded of purple pheno.. didnt get nothing interesting in her and no significant terps to enjoy..

anyway i found one for keeper..  thats good for only 10 seeds that i sprouted..

Hi @Dog Star hope you are keeping well mate !

Have you had a cheeky sample yet - if not then get on with it (haha).

Would like to hear your views. I have 3 of these coming down on Wednesday so I'm

all ears/eyes on this one.

I have 2 soapyish plants (I'm crap at putting names to smells) and the other is somewhat honeyish.

I'd been trying to sus what the smell was and your honey comment above is spot on so thanks for that

although it's quite subtle

I'll try to put a couple of pics up later if I can. 

Cheers !

Kind regards @highdihigh,take clones of all phenos,thats the best road to keep favorite...

Honey-nectar pheno is best terpy and most enjoyable for smoke so i needed to keep her,

am have 4 phenos,purple one discarded,then other 2 green ones was good but honey-nectar is sticking out

with great taste..

All phenos have good sized and proper filled buds,nice density..

• 3 weeks later...

And we harvested at the end of week 9. Very strong mint smell. The Mrs came to help trim the Prayer Pupil and kept commenting on the smell. Very strong structure unlike the other two we harvested. Woody and solid. Nugs were very dense. Had to do a wet trim to get air flow on the branches for drying. 

9382D2E0-8714-4239-B28C-69517FFE285E.jpeg

i had my eyes on PP when i bough round earth, now after seeing some buds an hereing all the terp profiles , im gona grab a pack.

has anyone grown any reg seed  of PP ,if so how do they compair?

Archived