Oldschools brand new space

oldschool

oldschool

So i put my scissors down over 15 years ago and now that it's legal  i decided to run 12 plants outdoors.Well I had a decent run outdoors this year so i decided to go indoors.I will be starting with a 10x12x7.I plan on going all in on this room.My plan is a sealed room.First question,paint cinder block or buy Orca film.

IMG_5432.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5433.JPG

Came home today and had to boxes sitting in garage.

IMG_5446.JPG

• Like 6
  • Nice Job 2
  • Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oldschool

• Coastal

• Aspen

• shaggy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might start smoking again just so i can smoke this Banana Haze.This thing is so greasy.

Who say's you cant grow big plant's with Blumat's.This is a @Tonygreen GBX 4.It's a little over 5 foot. 

This little jewel was hiding in the middle of the Dragon og.It is a Banana Haze.It was the smallest plant but it realy packed on the crystal's.I think i will run this one again.

Posted Images

oldschool

Well shit,whats in those boxes.It's the first part of my new room.4 600watt HLG diy's.Thanks @Smokin Joe.I realy lost a bunch of sleep deciding what lights to run.To many great options.But in the end i realy wanted to try the new LED tech.Realy i just want to see if they realy are better than HPS.Now i will know.I got one full light built and plugged it in.WOW,this thing is brighter than the sun.

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5454.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Nice Job 3

i would paint them blocks personally, look better and last longer

• Like 5

I'm just a billiard ball that's chipped and scratched and soaked in smoke and wine.

Yeah, I'm a little too stoned to keep up with the times

You are gonna love those HLG 550's they kick some serious ass. Looking forward to watching the space evolve...

• Like 2
Kingfish

I would recommend a water seal dry lock / UGL or equivalent, you get your paint and foundation sealed simultaneously @oldschool. That will also help your space in several ways.  Have fun with those QB’s - looking Suh-Weet !!

• Like 4
Smokin Joe
14 hours ago, fly007 said:

Looks like a fun project!!

Enjoy those 550s. Send all future ophthalmologist bills to @Smokin Joe

13 hours ago, Pot Boy said:

You are gonna love those HLG 550's they kick some serious ass. Looking forward to watching the space evolve...

Actually those are 550's on steroids. 550's use a 480 watt driver and the 600 kit? Yup it's 600 watts 

• Like 5
  • Nice Job 1

What I would do is line the walls with foam panels.. Then orca film... If the walls are cold to the touch keep buds off of them.. So some of that depends on how you plan to layout your lights and trays... Make the most of the space but keep in mind you'll need access to all the plants... When you get at that point we can figure out your irragation and drainage... Did you decide to go CoCo??? This is gonna be so much fun!!! Your gonna kill it and I'm currently buying supplys to reconfigure my space at the same time... You have so many options... It just feels big and hard to wrap your head around... But your gonna be burning down the house lady...

Edited by Aspen
oldschool

Got two coats of paint up yesterday.Made 4 5x5 squares on the floor and hung a light in the middle of each.I put the lights up just to see how hot the room would get.Ran for 1.5 hours.Room got to 80 degrees.The lights got way hotter than i thought they would.As you can see my layout seems to to have some gaps between the lights.Maybe i should fill those wholes.Not sure.Would realy like to have a PAR Meter so i can see how even the light is.Waiting for my Titan Heleo 7 to arrive so i have some real outlets.Yes two of those wall's are exterior and cold to the touch.

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

• Like 4
  • Nice Job 1
32 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Got two coats of paint up yesterday.Made 4 5x5 squares on the floor and hung a light in the middle of each.I put the lights up just to see how hot the room would get.Ran for 1.5 hours.Room got to 80 degrees.The lights got way hotter than i thought they would.As you can see my layout seems to to have some gaps between the lights.Maybe i should fill those wholes.Not sure.Would realy like to have a PAR Meter so i can see how even the light is.Waiting for my Titan Heleo 7 to arrive so i have some real outlets.Yes two of those wall's are exterior and cold to the touch.

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

When you get your trays... We will know more about where to hang the lights... We gotta figure out your footprint and how the trays will fit for the best growth in your space... The lights will be centered above each tray so overlapping light will help the trays next to it and reflects off those nice white walls... Good call on the paint... That will get ya started just fine... And remember were gonna grow into this space... So nothing has to be written in stone... Personally I'm keeping my new layout away from the walls and using the outside between the walls and trays as a walk space... My trays roll on platforms with casters so that I can move them around to work each plant...they sleep all bundled under the light then spread the trays out when we are working the room...

Edited by Aspen
  • Like 2
  • Great Advice 1
Smokin Joe
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG

1 watt = 3.4 btu's of heat no matter what is using it. 

• Like 4

Those 600s run about 640 tbh. I run all 600 also . can't compare to hid ....youll see that fast

Why better ill never hang a hid again 

• Like 4
On 11/7/2019 at 10:39 PM, oldschool said:

Well shit,whats in those boxes.It's the first part of my new room.4 600watt HLG diy's.Thanks @Smokin Joe.I realy lost a bunch of sleep deciding what lights to run.To many great options.But in the end i realy wanted to try the new LED tech.Realy i just want to see if they realy are better than HPS.Now i will know.I got one full light built and plugged it in.WOW,this thing is brighter than the sun.

IMG_5451.JPG

IMG_5454.JPG

Lol Blinded Everyone... I love that... These are so so much more advanced than what ya use to run... GREAT DECISION... I'm looking at a personal record somewhere above 7 pounds off 15 plants... These lights have more than proved themselves and the learning curve is easy... Ill show ya how to never light burn a tip... These will do it quick...

• Like 1
Coastal

Your going to want to move some air on those outside walls to make it help with cooling instead of condensating and growing mould... looks great though and I bet the crossover from the lights will be high enough, it’s the walls that eat up light.

• Great Advice 2
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Coastal said:

Your going to want to move some air on those outside walls to make it help with cooling instead of condensating and growing mould... looks great though and I bet the crossover from the lights will be high enough, it’s the walls that eat up light.

I was going to ask her to look at 8 wall mount fans 16 inches should work great and create enough turbulence to gently keep the air stirred with co2... @oldschool 8 16 inch fans is what I would recommend for the space... All blowing at the wall across the room on low to medium power should keep those branch tips swaying lightly... Never point them directly at the plants... You want the fans creating turblance and turblant air moves the plants not the force of the fan... Fans blowing directly on the plants will cause VPD issues and slow the development of the plants where the fan is hitting the crop.... Air movement and way more than you would think is what you are looking for...

Edited by Aspen
  • Like 1

@oldschool I'm really glad to see a few of my friends here pulling up chairs... I had the best mentor... And a lot of other help... @Smokin Joe is my Biker Thug...lol just love him... And @Coastal is responsible for adding about 2 pounds off my room to every harvest... I love this Shit.... This is where the Lab comes through... This is 7 pounds easy we are building you a 10 to 14 pound room.... The boys around here are great... Your gonna be able to make this look bad like its Small Time.... Lol.. Have a great day.

Resized_20191108_235513.jpg

Edited by Aspen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 2
oldschool
18 hours ago, Aspen said:

What I would do is line the walls with foam panels.. Then orca film... If the walls are cold to the touch keep buds off of them.. So some of that depends on how you plan to layout your lights and trays... Make the most of the space but keep in mind you'll need access to all the plants... When you get at that point we can figure out your irragation and drainage... Did you decide to go CoCo??? This is gonna be so much fun!!! Your gonna kill it and I'm currently buying supplys to reconfigure my space at the same time... You have so many options... It just feels big and hard to wrap your head around... But your gonna be burning down the house lady...

I do want to try the COCO.But my  biggest worries are.

1.Ive never used it,nor know anyone that uses it.Straight up COCO Virgin here.

2.i go out of town several times a year and need something easy to maintain while im gone.Basicaly my friend takes care of my stuff when im gone so he needs to be able to take care of the system.He drinks alot.

3.I will be starting around 6 differant strains at once and cant afford to F-UP my first run.I need to get some money coming in ASAP.

• Like 2
oldschool
Just now, oldschool said:

What I would do is line the walls with foam panels.. Then orca film... If the walls are cold to the touch keep buds off of them.. So some of that depends on how you plan to layout your lights and trays.

If i cover the walls with foam.Will i have to worry about mold growing behind it.I just painted the one bad area on my outer wall with mold killing paint and then topcoat with waterproofing paint with anti mold shit added to it.I have my gutter get stopped up at least a couple times a year which does drop at the corner of my house and sometimes makes the wall dampen and get a little mold on it.As long as i clean the gutters all the time i dont have water problems.Stupid pine tree's.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If i cover the walls with foam.Will i have to worry about mold growing behind it.I just painted the one bad area on my outer wall with mold killing paint and then topcoat with waterproofing paint with anti mold shit added to it.I have my gutter get stopped up at least a couple times a year which does drop at the corner of my house and sometimes makes the wall dampen and get a little mold on it.As long as i clean the gutters all the time i dont have water problems.Stupid pine tree's.

That's a good point... I didn't think about that... My plywood walls are easy to work with... The paint is fine.. We just need to keep the plants off cold surfaces... And the SCROGS will handle most of that.... Keeping them dry with air movment and the plants grouped together will Probally be best...

Edited by Aspen
oldschool
Just now, Aspen said:

That's a good point... I didn't think about that... My plywood walls are easy to work with... The paint is fine.. We just need to keep the plants off cold surfaces... And the SCROGS will handle most of that....

I like the idea of insulated wall's.Just had that concern.

Coco is real easy to run.way easyer then promix..feed feed feed .can bottem feed or top .can let sit in tub of mix for longer times of watering if u going away . Just works great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
oldschool

Need some assistance here.I plan on running the room off it;s own sub panel.I was going to mount the sub panel a couple feet from the main panel on the same wall.Just making sure there's not a better place in the room.Also has anyone had experience withe the Mr Cool DIY 24k mini split.Will be using it in lower Michigan.Or can suggest a better brand.https://iwae.com/shop/24k-btu-16-seer-mrcool-diy-ductless-heat-pump-split-system-with-wifi-smart-kit-wall-mounted-ha18421.html

IMG_5566.JPG

IMG_5564.JPG

Edited by oldschool
  • Like 1
oldschool
On 11/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, Aspen said:

I was going to ask her to look at 8 wall mount fans 16 inches should work great and create enough turbulence to gently keep the air stirred with co2... @oldschool 8 16 inch fans is what I would recommend for the space... All blowing at the wall across the room on low to medium power should keep those branch tips swaying lightly... Never point them directly at the plants... You want the fans creating turblance and turblant air moves the plants not the force of the fan... Fans blowing directly on the plants will cause VPD issues and slow the development of the plants where the fan is hitting the crop.... Air movement and way more than you would think is what you are looking for...

Wow,8 fans.Guy at the grow store suggested 6 and i was thinking 4.

• Like 1