Star Pupil

Pupilfam

Hey guys, welcome to my breeder section on the forum here! Very honored to have it, and hope to see a bunch of people joining and contributing. I love to see my strains in your gardens and hearing the feedback and how happy they make people 🙂

To start it off I want to share my baby, the Star Pupil! This is my most special plant, some of my favorite smoke of all time, best breeding plant, and cornerstone of many of the Mass Medical Strains varieties. Anything of mine with the name Pupil in it, is related to the Star Pupil!

I created her in the beginning with seeds gifted to me to a friend when I began. She's a mix of Thai and Afghani/Pakistani. She is one of the most unique purple buds, and she often converts people who hate purple weed, when they smoke it and see that she actually gets you really high! It's got a super unique high, a very special vibe.

Helpful with a lot of medicinal conditions, patients report relief from anxiety, depression, chronic pain, stomach and digestive issues, arthritis, lyme, muscle issues, and many more. I find the energy of her high keeps me a positive person always seeing the best in every situation. It has a great feeling, and when I smoke things which don't have star pupil in them I often feel like its missing "something" probably cause I smoke so much Pupil! Other bud still gets me high and I love it, but SP just has something extra special, to me.

Flower time: 9 weeks. Every plant from seed is uniform and displays deep purple flowers (no cold needed) with pupil aroma and flavor, with great potency and signature feeling effect. From seed she can start off a tiny bit slow in the beginning but will catch up to everyone else if you grow her right. Once she is mature she takes off and grows fantastic, and her clones are vigorous and easy to grow.

Because of her unique genetics it is very important to allow the soil to dry out completely, super super dry, between every watering. Each time you do water, water her completely thorouhgly. She will grow faster, better, and healthier this way. People who don't listen to me on that always suffer until they try it and then are blown away by how well she grows with the extra dry-down each time. Unique strains have to be grown in unique ways. Her crosses do best with this dry-down cycle but can also be watered a little less carefully whenever and are very vigorous and easy to grow regardless. Star Pupil and all her crosses will claw when unhappy, meaning let them dry more between watering, the roots need to breathe... overwatering makes them take up too much Nitrogen... flowering a clawed plant will display smaller yields and reduced potency. The Star Pupil is pure magical headstash quality flower. Nobody wants to get rid of it and those who do can never keep up with the demand once they start!

Star Pupil is just my favorite, and I always love seeing her in other peoples gardens, I can recognize her instantly. She has distinct roundy leaves, large hollow stems, initial vertical branching style (does well being spread out, top bent down during stretch, she will form an amazing even canopy... from clones they get better structure too!) The smells working with this plant in veg are fantastic! They put a huge smile on my face, and many other people comment on the aroma as well when defoliating. In veg, I do not recommend removing any of her large fan leaves or you will slow her down. She grows massive leaves which supply the plant with large amounts of energy. I do recommend cleaning out the inner and lower shaded growth once per month. In flower, clean up lowers on day of flip, and then on day 28 defoliate large fans on the top foot or two of the plant, for best results. Does absolutely amazing indoors and out. Please grow organically, with love.

P1111196.JPG

starpupilflower.jpg

star-pupil.png

P1855390.JPG

Guest Luka grows organic

She sure is special that’s for sure, first strain I’ve  purchased seeds of I seen the high time article and knew I had to have these gems💜 and thank god I did because introduced me to real genetics bred for affect 

DEB7FD2F-7020-4F42-AC15-B8C5612D5875.jpeg

Guest Luka grows organic

I remember the effects though super creative vibes! I miss it I’m a chef so it helped me come up with a few great dishes I still put out!

12 minutes ago, Luka grows organic said:

I remember the effects though super creative vibes! I miss it I’m a chef so it helped me come up with a few great dishes I still put out!

No way!! Man, that is so cool. I am obsessed with food... lol I say that is if that's not all of us... please tell me about these dishes!

Guest Luka grows organic

One was a pork osso buco, a fat red wine braised pork shank with veggies on a bed of polenta, then I had breakfast one day , Eggs and bacon lol obviously smoked before work as I do every day, 1 nice bowl hit, had the idea to make a fancy pizza version of bacon and eggs so I used pancetta, white truffle oil, local organic egg yolks on a pizza 🔥🔥

A5459B1F-3FD6-45C8-B772-8FB39F98F1FB.jpeg

D51B2AFD-DA1A-4427-87CE-8BE0D27971E5.jpeg

@Luka grows organic

That is delicious looking/sounding! Gimme some... Star Pupil definitely inspires creativity. I honestly think its one of the plants that helps us be our truest best self... rather than some weed which seems to keep us stuck in one place... figuratively and literally.

Let's try to keep on topic, but I cant wait to see you grow some more star pupil and come up with some more delicious meals! One of my faves, a kimchi veggie burger with turkey, mushrooms, and more kimchi, and a fried egg, on PURPLE bread... yeah... !

Here's when Green Leaf magazing featured Star Pupil. She's been featured in Hightimes too in 2017.

GreenLeafStarPupilStrainFeature.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest John Stone

Should I let the Star Pupil plants Coco Coir dry out as well? Im running two strains, with the Canna line of nutrients, one strain has no issues with High Frequency Fertigation and daily drenching, but my Star Pupil plants show a little bit of issues, but it appears the pH of my run-off differed, 5.5 solution 6.5 runnoff, so i am now drenching them

On 11/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, John Stone said:

Should I let the Star Pupil plants Coco Coir dry out as well? Im running two strains, with the Canna line of nutrients, one strain has no issues with High Frequency Fertigation and daily drenching, but my Star Pupil plants show a little bit of issues, but it appears the pH of my run-off differed, 5.5 solution 6.5 runnoff, so i am now drenching them

I could be wrong but I believe drying out coco is a No-no.

@Coastal, care to comment on coco moisture levels?

I have never run SP but I do run coco with canna nutes. Some strains like to dry out a bit more than others I run but I never let them go more than day depending on the size of the pot. I try to let the plant tell me what it wants with every day observation coco can be a bit tricky with some strains..

Guest John Stone

Well I also still have them in small pots like 6 inches, under a 300w Kind K3 LED and they are 1 month old (will post photos), so i think that them being rootbound may be an issue, but ive got 5 gallon fabric bags now and as soon as this 4x4 Gorilla tent arrives i'll Xplant them and put them under my Kind XL1000, but i always run into rootbound issues from them growing extremely fast at the roots. I keep my humidity at 60-65 with an Inkbird humidity controller and the temp ranges from 76 to 80 degrees. Running Sherb Orbit and Star Pupil this time around, which ever plant performs well, i'll run only that plant next (cloned into 4 plants). I think next i'll try Lime Breath Reserve and Lime Cookie Reserve, after that..

• 4 months later...
Guest Michiganmademary

MMS, I see you have a very descriptive post on the effects and everything else, but I am very interested in the lineage and creation of this beautiful plant. Can you give us more of a rundown on the process of creating it? Just bought a pack of star pupil and I’m very excited to grow her. Thank you for any information! 

Archived